HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
"Thank-you FMA/Hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request Thread, The request period is now closed. Thank you for your participation
Derkenn
post Jul 31 2010, 06:40 AM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,900

Sorry to be so late, I was a little busy

I hope that I didn't make too many spelling and grammar errors

Dear Arakawa-Sensei,

This humble letter is my standing ovation for your work.

Thank you for the creation of one of the best manga of the past 10 years.
Thank you for having imagined such rich and fascinating world
Thank you for having given us so many and such endearing and elaborate characters : Greed, Scar, Buccaneer, Darius, Jelso, Heinkel, Zampano,, Maes Hugues, Roy Mustang, Lin Yao, Ran Fan, Miles, Izumi, Nina, Kimblee, to many to name them all.
Thank you for having made us happy, sad, laugh, cry, thrill, afraid, moved to tears, think during all these years
Thank you for having given us the opportunity to see two wonderful animes and their splendid soundtracks.
Thank you for this gripping and clever story
Thank you for this incredible journey
Thank you for all the memories
Thank you so much
It was an honor to read this remarkable and extraordinary story.

We will looking forward to your next manga and wish you the best for your career.

Derkenn (Maud BEAU) – France

P.S. : And Scar's name is ... ?

1004 characters from OpenOffice
Is it OK ?

Edit

Google translation

親愛なるは荒川先生、

この謙虚な手紙があなたの仕事は私のスタンディングオベーションです。

1つの過去10年間で最高の漫画の作成していただきありがとうございます。
ありがとうございますは、このような豊かな魅惑的な世界を想像して
ありがとうございますは、ので、そのような愛情のこもった手の込んだ文字の多くを:私たちを与えてギレンの傷跡、バッカニアー、ダライアス、ジェルソ、ハインケル、Zampano、メイズユーグ、ロイマスタング、林ヤオ、蘭扇風機、マイル、泉、ニーナ、Kimblee、多くのそれらをすべて名前を付けます。
ありがとうございますは私たちは、悲しい、泣く、スリル、恐れ笑う幸せ、涙に移動し、作ったのだ、これらすべての年の間に
ありがとうございますは、私たちの機会を2つの素晴らしいアニメとその素晴らしいサウンドトラックを参照してくださいに与えられること。
このグリップと巧妙なストーリーをありがとう
この信じられないほどの旅をありがとう
すべての思い出をありがとう
どうもありがとう
これは、名誉、この驚くべき、臨時の話を読んでいた。

我々は、あなたの次の漫画を探してし、あなたのキャリアの成功を祈る。

Derkenn(モードボウ) - フランス

後記:そして、スカーの名前は... ?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Jul 31 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

I finished! Finally.

Dear Hiromu Arakawa,

I've only been following Fullmetal Alchemist for about two years, if that even. But I've loved every bit of it; each chapter was well worth a month's wait, and never ceased to surprise me. Just when I think the plot's going one way, it goes in some other direction that I hadn't even thought of.
I love Fullmetal Alchemist, like no other work of fiction that I know of. When I first started reading, I was so entranced by the world you'd created, especially the alchemy. I think I can speak for many of your readers when I say that there's been times where I wished it was real.
I love the whole cast of characters; each one is unique, even if they just play a minor part in the story.
It's impossible for me to just choose one favorite. I love the Elric brothers, for being so strong and determined, I love Roy and Riza for their loyalty. I even love Envy, for the crazy jealous thing he is.
I know this letter won't be that different from the tons of other letters you must be getting, but I just wanted to let you know; your work means a lot to me. It's made me cry, it's made me smile until my face hurt. It's inspired me. I'm so glad that I found it before it ended, and that I get to thank you like this.

Thank you for creating such a beautiful story,
Rainshine, United States

...*runs off to put this in the translation work thread. xD*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imaginos
post Jul 31 2010, 02:30 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 75,065

Sorry this is at the last minute, got really busy and joined the board just to participate!

