HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
heartwing713
post Jan 22 2011, 02:47 PM
Post #22201

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,431

I pretty much agree with what's been said so far. I'd love to see a conversation between a drunk Riza and a sober Roy for some reason...

I do think she'd be pretty high functioning. I can see her acting just a bit drunker than she really is, letting loose and all, but then being able to snap back when she wants to. I really see her more as a glass of wine with a good book type than a party drunk, though I can imagine her drinking with Roy and the guys, too.

Roy, on the other hand... I can see him playing beer pong.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jan 22 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #22202

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

The stereotype that Riza is a 'tomboy' or 'unfeminine' stems 100% from anime 1's portrayal of her, IMO. We never saw her softer side like we did in the manga - that side that shows her calm kindness and sincere concern from others - and didn't even get to see her out of her uniform until the last minutes of the show, if I remember correctly. No wonder she got such an incorrect reputation! Plus, as strange as this may sound, I think that some of the other female characters in the FMA manga almost serve as very subtle foils to her and bring out the more feminine side as well. I mean, the anime 1 fans didn't have an Olivia Armstrong to set Riza beside, after all! The great thing about Riza is that she's tough, she's strong, and she's determined, but still feminine, which goes to show that she's doesn't have to be masculine to be strong or brave, which a lot of shounen mangas tend to say...

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
heartwing713
post Jan 22 2011, 10:33 PM
Post #22203

Citizen

Member No.: 71,431

I completely agree with you. Yay for Riza's softer side! This is yet another example of Arakawa-San's brilliant character development. No flat personalities in FMA, and Hawkeye is no exception. Hopefully we'll get to see more of her (and Roy too of course) in the new movie!

--------------------

+Quote Post
GhyZe
post Jan 22 2011, 11:09 PM
Post #22204

Citizen

Member No.: 76,708

Yeah, you're right. She can shows her kindness and her strong side at the right timing.
She's perfect as a woman ..... laugh.gif
I think.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SamusTheHunter
post Jan 23 2011, 12:23 AM
Post #22205

Citizen

Member No.: 76,921

Well I agree with the drunk Hawkeye post(see above)!!!! But what i really wanna see is like...(and since you were talking about Riza's soft side) is her have this sudden dream where Roy gets killed and no one tells her and she doesnt see him that day at the office so she gets freaked out and goes and finds him at his house (and hes really just sick) but she stays with him and ends up crying JUST A LITTLE over it.

(Series Final Spoiler Warning! Spoilers that suggest Series Final content below!!)
Another one ive had in my mind is both of them already together after the series(manga) has ended and Roys been promoted up to Fuherer(sp. yes dont yell at me im aware of his rank at the end) And ROY has the nightmare and its like Hughes is in front of him getting shot but he cant move and then Riza is there and she trys to save Hughes but he Envy shoots her too. And in the dream Roy cant do anything so he wakes up in cold sweat and is sitting up freaking out. Well Riza slept through that so he gets up and goes down stairs (why the Fueher mansion has a downstairs idk) and is trying to calm down but he eventually keeps getting mad and is almost in a trance and he starts throwing books around. This wakes up Riza and she goes down to him and its pure fluff. I dunno those were random...

+Quote Post
Reverine Methern...
post Jan 24 2011, 05:59 PM
Post #22206

Citizen

Member No.: 75,885

SamusTheHunter- that would be really cute! and sad at the same time smile.gif Good brainstorm idea! X3

--------------------
Life isnt about waiting for the rain to pass,
its about learning to dance in the rain

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Jan 24 2011, 07:45 PM
Post #22207

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Jan 22 2011, 10:18 PM) *
The stereotype that Riza is a 'tomboy' or 'unfeminine' stems 100% from anime 1's portrayal of her, IMO. We never saw her softer side like we did in the manga - that side that shows her calm kindness and sincere concern from others - and didn't even get to see her out of her uniform until the last minutes of the show, if I remember correctly. No wonder she got such an incorrect reputation! Plus, as strange as this may sound, I think that some of the other female characters in the FMA manga almost serve as very subtle foils to her and bring out the more feminine side as well. I mean, the anime 1 fans didn't have an Olivia Armstrong to set Riza beside, after all! The great thing about Riza is that she's tough, she's strong, and she's determined, but still feminine, which goes to show that she's doesn't have to be masculine to be strong or brave, which a lot of shounen mangas tend to say...

