HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Turdaewen
post Jun 3 2011, 12:56 PM
Post #22471

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,395

Probably, Roy stayed at least a fair amount of time with the Hawkeye, but I, personally, don't think it would be more than 2, 3 years. I take he has because of Roy's attitude towards Berthold, saying that "after all this time, still don't think he's ready to know about the Flame Alchemy" and such. Unlike Ed and Al, Roy was actually living with the Hawkeyes for quite a while, as he learned alchemy, and that's for sure (not declared, but implicitly)

About his relationship with Riza, there's no clear answer. I don't think they were "the best of friends", since they both seem very formal while talking to eachother prior to the time in the military (and this includes the Ishval War), but, at the same time, I guess you could also say they were pretty close, or at least close enough to talk about really personal things and to the point of Roy feeling comfortable calling Riza "Riza"... I tend to think them in the level of "accomplices in a unfriendly environment" and probably turn to eachother for comfort, but I don't think they were all that easygoing to eachother as we see later on, as they started working together... they were friends, but reserved.
At least that's what I think.

And about the kids... definitely no. The whole saga has proven Flame Alchemy to be more of a problem than a solution and there's absolutely no need for this sort of alchemy to achieve a goal. I don't think Roy or Riza would mind their kids being alchemists and everything, but not 'flame alchemists', that's for sure.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 3 2011, 04:26 PM
Post #22472

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^ Those are two good questions! smile.gif

====

Since this year's "Royai Day Celebration" organizer is currently busy studying hard for exams... ^^

Reminder!!!

Only One Week till this year's FMA.com board Royai Day Celebration!!

Have you started with your fanfic (any length), fanart, AMV, MMV, whatnot for Royai Day?

Remember... this year's theme is: "What I like about Roy/Riza and/or Royai"!!

It's a flood, and not a contest so EVERYONE who contributes will be a Winner!

Hope to see your fanfic/fanart/whatnot on this thread on Royai Day!! biggrin.gif

===

Thank you, and now please go back to regular discussions. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schnabeltier
post Jun 3 2011, 06:59 PM
Post #22473

Citizen

Member No.: 81,123

QUOTE (HawkseyeM1910 @ Jun 4 2011, 02:17 AM) *
Sorry for breaking this discussion if it was still going on, but I have a couple of questions out of curiosity (or fun?) for anyone who wants to put their "two cenz" (witty? tongue.gif) in.

Related to the manga, I've read fan-fics where people write about their pre-military days, (when Roy was still an apprentice) and in most fics, they are made out to be really close friends and that Roy lived with them for years. I am guessing that is what most believe it was like.
Q: What do you think their relationship was like pre-military? Do you think Roy stayed with them for years?

Not related to the manga,
Q: If Roy and Riza did have kids do you think they would pass on Flame Alchemy?

Actually I've been thinking about this quite recently, and I don't think they really had an opportunity to interact much. I'd say they got along pretty well, but I don't think they actually knew each other at a very deep and personal level, however I think that there's a degree of trust and they're pretty comfortable with each other, as Turdaewen said. I think he would have stayed for a few years with them. There's one issue I can't really resolve in my mind and it's the way they address each other. I get that Hawkeye called him Mustang-san / Mr. Mustang because he's probably older plus she's being polite and all, but Roy calling her Riza with zero honorifics is interesting, but I'm thinking it has to do with that trust.

They definitely would not pass on Flame Alchemy. It's very dangerous and powerful knowledge, and even if you say they'd probably teach their kid what's wrong and what's right, there are still tendencies for people to stray off their path and we've seen that the kind of power it wields is a pretty heavy burden and responsibility. The fact that Riza asks him to burn his back, and the fact that he agrees, is more than enough proof that they're aware of it, and that no one else should know how to use it.

Just for good measure, I don't think Riza would teach their kid to hold a gun either. They'd be less strongly opposed, maybe, considering Riza did hand over a gun to Ed once. Although, I suppose that was a fairly dire situation anyhow. I'm pretty sure they're the type of people to let their kids grow up to have a normal life.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jun 3 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #22474

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (Schnabeltier @ Jun 3 2011, 10:59 PM) *
QUOTE (HawkseyeM1910 @ Jun 4 2011, 02:17 AM) *
Sorry for breaking this discussion if it was still going on, but I have a couple of questions out of curiosity (or fun?) for anyone who wants to put their "two cenz" (witty? tongue.gif) in.

Related to the manga, I've read fan-fics where people write about their pre-military days, (when Roy was still an apprentice) and in most fics, they are made out to be really close friends and that Roy lived with them for years. I am guessing that is what most believe it was like.
Q: What do you think their relationship was like pre-military? Do you think Roy stayed with them for years?

Not related to the manga,
Q: If Roy and Riza did have kids do you think they would pass on Flame Alchemy?

Actually I've been thinking about this quite recently, and I don't think they really had an opportunity to interact much. I'd say they got along pretty well, but I don't think they actually knew each other at a very deep and personal level, however I think that there's a degree of trust and they're pretty comfortable with each other, as Turdaewen said. I think he would have stayed for a few years with them. There's one issue I can't really resolve in my mind and it's the way they address each other. I get that Hawkeye called him Mustang-san / Mr. Mustang because he's probably older plus she's being polite and all, but Roy calling her Riza with zero honorifics is interesting, but I'm thinking it has to do with that trust.

