HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Arakawa's Other Works! (Juushin Enbu, Raiden-18, and more!) Arakawa has other awesome works beside FMA!, Moving some posts from this thread to relevant threads below :)
Rating 5 V
Sensenic
post May 9 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(Neo2x @ May 10 2006, 03:43 AM) [snapback]393145[/snapback]

Well, for the ones that missed it on anime-source here is a link for chapter 2:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7NXWWIRB

Thanks a lot Neo!! m(__)m

See, a-a? Now, HERE's someone worthwhile worshipping... tongue.gif

--------------------
貧乳神・・・
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shirokage
post May 10 2006, 02:25 AM
Post #47

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,451

Yay for Neo2x! I'll download them later and stick them onto the first page if I can contact Yebosh and get his/her permission. Anyone know how to contact Yebosh?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post May 10 2006, 03:44 AM
Post #48

QUOTE(Shirokage @ May 10 2006, 11:25 AM) [snapback]393253[/snapback]

Yay for Neo2x! I'll download them later and stick them onto the first page if I can contact Yebosh and get his/her permission. Anyone know how to contact Yebosh?

Through anime-source, somewhere, I guess... Sorry for not being more specific sleep.gifU

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
AA battery
post May 10 2006, 06:33 AM
Post #49

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Sensenic @ May 9 2006, 11:38 PM) [snapback]393213[/snapback]

QUOTE(Neo2x @ May 10 2006, 03:43 AM) [snapback]393145[/snapback]

Well, for the ones that missed it on anime-source here is a link for chapter 2:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7NXWWIRB

Thanks a lot Neo!! m(__)m

See, a-a? Now, HERE's someone worthwhile worshipping... tongue.gif

*stabs Sen*

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
paca
post Jun 12 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 34,936

I have the 2º and 3º chapter of " Shanghai Youma Kikai "
does anyone know where could I get the 1º??????????

pleaseeeeee unsure.gif
pleassssseeeee smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Are more than three chapters?????????? blink.gif blink.gif

Arakawa (in shangai... prologe.... said:I really don't like drawing scenes where people are in pain and cry. If they're crying out of joy it's alright, but if not it's also hard for the person who draws it.

ohmy.gif Other thing: What's "Totsugeki Tonari no Enikkusu"????? blink.gif I only found that is other work of arakawa published in 2000.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  shanghaicd_10.jpg ( 194.54K ) Number of downloads: 86
Attached File  01sm7pu.jpg ( 76.15K ) Number of downloads: 85

--------------------
......if you continue to wish with that strength, the dream will become reality.........

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jun 12 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #51

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 11,740

paca! where can WE get the THREE of them???? I want to read them!!!

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
paca
post Jun 13 2006, 03:48 AM
Post #52

22222. (some pics):
IPB Image

( i will post the rest later. I am having problems with the page. i can insert links!!!. i can't always enter the page TT__________TT)

The 3ºChapTer must be download(livejournal: bos_tarus, do you know the page???). The second can be seen on-line (i can't post the adress, can I???)
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Fullmetal_Alchemist_W036_020WXVaLSZ.jpg ( 109.66K ) Number of downloads: 48
Attached File  Fullmetal_Alchemist_W036_005OZuHuhI.jpg ( 143.22K ) Number of downloads: 53
Attached File  Fullmetal_Alchemist_W036_026BYHSYUg.jpg ( 116.85K ) Number of downloads: 58

--------------------
......if you continue to wish with that strength, the dream will become reality.........

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jun 13 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #53

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Reika @ Jun 12 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]411113[/snapback]

paca! where can WE get the THREE of them???? I want to read them!!!

... they were available on Bos_Tauras on livejournal like, 3 months ago...

just take a few minutes and make a LJ account, and all your problem will be solved. (well, at least you know where to get Arakawa's other work stuff.)

http://community.livejournal.com/bos_taurus/profile

-----------------

paca: Just wanted to double check whether or not you know that those are Chinese scans, not the raws...

