HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 48: Oath In The Tunnel - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, possible spoilers for the first 48 episodes
EveningAlchemist
post Mar 14 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,198

And we start off with gushing blood. Looks like it's going to be an awesome episode! And sure enough, it kicks butt even if people say it's dragged out. I guess it just seems that way since the battles in FMA are usually short and sweet. *has flashbacks to DBZ*

Yes, Irena, Fuu's mustache looks like he snorted a fish! laugh.gif

Ed blowing up makes up for the lack of Fullmetal vs. Flame episode! Love the epicness of this episode too. LanFan's wicked ninja skills... Ed's heroic actions... Roy casually blowing up a bar... Pride being Pride... Love it!

And it only gets more exciting from here... wub.gif

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Mar 15 2010, 01:51 AM
Post #17

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

It's really sad to see Gluttony go ;___;
Pride is so ruthless...

Though it's nice that the anime has "slowed down". One chapter -> one episode? That sounds just about right! Keep that up animation team! XD

I think Takayama Minami should have dubbed for Pride instead of Envy...

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Mar 15 2010, 06:41 AM
Post #18

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

QUOTE (AA battery @ Mar 15 2010, 03:51 PM) *
I think Takayama Minami should have dubbed for Pride instead of Envy...

i think pride's voice suit somehow.. it just has the "sense of pride" in the voice biggrin.gif i llooove it, selim as pride is freaking hottt (yes yes yes, shotacon mode =_________=)

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Mar 15 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #19

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Disasterpiece - please don't spam by asking such things, you just have to check your usual sites for them to update with the subtitled version.

Shall fill in with my thoughts in a little while, only just watched 47 stitchface.png

- animation already clearly better than last weeks, which I think is important with battle scenes, especially at the speed RanFan works at.

- Team Edward's blasting off again! (oh he is looking so good)

- Madam Christmas is such a gangsta moll, love her.

- Evil grin is most evil, blood galore! And oh no, fire, run Simba!

- Goodness, even I pity Gluttony.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 15 2010, 11:01 AM
Post #20

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

@Disasterpiece - I moved your "Any subs?" post to where to watch FMA Brotherhood episode thread. smile.gif

Everyone, since this thread is for content discussion for ep 47, please try to avoid crowding this thread with "where is the sub?" posts. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Mar 15 2010, 04:06 PM
Post #21

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

I think the whole reason this episode was "dragged out" (aka simply slightly slower paced!) is that they didn't want Gluttony's end to feel too abrupt.

Here's a homonculus that's been around since the beginning of the series, was only just reintroduced after 20 episods out of action...and is being offed already.

Even if it was (sadly for him) almost nothing but him getting a beating, I think they at least wanted to give him plenty of time in the episode before he was finished off.

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Mar 15 2010, 09:05 PM
Post #22

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

Good episode. Loved the fight sequence with Gluttony.

But why the damn map >_< i know it showed up for a few moments, but why in the middle of the screen >_< why not just put it in a corner

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
IceSkadi
post Mar 16 2010, 12:41 AM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 72,103

Nice episode. It was slow paced but not too much dragged out in my opinion.

I loved the whole Pride vs Ed fight sequence and the new music at the beginning. Poor Gluttony he is one of my favorite homunculus alongside Envy, it's a pity that he had to go in a such cruel way. However it was a good reason to see Pride in all his evilness.

I'm glad that thy didn't change the conversation between Roy and Madame Christmas, it was one of my favorite part in the manga.

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Mar 16 2010, 03:17 AM
Post #24

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

Some bizarre changes from the manga.

[/superinformativepost]

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Mar 16 2010, 09:18 AM
Post #25

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

QUOTE (Vagrant @ Mar 16 2010, 03:17 AM) *
Some bizarre changes from the manga.

[/superinformativepost]

Only changes I noted were extending Gluttony's fight, removing the fourth man from teh team of people investigating Madam Christmas, making it seem like Mustang and Madam Christmas DIDN'T kill those men (which will make more sense in reflection later on) and making it clearer how Gluttony was anywhere near Pride when the flashbangs went off. None of these changes seemed bizaare to me. Actually the stuff with Gluttony especially worked really well.

