HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
RoyxRizaFan
post Jan 31 2011, 07:16 PM
Post #22246

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,333

I almost fear any sort of answer because I'd rather be left to speculate than told, "oh, btws, they weren't canon all along - what Riza said to Envy in chapter 94 was true" 0_0 Though I almost doubt Arakawa would come out and say that because she must know how fanatical people are about the pairing, having a holiday for it and all...

@ Turdaewen - Excellent explanation of Riza's character. That is exactly how I feel about her, and I'm glad you were able to put it into words like that. Now, if only we could find some way to send that explanation out to everyone beyond this thread who has horribly misunderstood her....... XD

EDIT: And I'm dying for some of these guidebooks to be translated to English!! Only one has been translated so far, and it's all basic knowledge like "Winry Rockbell is an automail mechanic who lives in Resembool...etc" so I never bought that one, but I would definitely buy the later ones! I'm glad the artbooks are translated, but I'm still dying to know what's in the guidebooks, especially some of the untranslated pages that were posted before about Roy and Riza.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jan 31 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #22247

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

This is a little bit random, considering the conversation that's going on lol

But I just thought I'd let everyone know that I found the whole "Romeo and Juliet" scene from Daughter of the Dusk. It's pretty hilarious. I dunno if it's ever been posted here before, but for those of you who haven't seen it, here it is: http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm9278372

The first half of the clip is Riza's play. It's this whole princess warrior thing lol. The second half is Roy's play, which is Romeo and Juliet.

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jan 31 2011, 08:53 PM
Post #22248

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Feb 1 2011, 12:16 AM) *
I almost fear any sort of answer because I'd rather be left to speculate than told, "oh, btws, they weren't canon all along - what Riza said to Envy in chapter 94 was true" 0_0 Though I almost doubt Arakawa would come out and say that because she must know how fanatical people are about the pairing, having a holiday for it and all...

I don't think Arakawa would say something like that, more than just because she wouldn't want to disappoint so many fans, but, moreover, because she would NOT have put scenes like the ones in your sig over nothing ^^ She does WANT us to think they have something, even if they don't actually have it.
And I really doubt she would say "there's nothing to it". Royai is a reality in FMA whether people wish it or not and it's fundamental for the building of the characters (both Roy and Riza), so, even if they're not "out there" with it, noone can say there's nothing more between them than just "caring": I mean, noone who "just cares" about something snaps like Riza did and noone who "just cares" hugs a person like Roy did Riza.
And, on top of that, we have to remember that Arakawa is not "Western", she's Japanese. And being so, she lives in a society were people don't have the habit of touching eachother for ANYTHING but the strictly necessary unless they have strong reasons to do so (like family, etc). People could say anime is "fantasy" and has lots of influences from western culture and, many times, that's true, but do we actually see ANYONE in FMA touching someone like in "western culture"?? I know I haven't.

So, of course, like I've said before, the only way to be 100% sure would be to ask Arakawa herself, but, given the circumstances, I think we can say that Royai is cannon, at least in a tacit knowledge. XD

@Dark-Winds - Thanks for the links!! ^^ I really wanted that! XD

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Puka-chan
post Feb 1 2011, 03:57 AM
Post #22249

Citizen

Member No.: 77,068

QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ Feb 1 2011, 03:54 AM) *
This is a little bit random, considering the conversation that's going on lol

But I just thought I'd let everyone know that I found the whole "Romeo and Juliet" scene from Daughter of the Dusk. It's pretty hilarious. I dunno if it's ever been posted here before, but for those of you who haven't seen it, here it is: http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm9278372

The first half of the clip is Riza's play. It's this whole princess warrior thing lol. The second half is Roy's play, which is Romeo and Juliet.

kyaaaaaaa~
thank you so much! I was searching for this so long.
Winry is such a fangirl and Roy was so cute x3

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lisamustang
post Feb 1 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #22250

Citizen

Member No.: 76,243

i agree with riza's personality definition tongue.gif
I always say... Riza's the man, but not because she's manly, i say it because she gets everything under control and she's like... the boss of the situations happy.gif and she's strong, really strong, she doesnt break in front of any situation (except the one we all love), so for me, is RizaxRoy, not RoyxRiza.

