HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sexual Discrimination
Sexual discrimination
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 18
Guests cannot vote 
Roy Jr.
post Sep 6 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,716

Read this situation:

Ammie told her friends that she had just met Jessica Marino, a woman running for position of city mayor, and she was impressed by how articulate and knowledgeable she seemed. One of her friends, Mike, commented, "maybe so, but no woman candidate will get my vote."

What could Ammie say? What might happen? huh.gif

Sexual discrimination is still present. Even though women are taking jobs which were originaly done by men, they are still being discriminated.

Express your views on this.

Watch this AMV to lighten up your mood. Anything you can do, I can do better. laugh.gif

(I made this because my mom's job application was turned down just because she's female.)

--------------------
IPB Image
Amazing siggy by: Nil-chan!
My Forum family: big sis(s):Greeneyes Alchemist, sweety pie, Hollow Souled Alchemist sis:Miyuki-chan [i]

I love you, you love me
Let's go out and kill Barney
With a bang bang Barney's on the floor
No more stupid dinosour!
-Barney Hater
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Sep 6 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #2

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

I don't see Ammies problem. If Ammie is to stupid to think up a half decent counter argument then it's her problem. The fact it's about a disscussion about a female elctoral candidate leaves me confused about what we're talking about: Ammie being thick or the guy not voting on grounds of gender bias.

I'll assume it's about Ammie being thick;

What could Ammie say?

Ammie could have said "Well whats wrong with being a woman?" for a start, pointed out how Ms. Marino's stances and views were suppirior to the other candidates and generaly talked her up.

What might happen?

The worst that could have happend is that the guy beats, rapes and murders her but more likely he just wouldn't listen. More likely still is that he will consider what she said, have an innner debate an then vote for someone else based on other reasons.

Sexual discrimination is still present. Even though women are taking jobs which were originaly done by men, they are still being discriminated.

Women have the vote, have almost absolute power over most men and get lighter prison sentences or criminal fines. There better of the than poor Black guys atleast. rolleyes.gif

Ofcourse sometimes men are at the reciving end of Gender Bias;
Man hits man > Man = thug
Man hits Woman > Man = Monster
Woman hits man > Man = b*tch
Woman hits Woman > Woman = Catty

Semi-citation. The husband (Ross Kemp) is British TV hardman. The media pretty much made it a big joke. If it had been Ms. Wade on the reciving end it would have been vastly diffrent.

I'm not saying women aren't discriminated against, I'm just saying there is also gender Bias against men (lesser though it is).

infact Women are making tremendous progress and are meerly waylaid by certian stupid femminists.
There were huge arguments over "Should it be Policeman or Policeperson?"
Who the hell cares? When you're trying to solve a triple homicide I don't think simantics really matters.
Then you have the hypocrisy of having "Girls only book/card clubs" while bitching about male only clubs.
It's femminists like that who weaken the cause of all women.

(I made this because my mom's job application was turned down just because she's female.)

I somehow doubt thats true (from a legal point of view atleast).

Also the AMV only serves to irrritate me. Watching two people have a contest to see who can sing higher only cheapens he gender "war." (I'm aware it's just a "funny" song...)

Please excuse any bad spelling. It's 3:40am and bloody humid. I'm only here because I can't get to sleep...

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Roy Jr.
post Sep 6 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #3

Alchemists

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Sep 6 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]442742[/snapback]

I don't see Ammies problem. If Ammie is to stupid to think up a half decent counter argument then it's her problem. The fact it's about a disscussion about a female elctoral candidate leaves me confused about what we're talking about: Ammie being thick or the guy not voting on grounds of gender bias.

I'll assume it's about Ammie being thick;

What could Ammie say?

Ammie could have said "Well whats wrong with being a woman?" for a start, pointed out how Ms. Marino's stances and views were suppirior to the other candidates and generaly talked her up.

What might happen?

The worst that could have happend is that the guy beats, rapes and murders her but more likely he just wouldn't listen. More likely still is that he will consider what she said, have an innner debate an then vote for someone else based on other reasons.

