Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fullmetal Crybaby! Thread For Anti-Ed FMA Fans
Elderberry
post Jul 15 2005, 12:10 PM
Post #76

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 726

Save these sorts of things for the Character Discussion. Seeing as how corrupted that section has become, I wouldn't be surprised if you could find such a thread already existing there. That aside, please justify your reasons more thoroughly with supporting details from specific events, etc. ohmy.gif

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -
Currently designated as Marvelous Mechanic of the P!MP Mobile for the GP.
I've taken Foolmetal-kun under my wing as my GP Deshi-in training.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Jul 15 2005, 12:29 PM
Post #77

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 330

Merged topics.

Please, people, use the SEARCH ENGINE and make sure you are in the RIGHT SECTION OF THE FORUM before creating a thread! Read my SIGNATURE!

Thank you. biggrin.gif

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Guest_GS4Life_*
post Jul 23 2005, 01:18 PM
Post #78

Guests

Hate............Ed...................Can I have what your smokin if you hate the Fullmetal Alchemist, yet your on a Fullmetal Alchemist website. Not having Ed as your favorite is one thing, but.........

+Quote Post
andres higuera
post Jul 23 2005, 04:18 PM
Post #79

Apprentice

Member No.: 14,834

This is the wrong place to be saying this,but how tall is Ed?

--------------------
Humankind cannot gain anything without
first giving something in return.To obtain,
something of equal value must be lost,that
is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.

+Quote Post
Automne
post Jul 24 2005, 06:40 AM
Post #80

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 13,171

He is 165 cm witht the shoes and the antenna (sp?) without all this, he is 150 cm.
Go here!

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Electrastar
post Jul 24 2005, 07:04 AM
Post #81

Alchemists

Member No.: 9,372

Edward does get on my nerves sometimes as well, but I don't hate the character. See, he's just a child, he wanted to grow up way too fast, and he sometimes forgets that they are other people around him willing to help him in his quest. See, my favorite character is Roy Mustang and I just hate the fact that Edward never showed any gratitude to him. He's the one that gave him his title shot of State Alchemist, he's the one that in a way, motivated Ed into stopping his sulking and getting automail limbs to continue on living. He's helped him in many ways than one and I'm just angry at Edward for not realizing that or the fact that he hates (well Hate might be a strong word) Roy for being exactly like him in many ways.....

That's the main reason I dislike Edward. I do like his determination and his drive to acheive his goals and his overall knowledge. But still, my fav is Roy Mustang alllll the way.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
LoMXD
post Jul 24 2005, 08:35 AM
Post #82

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 5,413

he can sometimes let his temper get the worst of him

--------------------

+Quote Post
Satsuka
post Jul 25 2005, 10:02 PM
Post #83

Alchemists

Member No.: 16,427

QUOTE(Electrastar @ Jul 24 2005, 07:04 AM)
Edward does get on my nerves sometimes as well, but I don't hate the character. See, he's just a child, he wanted to grow up way too fast, and he sometimes forgets that they are other people around him willing to help him in his quest. See, my favorite character is Roy Mustang and I just hate the fact that Edward never showed any gratitude to him. He's the one that gave him his title shot of State Alchemist, he's the one that in a way, motivated Ed into stopping his sulking and getting automail limbs to continue on living. He's helped him in many ways than one and I'm just angry at Edward for not realizing that or the fact that he hates (well Hate might be a strong word) Roy for being exactly like him in many ways.....

That's the main reason I dislike Edward. I do like his determination and his drive to acheive his goals and his overall knowledge. But still, my fav is Roy Mustang alllll the way.
[snapback]225181[/snapback]

Well,since I'm a HUGE Royai fan,I do like Roy,but it's just that I like Edward more because I feel very sorry for him and Alphonse.

+Quote Post
Colette
post Dec 18 2005, 09:20 AM
Post #84

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

Personally, I do not like Edward Elric. He likes to think he knows everything, when in reality he has lots to learn. He doesn't listen to sense a vast majority of the time, and he overshadows much more interesting characters. (Al, Greed, Scar..). He doesn't think before he fights half the time. (Fullmetal versus Flame, anyone?) and as a result he confuses friend with foe. And again, he hardly ever acknowledges the fact that Al's the one who's suffering, and doesn't bother to listen to his opinion. Just because he's older doesn't mean Al isn't as smart as him.