Changing the subject smile.gif i found this... a few... years ago xDDD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRbYuhWrQw watch it from 3:20 more or less ahead.
First time i saw that i just loved it and understood a little bit xD so i talked with my japanese friend and he told me what they said in the video smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
iAmjelly
post Feb 1 2011, 11:47 PM
Post #22251

Citizen

Member No.: 68,655

QUOTE (Lisamustang @ Feb 2 2011, 11:50 AM) *
i agree with riza's personality definition tongue.gif
I always say... Riza's the man, but not because she's manly, i say it because she gets everything under control and she's like... the boss of the situations happy.gif and she's strong, really strong, she doesnt break in front of any situation (except the one we all love), so for me, is RizaxRoy, not RoyxRiza.

I agree there. It's kind of lame and sort of childish to look up to fictional characters, but I don't think you can get any more amazing than Riza. I really think she's someone girls should look up to because she's every bit the strong, confident, kick-a** woman who can be as feminine as she is epic. And no matter what, even after all she's been through with Roy, she doesn't break. And it's not like she sticks with him because he asked her to or she can't function on her own - she really, honestly, picked that path for herself and she's strong enough to see it through to the very end. That's what I really admire about her, and I have no qualms in saying outright that she is one of my role models.

I also agree with what Turdaewen said: there is no way in all hell Royai "isn't there" - for people who have been through as much as Roy and Riza, it's only reasonable that they're not big on public displays of affection - heck - it's Roy and Riza; as if they would act any way else. They've lived their entire lives speaking in codes and through subtle gestures, but just because it's not obvious to people from a Western culture, that doesn't mean that it's "not there". That said, Arakawa's dropped too many hints for us, and some of them were pretty darn obvious anyway. Whether there's actually something physically happening between them or not, they still hold torches for each other - that much, I think, we can be sure of.

@ Dark winds and Lisa Mustang:

Both videos amuse me to no end. Thanks so much for sharing!! I just wish I could understand it >.<

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lisamustang
post Feb 2 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #22252

Citizen

The translation to what it could possibly be it's:

it's not what they actually said but it's an idea:

Roy: So everything's over now...
Riza (no idea of what she said xD) but she said something related to 'dangerous'
Roy: Hey lt...
Riza: What's up ?
Roy: Shall we go to somewhere ?
Riza: Colonel...
Barry: Miss!!!
Riza: Barry!
Barry: I saw your battle! You were as awesome as always miss!
Riza: Colonel, let's go!
Barry: What? You are so mean!
Riza: I'm busy with colonel right now
Barry (again, no idea)
Then a few girls come screaming Riza's name
Barry: So you have so many fans
Riza: Colonel, sorry, i have to run
Roy: S-sure
Again fans screaming Riza's name and in the end a guy screams riza's name and roy and barry get pissed off. Riza's fans run over Barry and he screams: You damn! Miss!!!
Roy: Well... i guess i'll try next time .-.

Awww sweet tongue.gif again, it's not what they said i just translated what i heard hahaha
and the video about Romeo and Juliet, it's a play and what they said is something like: Roy asks riza's name, she introduce herself, and so they got in love but winry is in love with roy so riza says that their love is impossible so they make something like that about romeo and juliet biggrin.gif and then ed's the evil bean sprout midget hahaha and he screams and he kills roy and something like that biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 2 2011, 09:06 AM
Post #22253

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^ *cough* somewhere on this thread (or may be on the thread for that game in FMA Game forum) is my full translation of that scene that I posted when that game first came out. smile.gif If many of you want the full translation, someone please volunteer your time and look for my translation, or if Nagareboshi comes around, she can probably give her help with the translation. smile.gif

...I can't go looking for it nor can I translate that one again now, because electricity is out right now around here because of the major snow/cold storm we're having in the U.S. now, and I'm using my precious laptop battery power. tongue.gif

