HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
D.Gray-man, The Milennium Earl's already after you..., Warning! May contain posts with Spoilers without spoiler covers
kkg22104
post Jul 9 2009, 07:42 AM
Post #181

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,640

@Forsaken Love: I still don't know if the hiatus was caused by Hoshino getting sick (again) or her being sued, I've just heard rumors of both. I don't really like mangas being published monthly though, even though the chapters are longer we have to wait a whole month! (Like FMA, Claymore, Vampire Knight...) But I guess you're right, making a monthly manga will be easier on her. Reading Bakuman made me realize how hard mangakas work tongue.gif

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Red Shrimp
post Jul 14 2009, 06:53 PM
Post #182

Citizen

Member No.: 70,065

It's a good thing that DGM is coming back rather than feeling hopeless without knowing anything if they will continue it or not.

I still wonder why they changed it to Akamaru Jump (where Zone was also first publicized). Was it because of the "sue issue" (or if it was really true or not).

Then again, it's a good thing to have the manga back than not having any news at all hehe. Besides most of the Kanda fans have been waiting for months to know about his past.

--------------------
I'm not small! I just live in a big world goddammit!

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jul 19 2009, 10:26 AM
Post #183

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

QUOTE (Red Shrimp @ Jul 14 2009, 06:53 PM) *
Besides most of the Kanda fans have been waiting for months to know about his past.

*drools* there can never be enough Kanda in the world. I really hope we get a Kanda-centric super chapter! Hoshino-sensei can't leave us hanging after that last chapter!

I'm also interested in what their new mission is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jul 19 2009, 11:23 AM
Post #184

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Ick, one of the things I loved about DGM was that it was weekly. Monthly KILLS. FMA, Ouran High, Black Butler, Vampire Knight...and now D. Gray Man, too! If this means it'll come out reguarly, I shouldn't complain, but I really loved the weekly thing. Ah, well, my friend will be happy.

I read that the next chapters will deal with a Noah reunion, third exorcists, and Kanda's past. I hope it's true, b/c I'm looking forward to all of those! And the 14th stuff.

And eventually Cross, too, because I"m dying over that. It's been WAAAAY too long, with no definite answer to his condition/whereabouts. I'd hate to think a bas @$$ character like him would die so lamely, and at the hands of who knows?

And Link b/c I love that dorky little guy.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Jul 19 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #185

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,867

Just finish reading the first 3 volumes of the manga and I love the anime openings especially uverworld, nam takami, and the first one.

I could see at first glimps how the main character resemble Ed but I look closely and well Ed as he was drawn by Hirumo is much more masculine looking, blocky and well has other features that that make him so much different. The Personalities of Ed and Allen are also destroys any similaries as Allen is more polite, gentleman, and humble while Ed is more To the point, Confident, Defensive(especially when insulted), Action guy and well other things I can't name on top but yeah. There past I can see being similar as Allen try to bring his father figure back and ended becoming a akuma compare to Ed and Al bring their mom back and ended up doing the taboo.

At first I was turn off by their similarity at first glance but seeing the series and how different both characters are and I love both differently which finally got me to the series and was ashame I let something like that prevent me from trying it out.

+Quote Post
Red Shrimp
post Jul 20 2009, 06:44 PM
Post #186

Citizen

And eventually Cross, too, because I"m dying over that. It's been WAAAAY too long, with no definite answer to his condition/whereabouts. I'd hate to think a bas @$$ character like him would die so lamely, and at the hands of who knows?

Maybe it's too early to figure out what happened to Cross. It will come eventually biggrin.gif I still believe his alive. He knows too much about Noah, the 14th and the way the Black Order is moving. We can say he's one of the best key players in the story.

We cannot forget the Bookmen, too. I'm sure Hoshino will find ways to make the mystery about them to be known. However, putting all these mysteries altogether will eventually prolong the story [that will be an advantage for us readers ahahahah!]. Anyways, I think, Hoshino will put the puzzle together, only, in slow process.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wynter Myth
post Jul 23 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #187

Citizen

From: Watching Allen and Edo argue over how good Ramen is...
Member No.: 63,069

How did i not glompify this thread? *__*
I freaken love Allen!!! x333
And Lavi!!! x333

That reminds me...I need to continue on with my Allen and Lavi fan fiction.

