HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 108, The Final Chapter "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), WARNING Major spoilers beyond page 1!!
_Jelly
post Jun 7 2010, 06:34 AM
Post #106

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,991

Ouch. Personal opinions, guys. They're allowed.

@Qashqai
I dont think what Arakawa has done with the pairings (or right now pairing, since EdWin is the only one that's looking official at the moment...) wasnt uncalled for or for fanservice or anything. It's canon and it has been for ages, and I'm sure even you could have seen that coming. But of course people who like the pairing are going to like the ending, and those who dont like the pairing, wont. I do agree that romance was the weakest part of the manga but that doesnt mean that none of the characters can have any elements of romance in their life because of that... Just because it's a shounen action manga doesnt mean everyone's going to end up alone. tongue.gif Anyway, we've only gotten like 2 pages of prologue.

(Does this count as spam? I'm not sure... eh, going to bed. Hopefully there's new stuff tomorrow.)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jun 7 2010, 06:48 AM
Post #107

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Well, you can't never please all people. XD

I liked it. ^^ A LOT.

And I agree that the parings were not fanservice at all. They have always been important in FMA and it would be senseless to just 'woosh' them off!

And I really do think it's silly to not to liket the ending "only because its happy". I mean, do people expect them to just suffer and be miserable? I get the whole "I don't like clichés" thing and I agree, because I don't like it either, but happy is not ALWAYS cliché. Nowdays, having weird endings in anime is even more cliché than happy ones... lol

So, for me, it sorta depends on how the story is build... and Arawaka seems to have it pretty figured out in a very logic, interesting way, so I'm content.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Qashqai
post Jun 7 2010, 06:49 AM
Post #108

Citizen

Member No.: 72,134

QUOTE (_Jelly @ Jun 7 2010, 03:34 PM) *
I dont think what Arakawa has done with the pairings (or right now pairing, since EdWin is the only one that's looking official at the moment...) wasnt uncalled for or for fanservice or anything. It's canon and it has been for ages, and I'm sure even you could have seen that coming. But of course people who like the pairing are going to like the ending, and those who dont like the pairing, wont. I do agree that romance was the weakest part of the manga but that doesnt mean that none of the characters can have any elements of romance in their life because of that... Just because it's a shounen action manga doesnt mean everyone's going to end up alone. tongue.gif Anyway, we've only gotten like 2 pages of prologue.

(Does this count as spam? I'm not sure... eh, going to bed. Hopefully there's new stuff tomorrow.)

Yes, I could see that coming and I am allright with that, because - like I said - I don't care for pairings (I ship lolcracks which I wouldn't ever want to see in the end because that'd be too much of an absurd '|D). I just think that romance wasn't played off well. It could be played off way better, but it's not what makes me not like the ending, okay? ;_; as someone implied this, I couldn't resist to write something (and I was misunderstood a little, it seems :<)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 7 2010, 06:58 AM
Post #109

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Reminder>

@_Jelly, and others who have been making off-topic comments on this thread - Of course all your guys' comments and personal opinions are valued, but if everyone start making off topic postings and/or keep making off-topic comments with their personal opinions on the posts, and then others replying to it and so on, that would make this thread very un-focused, and we'd like to keep this thread about "chapter 108 related discussions" so that when readers/posters come to this thread they don't have to wade through off-topic comments & personal opinions to read REAL chapter 108 content discussions. Therefore, could you guys please kindly curve postings of your off-topic comments and personal opinions on non-chapter 108 related content matters on this thread, and use other appropriate means to express those, such as posting those elsewhere on appropriate threads/forums, or using PM, etc.? Thank you. smile.gif

And about "pairing" and "ending" discussions.... do you guys already know the whole chapter? unsure.gif If so please post the info on the "Chapter 108 info" thread, please.. I'm still going through that thread (and the other duplicate "chapter 108 preview pages" thread that's currently Mod-review only) and gathering all the info to be organized and reposted on the first post of that thread. ^^
...anyway, in case you guys somehow read the whole chapter and know how the series ends, I'm going to open the "ending discussion" thread now, so that you can post and discuss about the series ending there.
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
B.K.
post Jun 7 2010, 07:02 AM
Post #110

Citizen

Member No.: 72,777

I wonder how many pages the chapter is going to end up being.

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 7 2010, 07:34 AM
Post #111

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Since I haven't seen anything else (is there anything else?), I can react only to the two spoiler pages I saw last night.

I am incredibly satisfied with this ending. The characters worked hard to make it to where they were. To me, there would be no point in not rewarding them.

That rational bit said...

Ed and Winry? Al and Mei? BABIES? wub.gif

Riza, did you seriously have to cut your hair? I mean, I guess it was all matted with blood and stuff after the battle, but it didn't need to be THAT short! *cries* (Though I am glad to see that she isn't separated from Roy. Even though I totally ship Royai, it's enough for me if they're just standing by each other in the end)

Havoc walking makes me a happy girl. Go, Havoc, go!

Hoho and Trisha, together at last. As it should be.

Lin for Emperor! Yay!

Okay, seeing Scar in the military is a bit of a WTH moment. Part of me was hoping he'd die for a cause, but I guess it's okay if he lives for one, too.

Since that's really all I can remember, that's where I'll leave it. I'm sure I'll have plenty more to react to in a bit.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 7 2010, 07:39 AM
Post #112

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

^THANK YOU!

