HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What We'll Always Be, A series of EdxWin drabbles anime and manga based!
Celeste Nayamash...
post Nov 26 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #16

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,278

Holy crap! Thanks soooo much for the reviews, guys! Thanksgiving had me so rushed and so busy I didn't have time to write another drabble, but I did last night happy.gif This is my first songfic in this drabble series. It's written to the song Home by Chris Daughtry. While it's EdxWin, it's also hard to completely write about EdxWin with Edward being in Munich, but I wanted to pull it into a different EdxWin perspective from Ed's point of view. However, I still wanted to add it to the drabble list! happy.gif It's rather angsty because I'm having a hard time in my life right now, so writing and drawing my feelings helps. I hope you enjoy this as much as the others happy.gif

Home

I'm staring out into the night,
Trying to hide the pain.

He'd been taking a walk around the city for quite awhile; just something that always helped to clear his head. Edward wasn't sure how long he'd been gone nor did he really care for that matter. It was cold, but from all the years of traveling he'd done, this weather hardly phased him. In the year he'd been here, he'd done nothing but search for a ways to go back home. Ed had delved into the science of rocketry with his best friend, but it was to no avail. It had been a year since he was lost to this side of gate and Christmas was just around the corner. All Edward wanted was to go back home to his little brother Alphonse, and back to the woman he realized he was in love with only too late, Winry Rockbell. How he longed to find his way back to Granny Pinako, his teacher Izumi, back to that bastard General Mustang, Liuetenant Hawkeye, Major Armstrong and all of the other members of the military he'd grown so close to. He missed Amestris, he longed for home. There was just no other word for it. A light snow was beginning to fall from the dark heavens as he made his way down the Munich outskirts. He had his gloved hands shoved deep into the pockets of his long, dark-hued coat which billowed out behind him with every step he took.

Edward stopped to admire the river that had iced over and watched the falling, crystal-like, white flakes begin to build a small blanket over the top of the sparkling, frozen water. The lights from the city across the water shone brightly on the river's glassy surface, giving an almost green-tinged hue. It was a beautiful sight, but the blond knew of even more beautiful sights he could be seeing right now. Ed would much rather see the snow falling on the green grounds of Resembool. The young scientist leaned up against the fence, resting his elbows gently on the rickety wood, stared out into the night and wondered what his little brother and Winry were doing at this time. They were most likely putting up the Christmas Tree, or having hot cocoa and snuggling in front of the fire like they'd done every year together when they were just carefree children. This was going to be his first Christmas without his little brother or Winry. He could feel a miserable ache raising in his chest, followed by a lump in his throat, which he tried to swallow back.

I'm going to the place where love
And feeling good don't ever cost a thing.
And the pain you feel's a different kind of pain.

Edward could imagine that if he were home right now, they'd all be sitting in front of the fire, wrapped up in a big fuzzy blanket with him in the center. All three of them would be clutching mugs of steaming, hot cocoa between their hands and laughing at miniscule things; Winry would probably be anxiously trying to fit him with proper automail to handle the cold weather, and Al would probably own a thousand cats, all climbing all over him and mewing while he teased them with ribbon used from wrapping presents. He could picture himself and Winry snuggled on the couch together, his arms wrapped tightly around her warm body while the younger Elric decorated the tree and Pinako would bring in trays of fresh eggnog. All of the years back home just seemed like such a distant memory now, and the holidays here were nothing but colorless and cold compared to how he'd spent his Christmases in the past. Those were the days he could remember he felt wonderful and it didn't hurt.

Well, it did. Sometimes it hurt too much. Especially the times going back to Resembool. Those were during the years searching for the Philosopher's Stone with Edward's little brother, but whenever they came back home to Resembool, that beautiful, warm and smiling face always was there to greet him. Her blue eyes would sparkle at his sight and he would feel his heart leap, but it would also clench painfully at the same time. It was always so hard to tell her that their stay wouldn't be long. This pain when he came back to her though was a different type of pain that he felt. It wasn't like the automail being reattached, which he hated to admit that he missed. It wasn't one of physical hurt from a battle nor was it sadness. It was a good type of the pain, the only type of pain that a normal human would want to feel in their lives. He never could understand it himself at that time. Of course he'd only been 15 years old, so it was hard to understand why Winry made him feel that way. However at the same time when it came time to leave, the hurt would change into a hurt he never wanted to feel. Trying to stay strong, he'd just shove it to the back of his mind and move forward, just like he tried to do now.

