HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 72 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Animeoldtimer
post Jun 11 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,503

First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 72 here. smile.gif

For info on the "Reading Reference", go to page 8.

=====================

~ Chapter 72 Raw! ~

I'll leave the creative introduction to the chapter to the usual wonderful people!! biggrin.gif I just wanted to post a link to the new Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 72:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/44vpsf
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R9ONKFO8

All I can say is ooooh, there will be MUCH talk! Wow!

<Last edited by Michiyo- on Oct. 16, 2011>

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 11 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #2

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@Animeoldtimer - Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! biggrin.gif
*goes to DL*

~ Chapter 72 Spoiler Party! With "page by page" summary/translation!! ~

I'll go ahead and open the Spoiler Party thread. Feel free to go ahead with the discussions!! biggrin.gif
(Where is Nepharski this month?? unsure.gif )

The page by page summary for Chapater 72!!

Chapter 72: "Vicious Circle, and the One Stone (that Might Brake the Chain of Hate.")

(Please read the page summaries below for pages 34, 35, 38, & 39 to understand this chapter's title. smile.gif )

Page 1: The chapter starts with Hawkeye walking back to her apartment.

Page 2: As she enters her dark apartment, she was startled by two beast-like eyes in the dark, only to learn a moment later that they belong to Black Hayate. Pride's words echoe in her head: "I will be watching you from the shadow, always."

Page 3: Still being shaken, Riza sits on the floor and repeats to herself: "It will be be fine. It will be fine." The phone rings, startling her with the sound of bell. Riza answers the phone: "Hello."

Page 4: Voice on the phone: "Thank you for your repeated patronage! This is your favorite flower shop!!" Riza: "I don't have any favorite flower shop!!" Roy: "Yeah sorry, I got drunk and bought some large quantity of flowers. I thought maybe you could help me distpense some away." Recognizing Roy's voice, Riza let out a small sigh of relief. Roy catches it and asks: "What's wrong?"

Page 5: Roy: "Anything happened?" Riza: "No, nothing." Roy: "I see. Are you sure?" Riza: "Yes. Nothing. Thank you, but I do not have a vase. Thank you for asking me for the flowers, Colonel." As she hangs up the phone, Hayate makes a small arf to gently catch Riza's attention. Riza sees Hayate.

Page 6: Holding Black Hayate, Riza talks to Hayate: "How come he is good with the timing with this kind of stuff??" At the other end of the phone, Roy wonders what is going on with Riza.
Chapter 72: "Vicious Circle, and the One Stone (that Might Brake the Chain of Hate.")

Page 7: The scene changes to the North. Ed and Al are talking with Marcho. Al: "It has been a long time, Dr. Marcho." Ed: "Thanks for the info back then." Marcho: "I haven't done anything to be thanked. Have you researched the Philosophers Stone?" Ed: "Yeah, learned how to create also."

Page 8: Ed: "With that, we've learned other things also.... about how this country was come about, about something being wrong on our Alchemy (Renkinjitsu.)" Marcho and Mei listen to Ed attentively, while Yoki stands there clueless. (Note: XDD) Ed continues: "Then we eyed on Xing's Rentanjitsu for a new possibilities for the solution, and chased Mei here." Marcho: "Nicely done, as I expected of you. It is reassuring to have you two here. This research note, Rentanjitsu, and if we can add Scar's knowledge (of the old language).."

Page 9: The mention of Scar's name reminded Ed and Al.. Al: "Scar!?" Ed: "That's right, we're searching for Scar.." Just then, they hear a loud noise. They look out from the windows. Marcho: "What was that noise?" Ed: "Don't know. Winry, Dr. Marcho and others, stay hidden. We'll go and check it out." Al: "The Northern Army is here searching for Scar, they might have found him."
Ed and Al leaves Winry, Mrcho, Mei and the other in the building and go out.

Page 10: Winry mutters to herself: "Scar is here..."
The scene changes. Scar is fighting against two chemiras that are Kimbley's guard solders. A fat chimera Scar is fighting moves agile and avoid Scar's attack easily. The fat chimera: "Woops!!" Scar: "Muh, the fatty is agile!!"

Page 11: The fat chimera jumps up in the air, inhales, then spits out gooey saliva targeted to Scar. Scar moves to avoid. From the side, another chimera shoots out spines from his body. Scar barely escapes being hit by them.

