HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
About Hiromu Arakawa: Bio Info And A Pic Of Arakawa-sensei On The First Page!, (Rest is mostly chat on whether Arakawa-sensei is a guy or gal. XD)
Tombow
post Sep 7 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #241

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Riza hawkeye-Mustang @ Sep 7 2009, 05:41 PM) *
I'm not completely sure, but I believe that "her stupid son" was referring to Edward.

Yeah, that's my thinking also. biggrin.gif

BTW, welcome to our board, Nena!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Sep 7 2009, 06:41 PM
Post #242

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,450

I'm 200% sure that she was referring to Edward.

If you actually paid attention to that picture where Arakawa said that, she was tossing an Ed-plushie (kinda thing) to Park Romi.

Arakawa-sensei should still be single right now, though I'm not too sure about this bit.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Nena
post Sep 8 2009, 05:09 AM
Post #243

Citizen

Member No.: 62,356

QUOTE (AA battery @ Sep 8 2009, 03:41 AM) *

If you actually paid attention to that picture where Arakawa said that, she was tossing an Ed-plushie (kinda thing) to Park Romi.

I guess but I don't think Edward owns that "antenna" on his head..( actually he kind of does) Why would she throw a fictional character to a real person so she can watch anime? XD Maybe I should look it up but I don't really care that much tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tombow @ Sep 7 2009, 11:51 PM) *
BTW, welcome to our board, Nena!

Thank you!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Hotmustard
post Sep 8 2009, 07:08 AM
Post #244

Citizen

Member No.: 70,636

Arakawa-sensei should still be single right now, though I'm not too sure about this bit.

sad.gif why do my favorite mangakas end up being single? First I was sad to hear about Rumiko sensei, and then about Arakawa sensei

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Sep 9 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #245

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (Hotmustard @ Sep 8 2009, 07:08 AM) *

sad.gif why do my favorite mangakas end up being single? First I was sad to hear about Rumiko sensei, and then about Arakawa sensei

There is nothing to be sad about because there is nothing wrong with being single. Both of these women are highly successful so there is nothing for you to feel sorry about.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 9 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #246

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kirara @ Sep 9 2009, 05:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Hotmustard @ Sep 8 2009, 07:08 AM) *

There is nothing to be sad about because there is nothing wrong with being single. Both of these women are highly successful so there is nothing for you to feel sorry about.

I'm with Kirara's sentiment. ^^ Besides, from what I hear, it is bit of a trend in Japan that many of highly successful women are not getting married at twenty-something which is more of the traditional age for women in Japan to get married, but instead they're staying single, by their choice... so I hear. ^^ So, yeah, I wouldn't feel sad about it. biggrin.gif

And, before everyone would start inserting more of their own view on "woman and marriage" on this thread... if anyone would like to express his/her opinions about women not getting married (any women, either manga artists or not,) or discuss further about "woman and marriage," please open a thread in Debate District and discuss that there. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Sep 12 2009, 01:29 AM
Post #247

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE (Nena @ Sep 8 2009, 05:09 AM) *
QUOTE (AA battery @ Sep 8 2009, 03:41 AM) *

I guess but I don't think Edward owns that "antenna" on his head..( actually he kind of does) Why would she throw a fictional character to a real person so she can watch anime? XD Maybe I should look it up but I don't really care that much tongue.gif

If you have enough experience with reading manga, then it should make sense to you why she was throwing a "fictional" character to Park Romi.

Besides, the line said in that panel says "I'll leave my son to you" (or something like that, someone need to show me that page so that I can re-read it to be sure). She is handing the role of Edward Elric to Park Romi, who will give Ed his voice. Mangaka are the ones who created the fictional characters, so in that sense, the mangaka is the parent of the fictional character. Argh I really can't explain this well, but that panel makes COMPLETE SENSE to me. It should make sense to most people soaked in the manga world long enough. Really. It makes sense. And Arakawa was not the first one to portray things like this. I have seen similar portrayal numerous times.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 19 2010, 04:12 PM
Post #248

Group Icon

<Program Note>

QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Jun 19 2010, 06:23 PM) *
I'm just going to bump this to say that yes, she does have a kid. A 2 year old little boy.
http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/29934910/