By the way, SamusTheHunter, Puka-chan, Lisamustang, and all other new people, WELCOME to our board, and welcome to the "Royai" thread, the longest and the most active character discussion thread on our board! Hope you enjoy posting here! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lisamustang
post Feb 2 2011, 04:28 PM
Post #22254

Citizen

QUOTE (Tombow @ Feb 2 2011, 09:06 AM) *
^ *cough* somewhere on this thread (or may be on the thread for that game in FMA Game forum) is my full translation of that scene that I posted when that game first came out. smile.gif If many of you want the full translation, someone please volunteer your time and look for my translation, or if Nagareboshi comes around, she can probably give her help with the translation. smile.gif

...I can't go looking for it nor can I translate that one again now, because electricity is out right now around here because of the major snow/cold storm we're having in the U.S. now, and I'm using my precious laptop battery power. tongue.gif

By the way, SamusTheHunter, Puka-chan, Lisamustang, and all other new people, WELCOME to our board, and welcome to the "Royai" thread, the longest and the most active character discussion thread on our board! Hope you enjoy posting here! biggrin.gif

Of course we will have a great time posting over here tongue.gif i love royai! is awesome biggrin.gif is just fantastic and it's not like any other anime pairing where the boy is an idiot (i was gonna say another word haha) and the girl hates him but then, he's a hero and saves her and she's so grateful that she falls in love with him and then they hate each other again but they have some romantic scenes and in the end they are a cannon pairing dry.gif
Royai's like... just the most perfect pairing on anime world biggrin.gif so Royai means just to trust your partner and that loyalty that we can see when they are together is just perfect, they need no romantic scenes to know what they feel for each other happy.gif
hope u understand what i mean smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nagareboshi
post Feb 2 2011, 05:25 PM
Post #22255

Citizen

Member No.: 70,424

I found Tombow's translation of the Royai scene at the end of Dream Carnival Enjoy! smile.gif

The Royai ending scene
Roy: "Ah.. finally, it's all done..."
Riza: "That was quite a challenge to survive against those fine opponents."
Roy: "Well, Lieutenant?"
Riza: "What is it, sir?"
Roy: "Do you think you have a better opinion of me after this?"
Riza: "Colonel..."
Barry: "SISTAH ...~~!!" (= sister...misspelling was intentional XD)
Riza:"Barry?!"
Barry: "I've watched you fight today. Sister, you were amazing! I'm in love with you all over again."

*Roy very pissed off*
Riza: "Shall we go, Colonel?!"
Barry: "Why?!" "What an cold treatment."
Riza: "Colonel and I are very tired now. Could you leave me alone today?"
Barry: "All right. But, if you walk that way, you're not going to get any rest."
Girl A: "There she is!! "Ms. Riza~~~!!"
Girl B: "KyAhhhhh ~~~!! Lieutenant Hawkeye~~~!!!"
Girl C: "Dear miss Riza~~~!!!"
Barry: "The sister's fans have been waiting to get your attention there."
Riza: "Co..Colonel! Excuse me, i have to run!!"
Roy: "Ah, ah."
RizaFans: "Please, wait~~~!!!"
    :"Ms Riza~~~!!!"
    :"Give me your stern look!!!"
    :"I wanna see it, too~~~!!!"

*Riza’s fans chase after Riza*
Barry: "Gah! Get out of my way!! SISTAH~!"
Roy: "Oh, it's a full moon tonight..."
Roy: : "I guess I will go home and go to bed."

--------------------

Banner and icon made by me

+Quote Post
Riza Ayano
post Feb 3 2011, 02:10 AM
Post #22256

Citizen

Member No.: 75,119

QUOTE (Nagareboshi @ Feb 3 2011, 09:25 AM) *
I found Tombow's translation of the Royai scene at the end of Dream Carnival Enjoy! smile.gif

The Royai ending scene
Roy: "Ah.. finally, it's all done..."
Riza: "That was quite a challenge to survive against those fine opponents."
Roy: "Well, Lieutenant?"
Riza: "What is it, sir?"
Roy: "Do you think you have a better opinion of me after this?"
Riza: "Colonel..."
Barry: "SISTAH ...~~!!" (= sister...misspelling was intentional XD)
Riza:"Barry?!"
Barry: "I've watched you fight today. Sister, you were amazing! I'm in love with you all over again."