Page 12: The fat chimera: "Your technique is not effective if we avoid getting into "the flesh to flesh" contact with you. If we attack rapidly from the distance, both from the above and from the ground, you can't attack us. And..." As Scar raises his right arm to hit the ground, the fat chimera shoots out the sticky goo, and it covers Scar's hand just as it touches the floor, gluing his hand to the floor. The fat chimera: " ..And, we've already researched your habit of destroying our foothold when you want to break through the deadlock."

Page 13: The other chimera shoots out more spines towards immobilized Scar, some of the spine(s) tore(s) through Scar's left arm, and Scar let out a scream. The spiny chimera: "We'll avoid getting close to you, and attack you persistently from this distance." "We'll torn you up, and hand you over to Mr. Kimbley."
Just then, Ed and Al walk in. Ed: "Oops, we walked into here in such a right timing, huh??"

Page 14: Chimeras look at Ed and Al: "Oh? Elric brothers?" Al: "Scar is already being captured. ~Lucky!!" Ed: "But these..." Ed looks at the chimera wearing the military uniform. Ed thinking: Blue Military uniforms. They are the Kimbley's entourage from the Central. Heh, that's a troublesome situation. Al thinking: They were chimeras!
The spiny chimera talks to Ed and Al: "You are arriving late. We've seize Scar now, and...." Before he finishes his sentence Al and Ed attack him "Gaaahh!! Grotesque monster!!"

Page 15: The spiny chimera: "Wh, wh, what are you doing!!??" We are your allies..." Al punches him further before he could finish the sentence: "I don't know of any allies who look freaky and UN-human like you!!" Ed: "They must be pretending to be allies and planning to eat us!! Look at those tasks!!" Al: "The fat one behind has a huge mouth, too!! He could swallow me whole!!"
The fat chimera shoots out the saliva goo at Ed and Al: "You brats!! Stay quiet there for a moment!!" Ed easily ducks the flying goos.

Page 16: While the fat chimera stands there in disbelief that Ed has easily ducked his goo attack, Ed lands punches on him. The fat chimera: "Brat!! He might be faster than Scar!!?" Ed is pleased, and grins hugely.

Page 17: Ed's grin turns to hysterical laughters. Al: "Wh..what is it, brother??" Ed: "BWAHAHAHA!!" The fat chimera: "What's this!! I can't catch him!!" Ed lands a body blow on him, and the fat chimera falls down on the floor.

Page 18: Ed happily dances around. "It feels light!! It feels light!! My leg and arm feel feathery light!! The cold weather Automails are great!! (Note: yay, it rhymed!! XD) Hahaha.. ahhh!"
Al: "Your body is having a hard time adjusting the balance because all of a sudden your Automails are much lighter." Ed loses his balance and falls down. Al: Idiot.."
Meantime, the fat chimera gets up again. The fat chimera: "You!! Don't think you can make a fool out of me!!" Ed: "Aw. My punching power got lighter as well." As Ed is pondering about his new "lighter" punching power, the fat chimera's saliva goo hits Ed's right arm. The fat chimera: "Gwahahaha!! My saliva is hard to come off." Ed: "Slaver? That's gross!!"

Page 19: Ed switches to using his Alchemy to fight chimeras: "If that's slaver... then if I deconstruct, that's mostly water!!" Ed catches some of the fat chimera's saliva goo, deconstruct, then spray the water back at the fat chimera's back.

Page 20: The fat chimera: "Hya, cold!! You!! What did you put on me!!?" Ed: "Take this!!" Ed pushes Al's frigid metal armor body against the fat chimera's wet back: "'Tongue on a frozen metal pole' attack!!" Al is mad: "What was that for, brother!!??" While the fat chimera screams as his skin is peeled off as he tries to get off from Al's metal armor: "Ouch!!!! My skin is getting peeled off!! Arrrrgh!!!" The spiny chimera sends off his spines flying towards Ed, catching Ed off guard who barely escapes the flying spines. Ed: "Whoa!!! The spiny chimera: "Don't interfere our job, Fullmetal Alchemist!!"