I'm going home,
Back to the place where I belong,
And where your love has always been enough for me.
I'm not running from.
No, I think you got me all wrong.
I don't regret this life I chose for me.
But these places and these faces are getting old
So I'm going home.
Well I'm going home.

The young scientist continued to walk, gazing at the piles of snow that lay scattered across the ground. The grass felt stiff and crispy underneath his boots, but he paid it no mind and just continued on, wondering about his family and wondering about home. All he had here was Alfons Heiderich. A young man who very much resembled his younger brother and who he'd become very close friends with. They had met at Dr. Oberth's and resumed studying rocketry together. Edward had hoped against hope that by studying this science, he might be able to find a way to go back home. In fact, he'd been so determined and made himself believe that by doing this he would find a way back that he'd dedicated his life's work to this. He told stories to Alfons about his home, this other world that was just on the other side of the gate, but the rocket engineer had just laughed at him and told him to become a novelist. Back when he was younger, Edward probably would have gotten angry, but he didn't. He tried to understand how the things the blond was telling his friend would sound far fetched. Despite all of that there were really only a few times a year that would pull at the young scientist's heartstrings and making him long even more for home. That was Winry and Al's birthdays, Christmas and Oct 3rd.

Edward found himself a spot in the grass and plopped down, biting his lip to fight back lonely, bitter tears he could feel creeping up beneath his golden irises. He missed everyone so much so that was inexplainable. He was lonely and nobody could fill the empty void in his heart the way that Alphonse and Winry could. The blond reached his left hand up, placing it carefully on his counterfiet limb. He loathed these limbs he wore in this world, but if it wouldn't have been for Hohenhiem, he wouldn't his arm or leg at all. When he tried to bring back his brother, his right arm and left leg were taken once more in the equivalent exchange, but he was also brought here. Edward couldn't feel angry about this though. This was the life that had been chosen for him when he tried to bring his brother back. He didn't regret it though as long as his brother was alive and living the life he should have four years ago. Ed just hated the hell that had been allotted for him.

The miles are getting longer, it seems,
The closer I get to you.
I've not always been the best man or friend for you.
But your love, remains true.
And I don't know why.
You always seem to give me another try.

Somehow and some way, Edward didn't know how, but he knew that his brother was alive and living in his human body on the other side of the gate. He also knew that Winry, Pinako, Izumi and the others were taking good care of him in his stead. For the first time in his life, at this very moment, he longed for the automail that Winry had always so graciously and generously put so much thought and time into to make for him. He missed the familiar feel of the steel of the automail, flexing the fingers, the gentle pressure he'd feel from her hands while she worked on his arm or squeezed his metal fingertips. His had been the only automail she'd ever tenderly carressed just like she would a real, human arm. However at times it seemed as though the closer Edward got to a new development into the rocketry with Alfons, the further away home seemed to get. It angered him. Sometimes, all the familiar faces he knew from home seemed to become a blur, and the blond would grip onto them with all of his mental and emotional strength, not wanting to lose those memories of the ones he'd loved so much. Sometimes even his brother's face would start to fade, sending him into a torrent of curses and often accompanying tears. He never allowed Alfons to see just how nostalgic and desolate he felt. Edward wouldn't let his friend see how lonely he'd become, but in his times alone, he found himself delving into thoughts of going back home; back into Winry's arms and by his little brother's side.

