HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Arakawa's Other Works! (Juushin Enbu, Raiden-18, and more!) Arakawa has other awesome works beside FMA!, Moving some posts from this thread to relevant threads below :)
Rating 5 V
Kirara
post Sep 20 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #91

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,267

Well whatever the reason for Spanish speaking fans to come onto primarily English speaking forums I'm glad.

I don't know if it is just me but I think if everyone only posted on forums where their first language was spoken there would be a real loss to the internet. Isn't part of the enjoyment of the internet sharing what you love with people from all over the world? Before the internet this type of interaction would have been impossible. Today on LJ for example someone posted the German issue of FMA and that made me really happy.

And since my language skills (despite taking 4 years of Spanish in HS and 4 years of French in college) are basically non-existent the only way I can meet fans from different countries is if they post in English-speaking forums.

And really I am impressed with how well everyone writes in English on here. Everyone keeps saying that most Spanish fans can't speak English but I would bet that there are more Spanish speaking fans that know English than English speaking fans that know Spanish. Which is sort of a shame because in the US, Spanish is the second most spoken language.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Sep 20 2006, 11:47 PM
Post #92

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

*getting further off-topic* I even learned to type Chinese (I didn't know how to type Chinese, at all, until this May) just to join in a fandom... (where English fandom does NOT exist... info found about that anime in English are very inaccurate, even for episode titles sleep.gif)

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Shirokage
post Sep 21 2006, 12:55 AM
Post #93

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,451

You learnt how to type chinese!? Wow... I tried learning, and then gave up after 5 minutes... Shame on me. I don't use the chinese character much, so I just write them in with the IME pad instead. Or sometimes I cheat by typing in japanese to get the same chinese character by using the kanji. (This has absolutely nothing to do with Arakawa sensei's other works, does it?)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Sep 21 2006, 01:14 AM
Post #94

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Shirokage @ Sep 21 2006, 12:55 AM) [snapback]449020[/snapback]

You learnt how to type chinese!? Wow... I tried learning, and then gave up after 5 minutes... Shame on me. I don't use the chinese character much, so I just write them in with the IME pad instead. Or sometimes I cheat by typing in japanese to get the same chinese character by using the kanji. (This has absolutely nothing to do with Arakawa sensei's other works, does it?)

Getting off topic is my specialty. XD

Well I learned Mandarin during high school, so I type in the Pin Yin to get the Chinese character... if I don't know the pinyin of that word, then I use an English -> Chinese online dictionary to get the words I need ^^;

http://www.njstar.com/njstar/chinese/ <--- that's the program I use to type chinese... I find it pretty convenient to use.

Typing English is still the easiest. XDDD *gets shot*

*attempts to get back on topic* umm yes, Arakawa's other works are so awesome! *gets shot again*

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Shirokage
post Sep 21 2006, 02:20 AM
Post #95

Apprentice

Oh, njstar. I thought that you were using IME (on which I tried learning "chong kyt" but as I said, I gave up every quickly). I used to use njstar but it was kinda unstable so I didn't bother installing it on my new computer. The cantonese pinyin is actually quite good. But as you said, english is still the easiest!

In an attempt to justify our off-topic-ness: We're just entertaining ourselves until the next one-shot comes out. (A rather pathetic excuse... *gets riddled by bullets*)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kasumi_lvgd
post Oct 4 2006, 03:19 PM
Post #96

Citizen

Member No.: 38,392

QUOTE(Janita @ Oct 2 2006, 09:27 PM) [snapback]454435[/snapback]

Also I want to translate and edit Stray Dog and Demons of Shanghai in Spanish, but I had the scans in chinese--- well.. just I can say "Nihao" in chinese, nothing else ... xD.... if Shirokage gives me his permission to use his translation too, (not the scans since I have chinese scans) to translate in Spanish ... I would be very happy happy.gif ....

Too bad that I already gave my japanese scans of Stray Dog to my friend ^^'

Anyways, I also have japanese scans of the 4 chapters of Shanghai, in case you're interested smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Oct 9 2006, 02:29 AM
Post #97

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 9 2006, 02:20 AM) [snapback]457262[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 9 2006, 05:17 AM) [snapback]457260[/snapback]
I might check tomorrow (Or rather later today. It's two in the morning over here), but I don't know if I'll find much of interest. I'll keep you posted.
^^ Thanks, that'll be appreciated!! biggrin.gif

I've raised the question, so it's in their court no. I have my own reasons to think it might be looked over, but we'll resort to that when it happens.

Actually, if anyone else here is on LJ, could you contact me with a PM or something? I've got some questions that need answering on the run of the land.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Panda_Battle
post Oct 26 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #98

Citizen

Member No.: 38,608

Yah nice i luv u for posting all these nice links:P

+Quote Post
megafan999
post Nov 6 2006, 07:05 PM
Post #99

Citizen

Member No.: 42,674

Hello, does anyone here has the Blind Alchemist Gaiden? It's the only one I don't have sad.gif

+Quote Post
The New Fullmeta...
post Nov 6 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #100

From: A little place called love... or my head... whichever...
Member No.: 35,074

Wow... If I ever get more than ten minutes to myself, I think I'll go through and read all of these posts from the beginning... You guys have some awesome stuff here, thank you! smile.gif

--------------------

awesome sig and avvy made w/ love by Nil-chan! Yaay! I'm your biggest fan! ^^
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by
drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

"Chicken Soup for the Royai Soul" - a ff.net C2 by FM-A.com people!

My fan-fiction, including the infamous Royai-themed "Adventures" series! :D

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Nov 6 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #101

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(megafan999 @ Nov 6 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]470779[/snapback]
Hello, does anyone here has the Blind Alchemist Gaiden? It's the only one I don't have sad.gif

It's in the back of the Perfect Guide.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
The New Fullmeta...
post Nov 6 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #102

From: A little place called love... or my head... whichever...
Member No.: 35,074

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 6 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]470847[/snapback]

If you don't mind my asking, which one? I know that there's an anime and a manga one...

--------------------

awesome sig and avvy made w/ love by Nil-chan! Yaay! I'm your biggest fan! ^^
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by
drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

"Chicken Soup for the Royai Soul" - a ff.net C2 by FM-A.com people!

My fan-fiction, including the infamous Royai-themed "Adventures" series! :D

+Quote Post
eina
post Nov 6 2006, 11:14 PM
Post #103

Citizen

Member No.: 21,042

QUOTE(The New Fullmetal Alchemist @ Nov 7 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]470851[/snapback]
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 6 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]470847[/snapback]

If you don't mind my asking, which one? I know that there's an anime and a manga one...

The manga one biggrin.gif

I agree with Nepharski... the Bat in The Blue Sky was a very nicely written manga. I wish she could've continued that. I bet it would receive as much attention as Hagaren (well, who knows really, hahaha)

--------------------

+Quote Post
megafan999
post Nov 7 2006, 04:43 PM
Post #104

Citizen

Member No.: 42,674

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 6 2006, 10:52 PM) [snapback]470847[/snapback]

Um, sorry, I realized I posted this in the wrong section :S But now that we're already talking about it, were could I find it? The one on the "Hagaren Omake Scanlations" doesn't have it unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Shirokage
post Mar 3 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #105

Apprentice

Finally got off my lazy ass to update the first page so people won't have to dig through the thread to find the links. Souten no Koumori (done by Illuminati Manga) and Juushin Enbu (done by CSakuraS) now linked on first page.

Yell out for credit amendments and broken links, as always.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 05:15 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css