Pokemon Heartgold And Soulsilver
YourViolentStalk...
post May 11 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,415

QUOTE (Little Washu @ May 9 2009, 10:45 PM) *
I can't help but wonder if, in these games, you have the option to let your starter hang out with you, like in yellow?

What I think (/hope; I'm the type of person who evolved my Pikachu in Yellow just so it would stop following me) that may be is just at the beginning of the game. If I recall correctly (but again, I haven't played in forever) when you get your starter Pokemon, you're just borrowing it to run an errand for Professor Elm, so it's not really yours yet, so it's just following you. Then later, after Elm is all like, "OMG Poekymon iz happeh", he gives it to you, and he gives you its Pokeball so it stops following you. Otherwise, it'd be a very strange thing to do, in my opinion. It'd be like... Why use Pokeballs if I can just kidnap them? *shrugs* Just a theory.

--------------------
...and I mean that in the least offensive way possible.

Fanart (and my other drawings): http://yourviolentstalker.deviantart.com

Fanfiction *ashamed*: http://www.fanfiction.net/~abstractmouse
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post May 11 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #17

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

QUOTE (YourViolentStalker @ May 11 2009, 04:48 PM) *
I can't help but wonder if, in these games, you have the option to let your starter hang out with you, like in yellow?

What I think (/hope; I'm the type of person who evolved my Pikachu in Yellow just so it would stop following me) that may be is just at the beginning of the game. If I recall correctly (but again, I haven't played in forever) when you get your starter Pokemon, you're just borrowing it to run an errand for Professor Elm, so it's not really yours yet, so it's just following you. Then later, after Elm is all like, "OMG Poekymon iz happeh", he gives it to you, and he gives you its Pokeball so it stops following you. Otherwise, it'd be a very strange thing to do, in my opinion. It'd be like... Why use Pokeballs if I can just kidnap them? *shrugs* Just a theory.

I was thinking so too. Actually I was hoping so, because I sorta thought it'd get annoying XD;

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Envy II
post May 12 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #18

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,400

Of course Kris is the girl D':!!! The first (and best) female character.

I love her so much >w<

She isn't going to be the girl in this remake. Like it or not.

Here's the new female character for HG and SS:

You can see the rest of CoroCoro's scans here.

And these scans also confirm that the starter continues to follow you around and that the opposite gendered character of the one you chose will play a supporting role in the game.

I don't know if I like that last bit. I wanted a G/S remake, not something too different. =/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post May 12 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #19

Lt. General

^Already heard. Ugly, isn't that thing?

--------------------

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post May 12 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #20

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

QUOTE (Little Washu @ May 9 2009, 11:45 PM) *

thanks for the pic little washu. now that i remeber what she looks like i have to say that she is my favorite to.

QUOTE (Envy II @ May 12 2009, 01:23 PM) *
Here's the new female character for HG and SS:

and thanks for the scan of the new girl. man she looks ugly. i like the original kris ten time better then this one.

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post May 12 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #21

Lt. General

^That thing is not Kris, but due to her look, I'll refer to her as Mary-Sue.
Holy crap, she is so UGLY!

Kris, despite being the female counterpart of Gold and Silver's player character Gold, is not included as the female counterpart, with a new character instead taking her place. This is likely due to Kris's close association with Pokémon Crystal, in which she was introduced.

Maybe, if they do make a Crystal remake, Kris will take the place of the ugly one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy II
post May 12 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #22

Alchemists

I seriously doubt they'd do a Crystal remake.

They never did a Yellow remake with the Red and Blue (or Green, whatever) remakes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
YourViolentStalk...
post May 12 2009, 06:19 PM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 37,415

I think I may just have to play as a boy. I thought the guy from Diamond and Pearl was bad... But this is really just something else. OH! You know who she kind of reminds me of? Pippi Longstockings. I think it's the hair... or what part of the hair you can see beneath the humongous hat.