Page 21: The spiny chimera: "By logic, you're supposed to act as our allies!!" Ed: "Shut up, hog!! I don't have anyone who looks like you as my acquaintances!! You are definitely not human!! You are exploding with dubiousness!! You totally look enemy characters!! Show me the evidence that you're my allies!!" The spiny chimera: "Oh I will!! I'll change my form now, you'd better watch..." As the spiny chimera tucks back in his spines inside his body, Ed kicks and knocks him down: "I was waiting for this moment!! You're such a fool to put away all the weapons in front of your enemy!!!" Meantime the fat chimera is still stuck to Al's armor. The fat chimera: "Ouch!! Get away from me!!" Al: "Ah, yes, yes..."

Page 22: Al chokes the fat chimera to put him to sleep. Fat chimera: "Ugh!" Al: "Sleep for a while, will you??" (Note: Wow, Volcan!Al!! XD ) Meantime, Scar frees himself by burning off the fat chimera's sticky goo that was gluing his hand to the floor. Scar: "The Dog of the Military has chased me up here again, uh? Ed sees Scar has freed himself: "Geh!! He's recovered again!!" Ed moves to the fighting distance to Scar: "Go get captured already!!" Al: "You should present yourself before the authority and receive the judgment." Scar answers: "I will eliminate anyone who would interfere.."

Page 23: Ed: "I see." Ed makes first move. Scar catches Ed's right arm that was thrust before him. Scar: "Coming straight at me without even a single thought, how foolish!! I'll take that Fullmetal Arm!!" Scar catches Ed's arm and try to deconstruct, but it fails. Ed: "That was a decoy."

Page 24: Ed, while holding Scar's Right arm, attacks his leg with his Automail leg. Scar stumbles in pain. Ed and Al proceed to perform Alchemy, but Scar blasts off the floor Ed and Al are standing on with his Alchemy before Ed and Al can finish theirs, sending Ed and Al flying.

Page 25: Ed and Al are on the floor with rubbles, Scar moves in to finish off.
Just then, they all see Winry staring at Scar. Winry's and Scar's eyes meet. Scar freezes.

Page 26: Seeing an opening, Ed and Al attack Scar simultaneously, then construct handcuffs to hold Scar on the floor. After containing Scar securely, Ed screams at Winry: "You idiot!! Why did you come here??!!"

Page 27: Just as Winry is about to speak up, Miles stops her: "Stay back." Miles and his solders enter the building, and see the chimeras on the floor. Solder A: "Whoa!! What is this thing?!! Ed: "Major Miles.." Solder: "Major, what are they??" Miles: "Hm, Blue Military uniforms.. Must be the ones came from the Central. As we suspected, the higher-ups must have been conducting some outrageous experiments.."

Page 28: Al and Ed act as if they've never known this. Al: "They are Kimbley's entourage??" Ed: "I've never noticed it!" Miles: "Be at ease. You don't have to lie to us. Major General Armstrong and myself are all on your side." Al : "Ah? I thought you turned to General Raven's side!!??" Miles: "That.. General Raven.. he has been missing in action. It's a troublesome situation." Ed: "Missing?" Miles doesn't speak any further of this, and turns to the solder and gives out orders. Miles: "Those Blue uniforms, keep them tied up."

Page 29: Miles turns to Scar, with solders guarding him at gunpoints. Miles: "Well, Scar.. It is painful to send my own people to sit in the judgment, but we can't let a person like you roam around freely and doing as he pleases." Scar: "Own people?" Miles ignores that and turns to Ed and Al: "Elric brothers, appreciate your cooperations for capturing Scar. We'll take care of the rest... !!' As Miles speaks, Winry quietly approaches Scar. Ed and Al try to stop her. Al: "Winry!!" Ed: "Idiot!! Don't go near him!!"

Page 30: Winry: "Please let me go. I'll be ok." Ed: "It is not going to be ok!!" Miles:" Miss, stay afar!!" Winry: "Let me talk to him... I have been wanting to talk to him.. face to face." Winry
asks Scar: "Why have you killed my father and mother?"

Page 31: As everyone watches, including Marcho and Mei hiding nearby, Scar speaks: "Anything I say now will be excuses. I killed Doctors named Rockbells. That's a fact. I have no right to say anything in my defense for this. But you, girl, you have the right to make the judgment on me."

Page 32: Winry tears off a piece of cloth for the bandage, and approaches Scar: "Your arm, if left like that you could die from loss of blood." Ed: "Winry!!"

Page 33: Winry applies bandage to Scar's arm: "(I'm doing this) Because I think my father and mother would have done the same. My father and mother had saved your life. That must have some meaning."
Scar: "Are you saying.. you forgive me?"

