HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA "MiloStar" Story-line/Time-line/Plot discussions (Any post that contains actual movie spoiler --> please post in SPOILER ZONE forum), Please do NOT post any posts with movie spoilers on this thread!
RoyxRizaFan
post Nov 14 2010, 02:43 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,333

First I found out it was mid-series and I was like, "All right, that will work."

Then there was weird art and I was like, "OK, I can deal with that."

And then there was a psycho flying chick speeding through the air and I didn't know what to say anymore.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maromi
post Nov 14 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 75,307

AM I the only one who think Ed looks kinda younger? Maybe this happens just when he becomes a State Alchemist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Nov 14 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #18

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

*shrugs* I think the art looks just fine. The little bits of action do have me staring at my laptop going, "Oooooooo-kay..." But, as with most everything else, I'm attempting to reserve judgment until I have more than about 30 seconds of footage to gauge the situation. What I've seen so far is a little confusing, but I'm pretty excited. And that screencap of sleeping Ed with his head down on that desk is so freakin' cute! He's such a little kid, I swear...

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Nov 14 2010, 05:22 PM
Post #19

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

Well...I don't really know what to think at the moment. :-P I'm actually really excited for this movie, but I have a feeling it will kinda end up like CoS (which I was on the border with) from seeing the trailers (I LOVE the art, though). I won't judge until we see more and get the plot summary, but I'm feeling more hopeful hearing its a midquel.

Thanks to everyone who brought information! :-D

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Nov 14 2010, 05:44 PM
Post #20

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Nov 14 2010, 07:22 PM) *
but I'm feeling more hopeful hearing its a midquel.

Yeah, well I guess a midquel/filler isn't that bad. It's better than some kind of re-telling of the story (gah).
happy.gif

granted, I would like to see a sequel about them in the future -is shot- I know that's only going to happen in my dreams though XD

Also, that movie picture of Ed and Al (especially Ed) is soooo manga-like...it's getting my hopes up! His eyes are just like in the manga--strong, fierce, and determined. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Nov 14 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

I wonder what other reoccuring characters will be in it. I guessing the homunucli won't be in it, because then they'd need to tie it into the main continuity and that can create problems. Though I wouldn't mind cameos from them. Er, but then people get frustrated with just cameos.

It's one of those, "Hey, why did they bother having Envy in this movie if he doesn't have any part in it?" But then if you don't show Envy, people will be all, "I wish Envy was in it, at least for a cameo!" or "Envy should have taken part in this movie", but then you get "Envy wouldn't have been doing that, because he was busy with X, Y, and Z."

They should just pan down to Sloth digging underground during the movie at some point.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
ED_Cantu
post Nov 14 2010, 09:13 PM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 74,892

Ok after watching the teaser trailer I must say most of my interest for this movie has dissapeared sleep.gif

I was expecting something that would have to do more with the main story instead of a filler movie, maybe even a sequel or something between (Warning! Series Final Spoiler ahead -->) Ed and Al leaving for their new journey and the moment of that final photograph with Ed's children, the only way I would have accepted a midquel/filler movie would be if Arakawa would have a hand in this, but the script is being written by someone else.
The good thing is that maybe with this i will appreciate more Conqueror of Shamballa, even if i don't like it at least it's important for the main story of the first anime and gives a conclusion (a very bad one IMO but a conclusion).

I'm not liking the new character design, well maybe it's not the design but the colors they are using i don't know, it will be very difficult for me to get used to it, and i know it's a very early but Werewolves and flying people with machine guns? huh.gif
On the other hand the music from the teaser is great, I would like to hear more.

In the end even if my interest dropped from 100 to 25 more or less, i will watch this movie sometime but since this will be filler it doesn't matter if i watch it or not, sorry if I sound like a big pessimist, but I can't stand to see FMA turning into a Naruto type of movie.

+Quote Post
Fairy of Darknes...
post Nov 14 2010, 11:11 PM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 75,608

I saw the trailer a couple hours ago, and you have no idea how excited I was before and after I watched it. xDD
I'm a little upset that it's not a sequel or something. sad.gif
I think that the style is gonna take some time to get used to, though. :/

--------------------
"Make pasta, not war."

Deviantart account

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Nov 15 2010, 12:01 AM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

Yeah, the art style is different, but I don't think it's bad. I actually quite like it. I admit, when I watched the trailer, I kind of had this "eeeeeh D:" reaction, mostly towards the werewolf and especially the flying batwoman lady. But I'm not going to get really critical of it just yet, since I've only seen a promo that's a few seconds long, and without even knowing what they were saying in it. I'm still excited for it coming out, and I'm not going to just decide "NOOOO IT SUCKS" or "YESSS IT ROCKS" until I've seen it. c: We're just going to have to wait and see.

(Until sometime in 2011! OTL)

--------------------

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Nov 16 2010, 12:08 AM
Post #25

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

well I just hope that the story won't 'run off everywhere' like CoS...

