Chaos Theory, Let the chaos begin!
Rating 5 V
The Mad Bomber
post Oct 24 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #16

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,405

Pierce stared at Mara for a brief moment, if there was any emotion registering on his face, it would have been surprise. Without a moments notice Pierce chuckled briefly and shook his head in amusement.

"So wait... These gang members, who usually break necks and cutthroats with virtual impunity were sissies compared to you? You must have some potent lineage, if these guys look like old grannies next to you yet then again what would that make me? Which makes me wonder why you even bothered joining up with me in the first place?"

He inquired with a teasing tone of voice, he tried to keep the conversation somewhat lighthearted whilst poking around about her background, which was no doubt shrouded in mystery much like his own. Having forgotten Tom, Pierce glared at him with momentary suspicion being reflected in his eyes. He knew that the shadows were a great source of information as they covered almost every corner of existence, but he had realized early on that relying on their information alone was foolish. These creatures were not mindless servants as far as he had figured and those long conversations Tom had with his shadow seemed to be extensive for a simple slave-master relationship.

Thinking through what Tom had just said, Pierce grinned slightly because, if that information was correct and it was an inside job, it was odd that they had not mentioned this third fellow to him. Maybe they were not sure and wanted to keep it under wraps until they figured out the truth themselves? No, Malphas had to know of Tom`s abilities by now and know that the shadows would find out about the killings, one way or another. Needless to say, that he could not draw any hasty conclusions with all this information flying around and the investigation in the very beginning. They would need to get rid of the bodies first in any case and along the way see what other clues they could uncover.

"No kidding, that should make our job a lot easier, but unless we have something to show for it we are hardly making any progress. These gangsters are boneheaded to the bitter end and won`t believe an outsider unless we have irrefutable evidence. Mind you it`s not that the leadership would not take my word for it, but they won`t go telling their members that they know this because a shadow supposedly saw the murders. Too early to make anything out of this mess yet... Tom, try to pinpoint this thug for us and after disposing the bodies, we will go and have a chat with him."

Pierce said with a carefree voice as he tilted his head to the left as they arrived at the hanging platform, which stood at the very beginning of the district. There was a body hanging at the end of a noose and the crows were all over it, pecking it to pieces and revealing the gruesome insides. Pierce stopped to stare at the sight, it was nothing out of the ordinary really, but thinking of grudges it might a good idea to check the names of the people, who had been hanged here. You never knew about these things and he had to check every trail. Snapping back to the present, Pierce continued walking forward. They would cross the border of the red and central districts in a moment where the morgue was conveniently located.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Oct 25 2010, 08:04 AM
Post #17

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

Tom noticed that his shadow seemed dismal as it passed the hanged body; it seemed to pity the unfortunate shadow doomed to be attached to that cadaver until its host fully decomposed, crumbled to dust, and ceased to exist.

Tom was fine with continuing his investigation. The night was young and he was happy to take a stroll around the city. However, his shadow seemed less than pleased when Pierce expressed his incredulity about the shadow's knowledge, and showed it by shoving Pierce's shadow, which, in turn, pushed Pierce. Tom, who had, as of late, given his shadow more freedom, immediately tightened the reins, so to speak. He glanced at it threateningly, annoyed.

"Sorry about that," Tom said to Pierce, though he knew that this would not be tolerated. He cleared his throat nervously, then assured, clearly irritated by his shadow's actions, "Won't happen again."

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Oct 25 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #18

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

Mara just turned around to look at the hanged body, blankly ignoring to the question and clicking her tongue like she always did when pondering something. "So we have a turncoat...which means this will get interesting and most likely bloody" She mumbled cheerfully, as she looked at the gruesome display infront of her with a morbid curiosity and even sneer.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Oct 27 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #19

Alchemists

They arrived at the morgue after a few more minutes of walking and upon arrival Pierce noticed one shadowy type standing across the street, eyeing the building. One of Malphas`s men, no doubt, he had told that there was always a pair of eyes on the morgue in case they decided the move the bodies. Pierce pushed open the door into a fairly messy entrance hall and immidiately began descending the stairs located left to the entrance. Pierce had knew the place like the back of his hand, he had visited the place so many times it was like he was a regular customer here. Of course it always helped when the guy in charge of the night shift was bloodsucker by the name of Orson.

