HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 103 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Claudius
post Jan 7 2010, 04:16 AM
Post #46

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,805

Glad to see I was right about Roy's endurance. As I said before, the scars to his heart & mind (the Ishval massacre, Hughes' death) completely outweigh any physical injury.

I dunno about Scar's new weapon. It came out of nowhere. A lot of people complained about Mei's rescue to Riza, but at least that one had development (Mei was nearby). Was there any clue earlier about Scar being interested in using Alchemy?

And it is finally confirmed that Bradley is evil. For a long time, I gave him the benefit of the doubt over his handling of the 'Winry hostage' situation. Why would he allow his hostage to be so close to the very formidable Brothers Elric, where they could rescue her? Maybe he might actually be on the good guys' side? No, Bradley is a monster in soul & body, which means what he did was pretty stupid.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jan 7 2010, 08:05 AM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

Ok, so is the Raw currently on Mangahelpers the same as posted here? I don't want to download again if it's the same file.

Sorry for interrupting.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Jan 7 2010, 08:20 AM
Post #48

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

hmm.. just post it... it's a good quality or not?

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 7 2010, 08:21 AM
Post #49

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Jan 7 2010, 11:05 AM) *
Ok, so is the Raw currently on Mangahelpers the same as posted here? I don't want to download again if it's the same file. ....

@Animeoldtimer - I just asked a friend there, and yes, it is exactly the same file. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
o-ren
post Jan 7 2010, 11:54 AM
Post #50

Citizen

Member No.: 47,183

There's a big flaw to that whole Roy sacrifice thing, you think maybe it has some sort of time limit on it? Like Roy loses his sight but only for a certain period of time since it's not he who actually sinned doing the transmutation but Selim, which is why Selim's shadows and regeneration disappeared? (sORRY FOR THE RUN-ON SENTENCE)

also, Selims time is drawing near, he lost the "pride" part of himself after all didn't he? Just like how Lust was destroyed by flames (which represent lust), Greed was eatten, Envy was revealed to be envious of humans and I suppose Wrath is being dealt not the hand of destruction/ wrath from Scar but regeneration, quite the opposite to defeat him. Selim lost the one thing he truly valued I guess which is the pride of being a homunculus and a pretty badass one at that.

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jan 7 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #51

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (Claudius @ Jan 7 2010, 04:16 AM) *
I dunno about Scar's new weapon. It came out of nowhere. A lot of people complained about Mei's rescue to Riza, but at least that one had development (Mei was nearby). Was there any clue earlier about Scar being interested in using Alchemy?

Does there have to be? He studied his brother's research notes so obviously it didn't come out of nowhere. I actually see it not just as a new power Scar has but a representation of his development throughout the series. He no longer just wants to destroy. He now he has fully understood his brother's message and thus now uses both his brother's tattoos.

I also think Scar realizes it is not "alchemy" that is evil. After all he has been on good terms with Mei an alchemist even before he joined the side of Ed & Roy (two state alchemist).

+Quote Post
Cece
post Jan 7 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #52

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,077

*Gasp* Noooo Mei! I'll be very upset if Mei dies or gets hurt. She's too young to die! I'm really glad Scar is facing off with bradley. Bradley was so arrogant and evil when it came to Ishbalans I'm so glad that an Isbalan will be the one to take him down. Should Scar survive that is.

-----------

<Everyone who wish to reply to the following part of this post, please continue this discussion on "May Chan discussion" thread. Thank you!! smile.gif ~ Board Stuff>

QUOTE (Claudius @ Jan 7 2010, 08:16 AM) *
...A lot of people complained about Mei's rescue to Riza......

OT: The entire fandom hates Mei. See the anime/manga fandom picks certain girls from every anime series and just hates on them. For dumb reasons too. It's the way of life.

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jan 7 2010, 01:50 PM
Post #53

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (o-ren @ Jan 7 2010, 07:54 PM) *
There's a big flaw to that whole Roy sacrifice thing, you think maybe it has some sort of time limit on it? Like Roy loses his sight but only for a certain period of time since it's not he who actually sinned doing the transmutation but Selim, which is why Selim's shadows and regeneration disappeared?