Page 34: Winry: "Don't misunderstand!! I'm not forgiving the unjust you've done!" Winry's words causes Scar to recall the conversation he had with his teacher.....
Master: "We must endure." Scar: "Are you telling me to forgive what the Amestris Army has done?" Master: "Do not misunderstand. 'To endure' is not the same with 'to forgive.' You should not forgive the unjust in this world. You must maintain the sense of rage against the unjust. Nonetheless, you must endure. Someone must sever the chain of hatred."

Page 35: Scar's flashback continues and Master's words go on, followed by his brother's words..
Scar's Master: "If you let your anger controls you, then you are no more different than animals. You should never degenerate down to the way of animals. Even if the whole world would deny the existence of Ishivalans, we still should remain 'humans'." In the flashback, Scar's brother takes on: "Gather enough negative emotions, and the world would be filled with the tide of hatred. Conversely, if we gather enough positive emotions, we could turn the world into one filled with the tide of justice."
Winry finishes applying the bandage and quietly walks away. A solder asks to Miles: "Shall we contact the headquarter?" Miles: "Yeah."

Page 36: Ed and Al look at Winry with thoughts for her, yet unable to put in words: "...." Winry speaks and breaks the silence: "I'm ok. I'm not gonna cry. I promised myself that the next time I'll cry, that will be a cry of happiness." Before Ed takes Winry away, Ed speaks to Scar: "Hey, Scar!!"

Page 37: Ed: "This is how Winry thinks, and I respect that. But, if it were up to us, we would want to punch you up and drag you in front of the Rockbell's grave." Scar takes Ed's words in silence. After Ed takes away Winry, Scar speaks to Miles: "Miles.. that is your name, right? May I ask you one thing?" Miles: "What?" Scar: "You said I was 'your people' " Miles: "That's right. My grandfather was an Ishivalan. I wish we did not have to meet like this, red-eyed brother."

Page 38: Scar: "Then, why someone with Ishivalan blood in his vain would assist Ameristris Army?" Miles: "To change people's consciousness toward Ishivalans, from inside." Scar: "I do not think their mind would change that easily." Miles: "That's right. I don't know how long it would take. But, I believe there is something I could do, particularly because of my mixed blood."

Page 39: Miles continues: "I see myself as an Ishivalan stone casted into the Amestris Army. Tiny ripples caused by this small stone could eventually become big circles of waves. Ironically, the person who had helped me realize that it would be worth for me to inject my whole life here in this Army was... a pure Amestrisian." Scar takes his turn to speak: "I am a pus called 'hatred' that is the product of that civil war. I do not pray to the god, nor reflect and ponder about my life. A pus like me should rot and disappear into the gutter without being saved by god, as it should for any pus. That would be more of a life suitable for someone like me."

Page 40: Scar adds the last words: "I'm glad to know there is someone like you."
Miles contacts the search party headquarter. Miles: "Headquarter?... this is Miles. .. We found Scar inside the building D-5. We are holding him there. Send backups." Kembley hears the report by Miles.

Page 41: The solder at the search party HQ speaks with Miles on the wireless: "Building D-5, correct? What is the landmark?" Miles at the other end: "We'll light a flare"
As Kimbley and solders head out from the HQ building, winds blow hard outside. A solder: "Mr. Kimbley, this does not look good. The weather is changing. We are going to have a rough weather soon." Kimbley answers: "Hurry, then!!"
Miles hears the report from the headquarter on wireless. A solder on wireless at the HQ: "Mr. Kimbley and the team are heading your way. Continue holding him there." "Roger." Miles talks to Scar: "No matter what the circumstances were for you, I can not let you go free. You should present yourself before the authority, and receive your judgment." Miles then turns to Winry: "Miss, you should hurry and leave here. Else you might get caught by Kimbley again."

Page 42: As Miles speaks to Winry, Marcho and Mei appear before Miles, Scar, and solders.
Marcho: "Please wait! Please do not take away that man!" Miles: "Who are you?"
As Kimbley and his team of solders approach the building where Scar is being held, there is an explosion in the building.

Page 43: Kimbley: "What was that?" Solder: "That is the building where Major Miles is (holding Scar)!" Ed pops up, (apparently) being thrown and lands few yards from Kimbley and his solders. Ed: "Bwah!!" Kimbley: "Fullmetall Alchemist??" Ed appears fuming mad: "You, Kimbley!! Why haven't you been keeping an close eye on Winry-chan at the headquarter!!?"

