HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Why Did You Pick Up Manga?, what made you interested in manga??
DNA
post Sep 11 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #136

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,482

My Friend and personal bully had a HUGE!!! fetish with Inuyasha (First words when I meet him no joke: Iron rever soul stealer) and so when I decided to figure out what the hell he was collecting all these clear purple marbles for, i wacthed it and got hooked. then eventually when the anime got canceled I got into Manga wanting to see how it ended and picked up on Anime I've seen before

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Elphaba
post Sep 17 2008, 06:46 PM
Post #137

Citizen

Member No.: 53,342

Well for me, the story of how I picked up manga is the story of how I got involved in Japanese anything at all. I was out with a bunch of my friends and one of them bought Death Note #10, which had just come out. On the way home he was reading it, and I thought it looked cool and read the back. He them lent me the whole series and then took me to Anime Boston.....and the rest is history.

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Oct 14 2008, 05:33 PM
Post #138

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

Mmmmmm......It was when I got more into animes, I started looking up for new animes to watch, cause just a small amount of them were shown in the TV, so one day I just noticed that most of all animes had a thing called "manga" and being the curious girl I am, I researched and before I noticed I was alredy buying and looking for manga XDXD

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Daydreamer_Alche...
post Nov 5 2008, 12:09 PM
Post #139

Citizen

Member No.: 55,605

I got in to manga because of my friend.
I was with her at the library, she was going to borrow some manga. Then I just looked through one of them and I thought it was pretty intresting.
So it started from there XP

--------------------

Don't be afraid, stretch your arms. If you desire it the blue skies are within your reach

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Jan 1 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #140

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

I first read manga when me and my friend went to the library and she shoved a manga book into my hands. That was probably the first manga I read, and then she started lending me her InuYasha manga. I didn't really read that much manga (except for my one fma) very much until after I had gotten into anime for a while, then I started checking out manga from the library and making trips to the bookstore.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maphisto40
post Jan 1 2009, 11:35 PM
Post #141

Apprentice

Member No.: 62,650

Well, I watched Bleach up until the end of the final Ichigo vs Grimmjow fight, then all of a sudden, this weird storyline started that made no sense to the timeline. I had no clue what filler was back then. So I looked it up online, and found out that none of that happens in the manga, so I started to read it.

I absolutely fell in love with the medium, and started voraciously reading any shounen manga I could find. I have now past the 150 manga mark, since starting in June 2008. I now greatly prefer manga to anime, which surprises the hell out of me, as I've been an anime lover since 1985. huh.gif

--------------------

Hagaren manga otaku

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Mar 1 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #142

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

wow. this really brings up the questions.
my bro bought a volume of the dot hack manga and i then found stuff related to it. like hack gu and the anime and so i started picking up stuff like naruto and my bro got into bleach. so yeah

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Dickens
post Mar 3 2009, 11:24 AM
Post #143

Apprentice

Member No.: 66,806

I've been into comics for a fair few years, and was having a conversation with my boyfriend about my favourite comic- which, in case you were wondering, is Bear by Jamie Smart- and my boyfriend mentioned that he was thinking about investing in Deathnote manga because he heard it was sick. He lent them to me and I've been hooked ever since (I still love my standard comics though biggrin.gif)

x

--------------------

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Mar 3 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #144

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

well i started to watch anime (dragonball z) then after a while my mother got me a magizine that had that in it and the magizine was called shonen jump. so i went on the interent and i found out about it. that is how i got started.

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
HUGHESfangirl
post Mar 7 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #145

Citizen

Member No.: 66,927

i guess it started when i was little and grew up watching stuff like cardcaptor sakura, sailor moon, and reboot on toonami and stuff. a few years later i just started rewatching sailor moon for the heck of it and became obsessed all over again, lol. but then, what really ignited it was the day when one of my friends told me to watch this show called bleach... the day after i started that i bought like 10 manga from bleach.

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Mar 24 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #146

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

My big brother and sister got into a little show called Inuyasha. Course, I didn't know what it was about, or even how to pronounce the title at the time they got into it, but I still remember them telling me that I wasn't aloud to watch it, because it was for adults only. (Give me a break...) Anyway, the minute I became "old enough" to watch the show I watch it non-stop, because I got so obsessed with finding out what they were obsessed about. Anyway, I ended up liking the show, and then others like it. Yu yu Hakusho came out on Toonami, and then Rurouni Kenshin came out and then out came Fullmetal Alchemist on Adult Swim. Ah.... memories.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
kimonodragon88
post May 28 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #147

Citizen

Member No.: 65,767

This takes me back several years. I think at the time I was obsessed with Dragonball Z the anime and I wanted to read more about it. I was led to my first manga volume and was very confused! I read it backwards and the wrong pictures on the page. I kept wondering why the characters talked about things that already happened. Then I figured out how to read them. So, DBZ was my first manga because I was obsessed with it and wanted to read about the original story. The manga always comes first therefore it's more original than the anime. Even though anime is what I get first hands on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
luluseason
post May 29 2009, 12:04 PM
Post #148

Citizen

Member No.: 69,073

I found one of them how to draw manga books, and i just wanted to draw like that
then i found out more animes and mangas online etc.
biggrin.gif that was about 5 years ago i think

--------------------

+Quote Post
Backfired
post Aug 18 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #149

Citizen

Member No.: 70,505

Actually, I only got really interested in manga recently (like beginning of school September 2008?) because before that I had already really liked the drawing style, and my friends were obsessed with it, too. FMA also got me liking it, it was the first manga I read.

--------------------
||= [Deviantart] =||
||= [tumblr] =||
I don't take any credit for the avatar.

+Quote Post
Thalogens
post Aug 31 2009, 07:55 AM
Post #150

Alchemists

Member No.: 70,644

I've been watching anime without realising it was anime for a long, long time. Last november my brother-in-law let my sister borrow some anime CDs which I watched (Fullmetal Alchemist being one of them), I was hooked. My school library had a bunch of mangas but they were all extremely girly things that revolted me (I go to a girl's school). Apalled, I made the librarian order some other manga but didn't really read them. Then I stumbled upon the FMA manga online and that was really the first manga I've ever read, seeing as I stuck with it and read it religiously :3
I've tried getting my friends into anime/manga, but... D':

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 05:33 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css