HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Which Group Do You Root For? *spoilers*, Please read the first post before voting.
Rating 5 V
Who are you rooting for? Please pick only one group
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 203
Guests cannot vote 
Colette
post Sep 26 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #1

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,366

Rooting for doesn't really mean who you want to live happily ever after in the end. Just the group you like the most. This really is a manga based poll, but it has anime aspects too. I looked for a thread like this, but not very hard...

The Elrics include: The Elrics, Rockbells, Curtis family, ect. It does not include Roy and co.

The military includes: The military, durrr. Doesn't include Ed despite his title. Marcoh isn't in it either, or Kimbley. It also includes a certain spoiler that I'm sure you can guess without my saying.

The Homunculi includes the homunculi, including all the anime and manga homunculi (except Greed in both versions), Father, and Dante too. It also includes Kimbley since you know, he's probably gonna work for them

The Xing Crew includes Fu, Lan Fan, and obviously Ling. I guess Mei Chan too, but I was thinking she's more in the Scar group.

Scar and co includes Yoki, Scar, Mei, Xiao Mei, and Marcoh.

The Devil's Nest is everyone in the Devil's Nest, obviously. Greed, Martel, Dorchet, Loa, Bido, ect. It does not include Kimbley or Tucker because I say so D:<

ETA: June 19, 2009, Instead of closing the thread because the poll choices no longer reflect recent manga story, updated the poll choices according to more recent manga storyline development, and added
* "Mustang's co: Roy, Riza, Havoc, Breda, Fuery, & Falman" and
* "Northern Army: Olivier and Briggs' bunch" and
* "Manga chimeras: Darrious, Heinkel, Jerso, & Zampano"
to the poll choices per popular demand. ~ Tombow

Other is other, simple as that.

I voted Scar and co, believe it or not. But I hope the Devil's Nest crew gets votes!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Sep 26 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #2

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

The Devils nest crew make better anti-heros IMO and while I could root for them I feel that my support lies else where.

I'm torn between the Xing Triad and Scars following.
Xing has ninjas, a gal in a sexy long coat and a meglomainac but Scars group has a Warrior preist, a freaky Panda and a mascot in the shape of Mei.
Both groups are made of 100% liquid awesome but I geuss Ranfan settles the score for being the most bad ass female next to Izumi. (I'd like to see who would win in a scrap between those two.)

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Vash_the_Gunslin...
post Sep 26 2006, 07:55 PM
Post #3

Major General

Member No.: 33,355

I have to go with the Elric group. Because of their compassion for life in all things really. The others groups do have other great causes too. The Elric group also is kinda of a weird thing too. They do good deeds instead of obeying military orders that tell them to do terrible things.

+Quote Post
Jellybean
post Sep 26 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #4

Alchemists

Member No.: 11,397

I was predictable and voted for the Elrics. What can I say, I love them. They're my favorite part of the manga and I got really bored during those flashbacks where Ed and Al didn't even make an appearance for about three chapters. I guess I've just gotten attached to them. Scar and co. are a close second, though. I can't believe those random characters all ended up together. They make a very interesting little group.

+Quote Post
nataliel
post Sep 26 2006, 08:31 PM
Post #5

Apprentice

Member No.: 39,660

Nice idea, Collette!

I voted for Homunculus group, cause for me, with their backstories, they`re perfect bad guys` gang cool.gif Somehow i like villains more then good guys...
So, Homunculus are in the first place.
Then goes Elrics company. I must say that not in every anime you can meet so interesting and fascinating good guys (why is Curtis family included? huh.gif )
And then goes Greedo-san cool.gif and his mates.

I like Scar`s group, too. But Yoki is included, and i hate him, so...

P.S: And what about Tringhams?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Buddi-chan
post Sep 26 2006, 08:53 PM
Post #6

Citizen

Member No.: 40,653

I voted for the Xing crew 'cause what can I say, I love my Ling and Ran Fan ^__^ Though the military crew is a close second, cause Mustang's subordiates are friggin' amazing, especially in the manga. Next is the homunculi, cause they're just amazingly badass. And of course you've gotta love Scar's crew (I love how Mei is oblivious to how 'bad' Scar is XD) and the Devil's nest crew (though I liked them more in the anime, for some reason).