This is beautiful. wub.gif
You've increased my respect for Riza Hawkeye by 110%.

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jan 24 2011, 08:25 PM
Post #22208

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (rosieechan @ Jan 25 2011, 12:45 AM) *
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Jan 22 2011, 10:18 PM) *

This is beautiful. wub.gif
You've increased my respect for Riza Hawkeye by 110%.

She's absolutely right ^^ Riza is, probably, the best portray of "woman" in all Arakawa's work, alongside Rin Mei (from Juushin Enbu) and Henpukumaru (from Souten no Komori). They're woman who show all the great aspects to a female character: they have principles, are strong, but they're also caring, wise... Not entirely without sins, but always taking responsibility and, more than anything, always available to give support and advising, no excessive weakness or softness, but with no excessive of toughness as well.
It's no wonder Roy calls her "Queen", cause she sure acts like one. XD

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
GhyZe
post Jan 25 2011, 12:56 AM
Post #22209

Citizen

Member No.: 76,708

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jan 24 2011, 11:25 PM) *
She's absolutely right ^^ Riza is, probably, the best portray of "woman" in all Arakawa's work, alongside Rin Mei (from Juushin Enbu) and Henpukumaru (from Souten no Komori). They're woman who show all the great aspects to a female character: they have principles, are strong, but they're also caring, wise... Not entirely without sins, but always taking responsibility and, more than anything, always available to give support and advising, no excessive weakness or softness, but with no excessive of toughness as well.

Yes, she deserves it! Queen is absolutely perfect for her. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
~RizaMustang~
post Jan 25 2011, 02:13 AM
Post #22210

Citizen

Member No.: 76,771

geez, a lot of things happen in manga that are not seen in anime..

--------------------
"..there are somethings in life that can only be understood through words.

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jan 25 2011, 07:35 AM
Post #22211

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (~RizaMustang~ @ Jan 25 2011, 07:13 AM) *
geez, a lot of things happen in manga that are not seen in anime..

Are you reading the manga, now?

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Puka-chan
post Jan 25 2011, 08:32 AM
Post #22212

Citizen

Member No.: 77,068

Hey, I'm a newbie here and I love Royai *_*
It's like a drug or somethin' happy.gif
I really hope we get to see some Royai in FMA Chronicles smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jan 25 2011, 08:40 AM
Post #22213

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

More new people! Yay! Welcome SamusTheHunter, ~RizaMustang~, and Puka-chan! smile.gif

~RizaMustang~--Which anime did you watch? Both apply to that statement! biggrin.gif

And the recent Riza-as-queen statement just about killed me in the best way. Have I mentioned lately that I love this thread?

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Lisamustang
post Jan 25 2011, 10:23 AM
Post #22214

Citizen

Member No.: 76,243

Hello i'm new, i love royai since 4 years ago and it's one of my favorite things to think about lol
Roy is my man, i love him <3 and Riza is THE MAN Lol!! (in a good way, if u get what i mean biggrin.gif)
I'm Rinoascully's friend but she probably doesnt know im here haha biggrin.gif

Nice to meet ya guys biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Jan 25 2011, 10:37 AM
Post #22215

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jan 24 2011, 10:25 PM) *

Heck, all of the females in FMA are just so amazing. You don't find females like them in other anime/manga. ^^

But...I've been more into Royai recently...it's weird, because I've never actually listed them as one of my "top" relationships (it's always been EdWin and AlMei 8D), but I've grown a stronger liking to them just by watching the scenes portraying their relationship. It's very sweet. :3

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 08:56 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css