HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Turdaewen
post Sep 24 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #17941

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,395

I think it's from Brotherhood alright... This picture doesn't look old and, in the list of scans of FMA, it's on the first page up with the most recently submitted ones. So, I'm pretty sure (even though its not like 100% sure) that it's from FMA:B.

The japanese magazines have been releasing arts (not original, mostly) regarding future event of FMA:B and, since the Ishval flashback is coming up, it makes total sense...

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Equivalent Excha...
post Sep 24 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #17942

Citizen

Member No.: 71,216

Major Royai fan here~ So hi everyone~!

Hm. About that picture everyone's mentioning, I agree with Turdaewen on this one; but why it looks like the first anime's style, I wanna know. O_o;

--------------------
Humankind cannot gain anything,
without first giving something in return;
to obtain,
something of equal value must be lost...

That is alchemy's first law; of
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Sep 24 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #17943

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Sep 24 2009, 07:48 AM) *
Yeah that's from the first anime...and I actually have a pencil board of that exact piece of artwork, strangely enough.

Has anyone read what Kale said here with respect to that picture? O_O Apart from the fact that Maes and Roy are in the old first anime style to me.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Sep 24 2009, 10:29 PM
Post #17944

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

Why hello, what do we have here?

Front:

Back:

And...what's this? Note the date:

...so can we please put the theories to rest that this piece of art is from the Brotherhood when it's clearly from the first series? Not trying to be mean or a jerk, but I don't exactly want to spread any misinformation.

+Quote Post
Kaori Ayanami
post Sep 25 2009, 04:11 AM
Post #17945

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,575

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Sep 25 2009, 07:29 AM) *
...so can we please put the theories to rest that this piece of art is from the Brotherhood when it's clearly from the first series?

I read the part with the date, and there were the names of Bones and Aniplex.

Now this is strange. Maybe they wanted to animate the Ishval scenes in a way closer to the manga at first, but then changed their opinion.

EDIT: It also says Square Enix, Dentsu and Movic.

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Sep 25 2009, 06:18 AM
Post #17946

State Alchemist (Major)

Kyle, I haven't seen your post, so sorry I said something stupid, you don't need to be aggressive ¬¬'

Yeah... this is weird... Especially since the first anime didn't even mentioned Ishval all that much and, if I recall correctly, they not only said that Hughes wasn't there, Riza wasn't either. O.o So it makes no sense for them to do something like this since it's kinda contraditory with the story of FMA 1.

So maybe it's like an art made for the manga, instead of the anime? But then, why would they put up Bones and Aniplex instead of Shounen Gangan or Square Enix? Just weird...

About what Kaori said, I don't think so since, when FMA 1 was being animated, the Ishval Flashback hadn't come up in the manga. That part was only released in Shounen Gangan in 2006. It would only be possible through Arakawa's mentioning to Bones about the 'future of FMA', but, if that was so, how could they know exactly how the clothes, appearances and all would be like?

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Sep 25 2009, 08:04 AM
Post #17947

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Just to be clear before I state what's on my mind about that poster: I am now aware that it is pre-Brotherhood, not to mention that flashback in the manga.

My thought: That looks like the cover of vol. 15 just a little bit. Roy's almost the same, but everyone's sitting on the cover, and Maes's face can't be seen. Coincidence, or precursor to the cover?

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Sep 25 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #17948

Major General

Like I said above, I wasn't trying to be mean when I posted the pencil board pics, I just don't want people claiming that the art is from Brotherhood when it isn't.

As for the art itself, though the uniforms aren't exactly as they were depicted in the manga (where the uniform coat is more in line with their dress uniform) it's pretty close overall to Ishval. Perhaps when they were asked to draw the piece, maybe it was suggested to draw them in desert combat clothes? Who knows, but the only thing I know for sure is that this piece was drawn before Brotherhood.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Sep 25 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #17949

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

And it should have been even more obvious that it's not from Brotherhood, because if you notice their feet, the shoes/boots are not covered in that beige/cream cover up which in the Ishval flashback are depicted perfectly as in the manga.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Sep 25 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #17950

State Alchemist (Major)

You know, I've noticed that in some rather respectable places they state Roy's Bday in on Sept 25th... (even more so, some people even put he was born in 1886, when, in fact, he was born in 1885 O.o)

Where have those people took that one from?? O.o

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Sep 25 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #17951

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

I haven't noticed their shoe color at all, being it manga or Brotherhood smile.gif Is there a possibility Arakawa-sensei made a drawing for them in the first phase of thinking up anime1? Maybe they first played with the idea but after that they became sure they don't have time to do Ishabal-related stuff properly so they just put Ishbal flashback once and then pulled back.

---

Edit: no idea, Turdaewen. Maybe new character guide? From an omake (he sits with The Cow in a bar) we know Roy has birthday earlier than Ed but other than that...

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Sep 25 2009, 01:08 PM
Post #17952

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (SneakyRuler @ Sep 25 2009, 04:29 PM) *
I haven't noticed their shoe color at all, being it manga or Brotherhood smile.gif Is there a possibility Arakawa-sensei made a drawing for them in the first phase of thinking up anime1? Maybe they first played with the idea but after that they became sure they don't have time to do Ishabal-related stuff properly so they just put Ishbal flashback once and then pulled back.

---

Edit: no idea, Turdaewen. Maybe new character guide? From an omake (he sits with The Cow in a bar) we know Roy has birthday earlier than Ed but other than that...

No... that's not an original drawing by Arakawa... that's for sure.

No... The characters' guide doesn't say anything of that sort. Nor about Roy, nor about any other character.
And Arakawa already said in a omake that many people send letters to her asking about bdays, blood types and etc and that she never really thought about that of her characters, since it's not really related in any way to the story. She said the only thing she can tell is that Ed's bday is in the winter, but since we can't exactly pinpoint when Roy turned 30 (only that it was before Ed's bday), his bday can be in the spring, or summer, or fall... there's no way of telling.

Roy's profile page at Wiki FMA states it as if it was something confirmed, not only vaguely, but the EXACT date: here
Not mentioning they also contradict the Perfect Guidebook 2, stating he was born in 1886, when, in fact, both him and Hughes were born in 1885.

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 25 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #17953

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Sep 25 2009, 04:08 PM) *
...Roy's profile page at Wiki FMA states it as if it was something confirmed, not only vaguely, but the EXACT date: here
Not mentioning they also contradict the Perfect Guidebook 2, stating he was born in 1886, when, in fact, both him and Hughes were born in 1885.

Yeah, I had others complained about that particular entry, and I also think that one is incorrect. ... IMO that one is another good example of why we should NOT automatically trust what we read on "anyone-can-submit-any-info, false or otherwise, -Wiki" regardless of how "officially" looking/sounding the article is. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Sep 25 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #17954

Major General

The Wiki only goes so far as the correct information that's being entered, but the fact that anyone can enter has always made me wary to trust it.

I wonder though, are there any sites that explicitly state all the know facts from the guide books, interviews, and articles from Arakawa herself regarding the FMA universe? It'd be nice to have one singular site that has all the information as well as proper citations.

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Sep 25 2009, 02:02 PM
Post #17955

State Alchemist (Major)

I wish that was a site like that in English myself... There might be in Japanese, though... ^^

The funny thing about all that is they immediately changed back when I put up that Madame Christmas was actually Roy's biological aunt (which is ok, since we only discovered it not even a month back), but at the same time they leave something like that up in the page for YEARS. O.o

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 09:55 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css