They definitely would not pass on Flame Alchemy. It's very dangerous and powerful knowledge, and even if you say they'd probably teach their kid what's wrong and what's right, there are still tendencies for people to stray off their path and we've seen that the kind of power it wields is a pretty heavy burden and responsibility. The fact that Riza asks him to burn his back, and the fact that he agrees, is more than enough proof that they're aware of it, and that no one else should know how to use it.

Just for good measure, I don't think Riza would teach their kid to hold a gun either. They'd be less strongly opposed, maybe, considering Riza did hand over a gun to Ed once. Although, I suppose that was a fairly dire situation anyhow. I'm pretty sure they're the type of people to let their kids grow up to have a normal life.

I think Riza could even get to help her kids with guns... once they're grown up and IF they ever joined to military. And only in those circumstances. But she definitely will not impose that in her kids while growing up and, maybe, wouldn't be all "oh, goody" if they did decided to join the Military. It's a honorable and important job, but a heavy and demand one and I think Riza would only agree with them joining if they were fully aware of the consequences.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
yadi ina
post Jun 4 2011, 01:55 AM
Post #22475

Citizen

Member No.: 72,859

TwT Ask what the competition because they knew how to put it right, it relates to call. Remember that my mother language is Spanish and this is my first "Royai day" in the forum. I do not aspire to win anything.

And responding to questions from HawkseyeM1910:

1 .- I think that Roy, in fact if he lived several years with the Hawkeye, but who do not spend much time at home was Riza. Recall that she tells Roy that "fortunately her father sent her to school" I guess some kind of a student at boarding school, as his father looked so immersed in alchemy to deal with a child. So do not think possible a close relationship between them. I guess they saw little time on holiday but he studied with his father, so I was too busy to socialize. I think the close relationship born after the civil war Ishbal, when they have a common goal and come together to achieve it.

2 .- As the children and the flame alchemy.
Like everybody, I think that neither would be interested in teaching their children this power. Remember that they are working to build a better future for coming generations. It would be very sad in the end, their children had to use it.

hey, I have a question about the schedule for "royai day, if I live near California .... what time would be for me?

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 4 2011, 04:05 AM
Post #22476

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

@yadi ina Don't worry, Royai day is not a competition --as Tombow said in the notice above, everyone who participates in Royai day is a winner. happy.gif
No voting, no prizes, no losers: It's just a way to celebrate our love of Royai with each other.

Royai day is being held from 12 AM June 11th - 11:59 PM June 12th in relation to the international date line; so no matter where you are, everyone's 11th June will be included. So just stick to those times within your own time-zone.

As for HawkseyeM1910's question, I pretty much agree with what xUltimate_Shieldx, Turdaewen and others have said. I wouldn't know what else to add without regurgitating what's already been said. laugh.gif

And I have to say, Lady Norbert's Flowers of Antimony is AMAZING! I don't read fanfics too often, but this one got me hooked. I was up reading it all last night and couldn't wait to get up in the morning to finish it (which I did tongue.gif). I really enjoyed it and certainly recommend it. I can't wait to start reading the next two instalments of the trilogy (which I'll be doing very soon)! wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 4 2011, 07:52 AM
Post #22477

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

HawkseyeM1910--I agree with what everyone's said for your questions, and I have nothing original to add.

yadi ina--I see A Pierrot's Aria (Side note to her: Thank you, by the way!) already answered your question. She's correct: this is just everyone posting whatever they want that shows us why they love Royai so much, with no competition. Honestly, if you'd like to post something in Spanish and briefly summarize it as best you can in English, that would be fine; we do have a few Spanish speakers here. (I'm not exactly fluent, but I took enough that, if you're writing something and would be more comfortable doing so in Spanish but would also like a translation, I could probably help.)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
LadyNorbert
post Jun 4 2011, 08:26 AM
Post #22478

Citizen

Member No.: 80,327

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Jun 4 2011, 07:05 AM) *
And I have to say, Lady Norbert's Flowers of Antimony is AMAZING! I don't read fanfics too often, but this one got me hooked. I was up reading it all last night and couldn't wait to get up in the morning to finish it (which I did tongue.gif). I really enjoyed it and certainly recommend it. I can't wait to start reading the next two instalments of the trilogy (which I'll be doing very soon)! wub.gif

Wow, did I walk in here at the right moment! Askhgasdhgwe thank you very much! I'm almost finished with The Game of Three Generals - now that I've gotten through the most difficult chapter to write, the rest should come easily. I'll be spending Royai Day, as I mentioned before, at my goddaughter's wedding so finishing the trilogy before I leave is my contribution to the celebrations.

