HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 49: Filial Affection - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, possible spoilers for the first 49 episodes
Kasumisty
post Mar 21 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,111

Oh yeah.

Edward. He takes putting the clothes on to a completely different level.

When it comes to episode, it was nice, had awesome animation and art-style and was sufficiently action-packed. I feel wrong for thinking Selim was hot from time to time in this one.

Hohenheim and his badassery, oh yes. One of the coolest FMA characters. And he is hot, too. There's seriously something wrong with me today I liked how angry he looked when telling to not mock his son.

I feel sympathetic towards Mrs. Bradley. She is so nice and gentle, didn't deserve all of this.

And oh my gawd, we are seriously that far into story. Cannot believe time passed so fast.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Mar 21 2010, 04:32 PM
Post #17

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Mar 21 2010, 02:14 PM) *
Edward. He takes putting the clothes on to a completely different level.

I, too, found the putting on of the coat to be completely badass... yet at the same time I am just a teensy bit disappointed that we didn't get THIS exact shot:

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/89/06/

*sigh* Oh well... happy.gif

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Mar 21 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #18

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

For once, I would like to have Roy have a Hughes moment without the Riza family butting in. Not every Roy scene has to be about you, Annie Oakley!
Wait a minute: how is Riza here? Oh, wait, of course: Bradley was supposed to be watching her. That explains things, considering the superb job he did holding Winry hostage.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Mar 21 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #19

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

What do you mean "Bradley was supposed to be watching her"
Bradley asploded. He's out of the picture for a while. And he went to the East/North training without her anyways.

You guys; THIS SCENE http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/90/07/
was shown in the preview for next week.
That means we get Buccaneer next Sunday biggrin.gif WHOO-HOO!!

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Mar 21 2010, 06:34 PM
Post #20

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Mar 21 2010, 06:00 PM) *
What do you mean "Bradley was supposed to be watching her"
Bradley asploded. He's out of the picture for a while. And he went to the East/North training without her anyways.
Well, wasn't the whole reason Riza became Bradley's secretary was so he could keep her under his watch to keep Roy obedient? That he went to the East/North without her says it plainly.

+Quote Post
StormGoddess
post Mar 21 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #21

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,523

Pride looks menacing in this episode. And when he got trapped with Al I thought he's gonna switch to his young voice.

QUOTE (Claudius @ Mar 21 2010, 05:55 PM) *
For once, I would like to have Roy have a Hughes moment without the Riza family butting in. Not every Roy scene has to be about you, Annie Oakley!
Wait a minute: how is Riza here? Oh, wait, of course: Bradley was supposed to be watching her. That explains things, considering the superb job he did holding Winry hostage.

Maybe Bones wants to emphasize the bond between Roy and Hughes, and Roy and Riza before the... well, we know what's coming up in the next few episodes.

As for Riza being in Central, I dunno. Maybe as the Fuehrer's secretary he left her with his paperwork. LOL.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Mar 21 2010, 07:32 PM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

I really liked this episode. I liked how we got to see Hohenheim's alchemy in action! The conversation scenes were done well and I of course enjoyed the extra scene with Roy and Riza. I think it will help dramatize an upcoming scene even more.

It's funny in the scene in the manga with Denny I was confused at first. The way the chapter was done, I thought it was Ed(even though it made no sense to me) He really did look like Ed, but seeing it animated there is no confusion that it's Denny. tongue.gif Silly me!

My last comment is a bit off the wall, but I know there are a few fans here who also watch Doctor Who. Did anyone else think of Human Nature/Family of Blood when Pride was "sniffing?" laugh.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Twilight Warrior...
post Mar 21 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 44,048

hmm....Selim/Pride continues to be creepy even now (like that's any surprise.)
but I was surprised how they went into his past a bit and explained that he found
human nature "fascinating", it really cemented the contrast how he and Al see the
world differently. I love that Al seems to come into his own in this episode aided by his father, and be trapped to stop one of the homunculi from fighting. I agree, I loved how Hoenhiem told Pride not to mock his son.

and I just got to say it, YEAH for the Kimblee cameo and eyecatcher. I have a feeling we'll be seeing him again soon within the next episode or two. I think a Pride/Al eyecatcher would have been more appropriate for this don't you think?

--------------------

-"If the ways of this world are based on equivalent exchange, as alchemy says, then in order to allow for a new generation to enjoy good fortune,
then the price that we must pay is to carry the bodies of the dead across a river of blood."

- Riza Hawkeye

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Mar 22 2010, 02:08 AM
Post #24

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

Has no one mentioned the topic title typo? (triple aliteration score!) It's Familial, anyway. Is Filial a thing?

Anyway, maybe this is just because I watched it in higher quality than usual, but aside from Pride looking kind of odd, was the show extra pretty this week?
The sudden sunrise at the end looked awesome as well.

Hohenheim is for el win. Al also rocks.

I had no recollection of the setup for Greed's actions in recent chapters, but that's cool in hindsight. (does make me wonder how Greed knows what Ling doesn't though)

I was a little annoyed at the post-credits cliffhanger, it messes with the pacing of the ep a bit but OMIGOD stuff is kicking off. Next episode HAS be freakin' awesome.

Aaand I haven't re-read the manga for comparison yet, so I'll probably be back with complaints.

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
Gukumatz
post Mar 22 2010, 02:40 AM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 45,648

QUOTE (Vagrant @ Mar 22 2010, 02:08 AM) *
Has no one mentioned the topic title typo? (triple aliteration score!) It's Familial, anyway. Is Filial a thing?

It's not a typo. Filial is an adjective describing the type (and source) of the affection. It is affection from son to father or mother. It probably refers to Pride's unexpected affection for his mother.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/filial

I thought this episode was very pretty. I felt a little sad that the chimera were excluded from the planning (like in the manga, I know), but it seems it was their choice so that they could get a chance to talk.

Yay Ed dodging a tree trunk.

Everything is moving so fast! The promised day is starting already.

--------------------
-Gukumatz
[ LJ | Song translations | Icon ]

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Mar 22 2010, 03:04 AM
Post #26

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

QUOTE (Gukumatz @ Mar 22 2010, 09:40 AM) *
QUOTE (Vagrant @ Mar 22 2010, 02:08 AM) *
wIt's not a typo. Filial is an adjective describing the type (and source) of the affection. It is affection from son to father or mother. It probably refers to Pride's unexpected affection for his mother.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/filial
Ah, fair enough.
I just went off Wikipedia which said it was familial in the title.

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Mar 22 2010, 04:05 AM
Post #27

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

I just hope next episode they don't cut out this part: http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/90/18/ XD

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Mar 22 2010, 04:22 AM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

I don't get it, why do people think these past two episodes feel bloated? (Because I assume you mean dragged out and stretching of material by that? Trying to make too much out of too little...? Correct me if I'm wrong biggrin.gif)

This episodes pacing was yet again, just as last weeks, perfect for me. Don't have many comments aside from that to add, except that both animation and music were top quality (from what I could hear, I watched this episode in school, and afraid to get caught I had the volume turned down pretty significantly tongue.gif).

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Mar 22 2010, 06:54 AM
Post #29

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Mar 22 2010, 06:05 PM) *
I just hope next episode they don't cut out this part: http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/90/18/ XD

oohh that's so true!!
still cannot wait for next week's ._.

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Mar 22 2010, 12:18 PM
Post #30

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

^ ditto.
I really hope they keep in that part. It would be awesome biggrin.gif
It's actually one of my favorite jokes. You see Scar standing off in the bushes. And Ed's face. Gotta love it smile.gif

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 07:41 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css