Reply to this topicStart new topic
Favourite Anime Pairings, Yaoi/yuri/het, whatever
Kihaku
post Nov 19 2004, 05:01 AM
Post #1

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,360

Okay.... so I made this topic because certain discussions started getting out of hand tongue.gif . I know it's nothing new and has probably been discussed a lot anyway.. but well... So it is to discuss all possible pairings in anime and manga serieses, canon, fanon, own and all types tongue.gif ... why you hate/love/like/dislike certain couples or what your attitude towards pairing/shipping is tongue.gif
So anything goes... and no need to be that open minded tongue.gif
Oh and I guess I'll start with just listing certain couples I support(but not all, or this will get too long...)
FMA
RoyxRiza (of course.. obviously made for each other)
HughesxGracia (like above)
Digimon
KenxDaisuke
TaichixYamato
Yu-gi-oh!
JonouchixMai(gaah.. why don't they see it)
P. SetoxKisara(so sweet)
Isis xKaiba*evil laughter*
AtemxYugi
One Piece
ZoroxTashigi(but this series has a lot of other potentials laugh.gif )
Yami no Matsuei
Tsuzuki/Hisoka(I saw that they belong together before I even knew their names..)
Gravitation
YukixShuichi
TatsuhaxRyuichi
ASK threesome tongue.gif
FAKE
DeexRyo
BikkyxCarol
Eerie Queerie(or Ghost)
HasunumaxMitsuo(yes...that way, Mitsuo)
Naruto
SasukexNaruto
Kyou Kara Maou!
WolframxYuuri or Wolfram/Yuuri
DBZ
VegetaxBulma
C-18xKuririn
Magic Knight Rayearth
Lantis/Eagle
ClefxPresea
FerioxFuu
Rurouni Kenshin
SanosukexMegumi
Inu Yasha
MirokuxSango
Sesshoumaruxolder Rin
Mobile Police Patlabor
AsumaxNoa
Banana Fish
AshxEiji
Dragon Drive
TachibanaxSayaka
Kidaichi Shonen no Jikenbo
HajimexMiyuki
Ranma 1/2
RyogaxAkari
Wolf's Rain
HubbxCher

Hmm... that's it for now biggrin.gif Mostly couples I back with 100% but there are more*crazy laughter*...
EDIT: can't believe I forgot some important ones... still there are so many...
EDIT2: I did that finally tongue.gif but like usual, only for the couples I support with 100%.

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gashole
post Nov 19 2004, 06:23 AM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 685

For some reason I'm really against boy-boy/girl-girl pairing. I don't like RoyxEd or LantisxEagle etc. I prefer to think of them as really good friends and just that. rolleyes.gif

And when the age difference is so big, I don't like it either. For example, in Card Captor Sakura, the teacher is in a relationship with one of his students, who is 10-yrs-old. Dizzam. No matter how "mature" that student is, she is still 10-yrs-old and his student. Find someone your age, teacher. I feel the same with SesshoumaruxRin. In fact, it never occurred to be that they may be a couple until I came here and read posts about them being a couple. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
RoyxRiza BigFan
post Nov 19 2004, 10:01 AM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 12

oh goodie @W@

Can these go for related anime videog games? @O@..
Gulity Gear series-> MILLIA X KY KISKE 4 EVER>W<

Gundam series-> Char X Harman (ke ke ke, he hit her at 14 years old >O<)

FMA i no need to say rolleyes.gif

--------------------
God is Good and this is why *U*

user posted image

+Quote Post
Kasumi
post Nov 19 2004, 09:40 PM
Post #4

Brigadier General

Member No.: 135

Hm...My list is going to be very long, so I'll just list a few. Also, I'm not going to explain why I support them, because most of the time, I can't explain why I support a couple in words. I just do! tongue.gif

FMA:
RoyxRiza
EdxWinry

Inuyasha:
InuyashaxKagome
MirokuxSango

Shaman King:
YohxAnna

DBZ:
VegetaxBulma

Gundam SEED:
MwuxMurrue

Bleach:
RukiaxIchigo

Yu-Gi-Oh!
JonouchixMai

Digimon Adventures:
TaichixSora

Um...I know I'm forgetting a few important ones, but I'm tired...

