HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA "Brotherhood" Anime Series General Q & A Thread, Confused about the new FMA anime? Check out FAQ or ask us here!
Chizakura
post Apr 14 2011, 05:38 PM
Post #76

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 79,934

- Artbook? -

Hi everyone =D Is there an artbook for Brotherhood? I know there are three manga ones, and an artbook for the original anime, but how about Brotherhood? I really love artbooks, so if there is one I'd love to track it down... <3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Apr 15 2011, 01:30 AM
Post #77

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

Hi, Chizakura! welcome to the forum! smile.gif

There is an illustration book for Brotherhood and you can find info and some images on the Original-Art/Illustration book for FMA:B thread.

This thread will be merged with that one or maybe the Q&A thread later. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chizakura
post Apr 15 2011, 10:34 AM
Post #78

Citizen

Member No.: 79,934

Oh I'm so sorry. .___.; Next time I'll look more carefully for a topic before starting up a new one. Sorry again.

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Apr 15 2011, 10:43 AM
Post #79

Group Icon

{ Oh, please don't worry! Don't feel bad. I struggled finding the original thread, too, but it was quite difficult since the word "Artbook" wasn't in the topic title of the FMA:B Illustrations thread. happy.gif If you're stuck with anything at all, feel free to ask for help!

I have now merged your thread to this Q&A thread since it was a question. smile.gif }

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nate_the_Great8
post Jun 3 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #80

Citizen

Member No.: 81,382

-I need advice from you guys -

I have a case of dyslexia which makes subbed episodes difficult to watch for me. I can read words at this point of my life but it takes my full focus on the sentence and maybe 4 to 5 more seconds to read than normal. I miss about half the visuals and this saddens me. So dubbed versions of anime suit me the best. I recently watched Part 1 - 4 of FMA: brotherhood and found out part 5 eng. dubbed isnt coming out till later this month. Knowing I have to wait for this to be released bothers me since I really want to finish the series, but im mature enough to wait. However I came up with a possibility in my head. I cannot get enough of FMA so I thought I could maybe watch the first FMA anime? I read the sticky before I posted and learned that FMA is different after episodes 13 and 14 since that part of the manga wasnt complete yet, but I wanted to post this topic to make sure. So should I watch the other anime while waiting for part 5 eng. dub? It wont spoil brotherhood will it? If it doesnt then I may start right away since Netflix happens to have the whole FMA series happy.gif. thanks in advance!

Oh (sorry for double post) also try not to spoil anything please biggrin.gif. Again I have watched the first 4 parts of FMA: brotherhood.

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 3 2011, 01:51 AM
Post #81

Group Icon

It's okay to watch the first anime, don't worry. It won't spoil Brotherhood at all. The two plots are different and the two end differently. smile.gif

I think that this thread can be moved to the Brotherhood Q&A thread or anime-1 Q&A thread later. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nate_the_Great8
post Jun 3 2011, 01:54 AM
Post #82

Citizen

Member No.: 81,382

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Jun 3 2011, 02:51 AM) *
It's okay to watch the first anime, don't worry. It won't spoil Brotherhood at all. The two plots are different and the two end differently. smile.gif

Thanks! This will keep me busy until part 5 smile.gif

Thanks again for answering my question.

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 3 2011, 02:03 AM
Post #83

Group Icon

No worries! happy.gif That's as concise an answer I could think to give without plunging into spoilery depths! I hope you enjoy anime-1 --it's great stuff!

ETA: Thread merged 29/8/11

--------------------

+Quote Post
dsver1
post Sep 14 2011, 02:57 AM
Post #84

Citizen

Member No.: 84,488

Real quick background: Loved the first series, but only got 2/3 of the way in (maybe less) before I got too busy to watch it. That was a couple years ago, and now I want to either: watch FMA-1 again or start Brotherhood...or both.

One thing that everyone says when discussing the differences between FMA-1 and Brotherhood is that they are the same up to a point, and then they diverge.

If that's the case, then can I watch the first X (X being a certain number, not the roman numeral) episodes of FMA and then start watching Brotherhood at episode Y?