Page 44: Top of the building, a man appears, with Winry on his arm. Kimbley looks up: "!!"
The caption reads: "Scar, and on his arm, Winry!!"

(End of chapter 72)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Continues to chapter 73, coming out on Thursday, July 12.

ETA: I probably still have some moinor typos and other corrections, but otherwise, this is more or less done. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Jun 11 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Jun 12 2007, 06:55 AM) *
I'll leave the creative introduction to the chapter to the usual wonderful people!! biggrin.gif I just wanted to post a link to the new Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 72:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/44vpsf
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R9ONKFO8

All I can say is ooooh, there will be MUCH talk! Wow!

m(__)m Thanks!

So many weird perspectives in this chapter. And so many cool poses, specially by Ed.

A visually, uh... original, diferent chapter.

Gotta love the end "cliffhanger". Ed and Al keep foolin' poor Kimbley so easily... too easily perhaps? Will he fall for it every time? Or will Wrath notice once Kimbley reports?

Hummm.....

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Jun 12 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,803

*is in her quiet corner fangirling; Winry, Ed, Edwin, Marcoh, Scar, Riza, Roy, the fact that Ed is now taller than Winry, their new plan to mess with Homunculi's plans and the whole chapter in general*

Rar, I want the scanlatiooooooooooooon~~~~~~~~

Happy Royai Day from me too! biggrin.gif (The beginning of the chapter is Royai, right?)

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM

+Quote Post
Night Shadow Alc...
post Jun 12 2007, 12:43 AM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 47,107

thanks alot wink.gif

--------------------

________________________________________________________________________________
NIGHT SHADOW ALCHEMIST

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jun 12 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #6

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

thx ^^

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Jun 12 2007, 12:55 AM
Post #7

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

darn, now I can`t wait for the next one.... Throughout all of the episode I wondered. WhereTheF is Kimblee? Well there ought to be a big fight in the next one between Scar and Kimblee I guess, but the english translations would be nice to know what the whole talk there was about biggrin.gif

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jun 12 2007, 01:16 AM
Post #8

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

Short comments

Is it just me or did this chapter felt like Dragon Ball for a sec? (remember that at the beginning of Dragon Ball, there's this monster that can split out sticky saliva? And the later in DBZ this other dude that can split out saliva that can turn people into stone...)

And it certainly seems that Winry's technique really improved a lot! Ed's speed certainly increased a lot biggrin.gif

And when I read the last page... OMG A TRAP? It must be some sort of scam between Ed's side and Scar's side... I seriuosly don't think Scar is "evil" enough to kidnap Winry like that.

*back to studying x_X*

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
TheRainbowConnec...
post Jun 12 2007, 01:59 AM
Post #9

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,133

Scanlation, translation, come to meeeeeeee! sad.gif

I summon Tombow, with the power of Japanese!

+Quote Post
Night Shadow Alc...
post Jun 12 2007, 02:50 AM
Post #10

Citizen

Member No.: 47,107

if only i could read it.......

--------------------

________________________________________________________________________________
NIGHT SHADOW ALCHEMIST

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Jun 12 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #11

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 38,435

I just came from my first day in college, but we didn't do much in our first Japanese class except a little briefing. XDDDDD Dang, I wanted to at least understand bits of it...

Oh well. *waits for translation*

But the Royai moment...it beats all. And the scene where Winry bandages Scar is cute...I mean, this could be the start of a beautiful friendship between them, no? XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
paca
post Jun 12 2007, 05:01 AM
Post #12

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 34,936

thanks!!!!! smile.gif *goes to dl*

--------------------
......if you continue to wish with that strength, the dream will become reality.........

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 12 2007, 05:29 AM
Post #13

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@TheRainbowConnection and others... I'll work on the summary as soon as my connection gets better.. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Jun 12 2007, 05:34 AM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 38,435

Tombow, you rock. ^^ I promise that when I do start Japanese I can help you translate. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Porgand
post Jun 12 2007, 05:40 AM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 41,766

I couldn't understand a thing but I laughed so much while reading it, the expressions were hilarious!

And OMGWTF Ed IS taller than Winry! He's gone trough quite a growth spurt it seems.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 03:16 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css