*Roy very pissed off*
Riza: "Shall we go, Colonel?!"
Barry: "Why?!" "What an cold treatment."
Riza: "Colonel and I are very tired now. Could you leave me alone today?"
Barry: "All right. But, if you walk that way, you're not going to get any rest."
Girl A: "There she is!! "Ms. Riza~~~!!"
Girl B: "KyAhhhhh ~~~!! Lieutenant Hawkeye~~~!!!"
Girl C: "Dear miss Riza~~~!!!"
Barry: "The sister's fans have been waiting to get your attention there."
Riza: "Co..Colonel! Excuse me, i have to run!!"
Roy: "Ah, ah."
RizaFans: "Please, wait~~~!!!"
    :"Ms Riza~~~!!!"
    :"Give me your stern look!!!"
    :"I wanna see it, too~~~!!!"

*Riza’s fans chase after Riza*
Barry: "Gah! Get out of my way!! SISTAH~!"
Roy: "Oh, it's a full moon tonight..."
Roy: : "I guess I will go home and go to bed."

Thank you so much for the translation biggrin.gif
Actually,I want you to post the translation of "Romeo and Juliet" scene from Daughter of the Dusk..I can't find the translation ohmy.gif
Hope you can help me to translate it or PM me the link of the translation,Thank you.

--------------------

"Please Colonel,Don't go where I can't follow"
Royai Memory <3

+Quote Post
Lisamustang
post Feb 3 2011, 06:47 AM
Post #22257

Citizen

My japanese friend told me that roy invited riza to hang out somewhere but anyway, it's quite nice biggrin.gif!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 3 2011, 07:14 PM
Post #22258

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^ Thank you so much, Nagareboshi for finding it! *hugs* happy.gif
Gahaha, that's a rather choppy translation of mine, but I guess it will do. XDD

QUOTE (Lisamustang @ Feb 3 2011, 09:47 AM) *
My japanese friend told me that roy invited riza to hang out somewhere but anyway, it's quite nice biggrin.gif !!

No, he doesn't (unless your friend hears/sees something I don't in that clip) biggrin.gif By the way, if your Japanese friend feels like it, please ask your friend to do the translation of "Romeo & Juliet" (by Roy and Riza) scene in Daughter of the Dusk game!! tongue.gif (I'm already so backed up with tons of translations waiting to be done for the board, and honestly that scene is so over the top and IMO completely out of characters that it's not very pleasant for me to do that translation, and hence I would rather avoid doing it if I can. tongue.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Feb 3 2011, 07:36 PM
Post #22259

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (Tombow @ Feb 4 2011, 12:14 AM) *
QUOTE (Lisamustang @ Feb 3 2011, 09:47 AM) *
My japanese friend told me that roy invited riza to hang out somewhere but anyway, it's quite nice biggrin.gif!!

No, he doesn't (unless your friend hears/sees something I don't in that clip) biggrin.gif By the way, if your Japanese friend feels like it, please ask your friend to do the translation of "Romeo & Juliet" (by Roy and Riza) scene in Daughter of the Dusk game!! tongue.gif (I'm already so backed up with tons of translations waiting to be done for the board, and honestly that scene is so over the top and IMO completely out of characters that it's not very pleasant for me to do that translation, and hence I would rather avoid doing it if I can. tongue.gif)

lol

You're right, Tombow! ^^ These games are so much fanservice it makes my hair puff. O.o

There's so many stuff I would rather see the translation... Things that can actually clarify more about the characters and everything.
As fun it might be to discover what they're saying, there's a bunch of more relevant things to translate first ^^

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Lisamustang
post Feb 4 2011, 04:10 PM
Post #22260

Citizen

QUOTE (Tombow @ Feb 3 2011, 07:14 PM) *
.... if your Japanese friend feels like it, please ask your friend to do the translation of "Romeo & Juliet" (by Roy and Riza) scene in Daughter of the Dusk game!! ....

Well he's kinda busy with his orchestra but i'll try biggrin.gif!

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 11:26 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css