The blond could also remember all the times he'd treated his mechanic so poorly, and that just infuriated him all over again. He clenched his gloved fists against the grass, feeling the crisp blades break off into his hands. Though no matter how terrible he'd been to her, how hard he'd tried to hold back his feelings, Winry had always been there with open arms to hold him, to comfort him in his times of need and to love him. The beautiful blonde had never once pushed him away. It had taken the alchemist awhile to realize that he loved his mechanic. He could never tell her though. Ed loved her so much that it hurt, but he couldn't allow it to show to her. There had been many things he had to do at the present time. His first priority had been to get his younger brother back into his body just as he'd promised, and honestly Edward didn't know if he'd come out of it alive. The blond had always felt that it would be selfish of him to allow himself to succumb to the romance he'd longed to show the mechanic and that it would be just cruel to Winry if he tried to pursue something with her only to end up leaving her behind just like Hohenhiem had done to Trisha. The young scientist didn't want Winry to end up like how his mother did, so he kept his love for her hidden and made sure she never found out. Now he wished he'd at least said something to her before he'd left her for the last time.

So I'm going home,
I'm not running from.
But these places and these faces are getting old.

Edward tugged on some of the crisp grasp in between his thumb and forefinger, as his sentiments continued to invade his mind and wind themselves around all the times he'd spent with his brother and with Winry. He was tired of being in this strange world. The land was completely foreign to him. There was no use of alchemy here which was a part of him. That part seemed to die away once he'd arrived in this world. Everything was so dull and colorless compared to his world. It was even much more cold here as well. Sure, Ed had seen a lot of familiar faces. He'd met Officer Hughes, the Hughes of this world, but there were major differences in between the two. The Hughes from back in Amestris had been killed, but before that he'd been a very outgoing, cheerful and noisy man. He had always carried around pictures of his little girl Elysia and showed them off to everyone he came in contact with. He was definitely the epitomy of a doting daddy. The blond let out a small snicker as he rememered just how nice and insane the Liuetenant Colonel, now named Brigadier General, had been.

Another one was Edward and Alfons's landlady. She was the doppleganger of the Gracia from back home. Gracia had been Hughes's wife before he met his untimely demise. However, this Gracia was just as sweet and warm as the other one had been, which always made the blond look forward to seeing her. Even though they were familiar faces, they weren't the ones he longed for back home. In fact, sometimes he was getting tired of seeing them day after day, except for maybe Alfons. Often, he'd even found himself looking at Alfons as his little brother, and then would the blond mentally slap himself in the back of the head and remind himself that this was Alfons Heiderich and not his little brother, Al.

Be careful what you wish for,
'Cause you just might get it all.
You just might get it all,
And then some you don't want.
Be careful what you wish for,
'Cause you just might get it all.
You just might get it all, yeah.

Edward choked back a sob, trying not to allow his emotions to get the better of him, but he just couldn't hold it in any longer. The feeling had crept on him earlier in the day while he and Alfons had been in the hanger. His friend had questioned him, wondering if he was alright, but the blond had just lied and told him he wasn't feeling well and decided to go home a little early. He still managed to keep up his cheerful front when they got back. Edward had went straight to his room, not saying anything more to the confused rocket engineer and decided to take a nap, hoping that it would wash out all of the anguish that had so unexpectedly built up inside of him. However when he woke it hadn't, but that had only been because his dreams were full of Winry, Alphonse and all the people he was aching to be with. They were filled with the rolling green hills that was Resembool, the bright, golden glowing sun, the gentle rush of the wind in his hair, the scent of the river, Winry's soft hands plaiting his hair. That was when he told Alfons he was going for a walk. He'd hope the cold, night winter air would clear his head, but it only made him think and reminisce even more. Alone out here on the ground, he finally allowed the tears to escape, streaming uncerimoniously down his cheeks. He never did hear the footsteps approach him from behind.

"There you are," came a warm, familiar male voice. "I was wondering where you'd went off too. You've been gone for a really long time, Ed. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah," Edward replied in a voice barely above a whisper. He fought shamefully to keep the trepidation out of his voice, but he just couldn't. He averted his eyes and turned his head so Alfons couldn't see his face.

"Are you alright, Ed? What's wrong?" Alfons questioned, worry imminent in his tone. He could tell Edward was upset about something.

