HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
A Pierrot's Aria
post Apr 15 2010, 06:38 AM
Post #20326

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

@Tian Ai Agreed. I really do hope that he does become fuhrer, even if it's just for a while so he can help the country in some way. I think after all of the ambitions set in FMA, I think it'd be a little empty for none of them to be fulfilled. It would seem as though everything was for naught.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Apr 15 2010, 06:40 AM
Post #20327

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,760

Tian Ai hello! Codename Elizabeth drops in now and then, if I remember correctly.

There's no way anybody else would learn flame alchemy on such a short notice. Even Edward who 1) knows array on Roy's gloves by heart 2) has seen the truth isn't able to reproduce it. Maybe Hohenheim? He could have some tricks still down his sleeve wink.gif

I don't know what I will do once FMA is over. Read the manga again, making up unnecessary theories of what may happen next. Start writing fanfiction? Who knows? Hope that Arakawa-sensei comes up with a new manga as good as this one?

+Quote Post
Tian Ai
post Apr 15 2010, 06:47 AM
Post #20328

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,879

Perriot - After the superior epicness of the whole series, I wouldn't expect anything less of the ending. Each new chapter never ceases to surprise, so I'm really wondering how it'd end. The whole journey has been to find a way to get to the Truth and recover what has been lost, and later on to save Amestris, but I'm sure Ms. Arakawa has more up her sleeve than that.

SneakyRuler - That's good to hear! It's nice to meet you as well smile.gif
Now that I think about it, another character learning flame alchemy is a bit far-fetched. I don't doubt their ability to learn it on short notice, because they are all extremely gifted, but it's more of the fact that it would be "stealing" Roy's role...? I don't think Arakawa would have it happen.

Even if it's Arakawa-sensei.. it just won't be FMA! >.<

--------------------

・守るよ・
リザ・ロイ
--------
[DeviantArt]

Original artwork by Chocolate Queen

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Apr 15 2010, 06:50 AM
Post #20329

Group Icon

^Yeah. : ) I'm sure she won't disappoint with the ending! She doesn't seem the sort of person who would end everything on a horrible note.

And I was also thinking that it would be "stealing" Roy's role if someone was to randomly use flame alchemy; it sort of takes me back to the thought that Roy could be able to come into the fight and do something really cool. =P

I'm looking forward to the new chapter more and more. xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tian Ai
post Apr 15 2010, 07:33 AM
Post #20330

Alchemists

Perriot - Yep, after all, our Roy is the one and ONLY Flame Alchemist! =]

You don't think Arakawa would kill off either one of them? Well, if she did, the other would probably follow suit, but... nah, it can't happen.
Hey, I wonder if the Truth takes other people as sacrifices. In Roy's case... seeing how his weakness is his comrades, especially Riza, wouldn't the worst punishment be to lose her than to lose his own body parts?

Depressing thought.
Also, I just read several of the past pages. Someone suggested Roy filling in Riza's tattoo, putting his hand on her back and rapid-firing away, hahahahaha. Oh god... tears.

--------------------

・守るよ・
リザ・ロイ
--------
[DeviantArt]

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Apr 15 2010, 08:38 AM
Post #20331

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Apr 15 2010, 02:38 PM) *
@Tian Ai Agreed. I really do hope that he does become fuhrer, even if it's just for a while so he can help the country in some way. I think after all of the ambitions set in FMA, I think it'd be a little empty for none of them to be fulfilled. It would seem as though everything was for naught.

And remember, there's the 520-cenz promise. Arakawa didn't include that for no reason, something has to come of it, even if Roy doesn't become Fuhrer he could do something equally as good.

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Apr 15 2010, 08:58 AM
Post #20332

Group Icon

^Ah yes, definitely! : ) Part of that promise was him becoming fuhrer/changing the system into a democracy, so I'm quite sure that that's what Roy will do. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 15 2010, 09:04 AM
Post #20333

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (Tian Ai @ Apr 15 2010, 11:33 AM) *
Perriot - Yep, after all, our Roy is the one and ONLY Flame Alchemist! =]

You don't think Arakawa would kill off either one of them? Well, if she did, the other would probably follow suit, but... nah, it can't happen.
Hey, I wonder if the Truth takes other people as sacrifices. In Roy's case... seeing how his weakness is his comrades, especially Riza, wouldn't the worst punishment be to lose her than to lose his own body parts?

Depressing thought.
Also, I just read several of the past pages. Someone suggested Roy filling in Riza's tattoo, putting his hand on her back and rapid-firing away, hahahahaha. Oh god... tears.

Hey, Tian Ai! ^^ Welcome back! \o/

So, I leave for one night and there's this much posts O.O

So, I don't think Arakawa would kill neither of them. If she was to kill them, she would have done it already and, let's face it: they already did too much and happened too much to both in the last few chapters, so I doubt they'll still too much of the spotlight from now on.

