HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 108, The Final Chapter "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), WARNING Major spoilers beyond page 1!!
edxwinryfan
post Jun 7 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #151

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,190

AHHHH IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!! Ed and Winry are hugging I only wish I knew what they were saying though, it better be "I love you"!! wub.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NightMistress
post Jun 7 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #152

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,212

^See the other thread!!

It sounds like he's proposed POTENTIAL EDWIN PROPOSAL IS MAJOR OVERLOAD stretcher.gif

--------------------
Forum siblings: zarpia (my not so big sis) Fullmetal Fangirl (my very much so lil sis) ~FMAgurl~ (another very much so lil sis) MustEd4ever (another very lil sis) Drina (lil sis)

+Quote Post
Levive
post Jun 7 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #153

Citizen

Member No.: 71,803

@Edxwinryfan ->
I can't read everything, but I think it's something in shape of:

Ed: Equivalent Exchange! I'll give half of my life to you, and you'll give me half of yours!
Winry: The law of equivalent exchange is really stupid...
Ed: What did say?!?!
Winry: Fool! Don't say half, I'll give you all of it!

So, in my opinion it's something better than traditional way of saying it. That's Arakawa-sensei for you! Sorry, if I made any mistakes. I am a novice ^___^''

+Quote Post
Alice in Nothing...
post Jun 7 2010, 01:10 PM
Post #154

Citizen

Member No.: 73,228

QUOTE (Levive @ Jun 7 2010, 10:08 PM) *
@Edxwinryfan ->

Ed: Equivalent Exchange! I'll give half of my life to you, and you'll give me half of yours!

So, in my opinion it's something better than traditional way of saying it. That's Arakawa-sensei for you! Sorry, if I made any mistakes. I am a novice ^___^''

awww that's so cute ^___^

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 7 2010, 01:19 PM
Post #155

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Levive--I'm pretty sure I just died of an overdose of cuteness. Thank you for the translation!

Jeez, if the rest of the chapter makes me feel so strongly, I really will be dead by the end of it! I should probably hold off until after finals... at least, my Physics final... Nahhhhh...

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
thunderbreak
post Jun 7 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #156

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,553

return after a long busy period :

i feel something of a down -yeah that's probably i'm a greed fan so i rather want him to stay but well.....
for riza and roy,i'll wait until other spoilers are out.
havoc-really funnny here,he's doing rehabilitation with breda as watch dog
what's yoki wearing eh?ooh a cricus costume...
i wonder who becomes fuhrer...

--------------------
Currently on :Silverspoon,re-reading FMA project(will post to blog soon)
Planning list:Pumpkin scissors,Stein Gate,Fairy Tail

+Quote Post
tigerchic121
post Jun 7 2010, 02:04 PM
Post #157

Citizen

Member No.: 60,229

QUOTE (Levive @ Jun 7 2010, 03:08 PM) *
@Edxwinryfan ->

*faints*

Alright now Ed can be really, really thick especially when it comes to being emotional and such, but that is SUPER CUTE. Just thinking about it makes me all giggly which I don't generally do. BAAAHHHH, it's so great! Now I wonder what else they'll say...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Jun 7 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #158

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

... I'm... I've gone and spoiled myself, cried a little, and now I'm speechless. I don't really know what to say...

I'm not so sure I like the EdWin (don't flame me, please) and the ending isn't quite what I expected, but... It's beautiful regardless.

A ton of things I'm curious about. Can't wait for a total and complete translation.

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Jun 7 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #159

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

OMG, I'm spazzing out again!!! biggrin.gif I seriously need to go out for an intense jog with my iPod blasting FMA music after posting this or I might start climbing the walls of my house, LOL!!! XD Suddenly the space I'm in seems far too small...

I understand enough Japanese that I was able to make out "you really are a fool," "half of your ___," "don't" and some other bits and pieces, but with that better translation it all makes sense now! Now I feel silly for not being able to quite piece it together on my own, despite the blurriness of the furigana, haha! It's so perfect and Arakawa-ish - she really has a gift for dialogue furthering characterization - every word is multi-layered. I never would have guessed at such an exchange and yet it seems so OBVIOUS now. I've felt that way about a lot of the plot details in this series over the years. It's really like the story exists out there in some other universe and she's just tapping into it for us.

So we not only get the future marriage/kids pic and a present-time hug, but the dialogue between them actually includes a PROPOSAL (and in such a perfect Ed-like fashion)?! I never thought we'd get to see it! I was hoping for some sort of confession, but the actual proposal?! Minus engagement ring, but still... *melts into a little pile of goo*

OK... on a slightly less sugary note, anyone remember a poster from waaaay back (don't remember which chapter) within the story that advertised "Yoki's Circus"? I think it was in Rush Valley. So I don't know if he joined the chimeras necessarily - more like he went back to the circus and they went with him, lol! XD Cute.

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Jun 7 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #160

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

WOW Thats some serious EdWin right there!!! I can't wait to read it ALL!!! GGAAHH!!!

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Qashqai
post Jun 7 2010, 02:29 PM
Post #161

Citizen

Member No.: 72,134

QUOTE (allykatty1 @ Jun 7 2010, 11:12 PM) *

OK... on a slightly less sugary note, anyone remember a poster from waaaay back (don't remember which chapter) within the story that advertised "Yoki's Circus"? I think it was in Rush Valley. So I don't know if he joined the chimeras necessarily - more like he went back to the circus and they went with him, lol! XD Cute.

I remember this! I'm pretty sure it was when Havoc was giving information to Falman while Barry was at his place.
The whole idea of circus with chimeras is great XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Jun 7 2010, 02:36 PM
Post #162

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

Alright now Ed can be really, really thick especially when it comes to being emotional and such, but that is SUPER CUTE. Just thinking about it makes me all giggly which I don't generally do. BAAAHHHH, it's so great! Now I wonder what else they'll say...

Ha, I second you on that! Despite all the flailing and squealing and spazzing I've been engaged in over EdWin for the past half-day, I actually am not really that kind of person either! I'm really not your typical girly romance fan... I generally don't read shojo, don't like The Notebook - hell, I rarely even have crushes and I tend to be pretty cynical towards girls who are boy-crazy or overdependent or into chick flicks or WHAT-HAVE-YOU, lol! There are many other better things to do with my time and attention.

But something about EdWin just really GETS me. I guess partly because they're not played out like your typical romance. They're both such strong characters in their own right with their own goals and interests and yet they've grown up and grown into each other so well. The "childhood friend" factor aside, there's very little that's cliched about them. The romance in FMA comes across as a side plot, but ultimately love and family is what this series is all about, isn't it?

That is why I am so happy to see them so thoroughly "together" in the end. Because I think they are one of the biggest affirmations of the main underlying themes of FMA. happy.gif

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Jun 7 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #163

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

Sorry to be a pain but I just woke up and is there a RAW file somewhere? I got school in like 10 minutes, wanna shove it on my iPod so I can read it at school, or is it all in seperate image files?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Jun 7 2010, 02:48 PM
Post #164

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

^
I don't think there's a raw file yet. Just image links not in order.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Jun 7 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #165

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

So....is Mrs. Bradley, Mrs. Grumman NOW??? LOL

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 03:57 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css