Pierce skipped down the stairs with light-step and stopped at the last step. There was an officer from the city guard standing at the door leading to the actual morgue where the bodies were being held. Someone was talking behind the door the guard stood in front of. Pierce glanced at Mara with grin, it was time to let her work her magic tough he hoped, that she would splatter the guards guts all over the walls tough the man wouldn`t have a long trip to the morticians.

"Distract the guard while I go inside and see whose making such a racket at this time of the night, oh and for pity`s sake, don`t kill him in any fashion..."

He said with a slightly pleading tone, but didn`t want to appear too desperate tough he wanted to avoid trouble.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Oct 27 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #20

Alchemists

Mara's smirk of delight vanished as Pierce basically told her not to make a mess...which was pretty much taking all the fun out of it. "Fine...I'll knock him out or something..." She grumbled softly before she started walking down the stairs, purposely making noise so that the guard turned around...which he did. From Pierce and Tom's perspective they would just see Mara slightly turning around to look at the guard. But from the opposite perspective, you would see Mara's green eyes changing to a sharp yellow as for a second her true face was revealed, a face no sane human would want to see again.
There was no exchange of words...all the words she had needed, she had already whispered them in his mind. The guard's tense stand seemed to relax, till he was just following her with a blank expression. Mara turned around to look at Pierce and Tom "I promise I wont hurt him...much" She whispered teasingly before they dissapeard in the shadows, where seconds after, a soft crash and a muffled scream were heard.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Oct 27 2010, 07:53 PM
Post #21

Tom sighed slowly, as though dreadfully bored.

“Well, if you two can handle hiding a couple of bodies, with the occasional cheap thrill of finding a guard or two to kill off - which I’m more than certain that you are capable of doing- I will be leaving to find our suspect.”

Before melding into the shadows on the nearest wall, he gave a tepid attempt at a warning, “I won’t be long. Though if I seem a bit odd when I return, just disregard my strange behavior.” He didn’t bother to mention that his ‘strange behavior’ would be due to the fact that his shadow would be in charge of his mind and body; somehow he didn’t think it was necessary to mention.

Now Tom appeared in a dark alley, looking up at the sky and taking a deep breath. He preferred the fresh air to the stuffy atmosphere of the morgue.

“Alright, my friend. Where is he?”

His shadow replied with a grin, and gave Tom an address, where it was certain that the suspect could be found talking to two other individuals.

“Do you know exactly what they’re saying to each other?”

His shadow nodded, grinning as though pleased with the information it had gathered, despite the protest of the other shadows of the city.

“Then, as we go, tell me what they’re saying,” Tom ordered. But his shadow sneered, demanding to know when it would get its end of the deal.

“…Fine, fine. Lead us there.”

The shadow was more than glad to take over its host’s body. It disappeared from sight as it invaded Tom's mind. Tom knew it was incredibly difficult to get his shadow out of his mind once it had entered. But he trusted - which was perhaps, Tom noted, a foolish thing to do- that it would give Tom back control willingly.

So the now shadow-less body of a man strode toward the north end of the city, humming some strange tune as it walked.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Oct 31 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #22

Alchemists

Pierce barged into the room with the two bodies lying on the tables, on the side of the table stood the mortician and a police officer. The officer threw a surprised and annoyed glance at Pierce, who responded with a mellow look as he walked up to the tables. An odd silence crept into the room as Pierce slowly paced to the table and leaned over the other body to examine it closer, he gave somewhat of a nod to the mortician as a greeting. The officer besides the pale and bald mortician seemed like he was straight out of school, a young man with an unshaved beard and a well tailored suit.

"Who the hell are you?!" The officer demanded to know, Pierce glanced up from the bodies and at the officer. Pierced smirked at the man with slight amusement on his face.

"Pierce Cunningham, an investigator, if you will." Pierced introduced himself slyly.

"Oh god, don`t tell me your one of those ama..." The man began with a heavy sigh.

"I am afraid not." Pierce interrupted the officer and smiled wryly, but suddenly the officer seemed somewhat disturbed by Pierce`s appearance. Pierce`s stopped smiling and raised an eyebrow. The officer blinked and seemed as tough everything was back to normal, but the look in his eyes was frightened as if he had just witnessed something horrifying. The look disappeared as the officer rubbed his eyes and without a word turned to leave.

"Too much work?"

Pierce inquired, but the officer seemed to be already walking away. The man stopped and looked back at the two standing by the table, the mortician grinned widely as the officer turned to walk away again. Pierce glanced at the bodies, then at the mortician.

