Fullmetal Alchemist: Dual Symphony, FMA Game for Nintendo DS
Rating 5 V
micchichan
post Jul 10 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #241

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,028

*sigh* I also agree that the game is short...but it's still awesome! I think an RPG game of FMA (similar to Pokemon) would be more fun. Anyways, I see that some people are having difficulty beating Pride. Well, my strategy to beating him is to tranmute walls and jump on top of them to avoid his attacks. You're gonna have to continuously make walls and stay on top of them until he jumps high in the air. Once he comes down, punch him and he will transport behind you. Use Scar's alchemy technique and you will hit him. I just repeat until Pride dies. ^^

Does anyone know how to get the last two alchemy books? I've tried everything but I can't get them. ^^;
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jul 10 2007, 01:31 PM
Post #242

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(micchichan @ Jul 10 2007, 01:17 PM) [snapback]560976[/snapback]
Does anyone know how to get the last two alchemy books? I've tried everything but I can't get them. ^^;

Look at one post above you and check out part 3 video. Here is what I added to that video's description...

"Oh btw, what I did at 20 second into the video, is where you can get the last 2 alchemy book. If you use Roy/Armstrong, you will get Kimbley's book. If you use Ed/Al, you will get Marcoh's book. In the video I only went in there but didn't get anything before I got those books already... :x"

yeah, not the best recording but I think you get the idea... go in front of that door and press the touchpad where you usually do wall alchemy, and you will be able to go through that wall to get the books

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
atoafriend
post Jul 26 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #243

Citizen

Member No.: 43,637

QUOTE(micchichan @ Jul 10 2007, 04:17 PM) *
*sigh* I also agree that the game is short...but it's still awesome! I think an RPG game of FMA (similar to Pokemon) would be more fun. Anyways, I see that some people are having difficulty beating Pride. Well, my strategy to beating him is to tranmute walls and jump on top of them to avoid his attacks. You're gonna have to continuously make walls and stay on top of them until he jumps high in the air. Once he comes down, punch him and he will transport behind you. Use Scar's alchemy technique and you will hit him. I just repeat until Pride dies. ^^ Does anyone know how to get the last two alchemy books? I've tried everything but I can't get them. ^^;
I guess you have to unlock some secret level or something...
Hey, I've beat Pride by using Armstrong's strongest alchemy attack before...pity it doesn't work with anyone else...but thank's for the advice; I really need to beat Pride!

--------------------
atoafriend

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jul 26 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #244

Brigadier General

The thing is... in hard mode, you can no longer get the "bubbles" that recharges your alchemy power. Which is why you can't beat Pride solely relying on the strongest alchemy attacks.

--------------------
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
atoafriend
post Jul 27 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #245

Citizen

Well... I did beat Pride with Armstrong in "Normal Mode"...

Anyway, yesterday I tried micchichan's strategey...and it worked! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
atoafriend

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jul 27 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #246

Brigadier General

My point is, it's harder to do so in hard mode.

I unlocked everything (except for the 2 pics that requires the Japanese GBA FMA game to unlock)... so yeah, what is your point being when you re-emphasized that you did it in Normal mode? I thought it was pretty obvious when you said you did it w/ Armstrong's strongest alchemy attack...

and I suggest saving your alchemy power for restoring life when you play hard mode's pride fight... using all Strong attacks as you can will only takes out like 1/4 of his total life

--------------------

+Quote Post
atoafriend
post Jul 28 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #247

Citizen

No dip it's harder in "Hard Mode"...(hence the name)

--------------------
atoafriend

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 28 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #248

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^ *cough* Guys, stop building Quote pyramids, please. laugh.gif
(Or, if you like to include the quote, maybe you can edit and include only the portion of the quote that is directly relevant to the content of your new post...)
Right now you two are the only ones discussing on the thread, and discussions are naturally following the order of posts. No need to bring all the Quote pyramids. (I edited them out. ) biggrin.gif
Instead of clicking on REPLY at the bottom right of the last post on the thread, click on ADDREPLY button at the bottom center of the thread. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jul 29 2007, 01:34 AM
Post #249

Brigadier General

@Tombow: Well, I had problems with people misunderstanding what I say in the past when I don't use quotes, so yeah. =\

Anyhow, atoafriend, I suggest that you beat hard mode w/ every character first before your attempt to teach others for reason stated above. Not all techniques used in Normal mode can be carried over to Hard mode, again, for reason stated above.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Jul 30 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #250

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

(lol, I'm behind here XD Damn procrastionating ass XDDD)

Thanks for the pics, AA! So all the pictures are just from the openings eh? My curiousity has been satisfied. |3

Oh~ and videos too! I'll have to check them out when I get home, youtube is blocked at work XD

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
MikaSilentAlchem...
post Aug 2 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #251

Citizen

Member No.: 25,901

i love playing duel sympathy....its a pretty good game.

--------------------
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return....to obtain something of equal value must be lost, that is alchemy's first law of equivilant exchange....In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth."
-Alphonse Elric

"The philosopher's stone....those who possess it, no longer bound by the laws of equivilant exchange in alchemy......May gain without sacrifce, create without equivilant exchange....We searched for it and we found it."
-Edward Elric

"That's a stupid question Havoc...I say it because it's true. That day all the female officers will be required to wear tiny miniskirts!!!!!!"
-Roy Mustang

+Quote Post
river chaser alc...
post Aug 3 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #252

Citizen

Member No.: 47,402

I enjoyed the game even though it is pretty short. Oh, and thanks for the videos on how to get the last two alchemy books!!! I've been trying to find out for a while now.

+Quote Post
Kai13
post Aug 16 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #253

Citizen

Member No.: 49,479

Is the game worth it?? I have money and I want to buy a DS game, should I buy this one??

Is it any good??

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Aug 20 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #254

Brigadier General

QUOTE(Kai13 @ Aug 16 2007, 02:40 PM) *
Is the game worth it?? I have money and I want to buy a DS game, should I buy this one??

Is it any good??

Ok, the Japanese version kinda worth my money since I am a Kugimii-fan (Al's voice actress)... and I can hear Al talk during the menu and yell during the gameplay... I am not gonna spend a cent on the English version personally, but I will download it later since people says the gameplay is slightly different for the English version.

My two cents: Don't get this game as your first DS game, since it will probably bore you out in a week (once you got everything unlocked, cough)... Game play is pretty dull (check out the youtube videos I made few post above)... They didn't really utilize the touch screen that well other than the part where you need to do transmutations to get to the next stage... but I guess as a FMA fan, you should buy it =P

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kate Maxwell
post Oct 3 2007, 05:29 AM
Post #255

Citizen

Member No.: 51,801

I'm going through the character modes and want to know if anyone has put up the walkthrough how to beat Pride as Edward as he keeps beating me!

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 09:23 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css