Women have the vote, have almost absolute power over most men and get lighter prison sentences or criminal fines. There better of the than poor Black guys atleast. rolleyes.gif

Ofcourse sometimes men are at the reciving end of Gender Bias;
Man hits man > Man = thug
Man hits Woman > Man = Monster
Woman hits man > Man = b*tch
Woman hits Woman > Woman = Catty

Semi-citation. The husband (Ross Kemp) is British TV hardman. The media pretty much made it a big joke. If it had been Ms. Wade on the reciving end it would have been vastly diffrent.

I'm not saying women aren't discriminated against, I'm just saying there is also gender Bias against men (lesser though it is).

infact Women are making tremendous progress and are meerly waylaid by certian stupid femminists.
There were huge arguments over "Should it be Policeman or Policeperson?"
Who the hell cares? When you're trying to solve a triple homicide I don't think simantics really matters.
Then you have the hypocrisy of having "Girls only book/card clubs" while bitching about male only clubs.
It's femminists like that who weaken the cause of all women.

I somehow doubt thats true (from a legal point of view atleast).

Also the AMV only serves to irrritate me. Watching two people have a contest to see who can sing higher only cheapens he gender "war." (I'm aware it's just a "funny" song...)

Please excuse any bad spelling. It's 3:40am and bloody humid. I'm only here because I can't get to sleep...

About that, the interviewer deirectly spat it on her face.(The interviewer was obviously pissed of for some reason. But he didn't have the right to do that.)
But...
Once again, you're the first to reply.
You gave great feedback, and I respect your opinion.
Actually, you enlightened me. wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
My Forum family: big sis(s):Greeneyes Alchemist, sweety pie, Hollow Souled Alchemist sis:Miyuki-chan [i]

I love you, you love me
No more stupid dinosour!
-Barney Hater

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Sep 6 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #4

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

About that, the interviewer deirectly spat it on her face.

You could have said that from the start. In some countries that could be seen as assult...Where are you (simply so I know the cultral situation abit better), you can just say what country?

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Roy Jr.
post Sep 6 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #5

Alchemists

Oh well, I live in the Philippines.
And yeah, it was an assault and my dad is filing a complaint.

--------------------
IPB Image

I love you, you love me
No more stupid dinosour!
-Barney Hater

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 7 2006, 01:21 AM
Post #6

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(Roy Jr. @ Sep 6 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]442786[/snapback]
Oh well, I live in the Philippines.
And yeah, it was an assault and my dad is filing a complaint.
Well, in the U.S., we have many female Mayers, and Senetors, and representatives, and these days they are common enough that I don't think being a female candidte is considered disadvantage for those positions.

However, the Presiden of the U.S., now that's a different story.
So far, we have had no female President.
Is U.S. ready for female president?? I'm not sure.

In that regard, I think Philippines are ahead of U.S., with Mrs. Cory Aquino having been president. sleep.gif

But, yeah, I think both Philippines and U.S. still have a long way to go before being free of any sexual discriminations (if any such state can exists.).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Sep 7 2006, 03:32 AM
Post #7

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

We did have a female Prime Minister, and she was either feared or hated, respected perhaps by the people in her party. Whatever people felt she got into power and was certainly never looked down upon just because she was a woman.

I don't think the sexes are equal when it comes to the work place, but in saying that women have nearly always had maternity leave whereas men have had to fight for paternity leave.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ed_drink_your_mi...
post Sep 7 2006, 01:16 PM
Post #8

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 39,252

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Sep 7 2006, 03:32 AM) [snapback]442876[/snapback]

I don't think the sexes are equal when it comes to the work place, but in saying that women have nearly always had maternity leave whereas men have had to fight for paternity leave.

Well yeah, that's because men don't get pregnant!

