HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
dec4rhapsody
post Jun 20 2010, 03:51 PM
Post #21706

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,149

QUOTE (SneakyRuler @ Jun 21 2010, 06:26 AM) *
QUOTE (dec4rhapsody @ Jun 20 2010, 11:24 PM) *
<-Is it OK that I don't put that in spoilers?

Usually, if your comment applies to something not general (like x dislike) and you discuss happenings in anime episode over 30 or later manga chapters, it's better if you use them wink.gif
Generally, there might be people coming to this forums who don't read manga and didn't catch up on Brotherhood yet so it's better to be on the safe side biggrin.gif

I HATED Miki Shinichiro first 4 episodes laugh.gif And I slightly disliked him after that... until Hughes' funeral , if I recall correctly. Now he's become "my Roy" but geez, it took some time. Strangely, he was the only one I had issues with even though he's wonderful voice actor and there were other changes in the voice cast (which I didn't mind at all or got used to almost immediately).

Thank you! I've got it done.

As for Miki, the reason I absolutely LOATHE him is that...out of 20 Anime OTPs of mine, 7 of the male part are voiced by him!!

Would it be proper to describe that as aesthetic fatigue or am I just Tsundere?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
heartwing713
post Jun 20 2010, 07:07 PM
Post #21707

Citizen

Member No.: 71,431

Ep. 19 was great! Colleen did a wonderful job, and so did Travis! I've always loved the way they play Riza and Roy. Colleen though...man, she really did particularly well on this episode. And Lust...OH MY GOSH. Her voice actor did some amazing amazing work as well! I think I want to go watch it again...

By the way...can anyone pm me with a link to watch ep. 62 subbed? The place I usually watch it had a downright horrible translation this time, even though they're usually very good. (For example, did Hohenheim yell, "Drugs!" when Father blew up the building in the manga? And since when does "nii-san" translate to "dude"? Yes...Al was yelling "dude!" at Ed in that scene.)
Anyway, yeah, links would be great. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 20 2010, 07:14 PM
Post #21708

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

^WOW what translating group was that? That's hysterical! And... horrible. XD

I like Miki... he's got a really smooth and nice voice, whereas Travis has a rougher voice. But both suit the character well! I laughed so hard during Travis's take on the phone call scene. Omigod that was so over the top. I loved it.

And Fumiko and Colleen play Riza pretty differently as well... the difference was really obvious in episode 19, now that I've heard the dubbed version of that episode. But once again, both voices still suit the character! That can be rare to find in dubbed anime..

--------------------

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Jun 20 2010, 07:39 PM
Post #21709

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

I dang, we've gone past the ep 62 discussion? Oh well, I just woke up (even though it's 12:30 in the afternoon), and I'm posing my thoughts, dammit. tongue.gif

So like, a number of people were saying that BONES hates Royai? Oh course they do, that's why they did what they did in episode 61 for us. Ho ho ho... err, sorry. Anyway, I havent actually watched it yet, but I like how they've done the Royai scene for this episode, more so in the manga. Even when reading the manga I was like "Aaaw, they've got their arms around each other... how did he clap his hands when his arm was all the way over there? Oh well, it's a manga, inconsistencies are allowed." But in cartoons, not so much. It's more practical if his arm isnt around her and vise versa, they'd just get tangled up in each other (as much as we'd like to see that, we have a plot that needs to stay on track). Besides, it still leads to EPIC

http://randomc.net/image/Fullmetal%20Alche...0Large%2018.jpg

I looooooove that screenshottttttt. It's like, I can hear it now, in the background! "Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do? WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THEY COME FOR YOU?!"

... EDIT: Oh I forgot, they missed the part where he held her hand and was leading her out right? I guess that is a bummer. Compensation for the previous episode?

@Episode 19 dubbed
Havent watched it yet, will get around to it though. I also prefer Riza's Japanaese VA, mostly because her English one is so low. Also when I watched anime1 there was really no emotion there at all. But I'm sure she's improved ten-fold smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 20 2010, 08:12 PM
Post #21710

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Okay. Just found the dub of 19 on a different site. Two words: EPIC WIN. And not just Royai, but all around. Although, of course, the Royai bits are my favorites. smile.gif I love Riza's snarkiness in Brotherhood. Yeah, she can sass back and get away with it, and it works very well.

_Jelly--Either my computer sucks or that screenshot link is broken. I wanna see it in all its wondrous glory, though!

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
heartwing713
post Jun 20 2010, 08:26 PM
Post #21711

Citizen

hand-made-city, I think it was just some individual trying to make a fansub. It didn't say who the translating group was. But, yeah, it was pretty awful. There were other mistakes, too, like Olivier telling Alex to "take the communicator and end it to them good" when she hands him the phone. And apparently Al plans to "leave it to the man" instead of "counting on brother"

Jacksparrow, I agree, I love snarky Riza in the English dub. It's part of what made me like her character in the first place when I watched anime1.

Jelly, sorry, but I can't see that screen either, actually.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jun 20 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #21712

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I go away for about three days and I am behind by six pages.

I haven't watched episode 62 or the dub of 19. But I can't wait to watch them online. Although I did want to watch 19 on the TV. At least I will have the DVD when it comes out. But anyways I digress.

It is disappointing to hear about the Royai scenes from chapter 107 being cut out. But we will manage to carry on so no worries. And besides I thought that Izumi was leaving Sig for Roy. But don't worry Riza has Darius now. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 20 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #21713

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

FMAobsessed--Riza had Darius before Roy had Izumi, though! I mean, Roy left Riza in Darius's care! That practically screams "Take her--you're a far better man for her than I ever will be." tongue.gif

Have I mentioned recently how much I enjoy freaking out/making jokes about the latest Royai screwup in Brotherhood?

