Reply to this topicStart new topic
My Rant Against Adultswim
adamclark
post Jul 30 2005, 10:15 PM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,467

well, i was just getting more and more angry over the way adultswim has organized their shows.

(i don't know if this is the right section for this post, so you can move it to another one, mods, if you see fit).

when the anime saturday rantings tanked several weeks in a row they complained about it for a week, then threw futurama on at 11.

they only did this because if rantings stay low for too long, the bigwigs above them might considering tanking adultswim altogether (it wasn't too long ago that saturdays weren't "adultswim" at all).

the past few viewer response nights, they only made fun of viewer comments again and again. Also they had a recent bump were they commented that they disregarded viewer prefences.

Coupled that with their usual insulting attitude toward their viewers, it makes me more and more dissatisfied with THEIR performance (Not to mention how they jack with the anime shows and schedules so much!).

Now i don't want to sound crazy, but if I could get people to boycot them...i'd feel a lot better.

--------------------
"Everybody's a jerk. You, me, this jerk." -Bender
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scars of love
post Jul 30 2005, 11:12 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Member No.: 16,792

What would Fullmetal come on then? Anime unleashed? sorry but unless they replace AdultSwim entriely with a better uncut midnight anime block on craptoon network then we might as well stick with the best we've got for now. i don't want a different team showing the stuff unless they.....

Show the full uncut verisions of shows.(not editing out champloo and some scenes from FMA like Scar blowing up heads)
Show the full FMA endings
Show more uncut animes
have 1 or 2 animes subbed that won't ever get dubbed

If another anime uncut block could do the stuff AdultSwim can't do then by all means replace them but if they can't even do half the stuff they do then forget it. we just have to hope the ratings get better. you have to remember the animes they're showing right now aren't too good or popular. hopefully they'll get Naruto for AdultSwim midnight and not for Toonami.

+Quote Post
adamclark
post Jul 30 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #3

Alchemists

aren't too good? which ones do you mean? FMA--from what I've always heard--is one of the most popular animes ever. I'm not sure about the others.

but your missing the point. its not a matter of removing adultswim (if they're not around, though, i'm sure someone will pop up showing anime), but holding them responsible for their poor treatment of their fans.

viewers are the only reason they exist. if they can't respect them and possible take in mind their tastes and preference when choosing shows, then they should undergo "retooling."

and that's not even going into the comedy section. some of their original shows are the most poorly production animation i've ever seen (but i won't get into that hear.)

eh.. blame it on ted turner. he owns Cartoon Network and most television stations in america.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scars of love
post Jul 30 2005, 11:29 PM
Post #4

Citizen

Well the animes they show are good but....some aren't popular. and no one at my school that are hooked on anime even knows what FMA is and they call themselves anime fans. LMAO! *slaps all of them with laughing stick* so it obvisouly isn't too popular. s cry ed is sorta lame imo and thats about it.

+Quote Post
adamclark
post Jul 30 2005, 11:45 PM
Post #5

Alchemists

yeah, i really DONT dig s-cry-ed (can't even pronounce it).

but i would think fullmetal would be popular to anime fans. I mean, what the heck are they watching? DBZ? come on! (its time to move on!)

but it could be that FMA is not like most anime, and the things that many anime fans like aren't in FMA (like giant robots, scifi outer space stuff, naked girls, excessive violence, and a general inconsistent and childish storyline, like DBZ).

i'll stick with FMA.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scars of love
post Jul 30 2005, 11:54 PM
Post #6

Citizen

Yeah. they're all into anime girls in skimpy outfits with they're big b00bs hanging on the manga and dvd covers. I know one guy who likes FMA but suprisingly no girls. And i thought Ed and Al were pimps. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
adamclark
post Jul 31 2005, 12:01 AM
Post #7

Alchemists

gee, i never really saw them in that light (i never realized people thought of them like that until i came here, scary).

but it can also be that since FMA is on adult swim that an older group of people are into it (unless i am so crazy to think that kids don't watch it) and not teens and such...

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jul 31 2005, 05:55 PM
Post #8

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 250

QUOTE(adamclark @ Jul 31 2005, 05:15 AM)
well, i was just getting more and more angry over the way adultswim has organized their shows.

(i don't know if this is the right section for this post, so you can move it to another one, mods, if you see fit).

when the anime saturday rantings tanked several weeks in a row they complained about it for a week, then threw futurama on at 11.

they only did this because if rantings stay low for too long, the bigwigs above them might considering tanking adultswim altogether (it wasn't too long ago that saturdays weren't "adultswim" at all).

I don't know what you are talking about and where you got this.

If its from the little Adult Swim cards, I think you are taking what is supposed to be offbeat humor too seriously.

the past few viewer response nights, they only made fun of viewer comments again and again.  Also they had a recent bump were they commented that they disregarded viewer prefences.

Coupled that with their usual insulting attitude toward their viewers, it makes me more and more dissatisfied with THEIR performance (Not to mention how they jack with the anime shows and schedules so much!).

Once again, I think you are taking the bumper cards too seriously. And some of the viewers on the boards are idiots. In fact...a lot of them are smile.gif .

Now i don't want to sound crazy, but if I could get people to boycot them...i'd feel  a lot better.
[snapback]233698[/snapback]

I think I'll boycott you instead tongue.gif .

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
adamclark
post Jul 31 2005, 06:03 PM
Post #9

Alchemists

well vile, i'm glad to see i am able express my opinion and receive such warm support on these boards.

and a viewer does have the right to be upset with the performance of a television program.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jul 31 2005, 06:04 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(adamclark @ Aug 1 2005, 01:03 AM)
well vile, i'm glad to see i am able express my opinion and receive such warm support on these boards.

and a viewer does have the right to be upset with the performance of a television program.
[snapback]235207[/snapback]

I'm confused. Are you disappointed with Adult Swim or Fullmetal Alchemist? Adult Swim isn't a program, Fullmetal Alchemist is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pamster
post Jul 31 2005, 08:59 PM
Post #11

Citizen

Member No.: 18,537

I don't think they were really nice in those rude bumps talking about how they served up a plate of anime and we're not even eating it why should they give us a second one, but hey it's their brand of sarcastic humor so I ignored it because the ratings from what I hear were pretty sweet. wink.gif You're entitled to an opinion of course and this is the place to express it, but I wouldn't expect people to boycott FMA on AS because that is the only place many of us can see the Dub. I know its where I first saw FMA after hearing about it online I was curious and its now my favorite show. smile.gif

+Quote Post
adamclark
post Jul 31 2005, 09:49 PM
Post #12

Alchemists

i'd never boycott FMA. that would be madness

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jul 31 2005, 10:00 PM
Post #13

I still don't get what you are upset about adamclark. By boycotting adult swim you would be boycotting FMA as well you know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Senefen
post Aug 8 2005, 09:45 PM
Post #14

Alchemists

Member No.: 519

>.> at least you get decent shows on Adult swim. In Australia they hadent put anything new on since September 2 years ago. Recently they put InuYasha on at 11pm every night. THATS OUR NEW SHOW PEOPLE!

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Aug 9 2005, 02:14 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 6,124

I am happy with adult swim. If it wasn't for AS I would not be watching anime. Not because it wouldn't be on, but because I used to be anti-anime until I saw FMA on adult swim. The bumps are just for fun you know. When people send in something stupid the make fun of them, it's supposed to be funny. Maybe I will become an AS promoter. biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 06:27 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css