Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dvd Volume 3, Equivalent Exchange
AlphonseRules
post Jun 2 2005, 09:56 AM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,124

Yeah but I bet that's never new stuff. Those are probably old or unpopular DVDs. Still a good deal though, if you find something that you like.
By the way, I went to Best Buy today and they had volume 3. Got it for $20. biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glam
post Jun 2 2005, 01:10 PM
Post #17

Apprentice

Member No.: 7,205

Usually for some reason the FMA dvd at suncoast *for me* are cheaper when the dvds are just released, for example...I got the 2nd fma dvd for $20 at suncoast, a month later I go to suncoast and I see the same dvd for $24-26 dollars.

+Quote Post
angieness
post Jun 2 2005, 03:44 PM
Post #18

Apprentice

Member No.: 560

To clear up the whole thing with Suncoast pricings:

If you reserve something you put down $5, it will guarentee you a sale price of 19.99(19.99 for most normal DVDs including anime, if it's a boxset the sale price will be different) for 40 days and that $5 goes towards the total, so when you pick it up it will cost you about $14 + tax. If you don't pick up your reserve in 40 days (we call and remind you) you lose the chance to get it for 19.99. For anything you reserve you will get to buy it at the same price as you would at Best Buy. If you have a replay card and like to get your DVDs within a month of them coming out Suncoast is the place to go, but Best Buy is better for stuff that's more than a month old.

Reserving is nice since you get to keep that sale price, it's very unlikely stores will be selling out of FMA. We got about 20 copies of volume 3 in which is amazing since most anime we get about 3 or 4 copies. Considering Best Buy is a much larger company I don't see them selling out either. I'm not sure what their reserve policy is since I've never reserved anything there.

On topic I went and picked up my copies of FMA 3 and Samurai Champloo 3 today :3

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
miss_neko
post Jun 2 2005, 05:02 PM
Post #19

Apprentice

Member No.: 4,451

^ you got SC 3! =0 i wanted to get it to but i didn't have enough money at the time -__- hey angieness, how do i get a replay card at suncoast?

+Quote Post
angieness
post Jun 3 2005, 01:45 PM
Post #20

Apprentice

You mean you've gone to Suncoast and the employees haven't tried to get you to get a replay card? Wow they suck, I'd get fired if I didn't offer it to every customer Oo You can walk into any of the stores and ask to sign up. The only thing that really sucks is that it costs money, but if you buy tons from Suncoast it's worth it. I know our district raised the price to $8.99 for 1 years and $16.99 for 2 years, not sure if it'll be the same for all districts though. The way it works is like you use it, let your friends and family members use it, etc. and that's like money coming back to you in the form of gift certificates. There's triple point weekends where if you spend for instance $25, it'd be like you're spending $75. And on your birthday they send you a $15 certificate.

In my opinion if you buy a lot of anime and manga from Suncoast it pays for itself, but if you just drop by every once in a while it wouldn't really be worth it. I know a lot of customers who come in all the time with $100's worth of certificates. I had a card years ago but that was before I got a job so I didn't get much back, and since I work for the company now I'm not allowed to have one heh

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
ymsg
post Jun 3 2005, 01:46 PM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,976

I LOVE that thing. So useful. Dude, I'd die to work at Suncoast. Reading Manga on breaks, etc.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
miss_neko
post Jun 3 2005, 04:30 PM
Post #22

Apprentice

No they never offer me to sign up 0.o usually they just say "do you have a replay card?" so i'm thinking. what the heck is a replay card.

btw.. in the back of the dvd for volume 3 it says that it is feautures:

Textless songs
Production art
Image gallery
Character profiles
Trailers

But in my dvd.. i seem to be missing the Image Gallery section. is this just a typo or something? o.0

+Quote Post
Envy V.1
post Jun 3 2005, 11:41 PM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 13,529

IMAGE GALLERY?!? 0,o tommorow im getttin Vol 3!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 4 2005, 12:59 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 3,267

I've been a replay member for 3 years and I never got anything for my birthday. Is that also a district thing?

+Quote Post
angieness
post Jun 5 2005, 01:14 PM
Post #25

Apprentice

They apparently just started the birthday thing recently, because I had never gotten anything for my birthday either in the past

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Azura Elric
post Jun 5 2005, 01:46 PM
Post #26

Alchemists

Member No.: 8,293

When I went to go get FMA vol. 2 at Suncoast, most of their anime stuff is at regular price. (Meaning in the 25-30s), and vol.2 was on sale for 19.99 O_o...anyway I went to the cash register and it rung up 30 something dollars. I'm glaring at the guy saying ".....hey that thing says it's on sale, I'm not paying 30 bucks."

And Best Buy NEVER has FMA on the week it comes out -.- I've gone to Best Buy on the same week it comes out and the newest FMA is NEVER there. Best Buy is so unreliable sometimes. - - The only vol. that seems to come out as it's suppose to was Vol. 1. *wants to murder Best Buy for not having Vol. 3*

--------------------

Family:
Daughter: Kit
Lil Sis: ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, Drina, MustEd4ever, fulli_sik_alchemis, BellatrixAngelofKyot, Luckyalchemy27, Skyler Elric, Winry Rockbell Elric
Lil Bro: GreedEnvyWrath
Older Sis: Zarpia, Jen_Elric Cousin: Reika

+Quote Post
miss_neko
post Jun 5 2005, 04:55 PM
Post #27

Apprentice

^ acutally it depends on the best buy you go it.

the best buy i went to had vol 1 and 2 on the same day as its release date except 3.

Now Suncoast.. always has it out on time.

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jun 11 2005, 09:11 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 250

Well the third volume of Fullmetal Alchemist, Equivalent Exchange, is out on DVD now. I think you can get it at most places for $19.99. Four episodes, 9-12. Volume 4, The Fall of Ishbal, is due out July 26th, day before my b-day smile.gif . Volume 5 will be due out in September, completing the first box set for the series, episodes 1-20 total.

In addition to the FMA booklet, the series also has a little preview booklet for the FMA manga that was recently released last month by Viz.

As per the last 2 DVD volumes, the cover is reversible, and the easter eggs being the next episode previews with the alternate comedic audio can be found in the same places as last time.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Jun 12 2005, 09:04 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 6,124

There's already a thread about this Vile. Where have you been anyway? Seems like I haven't seen you posting in a while.

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post
Greensky
post Jun 13 2005, 09:01 AM
Post #30

Apprentice

Member No.: 7,478

I just got Volume 3 not too long ago. They are very hard to get in Canada, and the release date is set to 1 month after the US release date, so I just have the volumes shipped from Amazon.com

For some odd reason, I thought that the English voice acting was better than the other volumes, especially volume 2, ugh... Volume 2 had HORRIBLE HORRIBLE voice actors for both Nina and Berry the chopper (in his female form). I was dissapointed, but this time around all of the voice actors are convincing.

--------------------
^ Cowboy Bebop-----------------^Samurai Champloo

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 02:49 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css