HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Can I Be Honest? I'm FMA-1 fan and I'm Not Feeling Hot About Having another FMA (Remake) anime, FMA:Brotherhood supporters, please kindly stay away :)
Rating 3 V
Kirara
post Jun 3 2009, 03:35 PM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (AA battery @ Jun 3 2009, 01:29 PM) *
(BUT I definitely agree that starting around chapter 72-ish, manga began to rush like WHOA @_@; It's as if Arakawa wanted to get FMA done and over with so that she can focus on her new series Juushin Enbu...)

You know it is interesting because I remember reading an interview awhile back before these chapters where she specifically said that the series will start moving quicker to the climax which is where we are now I would say.

However in an even more recent interview she said the manga will be a little bit longer than she first thought despite that quicker pacing. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jun 3 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #47

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 3 2009, 03:35 PM) *
You know it is interesting because I remember reading an interview awhile back before these chapters where she specifically said that the series will start moving quicker to the climax which is where we are now I would say.

However in an even more recent interview she said the manga will be a little bit longer than she first thought despite that quicker pacing. smile.gif

Yup, I vaguely remember reading something like that before too. Anyway, I certainly hope that the manga will finish before the new-anime.... (in other words, within 10 months) The new-anime intends to follow manga as closely as possible, right? I don't think they would be crazy enough to make up their own anime ending again if manga didn't manage to end soon enough x_x If they really get up to that point, I hope they'd stop broadcasting the new-anime (and wait for manga to finish up)... and do a season 2 or OVA or whatever. Just don't spoil us manga-fans about the ending before the manga shows it ;_; and definitely should not make up their own ending since that's ridiculous and beats the purpose of new-anime... ok I should shut up =x

QUOTE (Forlong @ Jun 3 2009, 02:41 PM) *
QUOTE (AA battery @ Jun 3 2009, 05:02 AM) *
I can understand taking out the Train story,

I don't. That was the most awesome filler ever. And it was on a train! That automatically makes anything awesome.

Well, like you said, it's a *filler* so...

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 3 2010, 03:32 AM
Post #48

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

QUOTE (Misty- Nala @ Oct 3 2010, 05:53 AM) *
In my opinion, Brotherhood's greatest weakness is that....

@Misty- Nala - Very good post! ^^ But.... it's consisting mostly the comparison of FMA-1 vs FMA:Brotherhood, and hence I think it's more suited for FMA-1 vs FMA:Brotherhood thread, and therefore, I moved your post there. smile.gif

Also, I moved some other posts on the thread with similar contents to FMA-1 vs FMA:Brotherhood thread as well.

I see that this thread is now being used somewhat differently than what the OP intended; The original purpose of this thread was to give FMA-1 fans a place to voice their feeling about having another FMA anime series, such as, feeling FMA-1 being slighted, etc., and now this thread is being used to list the weakness of FMA:Brotherhood instead? blink.gif And hence some of the discussions are now over-wrapping with FMA-1 vs FMA:Brotherhood thread. We'll check to see how we can arrange this better. ^^

meantime...

Everyone, if you have opinions & views on the weakness on FMA:Brotherhood anime, please add such posts on FMA-1 vs FMA:Brotherhood thread.

Any FMA-1 fans who feels negative about having another FMA anime series, feel free to post and express your views/opinions/thoughts/feelings about it on this thread. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Oct 5 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #49

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,416

I hope this one goes right and doesn't get switched to somewhere else tongue.gif

Anyway, back in the days I started watching FMA, and even now, I loved the unique combination: there was manga and anime that were different. In most cases, Animes follow Mangas' plots like slaves, some are more creative, some are less. I adored the fact that FMA Anime was different and gave the themes of Manga a whole new meaning. Fma Anime followed the basic plot of the early chapter ( Two first episodes were almost entirely taken from the manga) and then it took some of the manga plot but made whole new adventures. For instance, Bald chapter was in the first book and set in the time when Ed was 15 and an experienced State Alchemist. In Anime 1, this Bald episode was given a whole new impact: it is a story of Edward and Al going to Central and meeting Hughes and it introduces Mustang. I loved how everything was changed to make the story bigger; Barry was given a bigger role, Tucker was given much more character etc.

The fact that Anime and Manga differ so much from that one very sad point onwards made Fma feel unique to me. I have never come across something that was based on something ongoing and still managed to become a very touching story of its own. Making of Brotherhood threw FMA into the same bunch with (almost?) every other manga/anime combination there is.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 07:27 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css