Closed TopicStart new topic
9/11---9 Years Later
Disasterpiece
post Sep 10 2010, 02:30 PM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,581

I wanted to make this thread since tomorrow is the day. No hating, no religious disputes, nothing except remembering the victims and reflecting on ourselves of where we were that day.

My father worked 2 blocks from the WTC, and he saw everything: the planes hit, the people falling, right up until the first tower fell. He came back, but there were a few people my family knew who didn't come back that day. I had three friends who would never see their father, uncle, or brother again.

I think that day forever changed me, for better or for worse, I don't know. But 9 years later, it still hits me whenever I see footage from that day. And I watch it to remind myself that nearly 3,000 innocent souls perished from a malicious act of violence; that violence is never the answer.

Please, keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

To those who have been lost: you are not forgotten.

I ask the mods for clemency for a thread like this, because I think 9/11 affected not just America, but the whole world as well.

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ScarMySoul
post Sep 10 2010, 02:48 PM
Post #2

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 36,754

This thread is okay for now, just like what was stated before, leave religious debate and conspiracy theories out of it. There's a thread in the Debate District for that type of talk. This thread will be closed in a few days. smile.gif

O/T:

I remember being a Junior in High School when this all happened. My dad woke me up at 4:30 am Pacific Time, and we watched the planes hit... sad.gif All throughout the day we saw footage at school about what was happening.

I have a friend who's mother was in the trade center when it started to collapse, thank god she got out in time... Another friend of mine knew someone that was on the plane that crashed in PA and we know that nobody survived that crash....

My thoughts are with all the families that are suffering all over the world, this not only affected the USA but there were people from all over the world that were in those buildings. RIP.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Sep 11 2010, 02:16 AM
Post #3

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

9/11 did not affect me personally. I witnessed (via television) the Second Tower collapse, and although the buildings meant nothing to me at the time, it stuck with me.

We suffered our own terrorist attack. Though the loss of life was not as large as 9/11 it was no less of a tragedy. I think this date should remember all those who have lost their lives to terrorism, and the bravery of all those who helped people during those tragic times. No matter how many programs I watch, I am amazed at the amount of people who set to task and helped others without a second thought.

--------------------

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Sep 11 2010, 02:40 AM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

Nine years ago I was 11 and didn't really get what happened. My friend turned on the TV and said: OMG the two towers! The WTC! But I had no clue what that was and that these were in New York. When I actually understood that terrorists are behind this, I really were afraid. How can people do such thing?

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
baquira
post Sep 11 2010, 06:18 AM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 74,072

I wanted to say i'm amazed how the Americans united on and after the tragedy. How they would always remember and offer prayers to the victims.

I was 9 years old when that happened and at least had idea what was going on since terrorist attacks in our country and the commotion in america is always on news at that time.
but then, after 9 years, it is just now that i started to think what the Americans had felt at that time. I watched CNN this afternoon and saw more than the picture and the footages of two burning buildings that i saw back then. Even though it isn't my country that gone through the tragedy, seeing people in those situation is chilling and heartbreaking.

Closed topic as I said I would, the day is passed... there hasn't been anymore comments... smile.gif -Scar

CLOSED

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 09:54 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css