HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
hand-made-city
post Jun 23 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #16501

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,054

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jun 23 2009, 05:27 PM) *
Umm... no. Roy picked up Riza's signal when Riza TAPPED the coffee mag TWICE. That was the sign that the code was coming, and at the end of "code talk" Riza taps the mag again (only ONCE this time,) and that was the signal that that was the end of code. That was clearly indicated in the use of SFX in the scene. There was NO change in Riza's posture, etc. there, and my guess is almost the other way, and I think Riza was trying to keep everything (her posture, voice tone etc.,) as SAME/UNCHANGED as possible when starts talking in code (that's my guess, reading that scene) because Riza was trying to AVOID being detected by Pride in the shadow. smile.gif

Wow, thanks! I never picked up on that! I usually ignore sound effects... ^^; I noticed that Roy seems to be tapping his pen immediately after Riza taps the cup. It looked like it happened both when she starts and when she finishes... is Roy signaling that he understands that they're speaking in code now?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jun 23 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #16502

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jun 23 2009, 02:55 PM) *
I noticed that Roy seems to be tapping his pen immediately after Riza taps the cup. It looked like it happened both when she starts and when she finishes... is Roy signaling that he understands that they're speaking in code now?

I'd guess that's probably what it means, but not too sure.

If it were me though, I have a habit of tapping my pencil/pen against my pad just before writing anything down. I'd probably be speaking in 'code' without even knowing it. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 23 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #16503

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (sidekick.kep37 @ Jun 23 2009, 05:52 PM) *
well I'm not gonna lie. I probably would've never noticed the SFX in that page mainly because I can't read that stuff.
QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jun 23 2009, 05:55 PM) *
...I never picked up on that! I usually ignore sound effects... ^^;

@sidekick.kep37 and hand-made-city - In FMA manga, SFXs tell HUGE part of what's going on on the scenes, as Arakawa-sensei seems to rely lots of story-telling on SFXs in the scenes. Hence, to me, the sign of a good scanlator that RESPECTS Arakawa's work is if the scanaltion pays good attentions to SFXs in FMA chapters. At MINIMUM, try to find the FMA scanaltion that has all the SFXs (though I've seen translations with often very wrong interpretations of these SFXs as well. sad.gif )

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jun 23 2009, 05:55 PM) *
I noticed that Roy seems to be tapping his pen immediately after Riza taps the cup. It looked like it happened both when she starts and when she finishes... is Roy signaling that he understands that they're speaking in code now?

@hand-made-city - It could be, but, the kind of noise described there was not the kind that makes huge noise, so I would say, reading these SFX, I think those were just sounds indicating that Roy started writing and Roy ended writing, and that itself would have sent signals to Riza that Roy has "gotten the message," IMO.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 23 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #16504

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 23 2009, 06:05 PM) *
If it were me though, I have a habit of tapping my pencil/pen against my pad just before writing anything down. I'd probably be speaking in 'code' without even knowing it. tongue.gif

Hahaha! And if Riza were there, she'd interpret that you were saying something horrible, like the whole place was about to be bombed or something! XD

I tap my pens all the time too! Mainly my tablet pen. It's the only one I've been using lately!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jun 23 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #16505

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jun 23 2009, 03:08 PM) *
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 23 2009, 06:05 PM) *

Hahaha! And if Riza were there, she'd interpret that you were saying something horrible, like the whole place was about to be bombed or something! XD

...Or I'd be making a pass at her... either way, I'd be in trouble. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Jun 23 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #16506

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jun 23 2009, 04:08 PM) *
@sidekick.kep37 and hand-made-city - In FMA manga, SFXs tell HUGE part of what's going on on the scenes, as Arakawa-sensei seems to rely lots of story-telling on SFXs in the scenes. Hence, to me, the sign of a good scanlator that RESPECTS Arakawa's work is if the scanaltion pays good attentions to SFXs in FMA chapters. At MINIMUM, try to find the FMA scanaltion that has all the SFXs (though I've seen translations with often very wrong interpretations of these SFXs as well. sad.gif )

Thanks for the advice, Tombow, but does anyone know where I can find such good scanlations?

@ Kale and Hand-made-city I lol at the thought of Hawkeye being signalled that a bomb was in the building. roflmao

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jun 23 2009, 04:30 PM
Post #16507

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

QUOTE (sidekick.kep37 @ Jun 23 2009, 03:41 PM) *
Thanks for the advice, Tombow, but does anyone know where I can find such good scanlations?