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
AoiSora
post Nov 20 2004, 02:19 AM
Post #5

Alchemists

Member No.: 667

I totally agree with Gashole up there. For the age difference one that got me was Auron and Rikku from FFX. He is 20 years older and dead. Come on people! and that Student Teacher thing distubs me too. Maybe it is becuase I live in American where that is major scandals right now.

But anywas.. couples I like:

RoyxHawkeye (like you couldn't tell right? laugh.gif
KenshinxKaoru
AnnaxYoh
TreizeaxLady

"Cute couple I like"
EdxWinry
SoraxKairi
HitsugayaxHinamori

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 20 2004, 07:15 AM
Post #6

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 330

I'm the first shonen-ai supporter. Whoopie. tongue.gif

FMA:
- Roy x Ed
- Al x Winry
- Al x Ed
- Sig x Izumi
- Hohenheim x Trisha
- Hughes x Gracia
- Mason x Rose
- Winry x Paninnya
- Russell x Ed
- Kimblee x Archer

Final Fantasy VIII: (oops, a game...)
- Seifer x Squall
- Irvine x Selphie
- Cid x Edea

FAKE:
- Dee x Ryo
- Rose x Dee

DBZ:
- Bejiita x Gokuu
- Yamucha x Gokuu
- Torankusu x Goten
- Touma x Baadakku

Yu-Gi-Oh:
- Kaiba x Yami
- Jounoichi x Yugi

Yami no Matsuei:
- Tatsumi x Tsuzuki
- Muraki X Tsuzuki X3
- Hakushaku x Tsuzuki
- Hisoka x Tsuzuki (the mangaka's sketch of older!Hisoka is all to blame)

Gundam Wing:
- 2 x 1
- 3 x 4
- 13 x 6
- Dorothy x Relena
- 5 x S

Ai no Kusabi:
- Iason x Riki
- Katze/Darryll
- Luke x Norris

Weiss Kreuz:
- Yoji x Aya/Ran
- Yuri x Aya/Ran
- Obayashi x Aya/Ran
- Schuldig x Aya/Ran
- Crawford x Aya/Ran

Pretear:
- Goh x Kei

Petshop of Horrors:
- Leon x D

Gravitation:
- Ma-kun x Taki (x Ken-chan X3)
- K x Sakanou
- Touma x ....Yuki's sister.... >__>

Kyou Kara Maou:
- Gwendel x Gunther
- Conrad x Yuuri

Dynasty Warriors:
- Sun Ce x Zhou Yu
- Zhang He x Zhou Yu
- Zhao Yun x Jiang Wei (...Jiang Wei? o.o I don't know if this really is the guy I'm referring to...)

And the list goes on and on and on~ biggrin.gif

People are going to kill me for this, but I thought Mr. Tarada and that girl from Cardcaptor Sakura were cute together. Or at least... I would have found it cute to see if they hadn't censored it. >__> They canceled the entire show because they couldn't cover up "certain" relationships. *cough*Mr. Tarada/girl & Touya/Yuki*cough-cough*

So... I kinda support any pairing. As long as I like the characters. Although I prefer a shonen-ai pairing above any other. biggrin.gif

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Cloud28
post Nov 20 2004, 08:02 AM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 829

- Roy x Ed ?? ., lol gay couple , lolz

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 20 2004, 08:08 AM
Post #8

Brigadier General

Kase: Nice list biggrin.gif Don't really know what to say....
But hey... as you can see, I'm also a shonen-ai/yaoi supporter and like just a lot of different couples in general. The shonen-ai genre really opened my mind. biggrin.gif
Most of those kind of couples that I support actually happen to be from that genre too... but there are certain exceptions tongue.gif *Looks at SasukeXNaruto*
Well... in my previous list are actually just the ones I totally support... there are like a million others... *sighs* especially in the shonen-ai department tongue.gif
mostly in those cases it's actually a really deep friendship that I kind of start imagining as something more*hits evil head*.
If I had to say which I like more.. het or shonen- ai that would be kind of hard.... Well in all shonen-ai cases I've always liked the pairing(not that I know many but well...) het cases however... I've sometimes just really hated them/not liked at all/couldn't care less.. oh and I'm talking of canon couples now tongue.gif
So well, I guess it would be shonen ai, but het follows close behind... On the yuri/shojo-ai part I can't really say much since I don't know much on those... I guess I would find it okay, but wouldn't be too fanatic about it tongue.gif

