HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fma Anime Episode Content Q & A: Place To Post Unanswered Questions From Any Episode, Spoiler Warning
Rating 5 V
Fullmetal_heart
post Apr 23 2007, 08:12 AM
Post #451

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,473

okay(pivo) here's my explanation... there are 2 woelds in a fma. the alchemy one and the non- alchemy one....(munich 1923)

the people in munich are used as energy for the alchemy world when the people in munich die. (alchemy world, Shamballa) everyone has a soul, humonculus, humans, everyone. a humonculus is only a dead body that wasnt completely brought back to life by an attempted human transmutation, but part of their soul comes back with the body...but they still have a soul, that's what im saying....so thats how they feel. cause u cant live without a soul and have emotions. everytime Alchemy is used, that energy has to come from somewhere, so everytime its used, someone in munich dies (the other world). Gluttony lost his soul when donte used that alchemy spell... but even if you lose your soul, you can still move and stuff. you just cant feel emotions or pain. gluttony felt sad when lust died but thats because he still had a soul. (with me so far?) but when donte used alchemy on him, his soul dissapeared and he became a complete monster.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pivo
post Apr 23 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #452

Citizen

Member No.: 46,201

Yeah, I understand. I forgot about Gulattoni-Dante thing. I guess it all makes sense now.
Thanks a lot!

--------------------
I say NO to drougs, but they just don't listen...

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_heart
post Apr 24 2007, 07:29 AM
Post #453

Citizen

Member No.: 45,473

sure...im glad it helps...

+Quote Post
snorlax422
post Jun 1 2007, 05:39 PM
Post #454

Citizen

Member No.: 46,950

I got a question which I;m not sure has been answered. Why did Ed want to remember the day he burnt down his home?

--------------------
Gluttony and Greed are my main men!

+Quote Post
TheRainbowConnec...
post Jun 3 2007, 04:36 AM
Post #455

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,133

QUOTE(snorlax422 @ Jun 1 2007, 05:39 PM) [snapback]549212[/snapback]
I got a question which I;m not sure has been answered. Why did Ed want to remember the day he burnt down his home?

I believe it was that he wanted to remind himself of his determination in his mission to restore Al and himself to their original bodies.

Check out Episode 17 "The House Where the Family Waits", ~19mins in after Winry opens his watch.

If we may borrow some material from the manga, it would also remind him that they cannot go back and live in the past and have fully committed to their path with no option to turn back and return to Resembool.

+Quote Post
Freya-chan
post Jun 3 2007, 07:14 PM
Post #456

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,952

Its kinda A question But has anyone noticed how Eds watch says remember 3.Oct.10 so two years later its 1912, right? Everyone following me? well 1912 is two years before WWI and in the movie its arround the late 1930's when Hitler took over. when the move is 2-3 years after the end of he series... i feel confuzed like ed:

one other thing the two worlds thing confuses me... if you dont die than there isnt another side of you right (roy) but ed and all (as of the end of the series have counter parts in munich (Heidrich, ed heidrich) but there still living how does that happen?!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Jun 3 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #457

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 38,435

I'm not very sure, but I think time passes a little differently in our world than in Amestris. It's possible. WWI went from 1914-1918 (or 1919, I need to brush up on history XD), so if we continued following that timeline, and assuming that Ed was 15 when it was 1914, when he turns 18 the war should still be going on. But in the movie, WWI is over (and would soon be entering WWII), so perhaps like in the Chronicles of Narnia, time flows differently in different worlds.

To answer your second question...

[spoiler]When Ed was sent to the other side of the Gate by Dante, Ed ended up entering the body of alter!Ed, which means that even though Ed was still alive, he also has an alternate self in another world. People don't necessarily have to be dead in Amestris to have doubles in our world.

And of course, there's alter!Gracia. As shown in the final episode, Gracia is still alive.[/spoiler]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Freya-chan
post Jun 4 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #458

Apprentice

oh... one more question how come ed remebers his life in shamballa but hughes doesnt?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Jun 4 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #459

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 38,435

QUOTE(Freya-chan @ Jun 5 2007, 08:14 AM) [snapback]549824[/snapback]
oh... one more question how come ed remebers his life in shamballa but hughes doesnt?

The Hughes in that world is not the same as Brigadier General Hughes from Amestris. Sort of an other-worldly double. And if you noticed in the movie, that Hughes is very much unlike his Amestris counterpart.

