HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Manga Question Thread!, Post your questions for FMA manga here!! (Spoiler Alert!)
The random alche...
post May 30 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #61

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,778

its possible but in theory it has its limits: to my understanding the homunculi have a genuine PS in them (PS=Philosopher's Stone). These PS are able to sustain them for hundreds, maybe thousands of years without ageing. However [spoiler]in the case of Gluttony and Lust[/spoiler] this power was shown to be limited, causing [spoiler]both homunculi[/spoiler] to be unable to regenerate after extreme injury. Proving the power has its limits but only if use continuously for a prolonged period of time. Seeminly if a homunculi avoid injury for some time, it is able to recover.
This brings a greater whole in both formats of FMA (anime in manga) to how even after it looses power it can regain it. Maybe somehow running around homunculi can accumulate more souls into their PS or maybe the souls are attach to the PS and cannot fully go into the gate until the PS in destroyed so they return after a while.

Sorry if this doesn't give any clear answer.

--------------------
Where there is random you shall find me : D
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 31 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #62

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Not in FMA, I think. As far as I know, in FMA, the soul "energy" stored in PS is not infinite.
It's definitely finite. Possibly it's rechargeable, tho not sure, but I don't think it's self-regenerative.
Maybe some other FMA experts can explain it more articulately. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post May 31 2007, 01:32 AM
Post #63

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 38,435

I agree that it is finite - to gain the regenerative power, part of the stone must be given up. There is still the Law of Equivalent Exchange, except that what you give and receive is much, much more than just simple reconstructing and breaking down. As for being able to "recharge" the Philosopher's Stone...I'm not sure, maybe creating another one seems more plausible.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nevyn
post May 31 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #64

Citizen

Member No.: 42,482

Alchemists are killing the planet by using up all the Mako energy sad.gif

+Quote Post
ExhileVoid
post Jun 1 2007, 01:54 AM
Post #65

Citizen

Member No.: 43,912

Its one of the Infinite power, but not infinite per se, virtually infinite would be the proper term because this power is reliant on life.

+Quote Post
Porgand
post Jun 3 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #66

Citizen

Member No.: 41,766

QUOTE(Nevyn @ Jun 1 2007, 08:49 AM) [snapback]548998[/snapback]
Alchemists are killing the planet by using up all the Mako energy sad.gif

Bahahah. Serious LOL at this post laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Jun 5 2007, 03:00 AM
Post #67

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(The random alchemist @ May 31 2007, 06:14 AM) [snapback]548695[/snapback]
Proving the power has its limits but only if use continuously for a prolonged period of time. Seeminly if a homunculi avoid injury for some time, it is able to recover.
This brings a greater whole in both formats of FMA (anime in manga) to how even after it looses power it can regain it.

No there isn't, not in the manga at least. When hommunculi regenerate they use up alchemical energy (souls) stored in the stone. When they use up all of the energy, they cannot regenerate anymore, and if they've been deadly injured, they die and disintegrate, period.
What you say about hommunculi recovering over time is no different than they recovering fast, it's just that they regenerate and the energy is spent anyway.

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
ExhileVoid
post Jul 27 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #68

Citizen

Member No.: 43,912

~ Plasma: The 4th State of Matter. Application in Alchemy? ~

We all know that Alchemy in FMA Universe has to do with the manipulation of States of Matter. So far, we've only seen it done in the manga and anime with Solids, Liquids, and Gases. However, we've have yet to touch the 4th State of Matter: Plasma. Theoretically, could alchemists potentially manipulate plasma since it's also a state of matter? Maybe it sounds a little too Sci-Fi, plasma has several potentials such as creating an electromagnetic fields, direct energy weapons, or maybe a type of energy blade. I dont know if we'll see plasma in the future, it is still a state of matter though.

+Quote Post
ehxhfdl14
post Jul 27 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #69

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 45,709

It's ionized gas, after all- not the easiest element to handle. But remember, Mustang is the Flame Alchemist. Flame is a terrestrial plasma, is it not? But let's look deeper into this, assuming that you mean fully ionized gas. After all, fire is only low temperature partial plasma, only a small part of it is ionized. Now, not many alchemists use gas, let alone plasma. looks very easy to create a pathway of hydrogen to the intended target and snap- however, gas is very vagarious, as I mentioned beforehand. Even Mustang can't make the flame head straight toward the target(I believe that is impossible, in fact), and instead in a zigzag pattern. So if Mustang is the only alchemist (that I know as of yet) that is able to use gas in such accomplished manner(well, I haven't even seen any others controlling gas like that-correct me if I am wrong), manipulation of something like plasma would be extremely difficult. Keep in mind that the free electric charges are obviously electrically conductive. That makes it highly sensitive to electromagnetic fields, and every living being possess biological EMF, including the alchemist himself. If you do create an EMF artificially, that is potentially harmful to the alchemist, as non-biological EMF has been shown to be harmful to living beings. Also, plasma is an extremely efficient source of radiation. In fact, even lightning exude x-rays and gamma rays. With all these (and more) in mind, it would be toilsome to create an array for plasma, and do not forget what happens if the reaction rebounds. I doubt that, even if plasma was considered a separate state of matter, there would be sufficient research documents of it as of yet there. In other words, it might be too risky for the alchemist to try. Or even if there was an alchemist studying plasma extensively, maybe he died as a result- like Marie Curie and Radium. Maybe they would be able to, in time.

