Doctor Who / Torchwood/& Other Dr. Who Spin-offs
Rating 5 V
Forsaken Love
post Jan 3 2010, 10:26 AM
Post #121

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,408

lulz at animeoldtimer you reminded me of what my mum allways sais, about everytime a new doctor comes along everyone pines about the old one and how the new one doesnt fit the part, but you get used to it within a few episodes, lulz she's been watching since the show was invented so i guess i should take her word for it XD and i really didnt like david tennent at first but really did by the end of his first episode sooo ill give the new guy a chance but i miss DT ;__;

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jan 3 2010, 01:13 PM
Post #122

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jan 2 2010, 10:32 PM) *
^ D'awww, Dearheart and Animeoldtimer. sad.gif *Sends them extra boxes of chocolate.*

Thanks for the Chocolate!

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jan 2 2010, 10:32 PM) *
By the way, anyone got reminded of Star Trek by this episode? You know, the Time Lord reminded me of "Q," and I kept thinking of "death of Spock" scene in "The Wrath of Khan" movie while watching that "radiation" scene.

OMG! That's what it reminded me of!!! It kept bugging me that the scene reminded me of something!! Thanks!

Forsaken Love--I felt the same way when Ecccleston left--not the crying part- just because he was good in the role. But I will miss Tennant a bit more. He was more "moving" in the role. However, I think it's a good career move for him.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jan 4 2010, 09:07 AM
Post #123

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

i was so upset when eccleston left XD but im waaaay more upset about david tennant i guess 'cause he was in the roll way longer and he was really good in it, but yeh as you say probably a good career move, its not great for an actor to stay in one roll for too long

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jan 5 2010, 02:29 AM
Post #124

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Certainly didn't do Tom Baker any favours.

If you can, David Tennant starred in an adaptation of Hamlet that might still be lurking on BBC iPlayer if you want to catch him in action.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jan 8 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #125

State Alchemist (Major)

I'll have to check it out. I saw him in a TV Movie called Recovery in which he plays a brain injured person-similar to Harrison Ford in Regarding Henry, but a bit different. He was very excellent in the part and it was a good story as well.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Jan 8 2010, 02:41 PM
Post #126

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

I personally am looking forward to the new series, not because of Matt Smith, though I'm thinking he could do a good job and not because of the new companion being easy on teh eyes. No, because the series is now in the hands of Steven Moffatt. The best writer of the past four series.The guy who gave us Blink! This guy is a great writer and I'm really looking forward to seeing him take it in a new direction. Russel T Davies was okay but Moffatt really out-shines him in the writing department.

That being said I'm gonna miss David tennant and I also wanna put the vote in now for Wilfred Mott as best companion tongue.gif

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jan 9 2010, 02:46 PM
Post #127

State Alchemist (Major)

Blink was one of my favorites too. I think Moffet will do a good job.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post May 31 2010, 01:16 PM
Post #128

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

*revives dying thread cuz she's evil like that*

So...we're now 9 episodes into the new Who. What do you all think of the new dynamic duo? I was convinced that NO ONE could be as good as David Tennant, but Matt's really holding his own! In some ways, he's even more Doctor-y than the last one was. I really, really like him. He looks so young at a glance, but when you look more closely, there's this agelessness in his eyes that just takes your breath away. And there's still a tiny bit of the 10th doctor left in him, too. It's perfect. Just perfect. I'm really happy with him. Haven't completely fallen in love with him yet (and the 10th doctor will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart), but I'm definitely getting there.

AMELIA. POND. OMG. AmyAmyAmy I LOVE AMY!! I think she may be my favorite companion yet. I liked her the moment I saw her. (Plus, she's a hot scottish redhead, so that automatically makes her awesome in my book.) biggrin.gif And I LOVE the relationship she has with the Doctor. I love the whimsy and childishness and innocence in it. It feels sort of like a "Peter Pan and Wendy" sort of relationship, where it's not quite romance, but it's not quite a best friend thing either; and it's full of wonder and thirst for adventure. I'm especially glad that they're not doing the romance thing again. Dazzling as he may be, the Doctor only needs so many love interests. tongue.gif

Oh, and speaking of love interests...what do you think of Rory? I was afraid they would turn him into "Mickey - The Sequel!" but he actually turned out to be a wonderful character. I totally love him now. He may have his bumbling, clumsy, awkward moments, but underneath the "average joe-ness", he's a real sweetie with a heart of gold and a lot more courage than he realizes. wub.gif *snugs Rory*

And then go figure...THEY HAD TO GO AND KILL HIM OFF AND BREAK MY AMY'S HEART ASDFLKJASLKFLAKSDF MY FAVORITE CHARACTER ALWAYS DIES!!! THEY'D BETTER BRING HIM BACK IN THE SEASON FINALE OR SO HELP ME I WILL...DO SOMETHING. I DON'T KNOW WHAT YET. BUT IT WON'T BE PRETTY.

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jun 26 2010, 05:29 PM
Post #129

State Alchemist (Major)

I've been watching on BBC America and the web and I am loving this season! I didn't think anyone would be able to follow up David Tennant, but I was wrong. Matt is awesome in the part! I just saw the last episode online and I won't spoil it, but it is a real treat. It gets your mind going.

I love the Doctor and Amy's relationship and Rory as well! So cool....like bowties! girl_in_love.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 27 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #130

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

I'm still following the series, though currently, I'm more fan of Rory than any other characters. XD
Rory was totally unabashedly "awwwwwww" inducing in the last episode, and I liked it. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jun 27 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #131

State Alchemist (Major)

Absolutely agree with you about Rory! So loyal! I said awwwww! too!

This sounds off the wall I know, but something about The Doctor, Amy and Rory remind me of Al, Ed and Winry. I could write a few paragraphs explaining myself, but I might spoil two shows and I don't want to do that. They really aren't that much alike I just have a habit of making connections with shows I like. I know it's silly, but FMA and Doctor Who are two shows that cheer me up and have a positive message to them in the end. Most of the shows made specifically for adults are not like that.

Ok, before I go off topic let me just say The Doctor+Amy+Rory=Great show! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 26 2010, 10:46 AM
Post #132

Group Icon

Watched 2010 Christmas special.
I liked "Christmas Carol, Dr. Who version" of story.
It was a nice change from the usual "aliens invade Earth, and Dr. saves the day" story line. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
EdokunEdo
post Dec 26 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #133

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,434

Yeah, i saw the christmas one too, one of the good ones and the snow was real (if you get what i mean)

--------------------
"Sup" - Cry

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Dec 27 2010, 05:41 AM
Post #134

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 74,542

Oh yeah, I saw this last night. happy.gif It was great.

--------------------

"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies?
Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden

LiveJournal | | Formspring

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 21 2011, 04:41 PM
Post #135

Group Icon

Just watched the first episode of the new season of Torchwood.

So, Capt. Jack is mortal now? ohmy.gif And, beside him, Gwen was the only Torchwook member survived? Ohh, I liked Lanto.

Now I got to find out what happens to Jack, Gwen, her hubby, and her baby.

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 01:05 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css