HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
iAmjelly
post Jan 10 2011, 01:49 AM
Post #22156

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,655

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Jan 9 2011, 11:36 AM) *
A basic one this week, since I can't really think of anything good. (And if anyone has a more creative one, post it!) At what point in the story did you seriously start to think that there's something between Roy and Riza? (Could be during the manga or either anime.)

For me, it was the last episode of anime 1, because I was young and I couldn't read the subtle just yet. When Roy was all like "The world's not perfect blah blah blah that's what makes it so damn beautiful," I had a moment where I stopped the DVD, rewinded it and said something like "Is... is there something going on here?"

Then I rewatched the first anime and was all like "How did I miss this?" and because there wasn't enough Royai interaction, I went hunting for the manga. What hand-made-city said. Can't deny it in the manga.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
StormGoddess
post Jan 10 2011, 06:22 AM
Post #22157

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,523

@Tombow that's sad sad.gif. It's good to have (err who was it again? I'm really bad at remembering names D:) gathering all the pictures.

@Dark-Winds Thanks for sharing. I just wish I understand that. What does it say? Are they canon already? XD ... wait, who said they're not? tongue.gif

@jacksparrow589 Yes, perfect one for another fanfiction. XD

About the RoyAi question, I'm the same as iAmjelly. The first time I watched FMA1 I wasn't that sensitive to subtle hints, and I probably skipped episode 37 so when I saw Roy and Riza with her hair down in episode 51 I was like "who's that?" and then I heard her spoke and I said "oh? they're together?" huh.gif so I decided to rewatch it and then Royai starvation started and so I started reading the manga. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
RadicalDreamer
post Jan 10 2011, 03:10 PM
Post #22158

Citizen

Member No.: 75,904

When did I notice about Royai ? Well, to be honest, they were one of the reason that motivated me to watch the entire anime... so I guess I shipped them from the very beginning. I just liked the little I saw of their relationship... and considering I loved a pairing like them before... I just kept drawing parallels... so to me, of course, Roy and Riza had a thing for each other (and the ending cut to the chase and proved me I was right... and then, there was Brotherhood and the manga which made Roy and Riza's connection stronger and more detailed *the first anime sucked for that, a lot of characters weren't developped much if at all*). When it comes to figuring out couples, I tend to be an expert. I rarely get misleaded for some reasons (except in the movie Paprika... it was the most unexpected hook up I have ever seen). What makes Royai hard to figure out at first is the fact that they're in the "subtle" category (and in the military, in a boss/subordinate relationship). But the pleasure/fun in subtle is that the characters don't show much so when they show something more, it's very meaningful and exciting... And also, I like discovering a story/pairing/character instead of having everything bluntly explained for me as if I was too stupid to understand. So yeah, subtlety rocks happy.gif.

The trouble is... I often seem to fall for pairings that don't get resolved for some reasons (and if they do, it's dissapointing... either because it's done too late and I doesn't care the same way or the writers just decided to do a sucky job *there is nothing worse than out-of-character characterization in CANON... leave that for fanfiction*) or they get together and then get separated (for obscure and/or stupid reasons sometimes... well take Shambala for example... after the tender royai scene in the last episode, the fact that the writers separated them in the movie was a bit of a WTH... but oh well... I guess we suffered less than poor Edwin fans, what the writers did was crual and stupid and I didn't even supported Edwin back then... and yeah, then I have the Escaflowne case in mind... how the ending frustrated me, you can't even imagine). Royai is one of them. But whatever, it was really worth the ride. And while they're not a couple in canon (yet)... at least, I firmly believe in them and their deep connection. They're not gonna leave each other and someday, I'm sure they will do something about their feelings (but I'm afraid that's something we're not likely to get in canon).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reverine Methern...
post Jan 10 2011, 05:45 PM
Post #22159

Citizen

Member No.: 75,885

I agree with Hand-Made-City-san. The battle between Lust & Roy made it BLEEDING obvious.