"Who the hell was that?" Pierce inquired as he began to inspect the bodies for anything unusual.

"Detective Bradley, a new transfer, supposedly made quite a reputation for himself in the northern district for busting a smuggling ring and catching a few serial killers. A regular police hero, every now and then, of course. Whenever he busts the next big crook, the press is all over it and his name is made evermore famous, gives the cops a good image of getting the job done. Guess he`s after this one as are you, but damn, I reckon this crook is one he won`t be catching or well... the crook might just catch him instead." The mortician explained as he glanced after the detective.

"Yeah, idiot doesn`t have a clue as to what he is dealing with, but that abrupt leaving there... I reckon he`s starting to see through the veil, he`s no doubt seen many things, that haven`t made sense and he`s started to think that there is more to it than what his mind is capable of comprehending. Guess he`s lucky that you are relatively human by your appearance. So... the police have already gotten the report, a shame, but I guess we can still salvage things a few things here. Malphas wants these bodies gone and a copy of the report." Pierce mused as he picked up a ledger off the table near him and began flipping through what was a report on the bodies, luckily these were not cut open so their nature was concealed, but the police had been able to grasp a few straws about this case already. More trouble for Pierce and his friends.

"I imagine he does, but it`s not so fun for me when the police keep busting my balls for disappearing corpses and other pieces of evidence." The mortician replied with a chilling tone, clearly discontent with Malphas bullying any supernatural living on his turf.

"And Malphas would hang you and leave you at the end of a noose until sunrise." Pierce retorted with a frown on his face as he read through the report.

"I know... Damn thug, can`t see how you manage to deal with him on a regular basis." The vampire continued to lament.

"Well... let`s just say there`s a person, who matches Malphas`s bloodlust and that person works with me. Needless to say Malphas is a rather minor complication in comparison." Pierce retorted with a lowered voice. "Have you checked the toxicology on these?" Pierced inquired with a somewhat worried look over his face.

".... Actually yes... tough there are no physical marks of any sort of poisoning, I took the liberty of draining these bodies, it`s not like they are going to need that blood anymore and I can fill my blood supply. You know it`s pretty rare to acquire, that stuff anywhere...." The vampire admitted, but threw a hesitant gaze at Pierce, hoping he wouldn`t say a word about that to Malphas. Malphas had a wicked habbit of making a debacle out of something completely pointless for his sheer amusement.

"Great, get me those results as soon as possible and don`t tell anyone else... Tell the bodies went missing before you could take samples...or something like that..."

Pierce instructed before raising both of his arms above the bodies with his palms facing the bodies. Invoking his abilities brought back the memory of burnt flesh, screaming and agony. In the blink of an eye flames and fully engulfed the bodies, the flames consumed the bodies at an unprecedented rate and in a matter of a minute the bodies had been reduced to ashes. Pierce lit a cigarette in the dying flames and walked out of the room, leaving the vampiric mortician to clear the bodies before anyone else came around. Pierce stood at the entrance to the mortuary and glanced to the shadows where Mara had disappeared.

"Done?"

Pierce inquired with a mellow expression on his face.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Nov 3 2010, 03:11 PM
Post #23

Alchemists

(I'm alive!!)

Mara stepped out of the shadows, merrily wipping some blood stains off her hands "Well that was fun..." She announced happily as she looked at him "And by the smell I would say we're finished" She mumbled as she sniffed the air around them, just to cringe softly afterwards. "What did we find out?...Aside the fact that some demons can actually stink as badly as that" She said "...someone must have shot up those poor bastards or something"

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Nov 7 2010, 12:14 AM
Post #24

Alchemists

Pierce quietly stared at her, if there would have been any degree of disgust he felt anymore towards anything then he might have expressed it now, but his face did not even twitch. He was unable to comprehend what drove her to do the things she did, he knew demon-kind were violent and brutal on occasion, but she was head and shoulders above the rest. Not to mention there was that I-don`t-give-a-damn attitude of hers, which often lead the undead to suspect that she would no doubt betray him when it served her purposes. Strange how demonic she was even tough she was a half-breed, Pierce could only fathom that even as a human she had a few loose screws.