But....that's just my opinion mixed with facts. What do you think of Ed?

--------------------

+Quote Post
vfdj42
post Dec 18 2005, 10:09 AM
Post #85

Apprentice

Group: Validating
Member No.: 25,992

yay, I wanted to make a thread like this. I'm not obsessed with Ed and his amount of fangirls annoy me. I don't see what's so great about him.

+Quote Post
bLurberry`
post Dec 18 2005, 10:10 AM
Post #86

Citizen

Member No.: 26,968

no offence,im not an Ed hater,basically,im his fangirl smile.gif

but too,ive to agree some point you've mention.
yea majority of the time he didnt heed advices and hardly listened to anybody but from my point of view he was so just because he's straight foward and also he didnt like to pull others that are not involved into the matter.
but i strongly disagree with that point you've mentioned that he refuse to acknowledge that Al was the one suffering.
I bet he didnt know whats the feel of it but i guess he knows that he's suffering.He might be stubborn at times,refuse to heed advices or listen to his brother but I'm sure he does knew that Al had been suffering all the time,not being able to consume any food,not being able to feel anything and alot more.Al,in the graphic novel did admit that he will cry to make himself better if he could.I bet Ed might felt the same way too,but as an older brother,and also,Al ended up in this state and had to rely on him too.So I guess he act this way,as he cant show his tears that easily like a normal kid would do.He even felt guilty that Al became this was all his fault and from one of those novels ive read.Ed and Al traveled to inspect an area,but becasue they had been walking for days,Ed's leg had some blister on it.Thou he felt pain but he beared with it and kept quiet as he knew that if he told Al,it would made him in an akward state as Al couldnt feel pain at all as his soul was attached to his armor and took care of it when Al isnt around and from the same novel,he knew that Al likes that place and he found out something,which was the bad side of the place,he even considered what Al would feel if he found out the place he likes actually was so worst,and decided to keep it to himself instead of dissapointing him.

So I strongly disagree that he didnt know that Al was suffering at time,indeed I've to agree he was really too straight foward and hot head at times but I really felt that he's the most caring brother I've seen in stories so far and thats the reason I like Ed most in this series.

Just a piece of what I thought,no offence

+Quote Post
Elderberry
post Dec 18 2005, 11:27 AM
Post #87

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 726

Thread-ishys merged. tongue.gif (Again, eh?)

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -
Currently designated as Marvelous Mechanic of the P!MP Mobile for the GP.
I've taken Foolmetal-kun under my wing as my GP Deshi-in training.

+Quote Post
nakagos bunny
post Dec 18 2005, 01:54 PM
Post #88

Apprentice

Member No.: 21,941

I like Ed, but I have a couple friends who don't. They say he's too preachy, and that he annoys them with his remarks about being a "dog of the military". They think he's too angsty too. And that the "shortness" jokes are done too many times.

+Quote Post
The Great Aspara...
post Dec 18 2005, 08:47 PM
Post #89

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,454

awwww, people hate our dear beloved edo? ;_; but towards the end of the anime he's quite mature. but i personally find it adorable when he starts getting all fumey cuz he got called short. and he can't be all the perfectly perfect, he's just an awesome anime guy.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Katrina Forest
post Dec 21 2005, 08:21 PM
Post #90

Citizen

Member No.: 26,694

Okay, slight spoilers for people who are behind and haven't seen what I believe is around episode 35 or so...

There was really only one time that Ed irritated me and that was when he accused Greed of killing Dante. He was so sure he knew everything that was going on, and yet he was totally ignorant. As Marta said, perhaps Greed didn't defend himself because a) he didn't care and B) he wanted Ed to kill him so he couldn't get sealed. But even so, killing someone because you *think* they murdered an old woman - not smart. (Less smart is telling the person who's giving you a ride that you don't regret killing said someone, who also happened to be her rescuer. I have to admit she has amazing patience with him - if someone sat there and called me a criminal after going through what she did at the hands of the government, that little knife might just accidently slip out of my hand... ^_^)

Do I think it makes Ed a terrible person? No. I still love the guy, he's definatly my third or fourth favorite character. I just wish he wouldn't act so rash sometimes. (Then again, if he wasn't rash, would he still be Ed?)

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 04:05 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css