@ Kale and Hand-made-city I lol at the thought of Hawkeye being signalled that a bomb was in the building. roflmao

Mangahelpers is a good place to start, although I think that to get the full effect as Tombow is describing the best thing to do would be to read the official volumes. You can probably check them out at the library for free biggrin.gif

I wonder if Roy and Riza had a meeting to make up their tap-tap codes laugh.gif that would be so cool to see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 23 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #16508

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

To those who shared pics of FMA merchandise: Want. NOW. *is incapable of complete sentences in light of the discovery of such awesomeness*

Now for the SFX: I remember reading that chapter and knowing that the tapping of the mug was important only because I'd read the spoiler summary first. My parents think it's funny that all the words are included, but it makes sense to me!

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Jun 23 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #16509

Alchemists

QUOTE (Aribelle @ Jun 23 2009, 05:30 PM) *
Mangahelpers is a good place to start, although I think that to get the full effect as Tombow is describing the best thing to do would be to read the official volumes. You can probably check them out at the library for free biggrin.gif

I wonder if Roy and Riza had a meeting to make up their tap-tap codes laugh.gif that would be so cool to see.

kk, mangahelpers, I'll check that place out. As for the official volujes, I have all of what VIZ already threw out... and sadly, that's not enough for me (I'm such a greedy little sidekick... wow you don't hear that everyday); but I'll make do. Aribelle, you and Tombow are extremely awesome people. XD

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Jun 23 2009, 06:33 PM
Post #16510

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

I LOVE THE MERCHANDISE. ♥

My favorites are the keychains of Hawkeye, Roy, and Hughes, the Mustang figurines and2-6 of the colored posters. biggrin.gif

*pulls out flashdrive and gleefully saves all of them*

I think the pictures are too small to blow up. They would be pretty blurry photos.

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
Hakoyanagi
post Jun 23 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #16511

Citizen

Member No.: 65,569

Man, pretty interesting discussions here on Roy and Riza's code and all that. I liked that code particularly because it was an example of another little thing shared and understood by the two of them only. And I feel smart now, for having noticed the tapping thing right away!

@Kale Mustang: XD somehow I think making a pass at Riza would be more dangerous than multiple bombs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jun 23 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #16512

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Jun 23 2009, 06:33 PM) *
I LOVE THE MERCHANDISE. ♥

My favorites are the keychains of Hawkeye, Roy, and Hughes, the Mustang figurines and2-6 of the colored posters. biggrin.gif

*pulls out flashdrive and gleefully saves all of them*

I think the pictures are too small to blow up. They would be pretty blurry photos.

sad.gif curse the small-ness! I'm hoping someone somewhere will post big pics and they will float around teh interwebz and eventually get to us biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Hakoyanagi @ Jun 23 2009, 06:52 PM) *
I liked that code particularly because it was an example of another little thing shared and understood by the two of them only.

I completely agree! It just highlights how important they are to one another wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jun 23 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #16513

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

This is cool to read about the code that Roy and Riza. I too need to pay more attention to the SFX in the manga chapters. I feel like you miss a lot if you do.

I loved their code and them eating together in the cafeteria was cute. Too bad there was something more serious going on. And wasn't that the last chapter with a Royai moment, before we had like a year without a Royai moment? It was like mmhmm... I wonder if Roy is still in the bathroom. Maybe he got locked in the stall. And that is why we haven't seen him in a while.

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Jun 23 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #16514

Alchemists

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Jun 23 2009, 09:27 PM) *
I loved their code and them eating together in the cafeteria was cute. Too bad there was something more serious going on. And wasn't that the last chapter with a Royai moment, before we had like a year without a Royai moment? It was like mmhmm... I wonder if Roy is still in the bathroom. Maybe he got locked in the stall. And that is why we haven't seen him in a while.

Oh damn, really? I wasn't around then, but I could go check on the 12 chapters following that scene. By the way, your situation there ^ really made me lol hard. I just wanted to say that. XD happy.gif lol, pointless post made here... okay, sorry, I'm still roflmao-ing at Roy being locked in a stall.

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 24 2009, 12:36 AM
Post #16515

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Jun 23 2009, 11:27 PM) *
This is cool to read about the code that Roy and Riza. I too need to pay more attention to the SFX in the manga chapters. I feel like you miss a lot if you do.

HAHAH!!! Roy getting locked in the bathroom stall cracked me up! I noticed that he disappeared for a while when I was doing some re-reading. I read the chapter.... and then I wondered when the next time he showed up was so I skipped ahead, and it was quite a few chapters later! I was surprised! Didn't realize how much had happened between that scene and the time he went to headquarters and confronted Bradley.

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 09:45 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css