Really, though, I do recognize that they're not screwups, and that there are parts that, for whatever reasons that don't (read: they say they don't, but I think otherwise... wink.gif ) have anything whatsoever to do with BONES shipping Royai, are selected to be left out or altered. Simple as that. We get our extra little bits here and there, too, so it's all good in the Royai hood. smile.gif

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Jun 20 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #21714

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

@heartwing713: am I bad for laughing at your horrible experience with subtitles? "Leave it to the man!" Sounds just like our sweet and innocent Al laugh.gif No fansub group has realeased yet, so once either of them is finished, I'm pretty sure the horrible sub is replaced with a new one. I personally always wait for Eclipse, their work is comparable to FUNi subs.

I'm pretty greatful there are fansubs. I'm able to watch FMA Brotherhood youtube channel but it doesn't have my language or English so I'd have to watch Norwegian subs *shudders*

On completely different notes, I tried to draw some royai fanart but I failed miserably. I always figured Riza would be the harder one but I can't get even close to Roy's look! I can't even recreate his face/ facial expressions directly from manga I'm looking at! Good I'm not an artist huh.gif

FMAobsessed: Riza and Darius would make a pairing worth a heroic legend or at least a ballad. Too bad they didn't get the opportunity to know each other better... biggrin.gif Heck, now I'm supporting Jerso/Olivier, that might actually work if Bones doesn't sabotage my OTP again!

+Quote Post
heartwing713
post Jun 20 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #21715

Citizen

I read on 4 chan that Arakawa decided she wasn't happy with the ending and decided to use Brotherhood to reveal the way she really wanted it to happen: Apparently RizaxDarius, Elricest, RoyxIzumi, PinakoxHohenheim, and ArmstrongxSig are canon

No, not really XD

I would die if that happened. And not in a good way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MustangSally
post Jun 20 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #21716

Citizen

Member No.: 73,730

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jun 20 2010, 10:14 PM) *
^WOW what translating group was that? That's hysterical! And... horrible. XD

I like Miki... he's got a really smooth and nice voice, whereas Travis has a rougher voice. But both suit the character well! I laughed so hard during Travis's take on the phone call scene. Omigod that was so over the top. I loved it.

And Fumiko and Colleen play Riza pretty differently as well... the difference was really obvious in episode 19, now that I've heard the dubbed version of that episode. But once again, both voices still suit the character! That can be rare to find in dubbed anime..

That's funny but I hear Miki and Travis' voices just the opposite. To me Travis voice sounds smoother and Miki's sounds rougher.

I have to admit, since starting to watch the subs a few months I have fallen in love with Miki's Mustang voice. I find it very flexible in conveying emotions and sexy too. smile.gif

I like Travis' voice too. I can't remember where I read it but someone complained about his voice being too deep because Mustang was only supposed to be like 30 and that cracked me up. A couple of my favorite tv actors, when they were under 30, had voices deeper than his. Both Texans(like him) so maybe guys from Texas just have deep voices. smile.gif But in any case, it doesn't sound to me to be any deeper than how his Japanese Voice Actor plays him. I figure it's to convey that he's a leader and "grown up" - deep voices are usually considered a way to convey leadership.

That said I have to say I think Miki's might be a more convincing voice actor. He seems better able to convey subtlety in tones, less flat. Sometimes I catch a bit of awkwardness or flatness with Travis but then again it could just be because I actually understand what he's saying without subtitles so maybe I catch things I wouldn't on a voice in a language I don't understand.

I like both Riza's as well, though I sometimes think the English language Riza is played with a voice a bit too deep. On the other hand she is in the military and that could be a factor too, working with a lot of men, so it's probably a valid choice for Riza's characterization.

I watched episode 19 on Cartoon Network Saturday night and thought they both did a great job though. God I live that episode, whether it's in Japanese or English. biggrin.gif Colleen's Riza was especially good with her breakdown.

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Jun 20 2010, 09:16 PM
Post #21717

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

Oh, sorry guys, that screen was of the Riza Roy and Armstrong standing in front of the smoke. It's a cap from random curiosity's blog. And

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IM WATCHING EPISODE 19 IVE NEVER WATCHED THE DUB BEFORE

Okay I lie, I have. Riza's VA, I think HAS impoved. I like it best when she shouts biggrin.gif And she did VERY well in the scene with Lust. I found it more bearable than the Japanese version actually.
But Roy's... hmm, naah I dont like it. Like, at all. Sounds like the voice of a villian... guh.

And who's the failure who editted the opening? And then said that it was the song "again"?

--------------------

+Quote Post
heartwing713
post Jun 20 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #21718

Citizen

I know! They always shorten the themes in the dubs! It bugs me!

Gosh...if it wasn't midnight here, I'd go watch the dubbed ep. 19 again. I just love it so much. I love the subbed version too though....

--------------------

+Quote Post
dec4rhapsody
post Jun 20 2010, 11:37 PM
Post #21719

Citizen

Member No.: 74,149

Well, I still feel trolled with the Darius-Hawkeye eyecatch/Roy-Izumi-whatever-that-was and the altering of the Royai-rabu-rabu-atakku.
Brotherhood is interesting when it comes to Royai, deleting/altering scenes here and there but adding tidbits for fangirl squeal when no one expected that.
Can't wait for the finale.

I still have grudges against Irie's interview on Roy/Hawkeye though.
I posted part of the translation in the temporary Royai discussion thread but it seemingly went unnoticed.

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Jun 21 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #21720

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

I missed a lot.
Who is this Irie?

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 08:12 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css