@deet-tastic - Eventually, we probably merge both threads, but for now, to avoid having the same discussions on two threads simultaneously, I moved your post to Arakawa Is A Mother. Wow. thread. smile.gif

Anyone with your comments on Arakawa-sensei's motherhood, please add your posts on Arakawa Is A Mother. Wow. thread. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sariachan
post Jul 31 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #249

Citizen

Member No.: 75,062

Albeit really tiny, I was finally able to see a photo of Hiromu Arakawa! _

Maybe I sound silly, but this was like an event for me. XD

She looks really slender, not chubby like her cute cow avatar could make us think. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 10 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #250

Group Icon

^ Sariachan, you can also check out the (possible) recent pic of Arakawa-sensei here. tongue.gif

Arakawa-sensei is from Chuurui village in Tokachi, Hokkaido (the village was then incorporated as part of Makubetsu town on Feb. 6, 2006). The village's fame is that in 1969 they found the fossil of Naumann Elephant there.
In 1988 the village chamber of commerce decided to create the village's symbol mark, and the junior high school Senior student, Hiromu Arakawa won the contest with the design that depicted Naumann Elephant.
Hiromu Arakawa is listed as a famous person from the village.

The village had the grand total of 4 traffic lights. The main industry is diary farming and crop farming. The best selling point of the village is the taste of fresh produce and diary products you get in the village.
Click on wallpaper links under picks here and you can see the scene around the village. (If you're following "Silver Spoon", you can see the resemblance. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post May 21 2012, 09:05 PM
Post #251

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

OK, this is kind of suspicious... but I've seen this pic pop up a couple places recently. This looks like an older interview, but if you scroll down there is a pic of a woman who is (for some reason!) muddy and wearing goggles. They seem to be passing the pic off as Arakawa-sensei. Thoughts? O_o

http://ookaminoteikoku.blogspot.com/2012/0...awa-hiromu.html

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 22 2012, 06:41 AM
Post #252

Group Icon

^ @allykatty1 - Thank you for that intel! It took me a long time to load that page (my computer is super slow today XDD) but I finally saw it.

Yeah I agree, that pic looks like Arakawa-sensei. XD Although that Portugese blog has no explanation about that pic, as the contents on that blog page are what have been already posted on our board & other sites before, such as Arakawa sensei's personal bio, etc. I should poke around some Japanese sites/blogs and see if I can find any more info on the pic. ... I've been slacking off a bit lately in that department since things have been hectic in RL. ^^

Meantime, if you find any more info, please post and share! biggrin.gif

(By the way that drawing at top of that blog is done by Nacchan on our board who is an awesome FMA fanartist from Italy, and she did that drawing in July 2010, to express her appreciation for Arakawa, after FMA manga has concluded. C:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post May 23 2012, 09:30 PM
Post #253

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

Yeah, I happened across that picture because I've been doing research on Arakawa-sensei's influences/inspirations/sources, etc, for a lit-review-type article on FMA that I'm writing (30 pages long so far...ahaha XD). No luck finding anything else on it yet, though! The other place I saw that pic was the following blog (not that it really helps, lol!):

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/hiromu-arakaw...fore=1336669474

I tried to link you to the exact page with the pic (it was on her birthday this past month), but the blog is always adding new posts, so...

The pic also shows up now on the right-hand side of the screen in results if you Google "Hiromu Arakawa."

Hmmm, intriguing. happy.gif And I agree, based on that small pic from the awards show years ago, it does look like it could be her. So weird that it just came out of nowhere though! I noticed it a couple weeks ago on the blog, but didn't mention it until I saw it show up on Google this past week too.

+Quote Post
CutEowyn
post Apr 19 2015, 05:38 AM
Post #254

Citizen

Member No.: 34,777

I've been through a kinda long manga and stuff break, damn I'm afraid there's only a few people on this website now... Anyway I've found this from a website about french editor of FMA... It's about global sales of manga they publish but they speak a bit about Silver spoon. Can translate if you wish.
http://www.paoru.fr/2014/01/25/interview-editeur-kurokawa/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagane
post Apr 18 2016, 03:15 PM
Post #255

Citizen

Member No.: 24

Didn't realise this forum was still alive, just wanna say thank you Arakawa for these past years, FMA has been present ever since the first time I saw/read it. Thank you for this masterpiece smile.gif

--------------------
Thank you Arakawa!

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 01:06 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css