HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA "Brotherhood" Anime Series General Q & A Thread, Confused about the new FMA anime? Check out FAQ or ask us here!
Tombow
post Jun 22 2009, 12:18 AM
Post #16

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@SangsBleus - Welcome to our board!
To answer questions just like that one, we created FMA:Brotherhoos anime FAQ and Q&A thread, and I think Popogeejo did a very nice job of explaining that there. Please check out his post with answers there, and if you got more questions, please post them on that thread, and we'll try to help you and answer all your questions there. biggrin.gif

(As to your question about reading it in manga or watching it as anime... they are two different media, and some like reading manga, while some like watching it in animated form, and many, including myself, are fans of the first FMA anime series, and FMA manga, and would love to watch FMA manga story in animated form also, and hence very excited about this new series. ^^ )

Closing this thread. Please come over to FMA:Brotherhoos anime FAQ and Q&A thread in FMA:Brotherhood anime forum. We'll see you there. ^^

ETA: July 11, 2009 Merged thread.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zanuff
post Jun 30 2009, 02:41 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,802

Im a very new fan of Full Metal Alchemist i seen all 51 episodes includeing the movie and i was like WOW... probaly one of the best anime`s i ever seen... And i don`t get it, why they stoped at 51 episodes and over few years they maide the movie like on 2003 2004 if i readed good.. Wish i can make the guys who created this anime to start a new serie , not this fan`s lies that i readed cuz on April will start a new serie .. Hope the guys who created it will read my post and will think about it, for me FMA is compared with Bleach and Naruto Shippuden one of the best animes of the moment... I miss Edward and Alfonso i wanna see the rest if they goin back to theyr real world , i want an episode like on every week hundred of episodes if u guys can , make new enemys new story`s ... Make Alfonso and Edward more mature now... common guys bring a new story , believ me you guys wont lost this investment is year 2009 and we still cry after FMA animes... Sorry for my english (gramatic) ..

P.S Zanuff from Romania hope some FMA bosses will read this and make something for a big fan of one of the best manga animes maide smile.gif. PLS don`t trow Full Metal ALchemist away smile.gifand btw im not a kid im just a guy of 22 years who like good animes and he posted this in hope he will make someone to bring back the memory`s that FMA was and his still a big succes that he keep make`s fan`s and don`t bring me that sh1t with FMA Brotherhood cuz is a stupid ideea with combining episodes in past episodes we wanna see the future not the past. (for me full methal alchemist still live in my hearth and every fan hearth)

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 30 2009, 02:59 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

@Zanuff - Welcome to our board! Actually, we do have a new FMA anime series going on now. It's called Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. But, the new series is NOT the continuation of the first FMA anime series. The new series is based on manga FMA story, which is the original FMA story.
You can learn more about the new FMA:Brotherhood anime series on FMA:Brotherhood FAQ thread. Check it out, and if you get more questions on the new series, you can post your question there, and we'll try to answer your question there. smile.gif

Closing the thread. If you are interested in the new series, we have a whole forum full of interesting discussions going on there, and you can start out by visiting FMA:Brotherhood FAQ thread. smile.gif

ETA: I see you edited in more to your post... If you have trouble understanding why they made FMA: Brotherhood anime series, you can post and ask that on FMA:Brotherhood FAQ thread. But, please keep in mind that we don't allow bashing on our board, be it about the new series, or about another members' opinion, or whatnot. Hence, if you'd like to participate in the discussions on our board, we ask you to mind your posting decorum. smile.gif

Merged thread.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Master_Alchemist
post Jul 5 2009, 01:08 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 69,891

Is it just me or does it seem like there are so many scenes and episodes that mirror the first season? I mean, didn't Ed already fight Lust and Envy in the first season? And also, didnt they have that exact same battle with those armored souls with Ed fighting inside and Al outside? And didnt they meet up with their master and do this deserted island thing? I know I only watched season 1 before this so I am confused... seems like every other ep has some repeats, but I do know there are fresh materials as well, like the city of auto-mail, etc... am I off here?

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Jul 5 2009, 01:12 AM
Post #20

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

Brotherhood is a remake of the series. It is not a sequel to the first anime.

--------------------

+Quote Post
thunderbreak
post Jul 5 2009, 01:28 AM
Post #21

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,553

1st anime is based on part of the manga especially at the beginning.but there are differences even at the beginning .details changes,some of the character's details changes.for the island thingy,there's no wrath on the island in this version.this version is following the manga plot.there would be a clear cut in ep 15 i think,a major seperation between 2 animes.i think it's on square enix website promo vid,if u like to spoil urself.

--------------------
Currently on :Silverspoon,re-reading FMA project(will post to blog soon)
Planning list:Pumpkin scissors,Stein Gate,Fairy Tail

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 5 2009, 04:36 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Thank you for your help, Vlyse and thunderbreak!! biggrin.gif

@Master_Alchemist - Welcome to our board! I'm guessing that you are one of those fans of the first series of FMA anime who had not had a chance to check out FMA manga series? ^^ And if so, I understand your confusion, and we have a thread set up just for viewers of FMA: Brotherhood like you. biggrin.gif
Please check out FMA:Brotherhood anime FAQ" above (the first post of this thread, by Popo) and also, it may be helpful to read the summary post on the first page of FMA manga-anime differences as this new series is based on FMA manga, and NOT the continuation of the first series of FMA anime.
And then, if you got more questions, please post that on this thread, and we'll try to help you with your questions. smile.gif

Merged the thread, and edited the post accordingly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ssuvina
post Jul 26 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 70,297

I have read these pages but still I'm wondering that is there on the way somekind of continue to the whole Fullmetal Alchemist?
I have seen the episodes 1 to 51 and the movie also.