I think this is one of the best theories about Roy's situation I've read these 2 months or so, thanks for sharing.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Jan 7 2010, 02:21 PM
Post #54

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

QUOTE (Claudius @ Jan 7 2010, 05:16 AM) *

Not too much people were complaining about May saving Riza, the ones claiming it will be a Deus Ex Machina were quickly put before the sheer stupidity of that claim and were reminded that not too many people complained when Arakawa used a real Deus Ex Machina to save Ed after he was stabbed by Kimblee tongue.gif

As for Scar's new tattoos, we've known about it since the Ishbal flashback (alright, not true : we've never seen the side with the "Ignis" inscription before. But it is the same tattoo) : they were invented by Scar's brother, and are the result of his research in both Renkinjutsu and Rentanjutsu. Ever since he met May and Marcoh, then was confronted to Miles and Winry, Scar went on a more positive road, trying to build something instead of just being a destroyer. That he would try to recreate his brother's alchemy isn't so surprising in this state of mind, as his brother wanted to use it for the good of his people, Scar is just trying to live up to his memory. Seeing how far he had to be pushed before using it (against he most dangerous foe ever, one that he simply can't let go because it would equal the death of many other people), I even believe Scar didn't want to use it in the battle, probably keeping it for the time after the fight is over. Like Kirara said, this is just the end result of his character development througout the series.

+Quote Post
BirdieNumNum
post Jan 7 2010, 02:27 PM
Post #55

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,394

Wow, the RAW is out really early this month. I came on here maybe expecting to find some spoilers, and the RAW is already out.

Thanks to all those responsible for posting it here and providing translations biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ropespinner
post Jan 7 2010, 02:47 PM
Post #56

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,466

QUOTE (Kaori Ayanami @ Jan 6 2010, 12:54 PM) *
As for Ed's speech, it demonstrates either: a) that Arakawa lurks FMA fandom forums; b) she had thought it all along and now looks at us fans the same way Father looks at humans (well, maybe not that much, just as Ed would look at regular alchemists tongue.gif). Or even better: both. XD

It was quite delicious that Ed was confused about the exact same things that have confused the fandom. I want to believe that Arakawa saw the fan reactions coming and was gonna make Ed sy that all along, because it would seem a bit weird that she would insert extra stuff this late in the story, especially since the chapter was so short.

Talking about the length of the chapter, I also checked the page numbers visible on some pages, and also noticed that there seem to be six pages missing. I think the missing pages are after Mei gets injured, because I think the transistion from that to the next scene didn't feel typical to this manga. It was too sudden, or something. I know Arakawa does cliffhangers, but they have different style (can't really describe the difference, it's just a feeling). And there aren't really any other parts where the missing pages would fit.

--------------------
I'm Sallykie on LJ and most other forums, Seita on ZOMGFTA Forums.

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jan 7 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #57

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

I don't think it's irrational that Scar shows us his new tattoo... just like what Kirara said, it's a sign of Scar's development as a character and understanding that alchemy is not the source of evil; humans are.

OT: I like May and dislike Winry. XD; But well this isn't a character discussion thread so let's just leave it at that.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Kaori Ayanami
post Jan 7 2010, 03:31 PM
Post #58

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,575

I don't think it's irrational that Scar shows us his new tattoo... just like what Kirara said, it's a sign of Scar's development as a character [..]

It is even more revealing that he didn't use it until now. Of course he had a great advantage by keeping it secret as his card of triumph, but he was in trouble before (when the Fuhrer candidates appeared, or when fighting the immortal army before Mustang came to save the day) and could have used it after all. Seems he didn't want to. If true, that would speak very well of him.

Got to admit that too: this is the first chapter of FMA that dissapoints me (having read the rest of the manga so far: some Briggs ones did too, but I hadn't read some crucial bits before ^^U). The most typical shounen-ish chapter of all. If this is ALL the chapter, that is.

-----------

<Everyone who wish to reply to the following part of this post, please continue this discussion on "May Chan discussion" thread. Thank you!! smile.gif ~ Board Staff>

QUOTE (Kirara @ Jan 7 2010, 11:15 PM) *
OT: But yes the fandom seems to have an irrational dislike for Mei & Winry. I suspect because they don't meet their messed up idea of how a strong female character should be.

OT: It's because both are "stealing" (sic) their "boyfriends". (As for Al, I'm talking about Mei's idea of how he should look like, not his real body nor his... armor self o_0).
I would understand that hatred against Mei from people who just got their first impression of her (I mean, her size, her childlike portray and behavior, her crushes...), but after all that has been stated about her through the manga, it gets a bit on the retarded side.

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Jan 7 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #59

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

QUOTE (Ropespinner @ Jan 7 2010, 03:47 PM) *
Talking about the length of the chapter, I also checked the page numbers visible on some pages, and also noticed that there seem to be six pages missing. I think the missing pages are after Mei gets injured, because I think the transistion from that to the next scene didn't feel typical to this manga. It was too sudden, or something. I know Arakawa does cliffhangers, but they have different style (can't really describe the difference, it's just a feeling). And there aren't really any other parts where the missing pages would fit.

The transition between the page where Scar takes the blade out of his right arm and the one where he reveals his left arm seems off to, so I think there is one or two pages missing there.

+Quote Post
rainbowcatgirl
post Jan 7 2010, 04:02 PM
Post #60

Citizen

Member No.: 49,427

Thank you everyone who helped with chap 103 ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 10:53 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css