Dear Hiromu Arakawa

I have been a huge fan of Fullmetal Alchemist since the series came stateside. I have read the entire series as I went from High School to College and having decided to become a writer myself, your work has been a tremendous inspiration to me. I’ve always been amazed with your ability to give such depth to the cast of characters, from Ed, Roy, and Ling to supposedly ‘minor’ characters like Falman, Fu, and The Chimeras. Each character had a role to play in the story and was interesting in their own way. You are one of the funniest writers I’ve ever read, the omakes alone make me laugh out loud! I’m not sure if you’ll read this, but if you do then let me say your story, your characters and your abilities as an author have been an inspiration to all of us. I eagerly await your next project, and I hope to write as decent a story. Best wishes and hope that we can all attain a “Fullmetal Heart” much like The Elrics.

Sincerely,
Imaginos, Jacob Davison. USA

(980 Characters)

+Quote Post
The Breezy Alche...
post Jul 31 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 75,061

It's 923 characters without spaces now. Is that better? I really want this to get to Arakawa-sensei.

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I haven't been reading Fullmetal Alchemist for a long time like everyone else. This July was a year after I started reading your manga series. Since then however, I have been avidly following Fullmetal Alchemist which has been a comfort to me, even if it was only for a year. I admire your creativity and skill at drawing and if anything, I hope to draw like you can when I grow up (next to being able to use alchemy). Fullmetal Alchemist inspired me, and I often contemplated about what it takes to gain a fullmetal heart. When Fullmetal Alchemist ended, I was happy about Ed and Al finally getting their bodies back (it was about time they did), but I also just realized how meaningful Fullmetal Alchemist was to me and I would never see any more of the Fullmetal Alchemist universe. But Fullmetal Alchemist taught me to keep moving forward and try to achieve my goals, no matter how hard they seem. Thanks for the memories Arakawa- sensei, without Fullmetal Alchemist; I would be a very different person.

Thank you very much for Fullmetal Alchemist,
Caroline Chiou (The Breezy Alchemist), USA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated translation of letter.

親愛なる荒川、先生

私は皆と同じように長い時間のために鋼の錬金術師を読むされていない。私はあなたの漫画を読み始めた後に、この7月は1年だった。それ以来、私は熱心にする私に慰めをされている鋼の錬金術師、次の場合でも、それが唯一の1年間でしたされている。私はあなたの創造性と図面でスキルと何かを賞賛、私はあなたのような描画するために望むことができるときに私は(次の成長)錬金術を使用できることに。鋼の錬金術師は私に影響を与えた、と私はしばしばそれが鋼の錬金術心を得るために必要なものについて熟考した。時鋼の錬金術師が終わった後、私はエドとアル満足最後に自分の体に戻る(それは彼らがいないの時間でした)なっていたが、私にされた方法有意義な鋼の錬金術師は、私は鋼の錬金術師宇宙の詳細を参照してください決して私もちょうど実現。しかし、鋼の錬金術師私は前進し続ける方法と一生懸命に思える私の目標は、どんなに達成しようとすると教えた。鋼の錬金術師なく記憶荒川先生、のおかげで、私は非常に違う人になる。

非常に鋼の錬金術師は、ありがとう
キャロライン銃撃事件(ブリージーの錬金術師)、アメリカ合衆国

+Quote Post
Sariachan
post Aug 1 2010, 02:03 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 75,062

Someone in the other thread told me that I could still submit a letter, I hope it isn't too late. sad.gif

Anyway, here you are (I don't care if it's translated, I just wish for it to be sent to Hiromu Arakawa):

Thank you for Hagaren, Hiromu Arakawa-sensei.

I started reading it after discovering the first TV adaptation, then I watched Brotherhood too, but even if both are really good I still prefer the manga for all the details you put in the background.

The world you created is rich and believable, and so are its characters. Their accurate characterization is one of the things that made me enjoy your manga, and I also liked the plot and the perfect balance between drama, humor and action.

