HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 11: Miracle At Rush Valley - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, Spoilers for contents of ep 1 through ep 11
Tombow
post Jun 13 2009, 12:09 PM
Post #1

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Talk-back/content discussion for English dubbed episode on Adult Swim starts on page 4. smile.gif

Please post the discussions on the content of episode 11 here.
This thread is declared as a Spoiler zone for the content of the first 11 episodes.

* Where to watch this episode

* HD Screen caps of this episode to be posted on this link address later

* Episode Preview from FMA-2 official JP site:
(Translation by Tombow, episode title is from official sub on Funimation.com)
Episode 11: "Miracle at Rush Valley"
To realize Winry's long-time dream, Ed and Al take Winry to visit Rush Valley, a place considered as a mecca by automail mechanics. But, as soon as they arrive there, Ed's State Alchemist's watch gets stolen by a girl with automails for both of her legs. Eventually, they meet the girl who stole Ed's watch, Paninya, the mechanic who created her automails, Dominique, and his family. Seeing his superior skills as an automail mechanic, Winry asks Dominique to take her in as his apprentice. Meantime, Dominique's son's pregnant wife, Satilla, starts her labor....

Reminder:
For those who had seen the first series of FMA anime, and/or read FMA manga, you can probably guess what's coming next. HOWEVER, please remember that there are some who have not seen FMA-1, nor read managa. I know many of you would like to talk about "the upcoming episode." If you do, please USE PROPER SPOILERS, so that those who have no idea for the future story would not be spoiled. THANK YOU!!! smile.gif

=======================================

Episode Summary: (To be filled)

Characters in this episode: (To be filled)

Locations: (excluding review and preview scenes, to be filled)

Sound Track info for this episode that's known to us so far: (To be filled)

FMA manga reference: To the readers of FMA manga (To be filled)

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jun 14 2009, 02:00 AM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,594

They skipped the Paninya - Ed chasing scene in the first part of the episode, but then they compensated it with the beautiful 'giving birth to the baby' scene... really, it was touching. Especially at how realistic they managed to do it. And the Ed-Winry scenes were so cute.
As much as I thought I wouldn't have enjoyed the Rush Valley ep that much, they proved me wrong tongue.gif

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 14 2009, 02:09 AM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Initial thoughts:

- Well... uh... that was... fast. Jeez, I never liked the Rush Valley chapters, but I actually found myself going, "Uh, what the hell? The're really going to go at this that fast?" I almost felt bad for being happy all week this arc was only going to take one episode!

- One of the reasons I thought the Rush Valley chapters were awful was because the fight with Edward and Paninya went on a lot longer than it should have. Here? Not long enough! Am I too difficult to please? Maybe.

- They saved all the great animation for this episode? Really? Why?

- At least the Winry delivery portion was kept pretty well intact.

- Greed on a wanted poster! Awesome.

I foresee much rage on this episode, given its hasty treatment of Rush Valley. I, on the other hand, couldn't care less, since Izumi is next and Greed is soon.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jun 14 2009, 02:50 AM
Post #4

Some screenshots from the curious Curiosity blog:

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009/06/14...brotherhood-11/

--------------------

Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Jun 14 2009, 03:05 AM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

Darn. That was an example of the WORST PACED EPISODE all the time. They've cut SO MUCH. Not one scene, not two, but several! Most events didn't make sense at all, because they're placed so randomly. The arm-wrestling scene, the collector's shop, the battle at the roofs of Rush Valley - why didn't they kept it and instead made one, chaotic episode that can't be logically understood! Even the important scene with fallen bridge! Come on! Character developement was here! The birth scene was allright though, a lot of drama here....The animation was allright as well, but they did a lot of SD, and not from manga what's more.

Damn! Why did they return to alchemy introduction and summaries?! They're completely UNECCESSARY!

Ehm...ok, as I said. This was bad. Very bad. Even if it had some fine and cute scenes (Al and Ed hugging each other from fear and touching the belly, ftw), nothing can fix what the creators have done with it. I give if 3/10. "Such a shame" -Kimblee

And they keep playing the same background themes sleep.gif

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jun 14 2009, 03:11 AM
Post #6

In fact they totally could have skipped the alchemy intro and the summary of the previous ep at the beginning, and fitted in something else.

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 14 2009, 03:17 AM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

They also almost ruined the scene with Winry crying "because you two won't cry!" with that awful instrumental version of that one piece.

Or as I've called it, the "Italian resteraunt" track. It's hard to take Winry seriously when it sounds like she should be asking for the pesto.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 14 2009, 03:35 AM
Post #8

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

I haven't watched it yet but they skipped the bridge scene? Not Happy! dry.gif

Of course I won't judge the rest of the episode until I actually see it but that definitely will remove some points for me.

+Quote Post
Zii
post Jun 14 2009, 04:53 AM
Post #9

Citizen

Member No.: 10,818

Why did they leave out so much of the content? ;A; I really hope they cut it out (ahaha) by the time we get to the really new stuff... basically everything including/after Greed, I think. If they keep going with this pacing they will ruin it.
I'm just bitter because I wanted to see the arm wrestle scene again. ;D

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jun 14 2009, 05:05 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (Zii @ Jun 14 2009, 01:53 PM) *
Why did they leave out so much of the content? ;A; I really hope they cut it out (ahaha) by the time we get to the really new stuff... basically everything including/after Greed, I think. If they keep going with this pacing they will ruin it.
I'm just bitter because I wanted to see the arm wrestle scene again. ;D

They're rushing this part, I suppose, on purpose to get to the new stuff asap... we knew that these would have been rushed as soon as we saw the episode titles of the forthcoming eps.

I will be in rage mode only if they mess/rush up the newly animated stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jun 14 2009, 05:42 AM
Post #11

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

I guessed they would be cuttung out a fair deal. If they'd done two episodes it would have dragged it out too much. As long as they have the key moments that will be referred to later, i.e The Winry/Scar/gun moment where Ed mentions her helping deliver a baby. It's a shame to skop these moments out but they couldn't have squeezed all of them in and they aren't important enough to eat up two episodes.

In saying that I haven't seen it yet, I just don't mind about reading the episode before I see it. The screencaps look good though, a lighter episode in comparison to the one before.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 14 2009, 06:27 AM
Post #12

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

Wow. Just looking at the sceencaps, I can tell that this is gonna be an BEAUTIFUL episode in HD. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Jun 14 2009, 06:44 AM
Post #13

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

OMG screencaps are AMAZING!! I can't wait to see this episode! And they didn't keep out the EdxWin scenes! HOORAY!!! <333

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 14 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

This is the first time in FMA that I've actually wondered, "How on earth are they going to traslate that if it's released dubbed in America?

Ed: *panting* O.... ma....
Winry: *horse crawls across the screen* Oma?

I wonder what they're gonna do? Any thoughts? :/

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
xXdark_angel_nek...
post Jun 14 2009, 10:20 AM
Post #15

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,808

wow the screenshots are so cool. so can't wait ontill eclipse puts up the subbed version of the ep so i can download it.

--------------------

Sometimes...... some memories ain't meant to leave traces. ~Alphonse Elric

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 10:23 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css