HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 27: Interlude Party - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 27 episodes!!
S.F. Thunder
post Oct 11 2009, 07:20 AM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,177

I won't judge this episode much until I've seen the subs, but too be honest I liked how it was done. Yes, I wish we had gotten right to the events from volume 14, but if they really felt they needed a recap episode then they could've done a lot worse. I'm really starting to like Hohenheim, so I liked that all of the new material of the episode was about him.

Though... I am a bit weirded out that he met Trisha when she was a little girl, what with him being an old(ish) man. x-o I never expected lolicon to be present in their relationship, but hey. They made Ed and Al, so however it happened, it's fine by me.

Pinako was cool, though I'm left wondering how she got so short. xD

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 11 2009, 07:23 AM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

QUOTE (S.F. Thunder @ Oct 11 2009, 03:20 PM) *
Though... I am a bit weirded out that he met Trisha when she was a little girl, what with him being an old(ish) man. x-o I never expected lolicon to be present in their relationship, but hey. They made Ed and Al, so however it happened, it's fine by me.

i loled at 'They made Ed and Al, so however it happened, it's fine by me.' ahahahaha xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Oct 11 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

Seeing as I had just seen the OP (and I can wait to see the ED), I may just skip this episode. I've seen enough recap episodes from Naruto, and I'd rather not see this one.
Can't wait for next week!

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Oct 11 2009, 08:10 AM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

Sigh, so it looks like I got my hopes up for absolutely nothing at all. I highly doubt that I'll end up watching the entirety of the episode now if it is just one giant recap; I'll probably just fast-forward. Hohenheim happens to be of my favorite characters in the manga, and I believe that BONES could have done so much more to create a "back-story" for him in the episode. While I am glad to hear that we catch a glimpse of a young Pinako and an even younger Trisha interacting with Hohenheim, I had originally thought that this episode would center more around Hohenheim's past and perhaps include some scenes of his early life with Trisha and his two sons. I am with Kasumisty on this one, that I would have liked to see a more concrete flashback like the "Elric family" gaiden where Hohenheim teaches a very little and stubborn Ed a lesson about life. Personally, I think that would have been a great deal more meaningful and a lot less vapid than spending practically 80% of the episode with fillers. However, I do like how Hohenehiem is drinking a bottle of "Stray Dog" brand beer- definitely a cute reference to Arakawa-sensei's early works.

--------------------

+Quote Post
shiroe
post Oct 11 2009, 08:59 AM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 71,291

QUOTE (S.F. Thunder @ Oct 11 2009, 09:20 PM) *

Uh, you're not supposed to take things happening in a dream as truth, you know. I don't remember how or when they met in the manga, but I'm pretty sure it's not when she's a loli.

+Quote Post
Seeker of Truth
post Oct 11 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 28,876

"Be sure to drink your Stray Dog! Stray Dog? A crummy commercial? Son of a ...!" I wanna know how Van has dreams about stuff he could not know about! wink.gif

Only thing I have issue with was Ed having the broken arm in the OP, now it will be that way for the rest of its run. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post Oct 11 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #37

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

Pointless episode, saved by a bit more creativity (Hohenheim and younger Pinako) in how it was told and some sweet animation.

When the people dancing around the fire exploded and their blood? splashed on the kids' faces, I immediately thought of Happy Tree Friends. biggrin.gif

Bones should remember that having been raised on Naruto and Bleach recaps, there is no way people would even consider watching a single recap from FMA. I still prefer this over the Majihal and disease village and Psiren and other elric brothers from FMA 1.

Mainly looking forward to next episode, though.

+Quote Post
Irena
post Oct 11 2009, 11:02 AM
Post #38

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,592

-I kinda liked the new opening (Briggs gang yay!)
- I love the "Stray Dog" on the bottle - great little reference there xD
- Filler episode -____-
- Less recap, more Elric/Hoho backstory would have been good.
- The ending was kinda cute (at least it was better than the Motherland one from the old series)

Oh well. This episode wasn't that great but at least next time we'll be getting back to the main story. In a couple more weeks we should get the whole Roy/Riza Ishval flashback - I really hope it's done well. B|

+Quote Post
Kaleidoscope
post Oct 11 2009, 12:09 PM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 71,379

Not thrilled about the recap, but maybe they did it not just to catch people up, but because of budget?

