HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Miss MP
post Nov 9 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #19051

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,722

Desperation is exactly what I see in Roy, too! And as horrible as this may sound, it is nice to see him reaction so intensely over this, which I think simply lends more credibility to the relationship in general. We have seen him angry and raging [regarding Hughes] and calm as a cucumber. But this desperation garners support on his side of it.

Wonder how many of us also haunt Naruto Forums.

--------------------
Fanfiction |FictionPress
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
alchemistpower
post Nov 9 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #19052

Citizen

Member No.: 47,494

I can't seriously wait t'ill it gets animated...

Who celebrates Royai day? (July 13 if i'm not correct please correct me biggrin.gif)

I wonder what happens in chapter 102. The Lunar Elclipse :/

--------------------
"Just because i want to be loved doesn't mean i want to love"

+Quote Post
Lt. Misha Mustan...
post Nov 9 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #19053

Apprentice

Member No.: 29,573

Uhh There's a royai day? I didnt know that....

Maybe there's some people that are from the Naruto fourms but the Royai club there is so dead. =[

--------------------

Royai <33
Don't own sig or avy
Don't call me small! I'll break down your feet and stick them on your head! -Ed

+Quote Post
paca
post Nov 9 2009, 08:26 PM
Post #19054

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 34,936

Awesome chapters as always biggrin.gif

the relationship, Subtel? maybe we should change it to natural~~~8D
hahahaha

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>chapter 101 and was is going arround there and here <333

Comunication- yes, acts are better than words!!! don't deny it xDDDD
I think the glare, was more than "I will kill you" ˝_˝... looking away from him, as if she couldn't stand , alchemy doing that to many and "letting her go on", as she was seeing someone else getting lost in alchemy an insanity.... as looking back, maybe to her "own back"

people saying "it can't be!, why arakawaaa~~"
ok, so are you reading the same mana Ir ead or not??? xDDDDD
1st many are really close/fond or however you want to call it to the first anime >_> and that explains many things
2nd in every manga something happens more clearly, like :the author took a desicion, and 50% are really really happy, and 50% say she/he is totally out of her/his story !!

Arakawa said "I have Roy's groups destiny planed~~~~~~~~~" *insert mystical voice* , so this is not out of nowhere!
Mai saving her, to simple for you? Is not all for simple reasons, aren't all simple facts, one simple fact after another... they say it constantly.
The idea of Roy never choosing by his own? I don't think so. Why? Because he is always picking up his option, in fact with Envy, all try and it's just a "coinsidence" that he stops, Riza wasn't looking to stop him with those lines... And now under there, Riza is the one who protects him, she decided it maybe the very moment she goes to the same place he is, so can she let him open the gate to save her... she is like refusing his help, do it and I will hate you~~
And the idea he needs people? of course! It's been said by him, and others many many times >_>

Bradly had to apper (was a must!) he had said "I will make him open the door~~~~" now he needed to fix the fact that he didn't kill Roy to use him and now it is all usless...

QUOTE (Miss MP @ Nov 10 2009, 12:47 AM) *
Desperation is exactly what I see in Roy, too! And as horrible as this may sound, it is nice to see him reaction so intensely over this, which I think simply lends more credibility to the relationship in general. We have seen him angry and raging [regarding Hughes] and calm as a cucumber. But this desperation garners support on his side of it.

Wonder how many of us also haunt Naruto Forums.

Lust would have loved to see those desesperated eyes xDD

Now , Roy the 5th
Salim opened the door?
Is the doctor the body, the payment?Or the one which is going to be transmutated?
Roy's blood is in the circle thanks to Bradly...Which will be the payment if they have forced him into the door? or are they going to see father?

--------------------
......if you continue to wish with that strength, the dream will become reality.........

+Quote Post
Kaori Ayanami
post Nov 9 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #19055

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,575

QUOTE (Irena @ Nov 10 2009, 02:30 AM) *
OMG YES xD That totally fits. Riza's GLARE = "you so much as think about human transmutation and I will KILL you SO HARD you will DIE TO DEATH."

"Royai telepathy, conveniently awaaake!" XDDD
(Had to say so).

Who knows... Maybe it will be omake's material. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
spectator
post Nov 9 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #19056

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

After Roy said: "you eyes said 'do it and I'll kill you'.", it was like the smile Riza had implies 'you do know your position, don't you?'

I guess Roy does know that he will die horribly if he ever open the gate. The hawk's glare is far worst than death. laugh.gif

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
Miss MP
post Nov 9 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #19057

Citizen

Well, we all know Hawkeye wears the pants in the relationship. This is evidence. =P

--------------------
Fanfiction |FictionPress

+Quote Post
Irena
post Nov 9 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #19058

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,592

QUOTE (Miss MP @ Nov 9 2009, 09:06 PM) *
Well, we all know Hawkeye wears the pants in the relationship. This is evidence. =P

Riza wears the pants, therefore she won't wear the miniskirt. (Looks like you're outta luck, Roy.)

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Nov 9 2009, 11:54 PM
Post #19059

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

I'm actually with archronos(i believe it was) on the real eye signal being her telling him there was help above, in the panel

glare he's talking about is here the "do it and I'll beat you" one, then the eye signal is here ...yeah, she's looking up to the hole above Goldie's head, where their allies are in waiting.