About the tatoo, some people even suggested RIZA would use flame alchemy! ¬_¬' Seriously?? Not gonna happen. XD

And I think Arakawa had said enough about what she usually do for an ending and gave quite a lot of 'clues' that they'll both end up at least alive and that there's chances of Roy actually becoming Führer (Blind or not).
More than that, I don't take my chances in guessing, cause I rather be surprised and try to analyze what has happened already.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Apr 15 2010, 10:08 AM
Post #20334

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Turdaewen--Good luck with not guessing! Every time I say that, another theory pops into my head! Noooooo...

Tian Ai--Welcome back! I guess you've already got the scoop on who's still around. (It's great that there are tons of new people since '07, but sad that not many of the members from earlier than that seem to have actively stuck around...)

FailToImpress--Up until you'd mentioned it, I'd forotten the 520 cenz promise! And if Roy's going to be around to pay that off, he's gotta have someone to help and to bear witness. Now, who do we know who would fit the bill perfectly for that? wink.gif

I also think the whole "they've been put through enough already--just give them a happy ending!" argument is completely and totally valid. (Both because I love happy endings and because FMA is about earning your happy ending.)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Apr 15 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #20335

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

I think they're definitely both surviving by now. She wouldn't have done the whole "RIZA'S GONNA DIE -month passes- hey, she'll be all right... OH NO ROY GAH -month passes- ...oh. dang. DAAAAAAAAANG. but he's gonna be all right." thing if she was just going to kill one of them off, I think.

I'm having trouble believing that this will all be resolved by chapter 108, though...

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 15 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #20336

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (Tian Ai @ Apr 15 2010, 06:02 AM) *
Oh boy... how can Roy let her walk around in that cat suit? ;P

WB Tian Ai!

And how can Roy let Riza walk around in a cat suit? Simple. It's for his own benefit (he gets to enjoy the view wink.gif) - besides, since he's dressed as a vampire in that pic and has a cape, I'm sure he'll do the gentlemanly thing and basically give her the cape to cover up when they walk along.

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 15 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #20337

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

That Riza vs. Dragon pic almost killed me...

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
Tian Ai
post Apr 15 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #20338

Alchemists

I'm having trouble believing that this will all be resolved by chapter 108, though...

Katya - Yeah... I agree. Although she usually does end up getting through a lot of content in a chapter, can it really all end in just two more? o.O There's the epic final battle to be finished... she would probably include closures for the Xingese, as well as the little areas of Amestris, to show that things were resolved? And then our main characters, what becomes of them.

Thanks for the welcomes, Kale, Turdaewen and jacksparrow! I remember when I got into FMA ~six years ago... and the weird thing is even if you take a hiatus for 1-2 years, you come back and you actually didn't miss that much in the manga tongue.gif

Turdaewen - I read that theory too! Riza whips out Roy's extra spark gloves and starts exploding a load of stuff... hahahaha that would be quite amazing.

Perhaps Roy can somehow merge his alchemy with her sharpshooting?

--------------------

・守るよ・
リザ・ロイ
--------
[DeviantArt]

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Apr 15 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #20339

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

First of all, welcome back to the thread, Tian Ai! You've certainly picked a good time to return to the thread, with all the mounds of RoyAi we've been getting recently. I can hardly remember the dark ages about three years ago, when Roy and Riza vanished for months and months on end after chapter 74 *shudders from memory*

I can hardly believe it's ending in 108 chapters, either, but if anyone can do it, it's Arakawa. Or maybe she'll be unpredictable as usual and extend it for another year! *is shot*

What would be everyone's idea ending for the couple, in all seriousness? A casual, unspoken way of getting together, that's more implied than stated, or something more direct, or something like an epilogue revealing that they've had a dozen babies they're happy together...? And what about Roy becoming Fuhrer? Any preferences/predicitions?

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Apr 15 2010, 05:14 PM
Post #20340

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Apr 15 2010, 06:52 PM) *
What would be everyone's idea ending for the couple, in all seriousness? A casual, unspoken way of getting together, that's more implied than stated, or something more direct, or something like an epilogue revealing that they've had a dozen babies they're happy together...? And what about Roy becoming Fuhrer? Any preferences/predicitions?

When it comes to the ending for Royai, (which is sadly, fast approaching), I would be content knowing that both of them are together (not TOGETHER,together, you know what I mean) and intend to stay that way for a long long time. I think that if both of them are alive at the end of the series *crosses fingers* that there has been more than enough evidence throughout the series to say that they will someday be in a relationship. I would not, however, be upset with a more full-blown Royai ending. Ya know with the crazy love confessions and whatnot. I wouldn't mind that too much at all. biggrin.gif Thing is, as soldiers they're more collected with their feelings, so I doubt that would happen. :/

As for me, I would definitely like Roy to become Fuhrer. I don't care too much for the idea of Olivier being one, as awesome as she is, she joined in the series a little late in the game to gain my preference.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 02:46 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css