"I just wanna go home, Alfons," Edward found himself admitting to his best friend. The words had just come spilling like a waterfall before he even had a chance to hold them back and he found himself pouring his heart out to his friend. "I miss my brother and I miss Winry. All I want is to just go home," he told him, allowing himself to succumb to his sobs of longing, of bitterness, of lonliness.

Edward dropped his head, allowing his golden bangs to curtain his face from the inundation of tears that were unwantingly cascading down his cheeks now. Alfons didn't mistake it though. He knew his friend was lonely. Even after hearing all the stories from Edward and as much he didn't want to believe they were true, they really were. Just seeing the normally cocky, strong and composed man like this made that fact known. Edward had never been one to allow his feelings to show. He always kept Alfons wondering if he even had emotions. If Ed wasn't cheerful, then he was just quiet, eyes either staring straight forward or nose buried in a book. However this was a side to the blond Alfons had never seen.

"I can only imagine how hard that must be for you, but just so you know you're not alone here, Ed. I'm here for you too," the rocket engineer told him, kneeling down behind his friend and placing a hand on his flesh shoulder.

"I know I'm not alone. I'm grateful that I at least have you for a friend, but at the same time...it's hard to explain," the blond told him, reluctant to explain himself. He just didn't want Alfons to think that he didn't care, because he did. It was just hard to get close to him for fear of losing him as well. "I know it's probably really selfish of me huh?" Edward laughed bitterly through his tears. "I mean, wanting to be back with my brother. I wanted him back so badly. I wanted him to just...be alive again. Trying to do that got me more than what I bargained for, I guess. I didn't want this, but I have no choice." He ran one of his gloved hands down his face to wipe away his tears.

Oh, well I'm going home,
I'm not running from.
But these places and these faces are getting old.
I said these places and these faces are getting old.
So I'm going home.
I'm going home.

Alfons just sighed as he squeezed Edward's left shoulder gently. He'd heard the young man whisper in his sleep at night. He'd heard the names Al and Winry more than once. It still seemed so very strange to him that there was really another world and how this boy had ended up here. Yet still, seeing his friend so distressed, so anguished it put the truth into his logic and Alfons knew that Edward hadn't been making up all these stories.

"You love her, don't you?" he questioned his friend gently.

"W-what?" Edward stammered, his golden eyes widening at Alfons's words. He inclined his head over his shoulder to look back at the smiling face of his best friend. "What do you mean?" The blond raised a thin, golden eyebrow.

"I mean, I've heard you whisper her name in your sleep. Winry I think is what you've said. You don't just miss your brother, but you miss her too, don't you?" the rocket engineer pointed out with a smile so evident that Edward could have slapped him if he were in a better mood.

The young scientist just sighed and dropped his head back down once more to stare the grass. "Yeah...I do...I miss her and love her. I just never told her, Alfons. I really wish I had now," he spoke in a voice barely audible.

"C'mon Ed. Let's go back to the apartment. It's getting cold and the snow is really starting to come down," Alfons proposed gently. "We can talk some more back there if you feel like it."

"Yeah...I guess. Maybe it'd be good to talk about it...," Edward replied sound slightly reluctant. He stood up on his feet and began heading back towards the city. "Listen Alfons...don't think...," he hesitated before continuing. "Don't think I'm taking our friendship for granted. I appreciate all the help and encouragement you give me."

"I know, Ed," Alfons stated, falling into step with the young, golden-haired man. "All this means is that we just need to work harder. We'll get you home, somehow. I promise."

Edward just gazed up at Alfons's smiling face and he felt his heart warm slightly. He really was lucky to have Alfons as his friend, and Ed also knew that he never broke a promise to anyone. As they walked back down the familiar path that led them to their apartment, Edward felt himself smile a bit. Winry...Al, I'm coming home. We'll all be together again soon.

