Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fma Shonen-ai~ Xd, Finally! =P
Omakase Shimasu
post Oct 4 2004, 12:44 PM
Post #1

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 330

I've really been putting things off for too long and the subject in the Shonen-ai thread threatened to steer [too much] FMA's way. So, why not? biggrin.gif

All pairings can be discussed as far as I'm concerned. Though I have the feeling Roy/Ed, Al/Ed & Envy/Ed/Wrath will dominate this thread. rolleyes.gif

...guess it'd be wistful thinking a fellow Kimblee/Archer fan would magically pop up out of nowhere and join the club? biggrin.gif;;

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vael
post Oct 4 2004, 01:59 PM
Post #2

Alchemists

Member No.: 198

I was majorly EnvyxWrath, but the recent episodes have changed my mind, and it's more EnvyxHimself XP

Actually, I'm leaning more towards EnvyxEd (unconsentual). But right now my mind is mooshy because of a truly horrifying episode of anime I just watched (Elfen Lied)

--------------------
"May be innocent, may be sweet, but not half as nice as rotting meat..." -Blix, Legend

"Alles, was ich glaubte
was mir meine Hoffnung gab
ging mit Dir an diesem Tage
Als - für mich - die Liebe starb

Mein Glaube an die Liebe
das es Sie jemals gab
Ging mit Dir an diesem Tage
Als für mich die Liebe starb..."
-L'Ame Immortelle, Tiefster Winter

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Oct 4 2004, 02:05 PM
Post #3

Moderator Emeritus

Elfen Lied... biggrin.gif Wasn't that the anime BlueRakuen recommended? About a murderer in the body of another or something? @_@ Oh no, wait. It had a French name. Elfen Lied's lost on me. <-- the title's Dutch. <__<

O.O You've renounced the EnvyxWrath pairing? The world's coming to an end.

...discusses was a typo. <__< Let me rectify.

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
M3i
post Oct 4 2004, 02:12 PM
Post #4

Citizen

Member No.: 939

I like crack pairings in FMA.. like Farman/Fury.
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Oct 4 2004, 02:15 PM
Post #5

Moderator Emeritus

Farman/Fury? ....I had a thing for Havoc/Farman at one point. biggrin.gif But I wouldn't know how I came up with that one.

Kimblee/Archer had so much potential.

EDIT: wow. There's actually someone scanlating djs. *__* Just found a RoyxEd one~ Too bad it's so short though...

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
M3i
post Oct 4 2004, 03:17 PM
Post #6

Citizen

Member No.: 939

There's a ton of fanart/fic at
http://fleetingfancies.nokoru.net/fan-full...alchemist.html.. it's all so beautiful @_@

Wait, I'm allowed to post links, right?

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Oct 4 2004, 03:20 PM
Post #7

Moderator Emeritus

Yes!! Yes, you are~ As long as it's not anything illegal (fansubs).

biggrin.gif I know this site. Everything goes here: hetero, shonen-ai/yaoi, yuri/shoujo-ai. Great site, though I have to watch my step since I'm nitpicky when it comes to pairings. rolleyes.gif

Oh, here's the link to that site with the dj (just go to projects and voila): http://raygungeisha.com/dragonfly/

EDIT: you're link's not working, M3i.

Sorry for double-posting, but it was in demand~ Hope the thread will stay alive this time around! tongue.gif

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 27 2004, 12:19 PM
Post #8

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

Wasn't it DarkWater Alchemist who demanded this? Anyway... I'm still posting here tongue.gif
Ah... so the number one shonen-ai couple I support in FMA is.......

RussellxEd Tadaa! I bet you never would have guessed tongue.gif
And then there's no problem with RoyxEd either although it goes against my other pairings. Argh.... I can't think of any others pairs EnvyxEd? oh I don't know... but that KimbleexArcher one is kind of interesting.. they had a lot in common tongue.gif
Drat, I don't have anything more to say. Besides:
Long live RussellxEd!!!!!!! Ah, it wasn't even long ago that I wasn't so fanatic about that... can't remember when that changed though. Why can't I remember?

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Nov 27 2004, 01:28 PM
Post #9

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 2,565

*dons a flame-proof suit* okay, i am asking an honest and genuinely curious inquiry here: why is it that people are so obsessed with implicating homosexual couples out of anime?

just a question, i'm really pretty neutral on a yaoi front, i could take it or leave it... i own some DJ myself, and the stuff that is well-written is actually kind of enjoyable...but i just wondered why so many people go so nuts over making homosexual innuendos with obviously heterosexual characters (and that is not a blanketing statement, some characters truly are questionable, i will admit *cough cough*envy*cough*)...many of whom have no apparent affinity for one another in the first place?

take, for example...the thousands and thousands of MirokuxSesshoumaru fanfictions i see...even when i'm not looking for fanfiction... they just pop up out of nowhere like annoying lemmings. and like...*every* character from *every* gundam series? i don't care how inebriated they get, miroku and sesshoumaru are NEVER going to get busy... i really highly doubt that yzak and kira are ever going to get it on, either... it just doesn't seem plausible to me...

