HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 62: A Fierce Counterattack - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, possible spoilers for the first 62 episodes
Elle-chan
post Jun 20 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,685

I was crying. OMG IT WAS AWESOME!! mellow.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
heartwing713
post Jun 20 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 71,431

Okay...that wasn't as epic as I expected.

#1: WHERE'S MAH ROYAI? And they cut out the bit at the beginning of the manga chapter where Riza is thinking to herself. I liked that part. Without it, we don't see that she's still injured seriously, and it makes it look like she's just like "yay, all better, kthnxbai mei, imma fight nao"

#2: No Ed arm materializing.

#3: distorted father face made me lol. at an inappropriate time.

But on the bright side: The bit with Olivier was awesome, and so was Al getting Ed's arm back.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jun 21 2010, 12:43 AM
Post #33

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

Oh yeah, this episode completely butchered the scene with Roy and Riza.

And I really hate how the music was used throughout the whole thing.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
Royai plz :3
post Jun 21 2010, 05:09 AM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 74,500

This episode was so epic O__O But not as epic a I expected.... ah well, I h ave high expectations. tongue.gif

I liked how the main theme was used too, but I think a sadder theme could work as well, seein ghow it's supposed to be a sadsadsad scene.

Also WHERE DID THE ROYAI GOOOOO. ;;_;; Still, the epic fight scenes made up for it a little. ^^ Fire dragon ftw!! XD

I don't get how Father's eyecatch thing says "Our Father"... It sounds weird lol. But ROYAI EYECATCH YAYZ. 8D

Seems that not even FMA can escape the clutches of the cliche "Let's yell out the main character's name in a very important battle" moment... Roy's yell was the best because he opened his eyes.... yeah I know I'm weird. XDD

--------------------

+Quote Post
cherry-chan. :D
post Jun 21 2010, 06:40 AM
Post #35

Citizen

From: a relatively small country at the South East of Xing. 8D
Member No.: 69,870

I dunno... maybe it's just because the version I watched had quite some sucky subs, but I didn't find this episode as epic as I thought it would be. Oh, but yeah, it was epic and great and all, just that... I expected a bit more than that. XD

Being the Royai shipper that I am, WHERE'D THE ROYAI GO?! Haha. I agree with heartwing713 about the beginning of the manga chapter where Riza's thinking, etc. I liked that part too.
The fight scenes were pretty good. I liked the Olivier bit too. I generally liked the whole ep, except for its lack of Royai... but the eyecatch sort of... compensates. A little. (But compared to what we had in the manga! XD;;) Speaking of eyecatches, that "Our Father" thing just freaks me out. Really. (But I think that's because I'm Catholic. XD)

Al. ;_____; Maaan, this is why I love Al so much. XD <3 And Hoho too.

Aaaaand. Oh, the last part, when everyone's like, "Ed! Edward!" IDK. I liked it in the manga. It just lacked a little bit of emotion? For me? I dunno really. It might just be me again, but it felt more intense (or sth, for lack of a better word) when I was reading it. XD Must be me. Haha.

It was good. Great, maybe. (Okay, I'm trying to convince myself, because I know there were some parts where I was grinning from ear to ear because I thought scene so and so was awesome) Anyway, I'll probably think differently after watching it again tomorrow... but these are my initial thoughts. XD

Last two episodes. Please. I hope they meetexceed our expectations. 8D

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jun 21 2010, 08:00 AM
Post #36

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

^ BONES realized everyone was expecting more RoyAi in the end, and knowing they werent' including it, decided to let us down easy by cutting out RoyAi ahead of time. It's kind of painful, considering these were the last scenes we fans lived off of, but whatever, the eyecatch is my current background.

Anyhow, the episode was awesome. I love, love, love the scene where Al sacrifices his soul for Ed's arm. And when everyone kicks Father's @ss because, well, they're all so epic when they're fighting together.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Jun 21 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #37

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

THIS EPISODE WAS EEEEEPPPPPIIIIICCCCCC. PERIOD.