Also, Roy tells Goldie "That's why the rug is being pulled out from under your feet." which makes me wonder why he would say that if he didn't know what was coming

I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that Roy could see what Riza was signaling from his view point, because he has to look up at Goldie when he's talking to him, and though Goldie did very much need Roy's lecture, it was a great distraction technique.

Anyway, just the fact that they can communicate like that from across a room when put in a high duress situation proves how close they are romantically or not based on one's own interpretation

The I've been ordered not to die line was great.

@alchemistpower - July 11th, in my sig there's a link to our archive of awesome for the 2009 festival

@The_Twilight_Trinity - Yes, those lines are quite the indicators for their family knowing...in fact, it reminds me of the kind of remarks my family would make in a situation where a relationship/feelings are being kept quite low on the radar

--------------------

+Quote Post
angelofsarcasm89
post Nov 10 2009, 02:39 AM
Post #19060

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,605

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD.

SHE'S ALIVE AND WE GOT A HUG AND IN THIS MANGA THAT'S PRACTICALLY A CONFESSIONS OF TRUE LOVE.

*deep breath*

As for the people jumping on the "THEY'RE TOTALLY JUST FRIENDS" bandwagon, I'd like to point out the way he was holding her the whole time. That's more than just a "I'm just holding onto you so that you don't fall down" pose. It's an "I'm going to hold you like this so that if something else happens, I will automatically pull you into myself and turn away to shield you from whatever it is" pose.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Nov 10 2009, 02:45 AM
Post #19061

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

QUOTE (BirdieNumNum @ Nov 10 2009, 01:28 AM) *
Yet I've been seeing some negativity concerning Royai in various forums I've seen.

People are starting to say that Mustang and Hawkeye are just friends, and their relationship is purely platonic.

It COULD be platonic, that's the thing. As much as I like the pairing, I view it as objectively as possible and try not to see it how I want to see it.

It's hard to say for sure what kind of relationship they have when it's so subtle, and I can see why people have said what they've said. I mean, she wants to protect him so she probably does love him, but in what way? I honestly think it could be purely as friends, although it could be something more. I'd rather it was the latter. wink.gif

That said, it's not exactly the typical circumstance for a romantic relationship. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but often when people look out for each other as much as these two do, that can surpass the need for a romantic relationship.

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Nov 10 2009, 07:10 AM
Post #19062

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

I'm with you on this (and with JEELE). Though I can't see any other explanation than being in love for Riza, there's still slight possibility that Roy sees Riza only as his friend, supporter and guardian of his soul and sanity. BUT his emotions always run high when somebody of his people is injured (we've seen it with Havoc) and considering Riza's been his friend and supporter for years and he feels morally obliged to protect her plus he feels guilty that he was the reason she joined military... it still could be just platonic relationship.

On the other hand it's hard for me to see the pros and cons since I've been shipping them since the dark ages of anime1 wink.gif

But then again, what I've described this far can be called love. *shrugs* but not necessarily romantic love.

*hides in a corner and awaits to be shot*

+Quote Post
Miss MP
post Nov 10 2009, 07:16 AM
Post #19063

Citizen

She was mentioned as something akin to "precious woman" [I am new to Japanese, so the RAW takes time to get through; most scanlations have the line]. I simply find it silly that people would downplay it and blatantly ignore the context in which it was portrayed. No, this does not indicate that they WILL be together, because I do not think it is the style the author would try; this dynamic has been there for a long time.

Frankly, if this moment occured in any pairing, it would be difficult to deny the connection between them. This, on top of several other telling moments, is obvious.

And again, mentioned as his lover [or something similiar]. The author isn't one to toss out misleading instances regarding her pairings, so I do not see the reason why these implications should be taken as anything less than the context the words imply.

--------------------
Fanfiction |FictionPress

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Nov 10 2009, 07:44 AM
Post #19064

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

QUOTE (Miss MP @ Nov 10 2009, 03:16 PM) *
She was mentioned as something akin to "precious woman"
And again, mentioned as his lover [or something similiar].

Yes, she IS precious woman for Roy. But I refuse to take for a proof of their love just a fact that Dr. Goldtooth says she's Roy's lover. What does HE know? (OK, maybe I don't want to know...)

You see my point? I don't say Roy and Riza don't have feelings for each other but just a line from ol' good Goldtooth doesn't prove a thing.

Again, sorry if this sounds the wrong way, I read the raw about five times and watched the preview pictures for a whole day and was as excited as anybode else here. laugh.gif I didn't scream but I certainly grinned like an idiot the whole weekend.

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Nov 10 2009, 07:47 AM
Post #19065

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Well, I might say that, if a person still think they're not cannon... than they're not very familiar with Arakawa's work, because that's exactly the way she puts couples in her mangas. Unless they're married, like Sig and Izumi, the relationships are always very... natural, as was well putted.

Arakawa is very subtle in everything she does and you always need to pay attention to how she puts things to understand the dynamics between the characters. So, she'll not just put up and explain everything just plain and simple, just because 'that's not like people act in real life'! It sounds false, just like "Now, I'm going to use this technique with you!' as many mangas do.

But people are right in one thing: it doesn't mean they ARE a couple. I just that it makes clear that they are in love with eachother, but not that they're together. There's a big difference between the two.

But, since there's no need for an ACTUAL relationship for it to become cannon, only that both are 'in love', I guess it does make them cannon beyond doubt.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, G÷ethe

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 03:05 PM

Copyright ę2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css