--------------------

My DeviantArt My Fanfiction
Siggy made by me! EdxWin is <3 Avatar made by CeruleanSan <3
"Even when our eyes our closed, there's a whole world out there, that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."
Formerly known as WinryRockbell_83
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Nov 30 2007, 02:36 AM
Post #17

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

I know you don't need me to tell you how much I love these fics, but I will anyway, LOVE IT.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AngelHunteress16
post Nov 30 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 53,868

hi!! just wanted to tell you I think these are great!! I've read most of these on FF.Net and I think I ran into you once or twice on DeviantART. Love Only You...anyway. I love these!! You're such a talented writer!! Are there more??

+Quote Post
Celeste Nayamash...
post Dec 3 2007, 10:56 AM
Post #19

Alchemists

Member No.: 52,278

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Nov 30 2007, 03:36 AM) *
I know you don't need me to tell you how much I love these fics, but I will anyway, LOVE IT.

I'm so glad you do, Chi happy.gif and thank you! biggrin.gif

Oh you have!? Who are you on DA, AngelHuntress? I'm LadyAerith83 on fanfiction.net and MorningStar83 on deviantart. I'm so glad you guys are enjoying these! Here's one for the holidays!

It's Tradition

Edward groaned, rather loudly. In fact, he groaned resoundingly enough that everyone in the small room turned to gaze at him with curious expressions on their faces.

"Brother? Is everything alright?" Alphonse questioned, crossing the room to where the alchemist was currently planted on the couch. He was clutching a warm cup of eggnog in between his hands and grinning.

Edward's right elbow was leaning on the armrest and his chin was plopped into his gloved, metal hand. For the last four hours or so, the Elrics, Winry, Pinako, Roy and Riza had spent decorating the Rockbell home for Christmas. He still didn't understand why people got so involved with decorating an entire house. Earlier, he and Al spent most of the afternoon placing strings of lights all across the roof of the Rockbell home, around the trees outside and strung them across the porch as well. Now they were done, and Winry was just finishing up hanging the last of the tinsel and had moved to the window to finish.

The older Elric however, was growing rather bored. Pinako, who had made them all cups of fresh eggnog, had been currently engaged in conversation with the two military officials across the room, whom for once was not dressed in military attire. Roy was dressed in a very nice red, button-down shirt and black, freshly pressed dress slacks. Riza had on a satin blue dress with spaghetti straps that criss-crossed in the back. Her long, golden-blonde hair that she normally wore up, was down around her shoulders. Everybody was dressed up in their best for the occasion. Edward was wearing a dark green, dress, button down shirt made of a very soft material, that Winry had talked him into buying, and a pair of dress khakis. His golden hair was tied back in it's usual braid. His brother was dressed the same, except his shirt was white. Pinako was even done up as well. Upon hearing the alchemist's groan they had stopped to face him, Mustang with an eyebrow raised, a look suggesting 'what the hell is your problem' in his onyx eyes.

"Is this all we're going to do is just sit here and drink eggnog and stare at the tree? It's decorated, the lights are up, the tree is on and now we're just sitting here. I'm getting bored," he grumbled placing his mug down on an end table next to him.

"Edward, you're just never satisfied are you?" came an exasperated voice from the window. "I'm trying to get the rest of this done before the party starts."

There was a blond woman standing on a chair and hanging up what looked to the alchemist like a bunch of green leaves with white balls hanging off of them. She turned around to stare down at the older Elric from her chair, hands planted firmly on her slender hips. Edward was about to take a sip from his mug when he stopped the cup halfway to his mouth. He couldn't help but notice how incredibly attractive his mechanic looked tonight, even when she was irritated with him. She was wearing a long, strapless red dress that tied up at the back of her neck. The material was made of a glistening fabric so whenever she moved and the light caught her just right, it looked as though her dress were shimmering. The mechanic also had her sunlight, blonde hair pulled into an elegant updo he'd never seen on her before. She had long, light-gold ringlets falling around her neck and shoulders accompanied by loose, curled tendrils and a red-glittered gold poinsettia. Edward could feel the heat rising on his cheeks and hurriedly turned away from her and back to his eggnog before anybody could catch him staring at Winry. The last thing he wanted was Mustang to give him hell for checking out his automail engineer.