I'm sorry for commenting again, but that made happy tears come to my eyes...that was so sweet! She literally floored them!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Qashqai
post Jun 7 2010, 07:45 AM
Post #113

Citizen

Nah, Tombow, I saw only about 60 pages for now. So I hope the things I'm most dissapointed at will be explained well. ;f
Btw, the next person misunderstood me again - well, the happy ending seems cliche for me, but what annoys me is that some characters ended up "happy" even though I expected them to suffer a bit for their mistakes, bad decisions they made, uh-duh. It just doesn't feel right. Maybe it'll be explained decently in the chapter. The more pages I see, the more content I am (seems like the case with Scar was decently explained, and this was troubling me the most... since he was suppossed to be punished for his murders after the promised day). Anyway, you know, I was all for happy end for brothers, even though I pretty much hate Ed and kinda wish he'd die, but that just wouldn't be right : P both brothers deserved a happy end and I like how they ended up pretty much (only that Al/Mei thing in the very end still seems absurdic to me, but since it's not certain anyway, meh). Though I still hope that it'll be said somewhere that Ed will suffer somehow for using his life energy before.

Nevermind. About the chapter directly...
Hohopapa's death was done awesomely ;A; though I wonder how did he get to Resembool in this state :'D
And Mrs. Bradley is awesome.
And that scene was just great. We've been waiting for that for years, huh? Group hug of the golden trio :3 btw, Winry's knockers... o.O they're big.
YAY FOR SCENES OF ED AND AL LIVING IN RESEMBOOL. Poor Ed, can't use alchemy. Use only your own hands now, good luck, haha.
Btw. This page... Al and Gracia... Can I ship them? XDDD
Also, I'm sad about Greed (why was he chosen to make this end a bit less happy ; o). :<

--------------------

+Quote Post
he03
post Jun 7 2010, 07:52 AM
Post #114

Citizen

Member No.: 72,598

I do hope we get a full explanation of Pride's fate as well as Mrs. Bradley's. Even if it does look dire. TT_TT

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 7 2010, 08:20 AM
Post #115

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

Is it just me or does Grumman look like he's fuhrer? o.o

And I'm so happy that human Al gets a chance to appear in the manga. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the pics!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Jun 7 2010, 08:24 AM
Post #116

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

My thoughts so far

- Ed/Win and Al/Mei fans rejoice I see.

- Al getting his body back looks like a great moment

- Looks like... Ed destroyed his and Al's gates in order to get Al's body back... and it seems Ed can no longer use Alchemy like he used to. That actually makes ALOT of sense. They traded in their knowledge in order to get back what they lost.

- Okay so looks like Marcoh is involved in Mustang's future some how

- Olivier's smirk tells me that she has something to do with why Scar isn't being arrested. My guess is she's gonna blackmail him somehow or something.

- Hoho's death looks like a great moment.

- Greed looks like he's playing an integral part in Father's downfall.

Well I'm glad to see that we're not getting a bittersweet ending. Why? Because I did not invest god knows how many years for them to pull a 'screw you' ending to the audience. I know some people LIKE endings like that, but I personally, really don't. It's not good writing in my opinion, unless it's well done and to be honest, here it would'n't have been. Also on top of that, if you want a bittersweet ending, anime1 still exists.

Sorry off topic, I think.

I think alot of my proper reaction will be informed when we get translations, but I'm so far slightly dissapointed that we're getting so few scans of the actual battle in this chapter. I wanna see how they take that sonovabitch down!

Also... does Winry in that photo have Trisha's hair cut? Or one very similar? ...hello Oedipus complex!

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jun 7 2010, 08:28 AM
Post #117

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

pride looks like an angel...ahahahha...and he's got some symbol on his forehead too...so its safe to conclude now the only homunculus that survived was pride.... guess im startin to like the conclusion a lot more..thanks to a few users here who made me open my eyes...)))))

--------------------

+Quote Post
Qashqai
post Jun 7 2010, 08:39 AM
Post #118

Citizen

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Jun 7 2010, 05:20 PM) *
Is it just me or does Grumman look like he's fuhrer? o.o

And I'm so happy that human Al gets a chance to appear in the manga. biggrin.gif

I wonder about that, too. I can't see how much stars does he have ;f
And I'm happy about that, too ;_;

OK. I made a mistake, judging the end by the very last pages and a dozen pages from the middle. Whole chapter looks better than that "happily ever after" (next-to) last pages.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tigerchic121
post Jun 7 2010, 09:07 AM
Post #119

Citizen

Member No.: 60,229

Although I want to reserve final judgment until the final chapter is all out and scanlated and such, so far I LOVE the ending. It seems to be a happy ending, which I'm really grateful for. I mean, I think its a final "equivalent exchange" that Awakawa gave to us. Then again since I haven't seen or read the whole chapter who knows exactly what happened. I have faith that she did a good job though.

And now pardon me for my moment of fangirling. EDWINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!! Yes my OTP is for realllll. Babies! Also emperor!Ling! Gaaaaah.

I'm actually not upset that I spoiled myself because now I'm just sooo excited fro this chapter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AzzieMusical
post Jun 7 2010, 09:18 AM
Post #120

Citizen

Member No.: 52,675

Wow.. I liked the chapter great until those photos at the end. Ahh well... guess she had to please the pairings fans somehow tongue.gif

Meh I don't care about the pairings so much, so I'm not bothered by the end picture. I'd laugh if it turned out they were Al and Winry's kids, just because of the sheer wank it would cause.

Nah, kidding. I'm just glad the pairings weren't shoved in our faces. I actually like the subtle way in which it was done, an after touch if you will.

A question though, aren't some of you EdWin fans annoyed they didn't even show them hooking up?

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 11:40 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css