Reply to this topicStart new topic
Meeting Vic Mignogna, Post your encounter with Vic Mignogna here. ^^
Nepharski
post Jul 20 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,257

Recently I have managed to procure a one-day pass AND transportation, however far we may have to travel, to the famed Comic Con, where it has been hinted at that Vic Mignogna, voice of Edward Elric, will be presiding for autographs and handshakes, this very Friday. My mission, which I have chosen to accept, is to find him and obtain both of these fabled things. Whatever else may dwell within the confines to the daily events must take a backseat to this glorious undertaking.

Secondary objectives include tallying how many people think I'm "From" something.

Wish me luck.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vash_the_Gunslin...
post Jul 20 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #2

Major General

Member No.: 33,355

Luck with that

+Quote Post
puppet.alchemist
post Jul 20 2006, 11:54 PM
Post #3

Citizen

Member No.: 37,338

Good luck!
I hope you find that guy in a busy comic con... sleep.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

Please don't hurt Ed, love him instead!

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Jul 21 2006, 04:24 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 38,435

Wow, good luck with that! happy.gif That's really awesome, getting to meet Vic in person, not to mention getting an autograph and a handshake from him.

I'd sure wish I was in your shoes! XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Jul 21 2006, 08:30 AM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

Best wishes Nepharski. I hope that you have a great time at Comic Con. I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Vic at Otakon 2005 and he seemed like a really nice man. It was also a great experience to get to watch them do the dub for episode twenty-seven. I hope that you do not run into any crazed fangirls...they are most certainly frightening.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Petalchaser
post Jul 21 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #6

Citizen

Member No.: 30,031

...so... maybe we can trade places ne? *grin*

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~IPB Image~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~IPB Image~~~~~~~
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your
hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste
this in your signature.
Golden Twilight Forum Profile ~ MydKnight
My icon Community (Mostly FMA)
my Deviantart ~ Talamasca-Lynz
click it - you know you want to!

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Jul 21 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #7

Thank you, my friends and comrades. I have returned victorious! I found where the signing was to take place just in time to get a good spot in line, and there he was. Shook his hand (twice), got four promo posters signed and the front page of the FMA Manga's Profiles, and even a photo (Disposable camera, not digial, so don't expect to see the prints any time soon).

Very nice guy. Polite and everything.

Anyone have any FMA related questions concerning the Con?

--------------------
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

+Quote Post
AMAG_Chic
post Jul 22 2006, 03:53 AM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 35,734

I think that it was awesome that you got a chance to meet the man behind your favorite character, Edward Elric, and I bet you had a wonderful time just being at the Comic Con. I actually have a oppurtunity to meet Vic Mignonga and Travis Willingham myself, since they're coming to an convention that is held near where I live. I almost decided to go, but it just wouldn't be the right time, for my life will not allow it. I hope to see them in the future though. ^.^

Anyways, whenever you get the chance to develop those pictures, make sure to post them. Also, what did he say?

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Jul 22 2006, 05:48 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 38,435

So...what was it like being with Vic? biggrin.gif Did he tell you anything about his experiences as a voice actor, especially on FMA? I'm sure you had a great time, and I'm happy for you...if also a little envious. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Jul 22 2006, 12:28 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Amethyst Sunset @ Jul 22 2006, 05:48 AM) [snapback]424433[/snapback]

So...what was it like being with Vic? biggrin.gif Did he tell you anything about his experiences as a voice actor, especially on FMA? I'm sure you had a great time, and I'm happy for you...if also a little envious. XD

Actually, I didn't have a lot of time to talk. See, there was an mob of people lined to to see him and Aaron, so we didn't exactly get to take five and tea, you know? Still, he was really polite and enthusiastic. He'd made jokes with a lot of the people in line. He asked my name and when I told him, he signed one of my things "Thanks Andrew." Very amiable.

I'll see if I can scan some of the signatures later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PUKE
post Jul 22 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #11

Alchemists

Member No.: 29,713

Vic certainly sounds like a pleasant person from what I hear from him. My friends got to meet him in person, so they also told me their experiences.

Although I prefer Romi Paku's job on Edo, I wouldn't mind meeting him. :) Hopefully he'll be at Oni-con.

--------------------
[:.Links.:]

DeviantART
[visit and critique my gallery! :D]
Encyclopedia Dramatica
[an awesome site that you should visit for the lulz. Warning: not for pansies.]

Believe it!!!

"Ich durfte keine Nippel lecken
und keine Falte zum Verstecken
niemand gab mir einen Namen
gezeugt in Hast und ohne Samen

Der Mutter die mich nie geboren
hab ich heute Nacht geschworen
ich werd ihr eine Krankheit schenken
und sie danach im Fluss versenken"
- Rammstein (Mutter)

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Jul 22 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #12

I am glad that you had such a great time at the convention Nepharski. I'm happy that you got to meet Vic and not only get autographs but pictures as well. I still have my Conqueror of Shambala poster that he signed "Not a Shrimp."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Jul 22 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Edamame @ Jul 22 2006, 02:52 PM) [snapback]424594[/snapback]

I am glad that you had such a great time at the convention Nepharski. I'm happy that you got to meet Vic and not only get autographs but pictures as well. I still have my Conqueror of Shambala poster that he signed "Not a Shrimp."

Ha ha ha. Some of us in line were planning on telling that he's "Not as short as he sounds," but I forget to mention it. On the plus side, I got Vic (and Aaron) to sign a lot of things. Everyone in line was allowed up to five signatures. A guy in front of me had five volumes of the Manga under his arm. FMA was widespread around the Con, so there were four different locations to get free FMA posters from the series and the movie. I got all four, so he signed all four.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Jul 23 2006, 01:54 PM
Post #14

That's great that they were giving out free poster. At Otakon you have to pay for everything. I rather like my movie poster even though I cannot seem to find it anywhere else.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Jul 23 2006, 02:01 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Edamame @ Jul 23 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]424893[/snapback]

That's great that they were giving out free poster. At Otakon you have to pay for everything.

That sucks. You really should come to the Comic Con one of these years. They know the true value of "Freebies." You get all kinds of crazy stuff just for walking through the doors.

Oh, and one other nifty feature I forgot to mention: Funimation had a huge area set aside for the Conqueror movie, and they played different clips from the English translation, as well as an video interview with plenty of VA cast members from the series.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 07:02 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css