I also don't like real great age differences. It depends though... for example I really like JonouchiXMai although they have quite a big age difference, but it's something that isn't that noticeable. I haven't seen Cardcaptor Sakura so I can't say much about that... but I really don't like the fact of a 10-year-old with a teacher... that's not legal, right? So long as the younger one is around 16 I guess it's okay with me. Oh.. and in MKR I 'm pretty much against the Lantis&Hikaru couple too... I just see Hikaru as a little kid and Lantis as so much older... one of the reasons I see him with Eagle... I actually think that their freindship is something really deep, perhaps a little exaggerated , but it's just friendship*sighs* I wanted it to be soo much more...

Oh and Kase: You put Tsuzuki as the uke???? Even with Hisoka??? What's "the older" Hisoka by the way? (try not to spoil me too much though tongue.gif
In Yami no Matsuei I also kind of like the MurakiXTsuzuki pairing... mainly because I feel so sorry for poor Muraki tongue.gif ... definitely TsuzukiXHisoka 4ever though!

Oh and I forgot Rurouni Kenshin!
Don't really care so much for Kenshin & Kaoru.... but I really like Sanosuke &Megumi(100%)! And in the anime also SanosukeXSayo.. although not as much as the previous
Then there is Sanosuke/Kenshin of course... *evil grin*
Oh! And in InuYasha: MirokuXSango! I don't really care for the rest in that series... oh except maybe Miroku/Inu Yasha ...
I can't see Rin's and Sesshoumaru's relationship more than a father-daughter kind of type tongue.gif

Wow.. this turned out to be a long post... must shut up already tongue.gif

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 20 2004, 08:55 AM
Post #9

Moderator Emeritus

@Cloud: How dare you laug at my couples! tongue.gif *protects pairings from prying eyes*

@Kihaku: biggrin.gif I love your messages, I see no reason to cut them short! Love long messages that take my time to read so that I can truly focus on its contents. :3 Aherm, on-topic:

The older!Hisoka sketch was actually just that. A sketch the mangaka drew of a tall Hisoka who looked remarkably like Tatsumi and Muraki (broad-shouldered, same hairstyle). O.o He was as tall as them anyway. She said that if Hisoka were able to grow up that's what he would look like (and that he would top Tsuzuki! XD) So you see the mangaka also totally supports uke!Tsuzuki~ X3 I love that woman. Maybe I'll be able to find that sketch for you -- once I've cleaned up my comp. ^^;;

About that Mr. Tarada/girl thing: (sheesh, I can't even remember her name tongue.gif) I liked the fact she was in love with her teacher, that was really sweet. But I wouldn't support the actual pairing. I mean a guy of what? 30? With a 9 year old? It's sweet, but still... biggrin.gif (And don't say it's basically the same with Ed and Roy. I know the difference between a 16 year old and a 9 year old thank you tongue.gif)

Oh! I forgot a few fandoms too...

Rrouni Kenshin:
- Sanosuke x Kenshin
- Sanosuke x Megumi
- Saito x Kenshin
- Yahiko x .....dammit, I forgot the kid's name... tht little Lord with his German uncle with a Dutch flag on his ship. tongue.gif

Fushigi Yuugi:
- Nakago x Hotohori
- Suboshi x Amiboshi (yes, the twins tongue.gif)
- Friend of Brother x Brother of Miaka (^ ^;; I dunno FY that well, okay?)

Sorcerous Stabber Orphen:
- Hartia x Orphen
- Majik x Orphen

I also wanted to put down Mein Liebe but I forgot all character names. ^ ^;; Oops.