"Really? I couldn`t tell yet then again I am no expert when it comes to personal hygiene." Pierce said nonchalantly and even chucked a bit. To avoid endless prattle or an angry retbuttal Pierce hurried to continue. "But honestly? Either there is someone in the city, who can kill you with some kind of power, that leaves absolutely no physical evidence or more likely someone poisoned them. Now the problem with that is how? Considering they have no wounds or even fresh scars, the only way to poison these demons would have been through their....."

Pierce suddenly stopped talking as he glanced at Mara`s bloodstained hands and began muttering with a concern look over his face.

"Come to think of it... Malphas`s gang occasionally tends to get a little wild and they have a tendency for canni... well.. I guess you can`t really call it that, but in any case some of them eat their victims... So either somebody dangerous is walking around the city or there is some clever bastard, who figured out how to poison the victims of the gang evenbefore they struck...."

Pierce reasoned with sneer on his face as he did not like either of these scenarios, having to deal with a strong foe often meant collateral damage and unwanted attention as where finding a clever poisoner would turn out to be a pain in the arse. Pierce glanced around, looking for Tom and then snapping back at Mara.

"Where the hell did the creep run off to?"

He inquired with a sense of urgency, assuming she had actually concentrated on something else than playing or whatever she did with the guard.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Nov 7 2010, 08:33 AM
Post #25

Alchemists

"You know...there IS a way of poisoning a demon without leaving any marks...it dosent require any science nor any special ingredients" She mumbled. "BUT for us demons it's easy to detect it, too easy infact...it has this smell that just burns your nostrills and eyes. You have to be some kind of moron to actually get it in your body without noticing it, UNLESS of course you mix it with another substance...powerful in smell, dense in composition and alluring for us...dont you think blood would do the trick?" She whispered softly, her expression being one of utter amusement.
She turned around to look at Pierce "So...Mr. Pierce, now the million dollar question...have you ever seen what can Holy Water do to a demon?" She asked as her lips curved into a sly smirk "Imagine that innocent yet deadly substance running through your veins...burning everything it touches" She whispered as she leaned toward him in mocking secrecy, to just step back happily again. "But who knows? That's just a theory! I mean, we demons arent ALL "nasty-human meat-eating" freaks. And to think someone would actually manage to get Holy Water into massives quantities into a human, and then making a demon ACTUALLY eat it without noticing...it's just crazy" She said as she chuckled happily and waved her hand around, almost as if pushing the idea aside. "I'm sure Tom will be back in no time...by now rumors are spreading everywhere...if shadows cant find out anything, then no one can" She stated happily as she sat down in a nearby chair to wait.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Nov 7 2010, 12:24 PM
Post #26

Tom’s shadow led him to- what appeared to be- a standard apartment building on the north side of the city. His mouth seemed to utter schizophrenic conversations.

“So, where is-? … Hm, I see… That room down there?... Alright.”

Tom was able to find the suspect in a room on the basement floor, conversing- as his shadow had told him- with two other individuals.

Traveling through the shadows, he had snuck into the room and tried to identify them. He did not want to linger too long; of course Malphas’s gang was aware of Tom’s abilities. He was sure any of their half-breeds could detect (in whatever way half-breeds did it; Tom wasn’t interested) Tom’s presence soon enough. Besides, it seemed these three were getting ready to leave soon; which would make sense, for anyone eager to flee the scene of a crime.

The original suspect, the half-breed from Malphas’s gang, was male, dark-haired, with a large frame. Though most of his features were hidden by layers of clothing.

Another was also male, a bit shorter, pale complexion, with white eyes, and white hair that was strange for someone who seemed to be somewhat young. Tom could not determine his species.

The last was… difficult for Tom to see. Whatever species this last person was, Tom, while in the shadows, could not completely see him or her or it; it appeared as a hazy figure. This was not uncommon for Tom; on some occasions he came across certain powerful species that he could only fully see while he was walking around on solid ground. This included certain kinds of vampires and full-fledged demons, among some others. Tom's interested was piqued, though he knew he should be careful around such dangeous beings.

And so, before Tom would give the enemy a chance to catch him, he decided it was about time to go back to the morgue. Besides, shadows had apparently heard that Mara and Pierce were expecting him back. Shadows liked to make things bigger than they needed to be, so by the time the news had reached Tom, they were all in a frenzy about Pierce calling Tom “the creep”. Tom could only laugh at their petty gossip. ‘Wouldn’t it be nice if they told me things that I actually need to know, rather than their useless gossip?

He emerged out of Pierce’s shadow, announcing jokingly, “The creep was out finding our so-called suspect. But the creep is here now, so don't worry your pretty little heads.”