I'm kind of annoyed that my starter is gonna follow me around. That just gives me an extra reason to trade in a Charmander at the very beginning. I doubt it will follow you unless it has your ID number, right? Er... wait, even if it does have your ID number. Blahhh, I guess it would just be the first G/S starter in your party. Or else you could have six starter Pokemon following you at once. Dx Disregard that. I have no idea what I'm talking about anymore.

--------------------
...and I mean that in the least offensive way possible.

Fanart (and my other drawings): http://yourviolentstalker.deviantart.com

Fanfiction *ashamed*: http://www.fanfiction.net/~abstractmouse

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post May 12 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #24

Lt. General

QUOTE (Envy II @ May 12 2009, 06:15 PM) *
I seriously doubt they'd do a Crystal remake.

Why not? Crystal was the best of all the Pokemon games, like, ever. Of course, I wouldn't expect a male fan to understand.

Also, the general Crystal idea was the best, with Suicune and the Tin Tower and everything.

But until there is a Crystal remake, or I can play as Kris instead of the cheap rip-off, I don't plan on buying these games anytime soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy II
post May 12 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #25

Alchemists

Um... I actually feel that Crystal is the best Pokemon game ever. I loved that they finally added the option to be a female trainer! I was so sick of having to be a male trainer.

Not to add that it was an improved Gold and Silver... Which those two games were already amazing to begin with. They were so awesome that I was incredibly disappointed with Ruby when I got it. I guess they just can't top Gold/Silver/Crystal. It's like the only sequel I've ever incredibly hyped, seen the whole game before I even played it (I had a guide of the Japanese game before it even came out. XD) and yet all of that hype was still lived up to. I'd argue that they're the best sequel ever, as well. =P

But anyways, despite loving Crystal as much as I do, I realize that a Crystal remake is not likely. As I said they did not make a Yellow remake. They just aren't interested in remaking the "third" games. I'm hoping that they will have features from Crystal, but I doubt it... =(

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post May 13 2009, 06:43 AM
Post #26

Lt. General

^That didn't stop them from making Emerald or Platinum. Kris was the only reason I was excited about these games. Jhoto isn't Jhoto without her. So, until they do, if they ever remake it, I'm gonna go play my old Crystal game, thank you very much.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy II
post May 13 2009, 08:58 AM
Post #27

Alchemists

QUOTE (Little Washu @ May 13 2009, 08:43 AM) *
^That didn't stop them from making Emerald or Platinum. Kris was the only reason I was excited about these games. Jhoto isn't Jhoto without her. So, until they do, if they ever remake it, I'm gonna go play my old Crystal game, thank you very much.

Platinum and Emerald were for the NEW generation games, not the remakes.

Sorry, but if you want her you're most likely going to miss out on these remakes. I don't understand why they changed the female character, but they did. =/ Nintendo makes weird (and mostly stupid IMO) decisions sometimes.

I'm not saying that they for sure won't make a Crystal remake, but I just seriously doubt it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post May 13 2009, 09:55 AM
Post #28

Alchemists

out of all the pokeman games that i have played i have to say that gold, silver, and crystal were my all time favorites. and aslo i hope that they do a crystal remake of some kind. that would be so cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ApatheticSloth
post May 29 2009, 02:40 AM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 68,355

I'm looking forward to SoulSilver mainly. I hope that they put in Red and Blue like they did in the originals. Travel all the way back to ...Kanto (was it?) and face every other Gym Leader and finally face Blue then Red. I'm probably going to get my team of Ampharos, Slowbro and Miltank again. If not, then I might try another team and hopefully catch that Shiny Gyarados this time. Last time, I KO'ed it by accident and didn't save...

--------------------
"When you have the power to do something, it's hard not to try." -Shou Tucker

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post May 29 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #30

Alchemists

QUOTE (ApatheticSloth @ May 29 2009, 05:40 AM) *
If not, then I might try another team and hopefully catch that Shiny Gyarados this time. Last time, I KO'ed it by accident and didn't save...

i am wondering if in the remakes that they have Shiny Gyarados again. and also that we can go to the kanto region again. that would be so cool. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 08:05 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css