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kokoro no Hana
post Nov 20 2004, 09:35 AM
Post #10

Alchemists

Member No.: 497

Kase.....Al x Ed? O.O

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 20 2004, 09:44 AM
Post #11

Brigadier General

You'd really find that sketch for me? *shiny eyes*.
I don't tend to write long messages, because probably I'm in such a hurry or something...plus I figure that most people wouldn't bother to read everything if they're long. So things have to be kept compact tongue.gif .
But sometimes I have a lot to say....And on this topic I love to read long messages too biggrin.gif Actually those posts are compact. tongue.gif

Oooh... the mangaka actually said herself that Hisoka would be able to top Tsuzuki???? And I thought that she wasn't giving their relationship as much depth as I had hoped tongue.gif but I've only read the first volume and seen half of the anime(yes... still waiting for downloads and the second volume to appear in the store)
so I wouldn't know that well... Judging though by everything, Tsuzuki is an obvious uke tongue.gif except when it comes to Hisoka, who can never grow older*sigh* so... but maybe Tsuzuki/Hisoka might work though...

Yeah... RoyxEd is completely different but that doesn't start from the time they first met when Ed was 11 or so... tongue.gif ???Like I said/wrote before... so long as the younger one is around 16... but then again I don't see anything wrong with a thirteen-year old and a sixteen-year-old. Or like in Sailor Moon 17 and 14.. I just don't like Mamoru&Usagi ,but then... I don't seem to like any pairs in that series biggrin.gif (I haven't seen it all though, so I don't know of its potential).

Hah.. still forgot stuff from Rurouni Kenshin Although I'm not totally supporting them, but I like them anyway
YahikoXYutaro (right?)
Sanosuke/Saito (can't seem to decide which way... you tend to see Sanosuke as the seme though*thinks SanosukeXKenshin* but in this case it's so hard...
Fushigi Yuugi
Miaka's brother is Kensuke... but his friend... was it Tatsuha? (Or then I'm thinking too much about Gravitation) yeah.. I like that tongue.gif
The canon would be TamahomeXMiaka, I liked that at first, but then it got kind of boring, although I'm not against it... there are just so many guys in that series and so few girls that it almost forces to put them together tongue.gif
Tasuki/Tamahome(aah....can't decide. Anyway this is more favourable than TamahomeXMiaka tongue.gif )
ChichiriXTasuki(or then the other way... it's so hard with so many strong male characters)
SuboshiXYui
(Those three pairings would be what I'd support, if anything...)
AmiboshiXMiaka(I'm weird)
NagakoXanyone.... tongue.gif Half kidding actually. I just see him on anyone... he's one mean guy tongue.gif

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
RoyxRiza BigFan
post Nov 20 2004, 09:49 AM
Post #12

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 12

QUOTE(Kasumi @ Nov 20 2004, 04:40 AM)

Inuyasha:
InuyashaxKagome
MirokuxSango

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif yeah MIRKOU X SANGO 4 EVER!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Gundam Seed
Yzak X Fllay wub.gif
Dearka X Milly wub.gif

Gundam Seed destiny
Shin X Stella wub.gif

--------------------
God is Good and this is why *U*

user posted image

+Quote Post
wolfi1412
post Nov 20 2004, 10:32 AM
Post #13

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 369

FMA:
RoyxRiza
LingxLanFan

Rurouni Kenshin:
KenshinxKaoru
AoshixMisao

Inu Yasha:
Inu YashaxThe girl that tied him to the tree, forgot her name.

--------------------
Vine Alchemist
user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 20 2004, 11:02 AM
Post #14

Moderator Emeritus

QUOTE(Kokoro no Hana @ Nov 20 2004, 04:35 PM)
Kase.....Al x Ed? O.O

Yeppers. Al x Ed. biggrin.gif To quote someone I know really well... like to act like I know at least:

biggrin.gif I would be one of those few actually. The love between the Elric brothers is so strong (it's one of the key factors of the series) and them acting upon that love like "normal" lovers would... not caring about what others think, only knowing nothing would get in the way when it comes to their love for each other... smile.gif That would be beautiful in my eyes.