Recap eps are a great way for a studio to make money, the can just use old animation instead of having to pay for new. If they can save money this way, that's fine by me, hopefully it'll mean that we have lots of good quality animation in future episodes. (I've been kind of afraid brotherhood will suffer budget cuts, considering it's not been doing as well as expected in terms of ratings.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Oct 11 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

Watching the episode for the second time I find Hohenheim's dream very creepy and climatic. The party was sort of mysterious and kinda scared me (wtf, people explosing and gushing the blood on children o_o - if I had such dream, I think I would got a stroke). That young girl was Trisha and I don't find anything sick in it - it's not that Hohenheim was thinking about making children with her THEN. The whole conversation about humans being weak was nice, I don't think it was included in the manga? Oh, and then Trisha in the same cap as in "Again" and Edward and Alphonse...This moment was done beautifully with petals dropping from the sky, the green hills and swans flying by. I got mesmerized. For the rest parts of episode...they really could do something else. Like GAIDENS. Well, Hohenheim's arc fix the episode a little, so I'm giving it 4/10.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Oct 11 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #41

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

Nice new opening!!! biggrin.gif I loved seeing Olivia and the future Kimblee!!! Awesome!

But hey, was this the last episode of the season??? Is that why it was a clip show???

Or will there be a new episode next week???

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
crazyanimefan
post Oct 11 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #42

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,696

Spoilertastic new OP. I like it, but I think Again is still my fave.

Overall, the new ep was boring. It had some creativity in it (Hoho and young Pinako, Hoho and Trisha (which also ended up being my favorite part)), but otherwise it was overall dull. I watched the OP, forwarded to curious parts, watched the ED, and feel as though I've missed nothing. Ah well, there's always next week.

ED was not the best. Day in the life of Winry, I guess. The RanFan part was the best though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Oct 11 2009, 09:41 PM
Post #43

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

The only good parts in the OP were the ones with Olivia and co. IMHO

Havent watched the ED yet, not sure if I want to.

And I'm not going to bother with the episode since it's a recap or something right?

Optimism, GO!

--------------------

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post Oct 11 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #44

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

I think Bones studio just needs to recharge their awesome juice, especially after the last episode!

Holy crap, I forgot there would be a new opening and ending! Ed looks gorgeous in the flower field! Hooray for the black shirt! drool.gif
All the new people get animated! *Does celebratory dance* They look very similar to the manga, good job Bones. Kimbley looks awesomely creepily animated.

I wasn't really expecting a recap episode, but it flowed pretty well, and connected things together. (Not that we needed an actual episode for that.) Am I the only one who found it kind of fun to watch all the important moments together? It points to the greater truth that only manga readers would know wink.gif It also strived to compare humans, and homunculus, showing the great strength of humans. It's also interesting, because at this point, if you hadn't read the manga you don't know that Hohenheim and Father are two different people so he seems to have multiple personalities! O_o

Other thoughts:
-Hohenheim's dreams are about as creepy as Ed's!
-Pinako was a pretty lady! happy.gif
-Playing the old ending along with some inspiring clips of the characters was a nice touch

The ending song I really like. (I was listening to it on Youtube before this episode came out.) I agree with everyone that it needs more Riza, Lan Fan, Mei and good dose of Olivier for that matter. Though I must admit Winry looks really pretty and peaceful (And totally in love) despite the new issue of boobage... at least they look real. Compared to the other Winry ending of doom that is...

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Oct 11 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #45

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

...Honestly, this episode was completely and utterly pointless. They could've done one of the omakes or something but why was it necessary to recap everything? I dunno, I was just severely disappointed this week. They would've been better off keeping everything on track instead of stuffing this in.

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 10:02 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css