Ed's Arm In The Movie, Random questions
Envy's lil...
post Apr 8 2005, 08:29 PM
Post #16

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,890

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 8 2005, 08:00 PM)
where can i see the movie trailer because i saw all the fan subed episodes of FMA and i wanna see the trailer
[snapback]149067[/snapback]

Check out the news section. The newest trailer is on there and the link to the movie site should be there too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Edo-mame
post Apr 8 2005, 11:51 PM
Post #17

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,481

Now I'm really confused. I thought that when he went to our world, he lost his automail and got some kind of fake arm put in. When he was packing his little suit case he didn't use his right arm at all and it looked particularly limp. Until he moved it on the train I though it was made of wood and wasn't actually functional(didn't know prostheitics exited during that time). The arm couldn't have been automail could it? I always thought that the automail hand he raised was for symbolism... but then I don't really know how prosthetic works. Automail works by connecting the nerve endings to wires in the automail, if the prothetics then worked like that then perhaps the automail would still work since it is not used via some un-invented method and would still exist. If that is the case then Edo might have swtiched it from automail to a prosthetic that existed during the 1920's.

Does it bother anyone else that the hand of the new arm is gone in that scene? Thats how he is pulling that string on it... so what then, will he will need a new arm? Or does the motor do something....

--------------------
[center]
user posted image
[/center]

+Quote Post
Electrastar
post Apr 9 2005, 10:21 AM
Post #18

Alchemists

Member No.: 9,372

QUOTE(Edo-mame @ Apr 8 2005, 11:51 PM)
Now I'm really confused. I thought that when he went to our world, he lost his automail and got some kind of fake arm put in. When he was packing his little suit case he didn't use his right arm at all and it looked particularly limp. Until he moved it on the train I though it was made of wood and wasn't actually functional(didn't know prostheitics exited during that time). The arm couldn't have been automail could it? I always thought that the automail hand he raised was for symbolism... but then I don't really know how prosthetic works. Automail works by connecting the nerve endings to wires in the automail, if the prothetics then worked like that then perhaps the automail would still work since it is not used via some un-invented method and would still exist. If that is the case then Edo might have swtiched it from automail to a prosthetic that existed during the 1920's.

Does it bother anyone else that the hand of the new arm is gone in that scene? Thats how he is pulling that string on it... so what then, will he will need a new arm? Or does the motor do something....
[snapback]149167[/snapback]

I only saw the trailer once and in pretty smal resolution so I don't remember that part. And no, I don't think it's his automail. I know he retranmuted one because his got pretty damaged in a fight (can't remember wich one) because when Al sacrificed himself to bring Edward back, he restored his brother's body so he had a real arm and a real leg. When Ed brought back his brother and restored his body, he gave up what he had just regained and since automail doesn't exist in our world, he has a different kind of prostectics at the end of the anime series and I think that the automail shot from the train is just symbolism.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ed's_Girl
post Apr 9 2005, 10:26 AM
Post #19

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,090

Yeah. When he got his arm back, was able to transmute his arm or something??

+Quote Post
Syn
post Apr 11 2005, 08:34 PM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 9,458

Wow. This thread sure grew since I last checked back.. And I'm actually *more* confused after reading all this than I was before! (:

I do specifically recall Ed having both his limbs back when he's performing the transmutation which returns Al, and sends him to the other side. So it does seem that he must have re-lost those limbs (unless he was somehow returned to his pre-regained-limbs state? But that would make no sense) as part of the exchange to return Al. I wonder, then, if he ended up on the other side of the gate without those limbs, the way he was prior to originally getting the automail attachments, or if he already had the alternate world equivalent of automail for some reason.. That wasn't explained in the show, but perhaps will be in the movie. It'd clear things up, in any case.

+Quote Post
Jellybean
post Apr 11 2005, 08:57 PM
Post #21

Alchemists

Member No.: 11,397

QUOTE(Tobu Ishi @ Apr 1 2005, 11:35 AM)
And apparently by the time of the movie, he's made some adjustments to it, such as artificial skin.  The artificial skin annoys the heck out of me.  They did /not/ have that in the post-WWI era.  They had better do some good explaining.
[snapback]144349[/snapback]

Stupid question---> Do they have that now?

wacko.gif This thread makes my head hurt. I think I'll just wait for the movie and try not to think about it.

+Quote Post
Syn
post Apr 11 2005, 09:02 PM
Post #22

Citizen

QUOTE(Jellybean @ Apr 11 2005, 08:57 PM)
QUOTE(Tobu Ishi @ Apr 1 2005, 11:35 AM)
And apparently by the time of the movie, he's made some adjustments to it, such as artificial skin.  The artificial skin annoys the heck out of me.  They did /not/ have that in the post-WWI era.  They had better do some good explaining.
[snapback]144349[/snapback]

Stupid question---> Do they have that now?

