HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
AndroidLust
post Nov 1 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #18661

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,086

HOT EYECATCHES ARE HOT. :3

I love short hair Riza, especially since the hair, to me, exponentially increases how innocent she looks during not so innocent times (I think it`s because it makes her appear younger?). So the first eyecatch is amazingly striking. I also like how in the second one, though she`s in a, no-doubt intended, semi-erotic pose, her expression is deeply troubled and pained.

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Nov 1 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #18662

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (AndroidLust @ Nov 1 2009, 08:52 PM) *
HOT EYECATCHES ARE HOT. :3

I love short hair Riza, especially since the hair, to me, exponentially increases how innocent she looks during not so innocent times (I think it`s because it makes her appear younger?). So the first eyecatch is amazingly striking. I also like how in the second one, though she`s in a, no-doubt intended, semi-erotic pose, her expression is deeply troubled and pained.

Yeah... she looks devastated, doesn't she?? I felt like hugging her, there sad.gif It kinda breaks the whole feeling of 'fanservice' such a picture could have.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Nov 1 2009, 09:52 PM
Post #18663

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

XD RED TATTOO, IS RED!

Though Papa Hawkeye's name is a little odd, I like that he was named. I'm wondering if they put any thought into his name...

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Nov 1 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #18664

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

Berthold is a very odd name. But I never considered what his name could be. I also pictured him being blonde.

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Nov 1 2009, 11:08 PM
Post #18665

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Nov 1 2009, 05:40 PM) *
It kinda breaks the whole feeling of 'fanservice' such a picture could have.

Which is why I love it. Riza`s too good for regular fanservice. It`s more like angstservice. tongue.gif

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Nov 2 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #18666

Been looking up "Berthold"

I found one that could be his alter, had this been the first series/CoS...and it amuses me so.

loving that term "angstservice" AndroidLust

--------------------

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Nov 2 2009, 03:36 AM
Post #18667

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

If I were to call Riza's father 'Mordred', does that mean anything to anyone at all? wink.gif
That's the name I see him as because of an ah-mah-zing fic I read about a year ago. Someone here has to have read it.

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Nov 2 2009, 07:18 AM
Post #18668

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

Disappointed in this episode as a Royai fan and as a fan of manga chapters 58-61 in general.

The Royai elements I missed most from this:

Roy yelling out "Riza!" as she sees her father dying

The scene at the Ishbal child's grave where she she asks him to burn her back.

This storyline, along with chapter 39 ( Mustang v Lust) were a major reason why Royai was so special to me...

On the plus side, I -do- love the eyecatches!

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Nov 2 2009, 08:32 AM
Post #18669

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

I quite liked the episode! I just watched it, (a bit late, I know).

A lot of people seem to be disheartened at the lack of some elements of the manga... what to remember is that what was missed out might be included in another episode. I'm not too worried about it just yet. In my mind they really need to include the bit where she asks him to burn her back, the burn is definitely something they ought to explain.

So, just because it wasn't in this ep doesn't mean it won't be in the series at all. smile.gif

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Nov 2 2009, 08:47 AM
Post #18670

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Her tattoo was obviously not burned in the younger eyecatch, and burned in the older one. Anybody who doesn't know is bound to be asking.

I'm kinda disappointed that "burn my back" wasn't in there, but there was an absolute TON of stuff to cram in, and it's far too important to just leave out. I hope we see it at some point!

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Nov 2 2009, 08:57 AM
Post #18671

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

Yes, well, it might, but who knows if it really is going to be there....What I think, this ep should be really something just like volume 15 but even for people who don't read manga it was just decent. Everything because they cut out just too much, they cut out parts that together were making awesomeness of the Ishval flashback, at least I think so. Even if they are going to include some of these parts somewhere else this just won't give us the same impression we get while reading volume 15 (still I'd love to see those parts later in the anime). It's not like I wanted Ishval flashback to be exactly the same like in the manga, but I hoped getting similar feelings to those I got while watching ep 19, they had to cut out something, but they cut out just too much. Anyway we should just say it, animating a whole volume in one episode seems stupid. While thinking about it we should know from the beginning that they’re going to skip a lot -.-

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Nov 2 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #18672

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Nov 2 2009, 04:47 PM) *
Her tattoo was obviously not burned in the younger eyecatch, and burned in the older one. Anybody who doesn't know is bound to be asking.

I'm kinda disappointed that "burn my back" wasn't in there, but there was an absolute TON of stuff to cram in, and it's far too important to just leave out. I hope we see it at some point!

I think we will since it's in the OP sequence. Plus, it's pretty much too important just like you mentioned. And the eyecatches referred to it too, indirectly!

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Nov 2 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #18673

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Nov 2 2009, 09:18 AM) *
QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Nov 2 2009, 04:47 PM) *

I think we will since it's in the OP sequence. Plus, it's pretty much too important just like you mentioned. And the eyecatches referred to it too, indirectly!

My guess is we'll get a flashback about it during Riza's retrieval of items she "left behind" in the office.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Nov 2 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #18674

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

don't worry fans of royai, scenes like the burn my back scene im sure will be in a later episode, i mean how can they not explain it thats just stupid, and an image from that scene is in the opening

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Nov 2 2009, 10:51 AM
Post #18675

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

yeah... I'm not so pessimist about it. Still, it's very complicated for us to weight whether they did something well or not in the middle of the series, since there's plenty more episodes to go. The thing most people are complaining is about the difference towards the manga, but, first, it's not THAT big of a difference, and, second, we don't even know how far those differences are going.

From what I've seen so far, I don't think they'll sacrifice too much of the major story for the sake of originallity, so I'm not worried at all.

I actually glad they're indeed making something very well done and not a complete copy of the manga, at the same time.

AHH!!! BTW, I just remembered we'll probably get to see Madam Christmas next week!!! XD YAY!
And I was pretty happy they kept some details, like Roy's hand scar!! XD I thought I was the only one who had noticed it in the manga and, when I saw it in the anime I went ballistic

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 06:47 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css