Ed and Al are my favourite characters, and I also love Winry since I can relate to her (I’m an artisan). I adore Hoenheim too; he’s so cute and serious at the same time, really an excellent character and an important one not the less… after all, the story started because of him!

When I’ll have children I’ll show them your manga and I hope they’ll enjoy it as much as I did: I believe its messages are really positive, without it being moralistic, and I agree with your vision of the world.

I can’t wait to read your next work: I know that you’ll keep telling great stories, and I’ll keep supporting you.

Best wishes for your career and life,
Sariachan (Marina M.) from Italy

EDIT: thanks Valérie! I changed a phrase a little, but it isn't really important (I put "balance" instead of "mix") if it's too late for modifications. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ayla
post Aug 1 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 75,072

Well, I hope this is not to late, I just couldn't think of what to write and never found time to post it either...but, that is my thank-you letter^^

It's rather big...I had to cut some parts out to make it a bit shorter....I'm sorry to those who have to translate. I'm very grateful to you tranlators!!!

Dear Hiromu Arakawa!

Thank you very much for Hagaren- it is an amazing story, with an amazing storyline and amazing characters. I really enjoyed it and it'll always be a fond memory. Not only that, I'll probably re-read and re-watch it multiple times.

I watched the first season in little less than a week and thought that it was one of the best anime I've ever seen. But I was wrong. The Manga and Brotherhood were even better!

My favourite character is Roy Mustang- he's just... amazing. He has that horrible past, but he is constantly trying to right his wrongdoings. He is smart, a good friend and superior and he protected Ed and Al, often at the risk of loosing some of his influence in the military. I loved how he worked with Riza and how he bickered with Ed. I loved the way he just needed to snap his fingers to create fire, the personal treatment and friendship that bound him to the others. And I liked the fact that he had flaws.
I also liked Ed, Al, Riza, Maes, Izumi, Scar, Winry, Hohenheim, Ling, RanFan, old man Fuu and Mei-chan.

What I love most about Hagaren was that the way it developed was logical and it developed in a way that I couldn't predict what would happen next. There was no unwritten rule saying that the good guys couldn't die. And the world of Hagaren is believable, as are the characters. I love and agree with your view of the world "all is one and one is all" and I loved how that tied with alchemy.

The characters have such a depth in them, so many sides, I loved the way they interacted with each other (and displayed their emotions) and that everyone had a role and was important to the story. I liked even the bad guys to some degree, simply because of their deep character. I could connect with the characters.

I'll never forgive Envy for killing Maes and for HOW he did it, but on the other hand, I feel truly sorry for him. He wanted to be a human but he was denied that wish. I pitied him for his envy. Much the same with the other Homunculi- I felt sorry for them, truly sorry. Even though on the other hand, I hated them for what they did.
There is NOT ONE SINGLE character in Hagaren to whom I haven't developed some kind of emotion other than hatred to, not even one character that did NOT surprise me at some point and not even ONE chapter or episode that didn't stir up some emotions in me.

While reading and watching Hagaren, I read dozens of fan fictions featuring my favorite characters and pairings (Roy x Riza being the most important). I just couldn't stop. And I started writing my own fan fictions to Hagaren, or...as of yet, developing fan fictions in my head. I started to enjoy drawing once more and I uploaded my first drawing on DeviantArt, which features Roy x Riza.

And I strengthened my efforts to learn japanese. This letter here was originally written in english and later translated into japanese (I feel truly sorry for the poor soul who had to tranlate this), but I'm determined to learn the language myself and to visit Japan some time.

Thank you again for Hagaren! Thank you for thinking out such an amazing story and such amazing characters!!! I'll keep supporting you!