(I know what it sounds like but it's NOT yaoi or shonen-ai >>; )

--------------------

RED VS BLUE

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 24 2009, 03:28 AM
Post #188

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

Cross is my faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavourite character, I LOVE HIM, and my 2nd favourite all time anime character, hes just pure awesome XD so I want explanatnions about his 'death' and i want them now _

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Shrimp
post Jul 29 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #189

Citizen

There's an update from a DGM LJ community: About Akamaru Jump publishing DGM on Aug17th.

I'm sorry I can't provide the link at the moment because that certain thread is locked for members only.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Aug 17 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #190

Member No.: 68,646

DGM 187 is out on OneManga (alkdshfasjdf asa YAY), and Binktopia will be releasing the chapter as well on Mangashare within a couple days (probably with a clearer translation) \o/

So much going on in this chapter! Where to begin!

TYKI!!! He's back! :'D he was always my favorite Noah. And we got to see nearly everyone again! LAVI!! I wish there was more Kanda, but I always wish there was more Kanda XD

I'm hopeful that Bink's scanlation will have a clearer translation, because there were parts of this chapter that were kinda confusing ^^;

Also, Allen seems to have gained a power-up of sorts...what was that "Death Ball" thing? Could he always do that?

But yeah, no new chapter for a couple months, and then DGM will be serialized regularly in Jump Square, which is a monthly mag. So DGM will now be monthly...which I won't know how I feel about until it runs for a few months. I'm anxious to see how it'll affect the pacing and such. But YAY! It will be coming back regularly, at least.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Backfired
post Aug 18 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #191

Citizen

Member No.: 70,505

I read it on Onemanga biggrin.gif it was pretty great. I agree that when the translator talked about the apostle/disciple names, it didn't make much sense to me. And I think that "Death Ball" attack is new, he probably got it recently ((offscreen) it sure is powerful 0.o) I was dissapointed that Hoshino didn't really continue the story from the recent events of the last chapter.....

--------------------
||= [Deviantart] =||
||= [tumblr] =||
I don't take any credit for the avatar.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Aug 19 2009, 05:23 AM
Post #192

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

i read the latest chapter yesterday, I was pretty dissopointed tbh, I'm still really not likeing hoshino's new style, and all the story was really hard to follow for me, (I've forgotten most of the stuff thats happened recently but still) also we STILL have no explenation about kanda and nothing much happened _ guess will have to wait till november

--------------------

+Quote Post
IttyBittyPretty
post Aug 22 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #193

Member No.: 35,364

Things look really, REALLY bad for our heroes., although it is always darkest before the dawn. Here is what I think will happen in the next chapter. Take this with an extremely large grain of salt becauase I tend to be wrong almost all of the time. The blow Allen takes knocks him out and he's helpless,so his Innocence activates the Crowned Clown armor to protect him. Simultaneously, the 14th realize no one is minding the store and he takes over Allen tempporarily. The 14th then does one of two possibilities:
1) Kills the other two Noah, but hesitates before attacking Tyki Mikk who escapes with his life.
2) Puts a severe beatdown on all three Noah, they strategically retreat.

Allen wakes up just before the 14th deadlines Madarao and regains control after a brief struggle. He helps the wounded Madarao and the dead Third (didn't catch his name) back to camp. The stage is set for more angst when Allen discovers what happpened to the other exorcists, including Kanda. Worst of all, the other Thirds no longer trust Allen to have their backs.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch (ie:the American branch) all Hades breaks loose as the Earl tries to to recover the Alma Kadema. (BTW: Nice hairstyle Lero! laugh.gif )

--------------------
IttyBittyPretty

My Ff.net author profile
my DA account!
My Flickr Photostream!

Tear off your own head, it's a doll revolution! - ELvis Costello

+Quote Post
Red Shrimp
post Sep 2 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #194

Citizen

@ IttyBittyPretty
I like your theory. It could be possible - the awakening of 14th and taking advantage of Allen's condition (who seemingly tired and out of energy, has he eaten anything? O_O)

As for the entire 187th Night, I sort of feel disappointed. It was just a hype when we all know it's coming back, but when it was laid there for us to read-- I was thinking: "Is this really DGM I'm reading?"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Sep 3 2009, 03:35 AM
Post #195

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

I have to admit when I read the latest chapter I was a little thrown. More because so much info was revealed it was like the author was trying desperately to make up for the hiatus (which wasnt really necessary) I mean after slowly introducing us to Noah individually, we're now suddenly given the whole lot (of which on Wisely interested me in the slightest) Was interesting to find out that the Earl is a Noah as well, I guess that was obvious really.

Also I don't like the Earl's human form... I prefer his usual grinning death mask of my nightmares.

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 05:19 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css