Did you see ED GO BALLISTIC??? WOW! It was WAY better then the manga in this sense, (since its actually moving anime action!). It was like *POW* *BAM* *ME WEEPING* *KABOOM*!!!

LOVED IT, and have I ever mentioned that i love Greed/Ling???

EDIT: What do you mean where did the Royai go?? They had an eyecatch!!!

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Jun 21 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #38

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

Poor direction for the BIG moment. Just lacked the 'oomph' it needed - to be specific.

Still don't know how they're going to stretch the final chapter into two episodes.

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Jun 21 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

63 episodes: People complaining about the need of cutting, rushing and changing scenes. 64 episodes: Now complaining about how they are going to stretch the events to fit...

Ontopic: I prefered (mostly) how the scenes were drawn in manga than in anime, but I like how they portrayed emotions, especially Ed's which were rather bland in comic panels.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Jun 21 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #40

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jun 21 2010, 06:38 PM) *
63 episodes: People complaining about the need of cutting, rushing and changing scenes. 64 episodes: Now complaining about how they are going to stretch the events to fit...

Ontopic: I prefered (mostly) how the scenes were drawn in manga than in anime, but I like how they portrayed emotions, especially Ed's which were rather bland in comic panels.

Yes I agree! Ed's wrath at the end was SPECTACULARLY well done in the animation! I almost wanted stood up and started applauding at my computer monitor! biggrin.gif

There was just one thing that bugged me in the WHOLE EPISODE!
and it was this shot:

I loved the pose and slow motion of it, but I felt like it is lacking some serious shading (perhaps atmosphere? The sky is too bright?) and just a little more artistic detail to make it even more EPIC. That's all. Eh, maybe I'll play around with it in Photoshop. lol

btw, I am super happy that we are getting 64 eps instead of 63! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jun 21 2010, 10:22 PM
Post #41

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I think this episode has the most screaming in Fullmetal history.
I love seeing Father getting what was coming to him.
I loved the Royai eyecatch and the "Our Father" eyecatch made me laugh. Since when did they start worshipping Father?
I am not too disappointed that the Royai scenes were cut out, this epsiode was just so amazing.
I am disappointed that the scene of Riza close to passing out and deciding not to give up at the beginning of 107 was cut. I thought it added a sense of realism. Because if I had lost that amount of blood I wouldn't be standing. But then again this is an anime.
Finally Al is reunited with his body!

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Jun 22 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #42

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

Okay, have just seen the episode in HD with subs and take back 95% of what I said about not caring for the animation! XD There were still a few shots that were a little wonky-looking to me (a couple of distorted angry faces here and there), but most of the episode was animated beautifully. Looks like it was mostly the stream after all. smile.gif

Also thought the slo-mo Father vs. Ed lunge was very "Matrix" looking. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jun 22 2010, 02:03 AM
Post #43

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

@zonkie

i cant see the shot...((((

and this is easily one of the best animated episodes out there...

either way , I think the OUR FATHER thing was done to confirm the guy's GOD STATUS..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Jun 22 2010, 02:11 AM
Post #44

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

Okay, I was going to say that there aren't many distorted faces in this one, but I was wrong. I've taken some shots. But even so, they don't disturb me much, unlike the ones in that episode with Fuhrer candidates.

In this case, they are adding dynamic to the scene.

But anyway, for a good laugh:

http://pl.tinypic.com/a/24lcn/2

Had some Ed shots as well, but compared to Father's, they were rather normal...

*gigglesnort*

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jun 22 2010, 08:02 AM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I could have sworn that bloated Father was in FMA manga chapter 107. But it is not in 107. And I have no idea why I want to see bloated Father but I do.
Reason for edit: Avoiding spoiler for those who have not seen/read that part of the story yet

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 07:52 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css