as a writer myself, i enjoy coming up with situations that haven't been done yet... i have never written yaoi...nor do i particularly intend to start... but the question remains, at least in my mind: if roy and riza are obviously rather fond of oneanother...as are ed and winry (even tho it seems to be a love to hate relationship at times...) what would make ed and roy get together in the first place? ed makes it clear that he is annoyed by roy's presene, even if there is a degree of respect there... and besides, wouldn't that be kind of...er...statutory anyway? O_o

i'm not trying to start an argument...i'm just curious from which grounds came the explosion of yaoi pairings...not just from FMA, but in general? a lot of them just don't make much sense to me and, while i respect the opinions of other people...i just don't get it. O_o

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 27 2004, 01:50 PM
Post #10

Brigadier General

I know what you mean, kind of, since I used to be like that myself when it came to Digimon and I have to admit that FMA doesn't really force people to pair people together.
Now Kase should explain the RoyxEd part... I understand it, but don't know how to explain it... Actually I don't reallly know how to explain the RussellxEd thing either, I'm so new to that pairing...I don't know, it's the kind of connection they have, sort of like friends, but then...I imagine it deeper. I guess that's what it's also about with pairing other guys together. Then there is the thing with not being satisfied with the realtionships in the anime..so people decide their own...

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
Aileon
post Nov 27 2004, 02:48 PM
Post #11

Citizen

Member No.: 2,487

Mmmm... I don't how I can say it... O_o Maybe cause it's different XD
But I can remember the fisrt time I heard about shounen ai/yaoi. I was 14 years old and I thought at that moment 'Hey, this is so weird!' and I didn't like it much XD Now, I'm 21 and I really luv shonen ai/yaoi/slash stories/manga/doujinshis ^^

I want to say... for example, Ed/Winry is obvious. Or Roy/Riza. Surely, they will be couples at the end of FMA. And yesh, Ed hates Roy XD But... what if Ed loved Roy and Roy loved Ed? What would happen? Would it be a kind of love-hate relationship? Surely, it wouldn't be easy for both two... and the question became very interesting ^__^ It's only fantasy. But we love that fantasy XD

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post Nov 27 2004, 02:51 PM
Post #12

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 665

Hm. I think I get it now. Wow, that really clears things up. Not that I'll start liking it as much as some of you.
I now understand the reasoning behind it all. Woo~ happy.gif

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Aileon
post Nov 27 2004, 03:04 PM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 2,487

I forgot to say my faves couples! XD

And the oscar goe... er, well, you get the idea, ne? XD

AlxEd: *Luvs brother's luv* LOL... The reasons? They love each other, they can even die for the other one... they're so cute and shota... What can I say? XD Every time I hear Bratja I remember them... ToT

RoyxEd: It's sooo near to the first. I can't resist, I luv Taisa. And he's sexiest and hottest than Elric brothers. I love semes like him **___**

I support others like EnvyxEd or HughesxRoy....... or some couple that looks cute XD

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 27 2004, 04:23 PM
Post #14

Moderator Emeritus

Wow, I missed people in this thread. T.T Thank you guys~ OK. Emotional part over, shonen-ai mode BLAST ON. X3

I don't think I need to say who my favorite couples/pairings are, since everybody must know by now. And if that's not the case I'm terribly over-estimating myself. tongue.gif Just for the newcomers:

RoyxEd
RussellxEd
KimbleexArcher
EnvyxEd
AlxEd

Everybody on Ed, it seems. Except for the badguys (with another exception that is Envy @.@). Well... I don't think I need to explain any of these pairings since they're all so obvious, no? biggrin.gif Except for the EnvyxEd maybe: I don't mean the lovey-dovey relationship I'd like to see. This one's all about inflicting pain, because I'm evil. X3

Oh, KimbleexArcher might be a struggle for dominance. Archer tries to show the upperhand he has on Kimblee, but our mad bomber isn't born yesterday. Nobody dominates, controls or tells him what to do. *__* I love these relationships. So much conflict.

Um, I'm rambling, aren't I? Maybe I shouldn't talk until I've gotten a good night's rest. biggrin.gif;; Yeah. that's what I'll do...

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 28 2004, 11:07 AM
Post #15

Brigadier General

Oh, dear... loss of words tongue.gif

Ailuro: yeah, with me it was first understanding andnot accepting it... then it moved to acception and then... well, I'll leave it out tongue.gif
Aileon: Now, I'm not so sure that Ed will end up with Winry.. I'm hoping something completely different. tongue.gif Then again this is shonen, not shoujo. Drat.
Kase, I didn't know you supported EnvyxEd! *shudders* Oh, how I see that full of pain and angst... they'll end up killing each other..
I'm rather a fan of lovey-dovey kind of things... wierd me tongue.gif
Yup, I see Kimblee totally topping Archer... but um... maybe when he's a cyborg things can get hard.. then again

So that rules that out tongue.gif

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 08:08 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css