I liked the music playing while Lan Fan and Ling beat up on Gluttony, it sounded more like music you'd expect to here while the Homunculus were beating up on the good guys, not while the good guys are beating up on the Homunculus. Kinda made you feel even more sorry for poor old Gluttony. I will question one thing tho; Gluttony jumping to his feet like that, was hilarious and impossible to my eyes. Funny tho.

I'm kinda dissapointed that Pride didn't switch to his Selim voice while taunting Ed, cause that's how it came across to me in the manga. But I can't complain too much because every scene Pride was in was solid gold awesome. I'm bias obviously, just look at my avatar, but Pride really came off as creepy and menacing this week, far more than he did last week. It was nice to see him in action properly as well, I especially like how little Pride talks compared to his siblings. Seriously compare Pride's fight to against Greed, Lust, Envy or even Wrath. Those four spend almost as much time talking as they do fighting, ESPECIALLY Envy. Pride, just says what's needed and gets on with it. I guess it's a way for showing how little Pride thinks of his enemies.

But of course I have give my judgement on my number one favourite moment in the entire series; Pride kills Gluttony. And my verdict? WOW. I didn't think they could make that scene any more harsh than it was in the Manga but they seriously managed. They made it more drawn out and alot more brutal. I have to admit I was never a fan of the Brotherhhod Gluttony voice but it has definately grown on me. I'm not 100% sure that the original actor could've given a performance that good. The main reason I like it is just how innocent and confused Gluttony is right up to the moment he's killed, he really doesn't understand what's going on until it's too late. He's so trusting, and this along with his love of Lust and the scenes he had with Al previously, make you wonder if the guy was ever truly evil, or just very very devoted to his family, which ultimately betrayed him.

It also says alot about Pride, the other Homunculus have demonstrated some kind of familiar love for each other (Envy and Gluttony's reactions to Lust's death being a prime example, even Wrath seemed to respect her) but Pride, you really get the feeling he sees all of them beside his Father as below him sometimes. It's what makes him such a great lil' badass.

Oh and Mustang did some stuff but I'm not fussed.

Next week: Okay next week will be more of the awesome Pride battle, but I've also got a suspicion... that it'll be another one Chapter episode. Not gonna complain, just means more Pride biggrin.gif

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Mar 16 2010, 09:24 AM
Post #26

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

Didn't notice that it dragged things out at all. The pace and content was perfect, for me; it didn't rush through things, and it managed to keep me excited, it never felt slow or boring.

The music was very neatly placed throuhout the episode, except for during the after-credits scene. That track is not one of my favourites, and they always keep looping it whenever it plays. Also, the animation here wasn't the best. Rest of the episode looked pretty good most of the time though, but, did anyone else find Mustang looking a bit off this week? I don't know what it was, maybe he had a bad hair day or something.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Hillary
post Mar 16 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #27

Citizen

Member No.: 71,090

Something I noticed: Why did Roy change back into a military uniform to kidnap Mrs Bradley? Aren't they all kind of supposed to be rebelling or something?

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Mar 16 2010, 05:34 PM
Post #28

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

^ well, I know he is wearing them on the Promised Day.
But it is a bit confusing I suppose.
I'm not going to complain though smile.gif

I loved Mustang and Hawkeye taking down Mrs. Bradleys guards though.
I just wish the camera angle had been better.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Fiddledee
post Mar 16 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 71,452

I rather enjoyed this episode. It seemed to have everything in even amounts and was very exciting.

Something I noticed: Why did Roy change back into a military uniform to kidnap Mrs Bradley? Aren't they all kind of supposed to be rebelling or something?

Perhaps so she could recognize him better? Or perhaps he was thinking "screw it, I want them to know I'm doing this to make a point." I dunno really...haha.

Hi everyone btw, first post after lurking for quite some time, lol.

+Quote Post
Irena
post Mar 16 2010, 09:02 PM
Post #30

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,592

QUOTE (Hillary @ Mar 16 2010, 12:39 PM) *

I always thought it was because his uniform is easier to move around in/more comfortable than if he were wearing his civilian clothes.

Or maybe Arakawa just threw it on him because she's drawn the dang thing so many times she could probably do it in her sleep. xD

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 04:02 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css