HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 946 947 948 949 950 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Kale Mustang
post Apr 13 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #14206

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,527

@Forgiven
I'd be weirded out if Grumman and Madam Christmas got together...Roy's foster mom and Riza's granddad o_O

@Spectator
True that the manga doesn't seem to tell us how close (or even at all) Roy & Riza were as kids, but I think it'd be safe to at least assume that they would've grown up in close quarters. In a house where it was only Papa Hawkeye, Riza & Roy, kids would naturally gravitate towards being at least being civil towards one another.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 13 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #14207

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (Forgiven @ Apr 13 2009, 11:35 PM) *
-Who are the girls Madam Christmas is always referring to.

It's the girls who work at her 'store' (if you get my drift XD)... The ones that are all over Mustang every time he goes there.
Really, I love Madame Xmas, but I have to say: that's NOT an healthy environment for a child to grow up with!!! What was she thinking, putting up a little boy amongst so many... fun women??

-How do we know Papa Hawkeye really put that tattoo on Riza? For all we know, Riza's mother could have been the evil one.

Riza mentions at her dad's funeral that "He put it somewhere where it was safe and no one could steal them", or something like that. And he told her that it was written in a way no alchemist could ever read it.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Apr 13 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #14208

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

@ Forgiven: Rebecca was one of Riza friends from Ishbal, I think. One of the other snipers I think it was. She was first mentioned when Roy and Riza were eating lunch, but that really doesn't help. In a more key part, Rebecca was the one who came around with the ice cream truck and gave Mustang and his super rebels ammo, new weaponry, etc. I don't remember the chapters though. Sorry. And your throughts, like Kale's, weird me out... in a friendly way, I mean. Grumman and Christmas... together. Wow that'd be a bit creepy.

@Kale: I agree with what you said. I mean, Riza seems to be the only child in her household stuck with only her somewhat crazy dad. Mustang and Hawkeye had to have been friends or at least had spent some kind of time together as kids.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 13 2009, 08:31 PM
Post #14209

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Thank you, Turdaewen for posting the scan!! ^^

Yap, this is a page from official FMA manga Gaidebook II, and the part with the Red line... it says: "Actually, he is a Grandfather of Hawkeye on her mother's side." smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 13 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #14210

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Rebecca didn't go to Ishbal. She went to the Academy with Riza and Havoc.

Roy and Riza seemed to be a little intimate, but not too much, cause Riza seemed like that shy kid and she still calls him Mustang-san. Kinda those kids who care about eachother but never get the courage to actually get any closer, you know??

And you're welcome, Tombow ^^

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Apr 13 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #14211

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

Not sure if this has been discussed, but does anyone think Bradley`s promise to coax Roy into opening the gate might come into play? If it does, I can see Riza being a big part of it... I`m scared.
Seriously, this chapter has me more worried than anything else. :c

QUOTE (Forgiven @ Apr 13 2009, 08:35 PM) *
-Grummam and Madam Christmas should get together. lmao

Oh God.
Please yes, haha.

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 13 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #14212

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 13 2009, 08:07 PM) *
-Who are the girls Madam Christmas is always referring to.

It's the girls who work at her 'store' (if you get my drift XD)... The ones that are all over Mustang every time he goes there.
Really, I love Madame Xmas, but I have to say: that's NOT an healthy environment for a child to grow up with!!! What was she thinking, putting up a little boy amongst so many... fun women??

...Strangely enough, the little boy grew up to be rather respectful towards women (tiny miniskirts notwithstanding) and has a rather strong woman as his most trusted subordinate.

Methinks Madam Christmas raised that boy all right.

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Apr 14 2009, 03:15 AM
Post #14213

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

Sorry for beating on a dead horse, but do any of you acknowledge the fact that Anime1 did the 'vengeful Roy' story first? So far, I've only spotted one acknowledgment in this forum (thanks, Andie). It gives me the impression that you guys think this chapter gave some incredible original surprise on Roy Mustang's characterization (with total ignorance/denial to that so-called 'tumor' known as FMAnime1). I'm not saying Arakawa stole the idea. In fact, I think she might have had been the one to give this plot-line to the animators in the first place! For all your criticisms to Anime1, please, give credit where credit is due.