"Shaddap," the golden-haired man shot back, regaining any lost composure at Winry's sight. "You know I can't stand sitting around here and doing nothing. When's everybody supposed to be here anyway?"

"Well, Havoc should be here soon. Fuery is coming and so is Armstrong. Havoc's also bringing his new girlfriend for us to meet," Mustang spoke up with what sounded like a sarcastic snicker. The Flame Alchemist leaned back in the chair he was sitting in and tipped back his mug for another sip of eggnog.

"Yeah, it'll be interesting to meet her. According to Havoc she's his dream girl," Riza replied with a chuckle. Edward couldn't help but grin slightly. He'd never really seen the Lieutenant so relaxed and open with people. Then again, she and Roy had been dating for quite awhile now. Every since then, the older woman had seemed quite a bit different.

Edward was about to open his mouth and say something when a loud crash followed by a scream came from the kitchen. "OOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOO!! I'VE RUINED IT!!!!!" a familiar wail came drifting through the doorway. Everybody had jumped up from their seats and dashed past Winry and Edward, into the kitchen.

"Scieszka what did you-," Winry began, ready to leap down from the chair and follow the rest to the kitchen to help her friend. However she'd forgotten she was wearing strapped heels on her feet and began toppling over, losing balance on the chair. "WOAH!" she cried out as the mechanic completely lost her footing, and the chair slid out from under her.

"....!" Edward lept up from the spot he was sitting at on the couch and dashed to the window the moment he saw Winry start to fall. She was about two feet from the ground when the older Elric leaned downward and caught her in his arms before she could hit the floor. Winry had her azure eyes squeezed tightly shut, and her hands drawn up to her chest were in fists as she prepared herself to land on the hardwood floor. However, she never expected to land on something softer than the floor. The automail technician slowly opened her eyes with a bewildered expression on her face to see that Edward had caught her before she fell. A warm, pink blush sprinkled across her cheeks as she found herself staring up into intense, golden irises.

"You okay?" the alchemist questioned, still holding Winry in his arms.

"Y-yeah...just scared me is all," she told him breathlessly, a hand on her chest. The blonde's heart was positively pounding against her hand, though she wasn't sure if it were pounding because the fall had shocked her, or if it was pounding because of how close she and Edward currently were. He wasn't letting go of her either.

"You scared me. I thought you were going to get hurt," the older Elric admitted, a blush also rising on his face. Edward was leaned down on one knee, still holding Winry in his arms before he realized what was going on. Swiftly, the mechanic lept out of his arms and stood up, brushing off her dress and touching her hair to make sure it was still okay and the poinsettia was still firmly in place. Edward had abruptly stood, placing his hand on the back of his head and rubbing it, determined not to look at Winry.

"So...uhhh, you sure you're alright then?" he asked, staring up at the ceiling, his golden eyes swiveling back and forth across it as though trying to study it's structure and still not looking at his mechanic.

"Yes, I'm fine," Winry insisted and she also looked upward. The girl let out a small gasp as her eyes met where they were standing. "Ummm, hey Ed, do you realize where we're standing?" she inquired, tugging on the soft green sleeve of his shirt.

"Huh? What?" the alchemist sputtered, startled by Winry tugging on his shirt. She pointed upward a finger upward at the mass of green leaves they were currently placed underneath. "Uhhh...uhhh ummm...," he tried to say, coming to realize that himself and his mechanic were standing unexpectedly underneath the mistletoe. Edward was no fool, and he knew one of the oldest Christmas traditions in history was the kiss under the mistletoe. His heart began pounding so heavily against his ribcage that he thought it might burst through his flesh and land on the floor.

"Yeah we're...under the mistletoe," Winry told him with a nervous, hesitant laugh, the blush becoming even more pink on her cheeks.

"Yeah, I s-suppose we are," Edward told her. "Well uhh...nobody's in here and we can't, well...we can't break a Christmas tradition can we?"