He was neither amused nor offended by the name, considering it was one of the least harsh names he had been called in his life. This included being called a ‘soul-less devil’ by his own family for years, who believed his interactions with his shadow were reason for regular house calls by doctors and exorcisms by priests.

He sighed and said, “Well, I’ve found our so-called suspect. I’m assuming he’s not working alone, since I found him making preparations to leave the city, while conversing in a rather suspicious tone with two other individuals.”

He glanced at them, seeming almost bored, before continuing. “I know one of them is a half-breed, a member of Malphas’s gang. The other two, I can only guess who or what they are. I’m not an expert on the classification of freaks, Pierce, as you are. One has white eyes, white hair. Does that mean anything to you? Well, anyway, the last is most likely a dangerous enemy. I couldn’t see him, and, as you know already, from the shadows I’m unable to see the most powerful kinds of demons and vampires.

I know exactly where they are right now, but we should hurry if we want to catch them before they leave. Then again, even if they do leave, I’ll have friends to help me locate them.”

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Nov 8 2010, 06:53 AM
Post #27

Alchemists

Pierce did not even sacrifice a thought as Mara blabbered about her own cute little theories and sadistic thoughts, which obviously were too much for even her own head to contain so that she had to go and spread them around, usually it seemed to be in a more physical apparation than this and for some reason Pierce realized that he actually prefered it that way. A dead body once a day wasn`t so bad compared to the endless tirade of yapping, luckily Tom arrived to save him from further comments and Pierce merely ignored his witty comments, waiting to hear what he wanted to hear. Once the news emerged and Pierce could start drawing some conclusions, he began grinning slightly.

"See this is why I hired you two, to your individual opinions about whatever we are doing instead of doing what you are supposed to do, so nice to have employees, who stick to their part of the bargain.

And as to what you discovered Tom... have your friends tail the other two, we are going after the gang member. We wait until he`s alone and corner him, clearly he has some bits and pieces of information, that should help unrawel this whole mess, but to think he has actually someone helping him makes me a bit uneasy... Oh well... Guess things aren`t always as easy as they could or should be hmh?"

Pierce`s voice was charged with sarcasm and his facial expression followed accordingly, but all kidding aside they had little time to waste. This gang member was clearly hired by someone or something, thus it lead Pierce to conclude that looking around for further clues was pointless when they had an actual lead, which they could squueze the information out of, that was where Mara`s sadistic nature often came in handy tough not that Pierce would ever admit it.

-------------

Northern district of Zion

Tom led them straight to their prey as the man was exiting the building with a hurry, glancing around suspiciously. Pierce stood at the corner of the building, glancing at the man, who clearly was hesitant to look back and eyed Pierce suspiciously. There was no trace of the others at the meeting, but Tom`s shadow friends were onto their whereabouts yet Pierce did want to confront them unless had some info on those two. Pierce had lit a cigarette and kept it entrenched between his teeth as he glared at the man, who began walking away as quietly as possible. Pierce had sent the others to move around the exits from the streets in order to corner their prey.

With sluggish steps the undead followed and kept on the man`s trail as he turned to an alleyway. On the alleyway Pierce suddenly snapped his fingers and an explosion of fire blocked off the entrance behind him. Startled by the sound the thug turned around as Pierce stood quietly eyeing the man, who had supposedly killed his two comrades and run off, plausible, but it just didn`t seem likely, too simple or maybe he had his killer and once turning this scum to Malphas he could receive his payment.

"Mara, Tom.... No need t..."

Without a moments notice the man had already moved and struck, Pierce was flung against the alleywall with great velocity and the snapping of bones could be heard as he collided against the wall. Pierce didn`t even flinch as he dropped against the ground and ended up sitting against the wall with a slightly dumbfounded look as the giant towered over him.

"Oh, ouch.... " Pierce muttered with a gloomy voice as he stared at his left, which had twisted into an unnatural angle yet kept moving as, if there was nothing wrong with it to begin with. "That was fast... ah... man... I really thought you were just another punk for me to slap around, but guess your not. Demon-....-head failed to mention that."

Pierce said mourned with an apathetic voice as he blew out a cloud of smoke and attempted to feebly snap his leg back into the right angle. Meanwhile the thug would no doubt be occupied elsewhere as Mara and Tom had blocked off the other exit to the alleyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Nov 9 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #28

Tom was never fond of combat, considering he was never very good at it. But while his body's meager frame was a flaw in battle, his shadow's assistance could make up for that- as long as Tom managed to keep a safe distance between himself and his enemy.