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 14 2009, 03:56 AM
Post #14214

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

Oh, well so many things happenmd when I was sleeping xP

Grumman and Chris? Goog God, no!
I love~ Grumman and i hope he won't betray anyone. I said somewhere already, maybe he is going to cover Roy, Riza, Olivier etc. when ppl will want to punish them for Ishvar? He is going to rule Amestris and they're going to live somewhere abroad, peacefully?
About Rebecca, she is also in the gaiden from RED - "Simple people" and she gave message to Riza from Grumman about 'Promised Day'.

--------------------

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 14 2009, 04:29 AM
Post #14215

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

QUOTE (Alzea @ Apr 14 2009, 03:56 AM) *
Oh, well so many things happenmd when I was sleeping xP

Grumman and Chris? Goog God, no!
I love~ Grumman and i hope he won't betray anyone. I said somewhere already, maybe he is going to cover Roy, Riza, Olivier etc. when ppl will want to punish them for Ishvar? He is going to rule Amestris and they're going to live somewhere abroad, peacefully?
About Rebecca, she is also in the gaiden from RED - "Simple people" and she gave message to Riza from Grumman about 'Promised Day'.

It would be logical when Grumman becomes Fuhrer...
Roy would be the one behind him then. When Grumman dies, Roy will be the Fuhrer. Or Grumman could give him the title, but well...
Who knows what grandpa Grumman has in mind, nobody knows. We only know that he's kida crazy >D

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
Makika
post Apr 14 2009, 07:39 AM
Post #14216

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,737

Thanks Turdaewen for the raw and thanks
for Tombow for the "here it's".

Yeah plp, Grummam is crazy, fact. But for me he still don't know about his relashionship with Riza, or he knows and is waiting the right time to tell her, or he just can't tell her because he don't want to see some "ghosts" (Riza can be extremely like her mother, and we can supose that her mother simply ignore the militar family and run away with a alchemist who hates the military (Maybe because Grummam don't aprove the relationship between Riza's mom and Hawkeyes papa and try to marry his daughter with a militar).

But I think Madam Xmas make this: She kept all the child she can in the streets and give them a oportunnity to make some choices. Roy can be a barman right now, but he learn alchemy and become a militar.

Hahaha, it's weird but now I think Roy meet Riza's Dad when our adorable Hawkeye papa was in Madam Xmas trying to get some dates. So Madam Xmas talk about Roy and after this Hawkeye papa kept Roy to turn him his aprenttice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Apr 14 2009, 08:00 AM
Post #14217

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Claudius--To be entirely honest, I forgot about the first anime while reading this chapter, and pretty much up 'til now. I get what you're saying, but TO ME, this chapter is a stronger shock than anything else I saw in the anime. Not saying vengeful Roy wasn't there--I know he was. I just haven't watched it in so long... *shrugs* Now I need to go watch it again! (No need to apologize--my memory needs to be set straight every once and a while.)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 14 2009, 08:03 AM
Post #14218

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

Nahahaha, good theory about papa Hawkeye xD I would be so happy if Arakawa would give us some flashback of Grumman and his daughter~! Maybe if Grumman will betray them (I hope this won't happen but we know nothing about what is he going to do) we will see something more about him and his family...

But I think Grumman knows about his relationship with Riza (you remember this talk, 'marry my granddaughter, Mustang' in the 6th volume?), I think it's more possible that Riza don't know about it. Who knows? Maybe Grummy is only silently supporting her or something like this. Any details about it in guidebooks?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Makika
post Apr 14 2009, 08:41 AM
Post #14219

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,737

Yeah, I rebember that ("marry with my granddaughter)... But in my opinion, Mustang don't know who is Grummam's granddaughter and just follow the protocole, laughing and kidding for change the topic.

But I hope Arakawa will solve that in the next chapters, because after all, that thing about Grummam being Riza's Grandpa never appear in the manga, just in the guidebook. The only thing related is that "marry with my granddaughter". (what don't prove or clarify anything).

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 14 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #14220

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Makika @ Apr 14 2009, 05:41 PM) *
Yeah, I rebember that ("marry with my granddaughter)... But in my opinion, Mustang don't know who is Grummam's granddaughter and just follow the protocole, laughing and kidding for change the topic.

But I hope Arakawa will solve that in the next chapters, because after all, that thing about Grummam being Riza's Grandpa never appear in the manga, just in the guidebook. The only thing related is that "marry with my granddaughter". (what don't prove or clarify anything).

You think Roy wouldn't know that she's his granddaughter? I never thought of that for sure...

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 946 947 948 949 950 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 03:14 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css