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Mhacy
post Nov 16 2010, 01:03 AM
Post #26

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,452

I can't wait to see this movie smile.gif, I hope the story will turn out good and is related with the manga plot. I kinda like the artsyle, but I do prefer Brotherhood's style (it was much closer to the manga). I admit I'm a bit disappointed about it being a filler, my hopes are up for the continuation but I guess it's too hard for them to make a story out of that satisfying ending happy.gif.

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."

+Quote Post
bel
post Nov 16 2010, 04:50 AM
Post #27

Citizen

Member No.: 72,391

oh,I never watched the first teaser of coS o.o and seemed that were a randow filler too....

OMG, this movie can be post-series too???shok.gif
I confess I have a new hope now biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Nov 16 2010, 05:50 AM
Post #28

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

RaphieL - you might be on to something there. Perhaps we are seeing a foe they met when they were younger, but the film will be set them fighting them post series.

Maybe...I can hope anyway...

--------------------

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Nov 16 2010, 08:35 AM
Post #29

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

Oh wow, I never saw the first teaser for CoS until now either - it does make me feel a bit better. O_o That said, it's probably a stretch for us to hope for lightning to strike twice in the same place. My inclination is still that it will indeed be a midquel... especially since the main promo image shows them younger as well (whereas in Shamballa, didn't they mostly use that one image of 18-year-old Ed and human Al?).

But yeah, I am also disappointed that it does seem to be a midquel. sad.gif I was never a big fan of the video game plots. They're pretty generic and IMHO barely worthy of the FMA name. And while CoS was odd in many ways, I loved that it furthered the plot, unlike most anime movies based on TV series (*cough*Bleach*cough*Naruto*cough*). While I will still be thrilled to get any new FMA at all, half my excitement over the project was the tease that it could be a post-series adventure. While the conclusion was satisfying, there are still many more threads that could be followed and developed (for example, I'd like to see Xing and I'd like to see Ed and Winry's relationship progress as more mature young adults, as opposed to the constant immature bickering and UST we get through most of the series).

I am trying to reserve judgment on the art style, since the first teasers for Brotherhood were also underwhelming. But so far half the shots look half-baked to me (maybe they are unfinished...?) and the other half look pretty good.

My first reaction upon viewing the trailer was to LOVE the first shot of Ed asleep (I've always loved that one manga image and while there was a version of it that was a promo image for FMA1, this version is so much more detailed!). And I liked that they put a new creepy spin on an image that always seemed so peaceful before. But then it all just went downhill from there... I was not impressed with most of the rest of the trailer. Riza looked great and Ed's eyes looked great in that one close-up, but the rest... I hate animation that looks like squiggly lines (like some of the shots from a distance in Brotherhood) and this had it in spades. To me this does not look stylized, it just looks sloppy. And then the wolf dude. My first instinct was to cringe, but then I reminded myself that it was obviously a chimera and therefore acceptable. But then the flying gadget girl. *facepalm* This I could not recover from. It just looked like lame shonen action with outlandish bad guys! FMA is so much better than that!!! I could accept that in the games and in short bursts in filler anime episodes, but to center a whole movie around something like that? I sure hope not... Please let this crazy bat woman be just a tiny, TINY part of the film. >_<

And I missed out on the brief live action discussion a few pages ago, but I'd just like to add that there are other directors out there who could do justice to FMA besides Peter Jackson (although he would indeed be the dream ideal). I think Guillermo del Toro, Alfonso Cuaron or David Yates could also all do decent jobs. And yes, it is my gameplan exactly to pitch FMA as something in the style of Harry Potter or LoTR. Whoever back there mentioned they were in film school, I feel ya! ;D I went to NYU Tisch film school myself and am keeping a close watch on things here in Hollywood now... while trying my best to work some magic. wink.gif Who knows, maybe in a few years when FMA is a major blockbuster live action franchise, you all might recognize 'ol Allykatty1 from the message boards as one of the producers, lol!!! ;D

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Nov 16 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #30

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,416

I love the idea of this being a midquel. I don't think a sequel to manga would be interesting. Everything is back to normal and we already know what is going to happen. What is there to expect? Diaper stories?
Midquels CAN be good if they are given enough attention. As a fanfiction writer, I have seen many stories written by amateur writers that would blend into the actual,canon story at the word go. A talented writer can make a good story. I don't need the plot and script to be done by Arakawa to enjoy the experience. I enjoyed Anime 1 and CoS (although it made me sink into depression) and neither was done by her.

The only problem here is that the writer needs to be enthusiastic about the story to avoid creating a forgettable filler like those 500 plus Pokemon episodes we have been getting for the last few years.

Also, I would have loved to see a Live-Action play. I'm not kidding, it would have been great! biggrin.gif Everyone thought LotR would be impossible to make and what did we get? A masterpiece loved by critics all over the world. It's the enthusiasm we need.
Yet, Fma is relatively unknown when compared to success stories like Harry Potter so the series evidently has limited possibilities. It will mostly be there to entertain the fans and is likely not to interest other people and get them to introduce themselves to the actual storry.

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 11:22 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css