"Oh!" Winry voiced softly, surprise imminent in her tone. Certainly she never in a million years expected that Edward Elric, the Fullmetal Alchemist wouldn't want to break a Christmas tradition, especially a kissing one. "Well, no I guess not. It'd be kinda sacrilege huh?"

The mechanic and the alchemist began moving closely towards one another, staring at each other with apprehension and intenseness in both of their eyes. Edward reached his hand out, placed it around Winry's waist and pulled her close to him. Winry brought her arms up and wrapped them around Edward's shoulders. She had to fight back a small giggle at realizing that he'd finally grown taller than her.

"Winry," he began, tenderly laying his hand on the side of her face and staring down into her glistening, ice blue orbs.

Edward leaned down slowly while Winry leaned upward and their lips met in a gentle brush. Her eyes fluttered shut at the chaste kiss. However it was obvious that they both wanted more than just a soft peck and so Edward dove down once more, capturing her lips softly in between his own. The blonde opened her lips and prodded at the alchemist's with her tongue, asking for entrance to which he obliged. Her warm tongue entered his mouth and massaged his appendage. He returned the favor, exploring her mouth with his own. The two were so lost and engrossed in their kiss that they never heard the group from the kitchen return back into the living room. At least, not until they were interrupted by Mustang clearing his throat.

"Well, it's nice to see that Fullmetal knows how to follow tradition," Roy said teasingly, a very cocky grin on his face. Riza came up behind him and smacked him on top of the head, scolding him for picking on the alchemist.

"Way to go, Brother!" shouted Alphonse gleefully.

"Nice move, pipsqueak!" came another cocky voice which Ed had come to recognize as Havoc's. When in the hell did he get there?

Winry and Edward quickly broke apart and jumped back away from each other, staring off to the side and not looking at one another. Edward's face could have passed for a lobster and if Winry had a wrench, it no doubt would have been on Mustang's skull.

"Oh please, continue. It's not like you were doing anything against military orders or anything, Fullmetal," Mustang continued with his usual beleaguering.

"Oh shut up," Edward grumbled, turning his back towards everyone and stared out of the window at the gentle snow falling outside of the house. He smirked to himself and seen that Winry had also joined him to look out the window, determined not to face everyone else that still stood dumbfounded in the doorway. Their eyes met and they shared a knowing smile. Their expressions were unreadable to everyone else, but to Edward and Winry, they both knew that this kiss wasn't just a traditional mistletoe kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
yay for Christmas traditions!!!

--------------------

My DeviantArt My Fanfiction
Siggy made by me! EdxWin is <3 Avatar made by CeruleanSan <3
"Even when our eyes our closed, there's a whole world out there, that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."
Formerly known as WinryRockbell_83

+Quote Post
AngelHunteress16
post Dec 3 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 53,868

Yay!! Warm cozy holiday fic!! Loved this one. Good job. Hehe...in the beginning Ed kinda reminded me of me a few days ago...when we were putting up all the decorations and my brother kept playing Xmas music...lol. Well, now that it's FINALLY snowed I'm in the Xmas spirit...and I loved this!! Better than hot cocoa biggrin.gif Anyway. My DA is SpirasSaviorYuna and my FFN is Angel-Hunteress. lol. keep em coming! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
RavenHair
post Dec 3 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 51,225

I agree, this was a cute one. And I love the drawing you did for this pic on DA! It came out so good! I would leave you a comment on there but I'm not registered on there since I'm not the greatest drawer lol. So I thought I'd let you know how great it was here. Two Thumbs up my dear! Keep them coming!!

EdxWin Forever!!

--------------------

Innocense is the purest creature. Often abused and mistreated it has become the rarest form of nature. Once gone, it never fully comes back.

+Quote Post
Omamori
post Dec 8 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 52,106

How cute! I just love these EdxWin fanfics, considering they're my favrotie pairing! happy.gif

I love the way you write, by the way, very sweet and poetic, in a sense.

--------------------

-------------------
||
DeviantArt||
-------------------
Set by Omamori

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 11:15 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css