If so, what would X and Y be? Could you even mix and match up until a point? For example: 1-5 of FMA, then episode 8 of Brotherhood, then 10-12 of FMA, and then Brotherhood until the end? (These are arbitrary numbers I'm picking, I'm not referencing specific episodes or story arcs)

I really loved FMA-1 a lot, and I've been having trouble with the first couple episodes of Brotherhood. Everyone says that Brotherhood has the tighter story towards the end, but its beginning is moving a little too fast for me right now.

Thanks.

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Sep 14 2011, 04:47 AM
Post #85

Group Icon

You might want to check out the FMA-1 & FMA:B Storyline Comparisons, and the Suggested "Converged" Viewing Scheme thread. Someone found the suggested viewing schemes that someone put together and kindly shared them with us. It should have what you're looking for.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FirstMoon
post Sep 14 2011, 09:54 AM
Post #86

Citizen

Member No.: 74,222

dsver1; I made something similar to this so I hope I can help.

Around the time Julia(first anime's Sloth) introduced you can drop there and start to watch Brotherhood series from ep 8.

or you can watch till the Hughes' death and start from episode 11.(which I recommend the most)

--------------------

+Quote Post
dsver1
post Sep 15 2011, 11:51 PM
Post #87

Citizen

Member No.: 84,488

Wow, thanks for the amazing replies!! This is exactly what I was looking for. Now, I just have to read around and figure out my path. It'll be a lot easier now that I have this invaluable info!

After reading all the suggestions, I think I'm going to combine FirstMoon and Bridge 1 from the link posted (couldn't see the orig author's name). So, 1-27 (skipping 4, 10-12) of FMA-1, and then starting FMA:B at episode 11. I'm honestly not worried about minor plot holes and plot retreads, so I think this will work for me.

Thanks again!

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Sep 16 2011, 08:04 AM
Post #88

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

@dsver1 Huh, funny. I actually disagree with this. I think that you should watch both series as is, separately. Just because there are some important scenes in the beginning of Brotherhood that aren't in the first anime. (For example when Roy comes to see the Elric brothers is quiet a different scene in Brotherhood than it is in the first anime.) I know Brotherhood is rushed at first, but it's only like that for the first 14 or so episodes, then the plot completely changes.

My recommendation? Watch both series as they are. Their both amazing and deserve to be watched in their entirety smile.gif (Or even read the manga! I love the manga the most, actually smile.gif )

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
Newbie4.1
post Dec 30 2012, 11:33 AM
Post #89

Citizen

Member No.: 98,057

Hi, I am very much a newbie so sorry if this is either a lame question or someles has already asked it.

When Ed bonds Al's soul to the suit of armor, why does he leave it in the shape it is? with everyone always getting them mixed up and Ed's issues with his height wouldnt he want to change the design of the suit of amour. i know that the blood seal has to stay intact but why not make his amour body smaller, like child size?

Just a constant question thats been going through my mind.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 3 2013, 08:26 AM
Post #90

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Newbie4.1 @ Dec 30 2012, 02:33 PM) *
Hi, I am very much a newbie so sorry if this is either a lame question or someles has already asked it.

When Ed bonds Al's soul to the suit of armor, why does he leave it in the shape it is? with everyone always getting them mixed up and Ed's issues with his height wouldnt he want to change the design of the suit of amour. i know that the blood seal has to stay intact but why not make his amour body smaller, like child size?

Just a constant question thats been going through my mind.

Welcome to the board, Newbie4.1! That is a good question, and if I may venture into guessing the reason why Ed did not change the shape of Al's suit of armour, maybe it was partly because that suit of armour was from their home, and therefore it was something familiar to both Ed and Al, and it might have been easier for them to associate that with Al than associating Al with some other unfamiliar shape? biggrin.gif

(Although, I think I know the real reason... I remember reading somewhere Arakawa-sensei saying that the reason she made Al's soul attached to that huge suit of armour was so that it would make a good/funny contrast with "short" Ed. laugh.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 11:50 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css