I'm still wishing that some time, I'll be able to meet you and talk to you,
yours sincerely Lara S. (Ayla) from Germany

+Quote Post
Valérie
post Aug 2 2010, 03:07 AM
Post #37

Alchemists

Member No.: 19,677

ETA: Sept. 15, 2010

Hello, everyone,

So sorry for the delay in update! For one, I have been sick (caught a bad cold) for a while, and could not make any update (yes, this was besides our main translator becoming quite ill this Summer/Fall.) sad.gif
But further, our chief translator for the project, who had been on and off ill this Summer had to be hospitalized and hence was in no shape to produce any translations for a while. He is finally back, and slowly resuming the duties, and we hope to see the progress made as he gains better health. (And, we are very much committed in completing the project, but it is apparent that we do need more time to complete the project.) This has been a totally unanticipated & unfortunate turn for us also, and we are trying to coop with as best as we can, but meantime we apologize for all the delay!! So sorry!! sad.gif

-----

@Ayla: Sorry, but it is too late for the translation request. It couldn’t have been translated even if you had posted it in time because it has 3252 characters (2662 characters without spaces). We asked participants to limit to around 1000 characters.

I should normally not do this, but I will take your letter. It will be printed and send with the English letters. I’m doing this because you took your time to write something and it means a lot for you.

THE DEADLINE FOR THE TRANSLATIONS REQUESTS IS NOW OVER.

ETA: Aug. 12, 2010

Hello everyone,

We are currently still working on completing Japanese translations. It has been taking longer than we anticipated due to our chief translator catching a bad case of Summer flu and subsequent complications (is recovering now ^^) and hence we had been making slow progress for the past week or so, but expecting to finish all translations soon.
Also, we are waiting for the completion of the Arakawa Appreciation fanart contest so that all the thank-you letters along with Japanese translations, as well as qualified thank-you Arakawa fanarts will be mailed out to Japan together. Meantime, we appreciate your patience. smile.gif

ETA: Aug 1, 2010

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your interest in our "send thank-you letters to Arakawa" program!

This project has now finished taking the Japanese translation requests for your thank-you letters to Arakawa. The submitted letters with the translation requests are currently being translated into beautifully written Japanese letters by our volunteer translation team! biggrin.gif

Once the translations are done, our staff will automatically send your original letters along with the Japanese translations to the project mailing team, and then all the letters will be mailed together to Japan. We'll keep you updated of our progress. smile.gif

ETA: July 24, 2010
Hello everyone,

Thank you for participating in our "send thank-you letters to Arakawa" program! The project closing date is fast approaching, and some of you may be worried that you have not seen the final Japanese translations of your original English letters being added to your original request posts yet. Please rest assured that although you may not see the final Japanese translations on your original request posts yet, your original English letters are already in the translation process, and the final Japanese translations are on the way. ^^

Also, please note that, to speed up the transmission process, we have modified the process after the final Japanese translations are being added to you r original translation request post.

New procedure: Instead of your sending both your original English thank-you letter and the Japanese translations to our project email address, we will now send both your original English thank-you letter and the Japanese translations directly to our project email address.
And yes, our project team staff will make sure to send all of the posted letters, with the completed final Japanese translations, to the project email address in time for mailing of the all the letters to Japan. ^^
That means, all the works on your part is all done. ^^ Once you placed your request on this thread, please sit back, relax, and wait for the final Japanese translations to be added to your original request post, along with the note from our project staff that the both your original English thank-you letter and the Japanese translations have been sent to the project email address.

In addition, of course we'll post the final report when we mail out the package with all the participating letters to Japan.
Thank you so much again for your participation on our "Thank you letters to Arakawa" program!!

Sincerely,
Valérie (project manager)
[size="1"][/size]

--------------------
~ My forum family ~
Reika - My little sister
SsleepyAlly - My little sister

Roy and Riza fan art contest 2010

+Quote Post
Sariachan
post Jan 25 2011, 04:43 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 75,062

Don't worry and just recover and try to get healthy again, and sorry for not being around last year (I explained why in the PM I sent to you).
Anyway months has passed, so you should be fine by now, or at least I hope so!

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 12:50 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css