Again, thank you very much for the glowing review! blush.gif

--------------------
The Elemental Chess Trilogy - an unofficial FMA sequel
Flowers of Antimony ~ Brilliancy ~ The Game of Three Generals
Prequel: Triumvirate

The trilogy at TV Tropes

+Quote Post
Schnabeltier
post Jun 4 2011, 11:23 AM
Post #22479

Citizen

Member No.: 81,123

Agreeing with A Pierrot's Aria. I've been reading fics lately myself, stumbled across it and I have to agree that it's got me hooked as well. I haven't gotten around to reading the third one though, but I have to say that everything was very well thought of.

LadyNorbert, congratulations on your goddaughter's wedding! The same day as Royai day? Interesting coincidence. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaori Ayanami
post Jun 4 2011, 03:41 PM
Post #22480

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,575

QUOTE (yadi ina @ Jun 4 2011, 02:55 AM) *
Remember that my mother language is Spanish and this is my first "Royai day" in the forum.

También la mía, así que si quieres revisar la traducción de alguno de tus textos mándamelo por PM y te ayudo con gusto. smile.gif

Now this is a good thing for me to do at Royai day, since I can't draw nor cosplay, and I can hardly write something, decent or not: to translate texts written in Spanish to English.

So you are Yai ina from Fanfiction.net? I remember reading part of "Ella jura que jamás" ("She swears never...") and liking it. I also recommended Una luz al final del túnel ("A light at the end of the tunnel") on this thread. ^^

+Quote Post
LadyNorbert
post Jun 4 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #22481

Citizen

Member No.: 80,327

QUOTE (Schnabeltier @ Jun 4 2011, 02:23 PM) *
LadyNorbert, congratulations on your goddaughter's wedding! The same day as Royai day? Interesting coincidence. tongue.gif

Thank you, Schnabeltier! Yes, they're getting married on Royai Day, and the fun part is that not only are they FMA fans themselves, but she's blonde and he has black hair! They didn't know about Royai Day, though, because they're not active in fandom; when I told them they had a really good laugh about it.

--------------------
The Elemental Chess Trilogy - an unofficial FMA sequel
Flowers of Antimony ~ Brilliancy ~ The Game of Three Generals
Prequel: Triumvirate

The trilogy at TV Tropes

+Quote Post
yadi ina
post Jun 6 2011, 07:19 PM
Post #22482

Citizen

Member No.: 72,859

QUOTE (Kaori Ayanami @ Jun 4 2011, 04:41 PM) *
QUOTE (yadi ina @ Jun 4 2011, 02:55 AM) *
Remember that my mother language is Spanish and this is my first "Royai day" in the forum.

También la mía, así que si quieres revisar la traducción de alguno de tus textos mándamelo por PM y te ayudo con gusto. smile.gif

Now this is a good thing for me to do at Royai day, since I can't draw nor cosplay, and I can hardly write something, decent or not: to translate texts written in Spanish to English.

So you are Yai ina from Fanfiction.net? I remember reading part of "Ella jura que jamás" ("She swears never...") and liking it. I also recommended Una luz al final del túnel ("A light at the end of the tunnel") on this thread. ^^

Yes, i´m Yai ina of Fandiction.net and YAiina of deviantart... (yai ina always in all forums n__n) Thanks for the offer, takes it into account for celebrate this beautiful day. I am currently working with a doujinshi project and maybe we could pass it to both languages​​. (If time permits, because I'm still developing the story)

Woow, you read "Ella jura que jamas"... I have only one little question about that. You support our dear Roy, or would you give a small opportunity to Josh Fokker? (I've had problems is to continue it = D)

I'm excited, and I want the day to see the work of all. = D

--------------------

+Quote Post
angelstar2408
post Jun 9 2011, 01:37 PM
Post #22483

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,378

Woah... Been a while since I posted. O_O
But I've always been reading through the posts. We sure have gotten a lot bigger, ne? XD

As for Royai day, I'm suuuuuper excited! ^.^
Just finished my poem a minute ago. Can't wait to flood with everyone tomorrow! >.<

--------------------

I DON'T own the avatar and the signature. Signature was customized by me. :)

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 10 2011, 09:07 AM
Post #22484

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

*Ahem*

Happy Royai Day!!!

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ May 6 2011, 11:18 PM) *
celebrating from the 12 AM that starts June 11th on the west side of the International Date Line and celebrate until 11:59PM June 12th on the west side of the International Date Line

So... Royai Day is officially "ON" now!!! (actually, it has already started xp)
If you're in Tonga, June 11 started about 5 hours ago, for Royai fans in Tokyo, June 11 started about one hour ago, in Sydney June 11 started about two hours ago, for many South Asian Royai fans (in Singapore, Manila, Kuala Lumpur...) June 11 has just started. biggrin.gif

Guys/ladies, you can post your Royai Day fanarts/fanfics/whatnot on this thread now. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 10 2011, 10:25 AM
Post #22485

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

HAPPY ROYAI DAY, EVERYONE!!!

Stop...Picture time! (Random pics that have been hiding on my computer (and in jacksparrow's Royai album-which I suggest people take a look at for further Royai--y goodness!) for what seems like forever and have been probably been shown A LOT. tongue.gif Credit goes to respective owners for fanart.)

I hope your Royai day projects are going well and hope to see them all soon!! I'm getting there...slowly...hahaha! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 09:26 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css