The order i read/watched fma is kinda weird:
1st- i read the manga
2nd- i watched FMA Brotherhood
3rd- right now im watching the first FMA anime

So right now im watching the 1st FMA anime and theres a part that caught my attention. When Yoki ratted out Scar for an award and the military went to the Ishbal ghetto. Then Lust and Gluttony killed Yoki but made it look like someone 4rm the military shot him. *I think it's ep 32*

Then the Ishbalians get scared and start throwing rocks at the soldiers, and one of them hits Riza and she starts bleeding. When Roy sees this he kind of 'snaps'. Then he gets in front of her, to sheild her 4rm any further hits, says something about crowd control then says " And wipe that junk off your forehead" (something like that) in an angry voice

then i start thinking "would Roy have acted this way if Havoc or Brenda had been hit?"
I dont think he would have acted so sternly
And also Roy dosent hate the Ishbalians, because of the Civil War so i know he would not act aggressively if a random soldier was hit.

I think the only reason he became very crossed is because Riza was the 1 to get hit by a rock. (and bled)

--------------------
Life isnt about waiting for the rain to pass,
its about learning to dance in the rain

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jan 10 2011, 08:25 PM
Post #22160

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

For the question of the week.

Well, I watched the first anime first in 2006, and I don't think I really noticed Roy and Riza all that much, honestly. I think I got about half way through the anime, stopped and then started watching it again last summer and managed to finish the series. And I still didn't really care all too much about them. I think I thought that they could have been a possibility for a couple when the whole thing with King Bradley happened and Roy lost his eye or whatever, but I really just didn't care enough.

Then I started reading the manga that fall. Oh my goodness it was like opening a whole new world lol At the time EdxWinry was my favorite couple, so I was more focused around them. But I think I REALLY noticed that Roy and Riza could be a couple when the whole Lust incident happened wink.gif

It wasn't until after the series ended that I got really into them though lol Now they're my favorite couple ever! =)

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jan 10 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #22161

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

Oh boy a question I can finally answer without any hesitation.

I started with the FMA manga first. I wasn't even reading the manga online. But my brother bought me the first two volumes of the manga. I remember reading in the first volume where we first meet Roy and Riza during the train hijacking and how everything was so formal. But then the quote "behind every great man is a great woman." And I thought Colonel Mustang is a man with power, and I bet that Lt. Hawkeye is important to him because she is right there with him. And there talk about the hijacking just seemed to suggest two people who have worked with each other for so long, that they just know each other.

So the gears in my fangirl heart began to turn a little. Then in volume two, during the Scar fight where Riza trips Roy and calls him uselss really cemented it for me. Because in my mind there was no way a Lt. could call her commanding officer useless and get away with it. And it was the way Roy reacted to her calling him useless too. I think that if it was anyone else, he would have gotten angry. But Riza calling him useless made it seem like he really valued how she thought of him. Like they were a team.

And then obviously more an more moments turn up in the manga, and it just became even more obvious. But what I really love about their relationship, is that it isn't about two people finding their love for one another. Instead it is two people who know they love each other and make a whole. And two people who would sacrifice themselves for the others dreams and life without any hesitation. Well that is my two cents anyways.

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jan 12 2011, 09:17 AM
Post #22162

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

IT WAS ANIME BOSTON, 2007.

*cue dramatic music*

This AMV won for best romance, and I was watching it with my friends at the masquerade. At the time, I was about two volumes into FMA. I was already a fan of Riza's simply because I was so excited to see a female officer in a shounen manga, but was surprised when I saw the two of them paired in the AMV. I turned to my friend and was like, "They're canon?"
"Sort of."
"But...she's so cool, and he's so stupid!"
"They're pretty cute together, actually."

After that I was curious and kept my eyes peeled for any subtle indication that my friend was right and this unlikely pair was, in fact, compatible. I was looking so closely from the very beginning that I immediately picked up on everything and eagerly searched for more and more confirmation. I was interested in the pairing because I was curious about how two seemingly very different people were attracted to one another and honestly, it was only a mere matter of chapters after that that I was convinced. The scene at Hughes' grave and all the ones after it had me sold...

So I was already a believer at that point but, like everyone else said, the Barry the Chopper scene and the Riza vs. Gluttony/Roy vs. Lust made me see that, perhaps, I wasn't the only one who had their heart set on those two getting together, and that it really was possible!! happy.gif

Then I went and watched the entirety of the first anime and was like, ".......That's it?"