Well, I think that there is still gender discrimination in some places and situations, but overall, I think that we're doing pretty well. Actually, i think some feminists take it a few steps to far, trying to get rights tha nobody else has and when they don't get them they complain of discrimination. Also, i think that the whole college sport situation has gotten quite rediculous. I agree that if there are enough women to start a team, a team should be started, but to cancel mens sports just because there aren't enough women to start a women team is rediculous. I mean, honestly, how many women want to wrestle in college. Not many. BUt that shouldn't mean that there can't be a mens team, and that has happened at some colleges before. I think that fighting for womens rights is great, but in moderation and within reason.

(btw, i live the the USA)

--------------------
Apprentice and fellow Button Klutz to Seventh_sky *grubbly fist* [stolen]

^<3 Zarp^

+Quote Post
Matt Perry
post Sep 7 2006, 01:33 PM
Post #9

Apprentice

Member No.: 23,608

Typically, the problem is...

Women want equality without the negatives. In some cases, I can understand where you feel its not equal, like the branches of government, however it getting better,

In factories. Women may not wish to I dunno, get dirty, hurt themselves, etc.. May feel that men have it easier without a degree. Wrong, you see, if you are not successful, you can't choose. But, some may still wish of that. I mean, I've yet to look at statistics showing this, but it could be a problem.

In businesses, if a man says somethignsexual or so about a woman, they have to go to a class to show them how to treat a lady? Yeah, that's fair. God knows women will use slander and libel.

Typically, women get the better, paternity leave, not sure for how long as stated above, ettiquette(sp) classes, etc..

Females, in their teenage years, can babysit. Now look this may not seem liek a huge job but some people will pay tons for this, however most parents aren't to reluctant about allowing a male watch their female child, or their younger child, however they do females. Now, there are rare occasions when males are able to be placed in a babysitting position, but mainly females.

I don't see where the equality issue is?

Job applications cannot be turned down due to race or sex, it is a law of america. So, if someone feels that is why they did not get the job, they can bring that up with the "super-intendant" of the business/factory/other work place.

..//Perry

--------------------
-- Matt Perry, Roleplay Portal Moderator --
<Your sig is too big (tall) for this board. The Max sig space for our board,
including all texts and pics, is 500 pix wide x 300 pix high, which is this much space.
Please contain all your sig stuff within this size. Thank you!! >

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/mtp...66337875252.jpg
-- I'd tap it if I were Setsuna. --
-- 'Cause Konoka be looking fine. --
-- Call me a KonoSetsu shipper, no, call me a KonoSetsu addict. --

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Sep 7 2006, 01:34 PM
Post #10

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

No women in my army.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Sep 7 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #11

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

QUOTE(Void @ Sep 7 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]442983[/snapback]

No women in my army.

No men on my internets. GTFO.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ed_drink_your_mi...
post Sep 7 2006, 01:39 PM
Post #12

No women in my army.

Why not??

QUOTE(Matt Perry @ Sep 7 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]442982[/snapback]

Females, in their teenage years, can babysit. Now look this may not seem liek a huge job but some people will pay tons for this, however most parents aren't to reluctant about allowing a male watch their female child, or their younger child, however they do females. Now, there are rare occasions when males are able to be placed in a babysitting position, but mainly females.

well, that goes the other way too. not many people will hire a female to say..mow the lawn, or get a paper route, stuff like that.

and, when i was six or so I had a male babysitter!

--------------------

^<3 Zarp^

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Sep 7 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #13

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Sep 7 2006, 04:39 PM) [snapback]442985[/snapback]

No women in my army.

Why not??

Because the average woman is far less capable of handling the mental and physical demands of armed combat than the average man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Sep 7 2006, 01:44 PM
Post #14

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

In that case, no caucasians in my army while we're in the desert. The average caucasian is less physically and mentally prepared to deal with sunburn and heatstroke.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ed_drink_your_mi...
post Sep 7 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Void @ Sep 7 2006, 01:43 PM) [snapback]442988[/snapback]

QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Sep 7 2006, 04:39 PM) [snapback]442985[/snapback]

No women in my army.

Why not??

Because the average woman is far less capable of handling the mental and physical demands of armed combat than the average man.

true, but that's only the average woman! and anyway, the army needs more then just foot soldiers!

--------------------

^<3 Zarp^

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 02:59 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css