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
paca
post Jun 13 2006, 05:04 PM
Post #54

@armor-alchemist: thats the page!!! but i got the chapters without loing O__o...i started linking from here to there and finally ended there @___@! *I will join!* Does it have the first chapter??????

and yeah, i know they are chinese.... (i forgot it for a moment huh.gif but i knew in the begining -jijijijijjijiiji-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- biggrin.gif

The last chapter ( i think the 3º ) has been out not too far ago that's why chapter (?) of fullmetal was soo short!!! Arakawa was working on this!!!!

-----
Arakawa speaks:
Hiromu Arakawa puts heart and soul into Fullmetal Alchemist and creates a manga that touches the world

Sum of many parts
Fullmetal Alchemist originated in a roundabout way. Before starting the series, Arakawa considered using the concept of the Philosopher's Stone in an independent manga, and the art of alchemy happened to crop up during her research. "The more I read up on alchemy, the more interesting I found it," she recalls. "I was more attracted to the philosophical aspects of it than the practical ones." When approached to create a serialized manga that would become Fullmetal Alchemist, her fascination with the mystic art led to the establishment of equivalent exchange as a theme and the genesis of the State Alchemists.
Another theme Arakawa wanted to explore was family. "The series starts off with the Elric brothers attempting to revive their dead mother, and they do that because they long for the warmth of family," she explains. Although their efforts result in tragedy, the brothers find some solace from the elderly Auto-Mail smithy Pinako Rockbell and her granddaughter Winry, who welcome the boys into their household and become their surrogate family. Arakawa notes that for growing children, domestic relationships represent a microcosm of the society they enter later on in life. "If we want a world where people will be more supportive of each other, then perhaps all we need to do is just gradually widen the scope of that mini-society. I wrote the story with that wish in mind." Indeed, Ed and Al's travel's bring them into contact with all sorts of characters with their own trials and tribulations, and support is never far away. "I think the story's eventual destination might be an understanding of family, in a larger sense of the world."
When it came to the setting, Arakawa's lingering impressions of a tour across Europe proved influential in realizing the world's architecture and culture. "I was particularly impressed by how remarkably different the thinking and customs were, even between neighboring countries." An avid antique fair-goer (one of her hobbies alongside taking long drives), Arakawa used information gleaned from storeowners to help her create the mystic symbology and various items. She credits her love of B-flicks for Fullmetal Alchemist's shenanigans and somewhat outrageous take on alchemy. Turn lead into gold? What a snore. In Arakawa's world, the ability can transmute a cane into a massive Gatling gun. Should the going get tough, a savvy alchemist can beat a hasty retreat by reconfiguring a solid wall into a door--complete with industrial-chic embellishments. "I watch all kinds of movies, not just B-flicks," she says. "I especially like the heart-pounding fun and simpleminded energy of Hong Kong and Hollywood films."

Drawing developments
While brimming with action and comedy (plus the hilarious four-panel gag manga that close each volume), Fullmetal Alchemist is notably infused with personal tragedy across virtually the entire main cast. Throw in some complex moral issues--reviving a loved one from the dead being just one of them--and you have a weighty, thoroughly engaging story.
"Most of the problems the characters face, from life-or-death decisions to painful regrets, were things that either came from my own personal experience, or everyday conversations with various people from all walks of life I've been fortunate enough to meet," Arakawa remarks. Those people include paraplegics, refugees, war veterans, former yakuza, foreigners living in Japan and many others. Although their tales have obviously been dramatized for narrative reasons, she emphasizes that "just being alive and interacting with people will bring you into contact with situations like these."
Regarding her personal experiences, a conflict between the State Alchemists and Scar (in Volume 2 of the manga) is partially drawn from Arakawa's background in Hokkaido. The aboriginal people of the region, she explains, are the Ainu. "My ancestors were farmers and homesteaders who displaced Ainu and stole their land from them. But ironically enough, some of my own relatives have Ainu blood in them. That seems complicated, but it's just an everyday fact of life to have neighbors of differing ethnicity." Scar is bent on exterminating that State Alchemists, ironically using the very skill he despises. But rather than being your typical "evil antagonist," he's a survivor of a war arising from religious differences, in which the State Alchemists decimated his bordering homeland under orders. The allegories in her work aren't just relevant to Japan. "I think the truly serious problems in this world are when people don't make any effort to learn about these everyday situations, when they turn away from them or view them from only a single perspective."
Does she identify with a particular character? "People always tell me I'm like Ed, or maybe Ed's teacher Izumi," Arakawa observes, though that's only on the surface. In terms of conveying inner psyche, she admits Alphonse is easier to portray. "I'm the fourth in a family of five kids, so I find it very easy to depict the personality of a person who's resilient enough to observe the mistakes of those who came before him and learn from them!"