Ironically or not, my least favorite group is probably the Elrics and Co., even though Ed and Al are the main characters, heh. Though this is normal for me; I always like the secondary characters more than the main, I'm not sure why.

--------------------
Written with Love, a HavocxScieszka fanfiction.
Our Grave, an angsty Alfons Heiderich tribute. Its like Im standing on my own grave...
Pain - A Greed and Kimbley Tribute AMV

+Quote Post
nataliel
post Sep 26 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #7

Apprentice

Member No.: 39,660

QUOTE(Buddi-chan @ Sep 26 2006, 08:53 PM) [snapback]451861[/snapback]

Ironically or not, my least favorite group is probably the Elrics and Co., even though Ed and Al are the main characters, heh. Though this is normal for me; I always like the secondary characters more than the main, I'm not sure why.

Maybe it`s because anime main characters are always full of cliches dry.gif ...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
slayeralchemist
post Sep 26 2006, 10:15 PM
Post #8

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,655

The Homunculus, they are a lot of fun, I'd love to be in their gang biggrin.gif
I would totally take Gluttonny's place besides Lust, it'd be belle and belle instead of beauty and the beast smile.gif

--------------------
The virtue lies in the struggle, not the prize.
Courage is fear that has said its prayers
Be realistic, aim for the impossible.
Remember to face the sun and you shall never see the shadows.

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Sep 26 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #9

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

The Homunculi. I just find them so interesting.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
(^-^)sammyxeddy
post Sep 27 2006, 12:29 AM
Post #10

Citizen

From: At the arcade where a friend of mine sits next to game with a sandwich,milk and adult diapers(and somehow related to barney's first human cousin)
Member No.: 39,612

i satay with the good guys! elrics and im addicted to ed! wub.gif

--------------------

There's nothing impossible if you believe have faith in yourself and in god love yourself love your neighbors as you loved yourself people who treat their neighbors bad doesnt love their own self and isnt to true to their selves too

+Quote Post
Becca-chan
post Sep 27 2006, 03:46 AM
Post #11

Alchemists

Member No.: 39,345

I voted for the Devil's Nest crew.

In many ways they were people who just wanted to start life anew considering the heck they had been through in the past.
And I'm sure that loads of people would love ( should they ever get the chance) to just kick back, relax and live life the way they wanted to, without having to worry about anything.

And while they weren't exactly angels, they weren't devils either, much like Greed himself ( despite him saying he's ' not a good person' some of his actions seemed to contradict that statement)

All of them are also very very likeable, especially in the manga when their talking to Al.

Even though we know what happens to each and every single one of them in the end ( I cried after reading through volume 8 and when I watched those certain episodes sad.gif ) I think it's safe to say that Full Metal Alchemist wouldn't of been the same without them.

--------------------
Becca-chan; Your local Tucker addict...I am 100% sane, I swear! O.O;

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Sep 27 2006, 04:49 AM
Post #12

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Yes I'm afraid I went for the Elrics, mainly because of the other people included in their group who are innocent in all of this. The Elrics themselves have an almost selfish goal but it essence are good guys who have found themselves in the middle of a bigger picture and help as well they can.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Migchao
post Sep 27 2006, 02:04 PM
Post #13

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 27,550

Homunculi, obviously. I chose them because they are pretty darned awesome. The Elrics was pretty close up, though.

+Quote Post
Sin Of Envy
post Sep 27 2006, 02:56 PM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 32,729

Funny, I've been thinking of this question lately.
Homunculi of course....

--------------------
Older sis: Kitty Alchemist :3

+Quote Post
Nil-chan
post Sep 27 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #15

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 34,017

Xing, of course! I just love them so much. They're really great characters, and even though they seem to have a selfish goal, you can't help but notice the tightness and loyalty they have. happy.gif

--------------------

||-------------------------------|| [deviantArt] || [royai] || [fanfiction] || [graphics] ||------------------------------||

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 07:55 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css