@Kihaku: Of course! How could I deny you that goodie when I see you're really interested in the fandom? smile.gif Just give me some time and I'll be able to dig it it up from underneath all that junk soon! wink.gif

Oh, you're actually buying the manga? I envy you! biggrin.gif I like mangas better than scanlations because then I can read it anywhere I like. I don't think the English manga will have this particular sketch in it though, seeing they only care for the actual story. rolleyes.gif The most fun about these mangas is always the mangakas notes along the sidelines. Just to show they're also normal human beings with a life of their own. Not to mention they'll sometimes talk about certain character like Tatsumi: did you know he wasn't even supposed to be a main character in the original draft? But since Tatsumi was her favorite character (she really likes guys in suits apparently tongue.gif) he got himself quite an important role. biggrin.gif I really don't mind she did. X3 Hehehehe~

About the TsuzukixHisoka: I know a lot of people see these two together, but I just can't see Tsuzuki topping anyone. biggrin.gif;; So in my opinion if these two do get it on, Hisoka is still topping his partner, no matter the height and age. I've seen the evidence in the series, so... X3 I'll stick to my ultimate uke!Tsuzuki.

Doesn't mean I don't respect anyone's preference for the opposite of course. biggrin.gif

Oh that bit about RoyxEd not working out because of their ages wasn't aimed at you. I know you don't mind, silly. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Yutaro! Of course~ ^ ^ Thanks for the info. I knew it was something like Yahiko, but I just couldn't remember. Geez and I just saw the eps of him a while back. -__- And Kenshin i another uke!person to me. biggrin.gif He's the uber-uke which I think every anime has. It's alays gonna be SanosukexKenshin with me, although when Saito gets involved... Then it'd be SaitoxSanosuke, since Saito's the uber-seme of this anime. tongue.gif

laugh.gif The only reason I put FY in there was because of Hotohori. *__* The stud. And yes, Nakago is this anime's uber-seme. wink.gif Tatsuha... I think you're right. I remember him having a familiar name, Tatsuha from Gravitation adds up. smile.gif

You've effected me with you long replies! tongue.gif

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 20 2004, 12:04 PM
Post #15

Brigadier General

Yay for long replies! Now, nobody get intimidated by them, I still want everyone to reply to this topic biggrin.gif

That AlXEd speech sounds really familiar biggrin.gif *gets sentimental again*... ooh I love it biggrin.gif .

No need to hurry with the sketch, since I'm used to waiting biggrin.gif *glares at the Finnish store*
Yeah.. I just love the Yami no Matsuei manga! I knew I had to get it after seeing the anime(um...first ep)... although I could just order the first 11 in German I rather chose to torture myself by waiting for the English to show up slowly...(such a masocist) and I guess I figured that it would be less painful to wait for the next volumes then... if the 12th ever appears*sigh*. I hardly like reading scanlations at all(FMA is an exceptions).. as if I don't have enough of the computer tongue.gif So you can't buy the manga anywhere?
I don't know much about Tatsumi yet(thanks for the info biggrin.gif ), but I kind of like him already.. seems like a seme kind of character... although not as much as Muraki tongue.gif
Now you would know more about YnM than me, so I can understand the fact of Hisoka topping Tsuzuki(more evidence yet to be seen).. I haven't probably seen enough of his character, but Tsuzuki seems to become more and more uke as the story progresses tongue.gif
Hmm.... what's with the if . Tsuzuki and Hisoka will become a couple! *punches fist in the air* I trust my intuition. I knew it as soon as I saw them! biggrin.gif

I know the RoyXEd age difference wasn't aimed at me tongue.gif Or I assumed so anyway. I just wondered that if you considered it okay only after Ed was a little older tongue.gif

on Rurouni Kenshin :
Kenshin is an uke, but then there is his Battousai part...
and yeah Saito probably would rule over Sano... waah.. I'd like to see him top Saito! Saito is just sooo arrogant and I know that Sano would want to see him beneath him. But thanks for clarifying anyway!

The girl that tied Inu Yasha to a tree was Kikyo, the person who Inu Yasha used? to love... that's why I'm kind of neutral about Inu Yasha & Kikyo/Kagome, because I find the whole thing confusing... that's why MirokuXSango rules there!

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post

32 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 09:31 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css