From print to screen
Naturally, meetings with the anime staff were in order when Fullmetal Alchemist was slated to become a TV series. "Basically I left the adaptation completely up to them," Arakawa says. She did however request that the series have a different ending from what was planned in her work. "Manga and anime are different modes of expression, and different artists are involved. There's little point in having a cross-media story if everything is exactly the same in all versions." Her impression of the result? She found the homunculi's stories especially compelling: "As I watched the show, I found it very interesting to speculate about what kind of final showdown each of the homunculi would have with the people who spawned them."
Ending aside, Arakawa remarks that the biggest difference between the anime and manga crops up in Volume 11 of the manga--though the bombshell is too much of a spoiler to mention here. Suffice to say, the revelation "leads to a number of different views about life and death that should become something of a trial for the brothers." Although the story's denouement was set from the beginning, she remarks that developing a gripping, long-running tale is akin to the tribulations her protagonists face. "I struggle right along with them, sometimes making mistakes as I go. I can't grow as an artist by only presenting things that I already know the answers to. Even if I were to try, I think I would just come off as pompous." On the lighter side, she says that art-wise, some characters are particularly enjoyable to draw. Naturally, the Elric brothers are amongst the group. "Also, the Rockbell family, including [Winry's dog] Den, Major Armstrong and Lieutenant Hawkeye."
Considering Fullmetal Alchemist's widespread popularity the world over, correspondence from fans has been plentiful and memorable, resulting in an unexpected bit of equivalent exchange. "I've been very touched by letters from young boys and girls in the hospital, or even from adults who tell me that they felt better after reading Fullmetal Alchemist," she says. "Reading manga gave me hope as a kid, and it makes me so happy to think that now I've been able to cheer people up with my own manga! It's such an honor, it really is."

--------------------

+Quote Post
paca
post Jun 20 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #55

Oh!! the first chapter where??????

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Jun 20 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #56

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(paca @ Jun 20 2006, 02:36 PM) [snapback]414295[/snapback]

Oh!! the first chapter where??????

Check the first page. Good move to line them all up like that.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
paca
post Jun 20 2006, 03:35 PM
Post #57

Thankssssssssssssssssssssss!!!
( sorry for asking that before . I should have looked before asking-jijijiji-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shirokage
post Jun 20 2006, 04:17 PM
Post #58

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,451

The deal here is basically same as the omake thread. The goods is always linked up on the first page. I just post as a notice.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
paca
post Jun 20 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #59

jajaja. thanks!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Jun 21 2006, 12:06 AM
Post #60

@paca: Wonderful article! I remember having read some parts somewhere, but I don't remember having read the whole thing, so thanks. But... a piece of advice, it is a good habit to put the source, that is where you got that info from happy.gifU
QUOTE(Shirokage @ Jun 20 2006, 11:49 AM) [snapback]414047[/snapback]

I've finally finished the scanlation for Demons of Shanghai - Chapter One! (Although I was meant to be studying...) They're getting uploaded as I'm typing this.

Same as always: find a broken link or anything like that, give me a yell and I'll patch it up. Feel free to give any comments as well.

*adores*

I'll take it this afternoon ASAP! Thanks for the nth time!

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 10:23 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css