@ Dark-Wings - Thanks for sharing that! I hope someone translates it soon, because I'm really curious about what it says XD

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jan 16 2011, 09:57 AM
Post #22163

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Time for another question! This one's a little harder, I think.

If Roy and Riza lived in the present day (and in our world, not the FMA world), what do you think they'd be doing for jobs? ("Bonus points" for not choosing the military!)

I think Roy would be a lawyer or something similar. He's one smart guy, and as much as he likes action, he also likes justice. (And I can't see him being a cop or anything for some reason.)

Riza... that's difficult. I feel like she'd co-own and operate a bookshop. Or she'd be a teacher, but I wouldn't subject her to that, because I feel that teachers are often looked down upon/disrespected. (At least, in the U.S.)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Reverine Methern...
post Jan 16 2011, 07:52 PM
Post #22164

Citizen

jacksparrow-san u come up with very good question! I always have to think really hard in order to answer them. Great questions!! >w<

I can picture Riza being a vet for some reason

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lightning Flame ...
post Jan 16 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #22165

Citizen

Member No.: 76,138

hi peoples! im new to this site smile.gif

well, i reckon Riza would be one of those dog trainers. but im not sure about roy.....

--------------------
"When you kill your enemy, don't look away. Look at them straight in the eye, and don't forget them because they won't forget you."

+Quote Post
Reverine Methern...
post Jan 17 2011, 10:35 AM
Post #22166

Citizen

Hello and welcome Lightning Flame Alchemist-san!!! >w<

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 17 2011, 11:04 AM
Post #22167

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

Lightning Flame Alchemist Welcome to the Royai thread!

I can also imagine Roy being a lawyer, but I could also imagine him being a politician (a none corrupt one!). He'd be the one out there trying to make a real difference. wink.gif

As for Riza, I could imagine her being a teacher or maybe a secretary. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
RadicalDreamer
post Jan 17 2011, 11:23 AM
Post #22168

Citizen

Member No.: 75,904

As for Riza, I could imagine her being a teacher or maybe a secretary.

Or a doctor. Not the medical kind. It's because Riza is so practical. I can see her into sciency stuff (and books). Or she could be a doctor doctor, but it's just that Winry is the one I could really see into that kind of job (and her parents were doctors).

I agree about Roy. A lawyer (like Phoenix Wright/Miles Edgeworth lol) or a non corrupted politician.

But I think I still could see those 2 in the military. It's just... real military (the US one at least) is more strict than the one we see in FMA (or maybe there is the same non fraternization thing in FMA... but Arakawa chose to not mention it *as if it was necessary... the military was completely corrupted in the story anyway*) and if we are to imagine them in an alternate life, I would like them to be happy, you know, not in a forbidden relationship. They suffered enough already.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jan 17 2011, 11:41 AM
Post #22169

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

QUOTE (RadicalDreamer @ Jan 17 2011, 10:23 AM) *
But I think I still could see those 2 in the military. It's just... real military (the US one at least) is more strict than the one we see in FMA (or maybe there is the same non fraternization thing in FMA... but Arakawa chose to not mention it *as if it was necessary... the military was completely corrupted in the story anyway*) and if we are to imagine them in an alternate life, I would like them to be happy, you know, not in a forbidden relationship. They suffered enough already.

I totally didn't think of that! Good point! (And really, I think they could be in the military, too--I just didn't want people to cop out and say it. tongue.gif )

Lightning Flame Alchemist--Welcome! Riza as a dog-trainer would certainly be interesting... (I mean that in a good way, of course!)

Reverine Methernlace and A Pierrot's Aria--Roy as a non-corrupt politician sounds pretty good! I almost put that down, but I just feel like he'd have more fun being a lawyer for some reason. biggrin.gif

(Side note to Reverine Methernlace: I think my questions are absolutely boring, to be honest. ^^; And if anyone has their own Royai question of the week, please, put it up! The way this quarter's going, I don't know that I'll be able to keep up the, ahem, "quality" of these questions.)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Mustanghawk
post Jan 17 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #22170

Citizen

Member No.: 74,193

Hi everyone! =)
I haven't been here since summer (or maybe fall... i don't remember) so i am quite outside about what are you talking about now ^^' you have some kind of question-answer thing going on here? (that's only thing i caughct...)

--------------------
Give all you have but don't give up

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 05:07 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css