His shadow swelled to cover the height of the alley walls, then pushed their enemy to the ground, trying to hold him there. However, the man was able to break free with little difficulty.

Tom saw, with a slightly dreadful feeling, that there was a hint of realization (and amusement) in his enemy's expression once he got a quick look at Tom; Tom could only imagine that the man's thoughts might have been along the lines of 'It's just a human; how easy it would be to kill this one.'

Oh, it was certainly true that Tom, the human, stood out against his undead boss and his half-demon co-worker. What an easy target.

He could barely think before the man attacked. Tom was fortunate that the man had only grazed his side, possibly breaking a rib; his shadow had, on its own, pushed the man to the ground again. Tom was never sure why his shadow chose to save his hide on occassion. Their relationship was rocky, though, perhaps it was really trying to be protective. Or it simply had ulterior motives. He never knew, and would probably never know.

As soon as he had composed himself, Tom made his shadow pin the man to the ground.

"Now- if either of you would like to attack, you're more than welcome to," he said to Mara and Pierce.

Although he was unsure of how long he could hold the man there, his shadow seemed to be far more invigorated after that attack, and more eager to fight.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Nov 15 2010, 07:02 PM
Post #29

Alchemists

"Oh my...a turncoat...I cant help but feel shocked at this unforseen turn of events" Mara mumbled sarcastically as she walked toward the struggling duo, her heels rhythmically hitting the concrete. "You know, maybe this isnt the right time but...what the f*!@ is wrong with you? You cant just come here playing the wiseguy, charm everybody's pants off and actually expect you can get away with it...we're all wiseguys in here Sonny" She hissed softly as she crouched next to him, her amusement masked by a somber look in her face. "So before everybody starts killing eachother, just let me ask....what exactly made you betray Malphas? Whatever it was, it had to be worth it...right?" She asked, the greed sparkling in her eyes, almost as if oblivious to the fact that in any second the demon could get up and attack again....clearly taking the demon down was one of Mara's last concerns.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Nov 20 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #30

Alchemists

The man remained stoic and only glared murderously at her before ripping himself free of the shadows control. As the giant prepared to attack Tom, who stood closest, a sudden explosion threw everyone off their feets and the giants clothes had caught on fire. When the giant managed to force himself back on all-fours he found Pierce still sitting against the wall with a cigarette entrenched between his teeth. Pierce sighed and scratched his hair with a bothered expression.

"Since you`ve chosen to get violent and unhelpful, it`s going to be a pain in the arse to take you alive. I HATE that, I really do." Pierce explained in his usual mellow disposition, but there was a changed in his eyes, as if a fire had been lit. "So in order to avoid a pro-longed fight and a pointless interrogation I am going to kill you. Now I know it wasn`t you, who killed those two and when I know that it`s not your head, that Malphas wants cut off, what good are you going to do for me?"

Pierce said with a hint of disgust in his voice as he climbed to his feet and snapped his fingers as the giant attempted to attack him again. In that split-second the flames across the alleyway flooded onto the giant, swarming him and burning the flesh off his bones, almost literally. The half-demon continued struggling for a whole minute, trashing about the alleyway, wailing in horrid agony. He might have been trying to run away, too bad his pupils had melted a few seconds ago. Pierce stared at the spectacle with icy calm, smoking his cigarette as, if the sight something he had gone through daily. For a normal human the sight might have been incomprehensible, but Pierce had his fair share of killing people in this way and that was the very reason he was stuck in this world, incapable of moving on.

As the man finally stopped struggling and his lungs seemed incapable of drawing anymore breath for his screams, Pierce glanced at Tom quietly.

"Tom?"

He asked with a nonchanlant tone as the flames died out as quickly as they had appeared. Suspected number one dealt with, time to check the two others. Pierce had found out quickly, that loose ends had a habbit of spreading rumours and caused him further headache, thus it was his policy to kill anyone, who simply knew too much, provided he was not influental or important in any way. It was painfully obvious, that this thug, this pawn had merely lured the victims to the killer and extracting information from him was not worth the effort. Tough this made Pierce ill at ease because apparently the pawn feared the killer more than the pursuers, needless to say this was going to be a bothersome case.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 07:08 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css