:wacko: This thread makes my head hurt. I think I'll just wait for the movie and try not to think about it.
[snapback]150962[/snapback]

Sort of. They have a sort of synthetic skin I believe they can use for people like burn victims. Supposedly it doesn't look too real, but I haven't actually see any pics. I'm sure a google search could be more informative. (:

+Quote Post
Edo-mame
post Apr 11 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #23

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,481

I've seen the truth!(and I didn't have to pay a price either tongue.gif *is lame*) The origin and truth about Edo's new arm is[spoiler] Hohenheim made it for him. I assume that the leg was also made by him. The new mag scans translated by Sycia says this so... but I'm worried, it says that Hohenheim's gone missing(Envy... pops into my mind ohmy.gif ) so then who is going to fix Edo's lawn mower of an arm?! (because he sort of broke his arm... again. Thats like the hundredth time???) Haha I don't like Hohenheim much so no love for him tongue.gif[/spoiler]

--------------------
[center]
user posted image
[/center]

+Quote Post
Syn
post Apr 12 2005, 12:19 AM
Post #24

Citizen

Yeah, I saw that in the translation too. Still doesn't answer if he arrived with his old automail limbs or if he was limbless, though. But then, it's not like FMA to leave so many questions unanswered so I'm sure they'll explain.

+Quote Post
Qeomash
post Apr 14 2005, 01:20 PM
Post #25

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,562

What I've always assumed was when Ed came over to our world, he got the automail that he'd had just before Al transmuted him. That arm was, of course, the hastily constructed one he made after Wrath stole his hand.

However, once on our side of the gate, his automail eventually stopped working from lack of maintenance and repair. So, he's been forced to rebuild/fix it himself, hence the lawnmower engine. So, what he will have in the movie is a mechanical arm with fake prostetic skin to try and hide it. After all, a metal arm in the 1930s would be a little strange.

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 14 2005, 01:36 PM
Post #26

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

On the magazine scans it says that Hohemheim made the artificial limbs for him I think... (read that a while ago, not sure if memory serves me right... can someone double check?)

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Syn
post Apr 14 2005, 09:19 PM
Post #27

Citizen

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 14 2005, 01:36 PM)
On the magazine scans it says that Hohemheim made the artificial limbs for him I think... (read that a while ago, not sure if memory serves me right... can someone double check?)
[snapback]152609[/snapback]

Yes, you're right. I've read that as well.

This also leads me to believe that he probably arrived without any limbs at all and Hohenheim created the prosthetics for him.. As opposed to arriving with his original automail and having it just *not function* or something.

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 14 2005, 09:55 PM
Post #28

Brigadier General

QUOTE(Syn @ Apr 14 2005, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 14 2005, 01:36 PM)
[snapback]152609[/snapback]

Yes, you're right. I've read that as well.

This also leads me to believe that he probably arrived without any limbs at all and Hohenheim created the prosthetics for him.. As opposed to arriving with his original automail and having it just *not function* or something.
[snapback]153053[/snapback]

Yea I agree... I just don't think Ed would have the time... even, concentration or whatever to look for his automails inside the gate after he transmutated Al...

--------------------
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 14 2005, 11:22 PM
Post #29

Guests

How is this for some fun thinking:

1) What if Al made him a new body (instead of just healing him) when he sacrificed himself? Then Ed's old body would be in the gate (with automail).

2) Ed sacrifices his new body for Al's old body.

3) Ed ends up on the other side with his old body because it was in the gate (which explains why a) he did not die cool.gif why it has automail c) what he sacrificed (his new body)

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 15 2005, 01:35 AM
Post #30

Brigadier General

but it's different artificial limbs anyways... and that would make it really complicated... how about this then...

1) Yes, Al made Ed a new body... that punctured old body is still in the gate but Al fixed it too when he made Ed's new body... wow
2) Ed got dragged to the other side after he binded Al's soul back to his old body, using his NEW arm and leg and sacrifice... so he arrived at the other side bleeding in front of hohenheim *aww poor thing...*
3) ... then somehow, he went back to the gate after fighting dragon!envy... and got his old body back! In exchange for his memories, Al had to sacrifice his body and back to his armor self.............

AND THAT WOULD BE WHY WE GET AUTOMAIL!ED and ARMOR!AL IN THE MOVIE! o_O just a random guess that suddenly pops up... ignore me xDDD

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 07:16 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css