--------------------
We have met the enemy, and he is us.
-Walt Kelly, Pogo

+Quote Post
teeniv
post Aug 11 2007, 01:51 AM
Post #70

Citizen

Member No.: 48,877

Can someone please explain:

1. Why the homunculi left ed, al, mustang and the others who know that the homunculi are behind the military alive?

2. And did the higher corrupt officials know about this the whole time?

3. Sloth is tracing a path around amestris in the pattern of the philosopher's stone transmutation circle, yes? What did the Ishbal and other wars have to do with this?

4. Is Kimbley's stone a philosopher's stone or a fake? And the stone's which make up the homunculi, are they real or fake too?

5. What is the difference between the fake (red stone in the anime) and the real stone? (Meaning do both contain human souls?)

If anyone who can answer these questions you have my thanks. smile.gif

<Edited the thread title to make this a general thread for all FMA manga questions. ^^ 08/12/07 ~Tombow>

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Aug 11 2007, 05:13 AM
Post #71

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE(teeniv @ Aug 11 2007, 01:51 AM) *
Can someone please explain:
1. Why the homunculi left ed, al, mustang and the others who know that the homunculi are behind the military alive?

Roy and the Brothers Elric are important to the Homunculus' plans.

2. And did the higher corrupt officials know about this the whole time?

Yep. The higher ups are rotten to the core.

3. Sloth is tracing a path around amestris in the pattern of the philosopher's stone transmutation circle, yes? What did the Ishbal and other wars have to do with this?

Besides the fact that Ishbal and the other conquered nations are points of the circle, it's the same reason in the anime. More deaths mean more Philosopher stones.

4. Is Kimbley's stone a philosopher's stone or a fake? And the stone's which make up the homunculi, are they real or fake too?

5. What is the difference between the fake (red stone in the anime) and the real stone? (Meaning do both contain human souls?)

From what I'm getting, I don't know if there really is a difference. The jist of things is that any Philosopher stone is composed of human souls. The 'anime' fakes solely existed in the Brothers Tringham's work.

Claudius

+Quote Post
ehxhfdl14
post Aug 11 2007, 09:16 AM
Post #72

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 45,709

Well, I think Claudius pretty much answered everything ^-^
Only, fakes did exist, even in the manga. After Cornello's stone breaks, Ed realized that it was a fake and flipped out. Remember that?
I don't think that the difference between the 'fake' and the 'real' Philosopher's stone was blatantly stated as of yet...but who knows, maybe we'll find out in the future.

--------------------
We have met the enemy, and he is us.
-Walt Kelly, Pogo

+Quote Post
teeniv
post Aug 11 2007, 11:11 PM
Post #73

Citizen

Member No.: 48,877

Thanks.^^

Can't wait to see how fma ends!!

+Quote Post
nick fury
post Aug 12 2007, 07:19 AM
Post #74

Citizen

Member No.: 44,028

I like the manga better in all ways accept for what the philosophers stone has become. Well maybe I should change that, I don't like how the humonculi are made in the manga. It makes no sense, I am hoping the explanation will be good but if there are thousands of souls in a stone how does one humonculi personality come out of it? I think the anime explanation of humonculi are much better. Neither are too close to a real world meaning of it , but the anime's is closer.

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Aug 12 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #75

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

QUOTE("ehxhfdl14')
Only, fakes did exist, even in the manga. After Cornello's stone breaks, Ed realized that it was a fake and flipped out. Remember that?

Yes, but at that time, Ed knew nothing about the philosopher's stone, except that it was a powerful alchemy amplifier. We can say that the more souls there is in it, the most "perfect" a philosopher's stone is, because it will last much longer. Shape must also be a good sign of how perfectly a philosopher's stone has been made : the new stone of Kimblee mustn't have that much more souls in it that his first one, but it is perfectly round, so I suppose that it is more powerful.

QUOTE("nick fury")
Well maybe I should change that, I don't like how the humonculi are made in the manga. It makes no sense, I am hoping the explanation will be good but if there are thousands of souls in a stone how does one humonculi personality come out of it?

I think that it is obvious that Father put a little bit of his own soul in the stones of his "sons", it must be that part that enables each Homonculus to get his own personnality.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 08:35 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css