HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fma Anime Episode Content Q & A: Place To Post Unanswered Questions From Any Episode, Spoiler Warning
Rating 5 V
Fresh_Coffee
post Jan 8 2005, 09:33 AM
Post #46

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,780

I also read that Fanfic and I'm not sure. It's either Riza hit Roy's eye or Archer. I think it's Archer but I could be wrong. Hohenheim probably didn't want Dante to find him because she would have asked for the Stone.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Jan 8 2005, 11:00 AM
Post #47

Brigadier General

Member No.: 650

ok what hohenheim did in his absence nobody knows.... why he never contacted anyone is simple....it hurts less to not have something you are not constantly reminded of.

on the subject of riza shooting roy, are you people on crack or something?.... RIZA DOES NOT MISS... fanfics are the work of the imaginations of people who have nothing to do with anything officially FMA related. hell i could write one right now that says that all of FMA is really nothing more than a fevered dream of goku's cause he had some bad fish, doesn't make it true though...

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
blueices
post Jan 8 2005, 11:20 AM
Post #48

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,610

RIZA DOES NOT MISS

Bingo!!!
If Riza was apologizing for anything, it was for not getting to the scene sooner

--------------------
Prince of Shonen-ai in Training
Royal Apothecary and Court Jack-of-all-Trades
user posted image
If You are New to these Forums, (or need a good laugh) Click Here

+Quote Post
vegita625
post Jan 8 2005, 12:31 PM
Post #49

Apprentice

Member No.: 1,949

QUOTE(blueices @ Jan 8 2005, 11:20 AM)
RIZA DOES NOT MISS

Bingo!!!
If Riza was apologizing for anything, it was for not getting to the scene sooner

Archer got there, aimed the gun at Roy, Riza gets there, and Archer's blocking Riza's view of Roy entirely. This is what we see in that scene. Even if Riza missed (yea, right), she couldn't have hit Roy. Riza shoots, Archer stands there for a second, then falls, revealing an already unconscious Roy. Roy was already shot before Riza could do anything, therefore Riza feels bad that she didn't get there before he was shot. Beyond that, if it's a fanfic, it's all someone's imagination what that all resulted after that.

--------------------

This sig pic is too wide for our board
<The Max size for sig on our board is 500 pix wide x 300 pix. :)>

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Jan 8 2005, 12:48 PM
Post #50

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

It seems unlikely but whoever wrote that fic was pretty convicable although I still believe Archer hit his eyes.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
LadyNorthstar
post Jan 11 2005, 01:43 PM
Post #51

Citizen

Member No.: 5,171

First: Hello to everybody! i'm a new member! ^^

Second:
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

third:
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

please, write the answer like you are talking with a child of 6 years, i'm not english and my knowledge of english is very low.... - - sowe! sad.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
tara_mon
post Jan 13 2005, 08:12 AM
Post #52

Citizen

Member No.: 4,653

QUOTE(vegita625 @ Jan 8 2005, 12:31 PM)
RIZA DOES NOT MISS

Bingo!!!

Archer got there, aimed the gun at Roy, Riza gets there, and Archer's blocking Riza's view of Roy entirely. This is what we see in that scene. Even if Riza missed (yea, right), she couldn't have hit Roy. Riza shoots, Archer stands there for a second, then falls, revealing an already unconscious Roy. Roy was already shot before Riza could do anything, therefore Riza feels bad that she didn't get there before he was shot. Beyond that, if it's a fanfic, it's all someone's imagination what that all resulted after that.

yeah... ur right... it's not riza if her shot missed laugh.gif

the writer of the fanfic added an author's note about his/her opinion about this and explained the reason...

+Quote Post
kitsune911
post Jan 30 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #53

Citizen

Member No.: 6,750

does anyone find irony in the fact that Roy was shot in the eye and will wear an eyepatch like the old fuhrer whose position he is about to take. what is with fuhrers and eyepatches in this show.

--------------------
Gotta Keep It Together

+Quote Post
phoenix dying
post Jan 30 2005, 08:38 PM
Post #54

Brigadier General

Member No.: 4,695

Its on the same eye too...right?

--------------------

Drinking women, chasing whiskey

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jan 30 2005, 09:49 PM
Post #55

Guests

Roy doesn't become fuhrer, because after the assasination of the old one, a parliment government was set up instead.. but yea, the eyepatch thing was ironic. i kinda wish they didn't shoot out roy's eye >.> or at least in the opposite one so it wouldn't be so similar to King Bradley. lol

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Jan 31 2005, 12:03 AM
Post #56

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

QUOTE(vegita625 @ Jan 8 2005, 11:31 AM)
RIZA DOES NOT MISS

Bingo!!!

[snapback]78570[/snapback]

exactly. i'm too lazy to check, but i believe when she's peeling the apple, she says "sakusei wa kanpeki deshita. nanoni watashi ga maniawanakatta tame ni...." which is "the plan was perfect. but, because i didn't make it there on time....sad.gif"

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Jan 31 2005, 03:56 AM
Post #57

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 511

He could've had a smaller eye-patch though....

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
Dark State
post Jan 31 2005, 06:31 PM
Post #58

Citizen

Member No.: 6,268

QUOTE(kitsune911 @ Jan 30 2005, 10:35 PM)
does anyone find irony in the fact that Roy was shot in the eye and will wear an eyepatch like the old fuhrer whose position he is about to take. what is with fuhrers and eyepatches in this show.
[snapback]102982[/snapback]

maybe it's supposed to represent equalivent trade in some way? An eye for the life? wink.gif it's a stretch, but there maybe something to it

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Merc
post Jan 31 2005, 08:40 PM
Post #59

Apprentice

Member No.: 5,161

The theory has been presented in a lot of post-series fanfics, but it's a highly doubtful one. vegita625 is pretty correct in that assumption. When I started reading the post-series fanfics that posed the theory that it was Riza's fault for Roy's eye, I couldn't help but be confused.

Riza may have been injured in the arm, but it wasn't her shooting arm, and there's no evidence that she missed Archer. Also, he had already AIMED his gun at Roy when the scene switches to Riza running towards the scene. A ricoche is out of the question since the angle would be impossible, the bullet would've had to have passed straight through Archer in order to get to Roy from where she was standing. And she stopped shooting before Archer even went down.

If you take into account the laws of Physics and, well, the laws of the universe in general, I don't see any way she could've hit him.

~Merc

--------------------
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

You can check out my portfolio web site at http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~jpiette
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
Guest_Lain as L337 M4573R as God_*
post Feb 4 2005, 06:01 PM
Post #60

Guests

I had a conversation just like this one about the origin of Roy's eye patch before. I'm sorry, but I never heard of a bullet hitting an eye and stopping. If the bullet is shot by a gun about fifty feet away and is traveling at 3000 feet per second it is not likely to decide "Oh, by the way, I've decided that your eye is a good stopping place." There'd have to be a hole bored through his eye and into his brain. This hole might even go all the way to the back of his head. In that case, Roy would have died, but since Roy isn't dead, this is not what likely happened. I think that Roy's eye got injured due to a projectile that came from the burning building hit his eye since burning buildings tend to collapse. That or his eye got scorched by flames.

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 06:27 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css