I'm just wondering huh.gifAttached File  _large__AnimePaper_wallpapers_Full_Metal_Alchemist_ming85_7851.jpg ( 53.78K ) Number of downloads: 25

This post has been edited by Ssuvina: Jul 26 2009, 11:10 PM

+Quote Post
Cardboard Box Ju...
post Aug 3 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 43,403

Good thread.

I just have one note:

Also, for the most part they are far less powerful than in the first anime so Envy fans may get upset.

That's debatable. Manga Pride would wipe the floor with Anime Pride. Plus I think Envy and Gluttony are much more powerful in the manga, especially in their "ultimate" forms.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 4 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

QUOTE (Ssuvina @ Jul 27 2009, 02:07 AM) *
I have read these pages but still I'm wondering that is there on the way somekind of continue to the whole Fullmetal Alchemist?
I have seen the episodes 1 to 51 and the movie also.

I'm just wondering huh.gif

@Ssuvina - Welcome to our board! I'm guessing that you are a fan of the first series of FMA anime, but you're not familiar with FMA manga? Well, this new FMA anime series is NOT a continuation of the first FMA anime series, but it is an FMA anime series based on FMA manga storyline. You can read the explanation on this on "FMA:Brotherhood anime FAQ" above (the first post of this thread, by Popo, and also it may help understand the FMA anime (first series) - manga differences by reading FMA manga - anime (first series) differences thread, and if you get more questions about this new series, please post on this thread and we'll try to help you with your questions. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
theicecreamalche...
post Aug 13 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #26

Citizen

Member No.: 68,315

Does anyone happen to know if Brotherhood is being made with a smaller budget than FMA 1? It just seems to me in some places the art is inconsistant and they are cutting corners. Its hard to explain, and Brotherhood is still good, but the quality looks to me like its gone down. Not just compared to FMA1, but generally in other popular animes I've seen, the animation/art has been better then it looks to me in Brotherhood, if that makes sense? I presumed cause FMA is so big they would have a ton of money to put into it. Or is there any other reason? Like a different director?

+Quote Post
Kaori Ayanami
post Aug 13 2009, 09:52 AM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,575

You know, there is an economical crisis and such... BONES was one of the finest (and most consistent) animation companies in Japan till recently. Honestly, the only reason for this drop of quality I could think of is that one.

(Besides, those guys are making now another anime at the same time, Tokyo Magnitude 8 or something like that, which I've heard has a remarkable animation quality. Maybe the budget went that way XD).

+Quote Post
FullMetal Tigres...
post Aug 21 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 45,246

Just a Question where do you get that the subtitle is Brotherhood just wondering that because i have visited the official webpage and the name is the same it hasn't change so Brotherhood i don't get it .
And please stop saying that is a second season because the real stuff is that is A NEW ANIME NO A SECOND SEASON so STOP SAYING THAT

Some of my friends that the style use in the new anime is because it have to be the same of the Manga i don't understand myself that but i have to say that this new anime is more funny and Edward doesn't let that his little brother Alphonse beat him down no sir Edward got to do what he got to do as a big brother ... Teach to Alphonse a Lesson !!!

But i have to admit that in the First Anime Edward looks very hot and know in the New Anime the color of his eyes and his hair is different .. his eyes are smaller and doesn't have the honey color that drive us crazy and his hair is not golden any more but what do you think about our old New Edward Elric?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zii
post Aug 21 2009, 12:54 AM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 10,818

QUOTE (FullMetal Tigress @ Aug 21 2009, 04:50 PM) *
Just a Question where do you get that the subtitle is Brotherhood just wondering that because i have visited the official webpage and the name is the same it hasn't change so Brotherhood i don't get it .

If all English distributors (FUNi, Madman etc) call it Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, then that's what it's called in English. I imagine the subtitle is so there is less confusion between it and the old series; dunno why Japan doesn't use it.

Edward doesn't let that his little brother Alphonse beat him down no sir Edward got to do what he got to do as a big brother ... Teach to Alphonse a Lesson !!!

Whut? Since when was Alphonse a runabout scamp always getting in trouble? I think you got your brothers mixed up.

and his hair is not golden any more

Whut?!
You compare his hair colour to Winry's and tell me it's not golden. It has it's own line colour for crying out loud >V

+Quote Post
Sal_san
post Aug 25 2009, 02:54 AM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 62,930

QUOTE (FullMetal Tigress @ Aug 21 2009, 12:20 AM) *
Some of my friends that the style use in the new anime is because it have to be the same of the Manga i don't understand myself that but i have to say that this new anime is more funny and Edward doesn't let that his little brother Alphonse beat him down no sir Edward got to do what he got to do as a big brother ... Teach to Alphonse a Lesson !!!

But i have to admit that in the First Anime Edward looks very hot and know in the New Anime the color of his eyes and his hair is different .. his eyes are smaller and doesn't have the honey color that drive us crazy and his hair is not golden any more but what do you think about our old New Edward Elric?

Um... are you sure you didn't switch Ed and Al's places? O.o'

What?! His hair is still golden... alright, I admit, it's a little lighter. But it's still golden in shade. Are you sure you're not talking about another Edward? ^.^'

This "New Edward Elric" isn't that different from anime 1 Ed. There are differences, but I don't feel like listing it down right now. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 04:30 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css