[spoiler]Ed was simply sent to the other side of the Gate a.k.a. our world when he brought back Al, so originally, he came from Amestris, and thus remembers what it was like there.[/spoiler]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Freya-chan
post Jun 4 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #460

Apprentice

it all makes sense now... ah anime a cornocopia of weird events, pairings, and stuffed

--------------------

+Quote Post
Twilight Avenger
post Jul 21 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #461

Citizen

Member No.: 47,309

okay(pivo) here's my explanation... there are 2 woelds in a fma. the alchemy one and the non- alchemy one....(munich 1923)

the people in munich are used as energy for the alchemy world when the people in munich die. (alchemy world, Shamballa) everyone has a soul, humonculus, humans, everyone. a humonculus is only a dead body that wasnt completely brought back to life by an attempted human transmutation, but part of their soul comes back with the body...but they still have a soul, that's what im saying....so thats how they feel. cause u cant live without a soul and have emotions. everytime Alchemy is used, that energy has to come from somewhere, so everytime its used, someone in munich dies (the other world). Gluttony lost his soul when donte used that alchemy spell... but even if you lose your soul, you can still move and stuff. you just cant feel emotions or pain. gluttony felt sad when lust died but thats because he still had a soul. (with me so far?) but when donte used alchemy on him, his soul dissapeared and he became a complete monster.

Munich 1923 is supposed to represent our world......RL. And Shamballa the FMA world. What you said has truth to it. Now, if you are talking about, what the manga has told you, then I can't really elaborate on that, since I don't read the manga at all. Sorry, I am just not a manga person. But, when it comes to the anime, yes, your theory on Gluttony holds some water, but if that was the case, how do you explain Wrath getting all hot and heavy about Sloth being his mother instead of Izumi? I mean, I can understand how you get confused, but that is just taking confusion to a whole nother level. I'd have to go back and look, but, I don't exactly remember how he became confused in the first place. I have all the discs, so yeah, definitly I need to go back and look.

Kinda makes this argument null and void I guess.

--------------------

Sig By Astra
Click my SIGGY to see my FORUM (Azure Craze)
DotHack-Haseo-www.dothackers.net & Azure Craze
TwilightChrono-www.youtube.com www.motiono.com

+Quote Post
The New Fullmeta...
post Jul 21 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #462

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

From: A little place called love... or my head... whichever...
Member No.: 35,074

Ah, the "worlds" argument. This is a good one. smile.gif

I haven't read all of your guys' posts, but am I correct in assuming someone's questions was geared more towards the manga than the anime? Because if so, I'm willing to take a shot at it.

--------------------

awesome sig and avvy made w/ love by Nil-chan! Yaay! I'm your biggest fan! ^^
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by
drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

"Chicken Soup for the Royai Soul" - a ff.net C2 by FM-A.com people!

My fan-fiction, including the infamous Royai-themed "Adventures" series! :D

+Quote Post
TheRainbowConnec...
post Jul 21 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #463

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,133

QUOTE(The New Fullmetal Alchemist @ Jul 21 2007, 01:20 PM) *
Ah, the "worlds" argument. This is a good one. smile.gif

I haven't read all of your guys' posts, but am I correct in assuming someone's questions was geared more towards the manga than the anime? Because if so, I'm willing to take a shot at it.

Hmm? This subforum is devoted to discussion of the FMA anime. Manga Q&A can be taken to the manga subforum.

+Quote Post
The New Fullmeta...
post Jul 24 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #464

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

From: A little place called love... or my head... whichever...
Member No.: 35,074

Lol, thanks, Rainbow, I know that. smile.gif It's just that briefly someone mentioned the manga. smile.gif

--------------------

awesome sig and avvy made w/ love by Nil-chan! Yaay! I'm your biggest fan! ^^
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by
drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

"Chicken Soup for the Royai Soul" - a ff.net C2 by FM-A.com people!

My fan-fiction, including the infamous Royai-themed "Adventures" series! :D

+Quote Post
river chaser alc...
post Jul 25 2007, 07:36 AM
Post #465

Citizen

Member No.: 47,402

Hey, I've got a question. On episode three, Al is talking about how when they were younger and it's showing you when they were little, well on one, you see Edward and Alphonse standing in front of a tree, while Ed has a knife in his hand (I think he looks like he is crying). Now here's my question, what are the doing?

<Moved this and the next two posts from FMA Anime Q&A thread. 07/24/07 ~Tombow>

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 03:23 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css