HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 29: Struggle Of The Fool - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 29 episodes!!
TheSentinel
post Oct 25 2009, 09:53 AM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,527

Don't know Japanese so can't rate/respond to any of the dialogue.

It looked like a decent episode, looked to follow the manga nicely.

Only gripe, while the angry scar ending was nice, I would have much preferred the tatoo... oh well... minor issue... easily forgiven... as long as its actually shown in the next episode, and not ignored/censored/cut whathaveyou.

--------------------
Tomorrow's forecast:
An expected high of 68 degrees, partly cloudy, with a chance of DOOM!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Oct 25 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #17

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

Episode seemed decent enough...but im not sure how much I like it when they move scenes to after the credits (before the preview). I'm worred some people are missing important scenes because of this as I know a lot of people close the episodes once they see the credits start rolling.

I'm a bit irked that they cut out Al questioning Ed's use of the philosopher's stone as passage fee (I don't understand Japanese but it's pretty clear that it's not part of the conversation). It's not like it was ever referenced again but ignoring it completely makes it seem like Al doesn't care at all what Ed used to open the gate...and Al is clever enough that he always thinks about these things.

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Oct 25 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

QUOTE (Sannom @ Oct 25 2009, 04:25 PM) *
Mess with the story??? Are you being hypocrital on purpose or is it natural? I didn't see anything messy with how they made the story, and didn't see any strong lack in animation and drawings.

I don't want to start a flame war, but do you know the explanation of word "hypocritical"?

QUOTE (shiroe @ Oct 25 2009, 04:32 PM) *
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Oct 25 2009, 08:58 PM) *
Well, I must say, I didn't like this episode as well. The animation was simply horrible. Repetative motions, no coins at all (wtf?) wobbly art. And nothing much happening as well. The only good scenes for me were Ed's shower (modified through and through of course...) and Ranfan fighting with Mei.

Why do they have mess with the story so much?

2/10

Well I, for one, find this episode very well done and enjoyable! What's wrong with the animation? I hardly noticed anything. Certainly you can't expect a 'rest' episode like this one to have superb animation like 26, 28, right? But it's in no way horrible imo.

As I said, it was very repetitive, lacked of details and the designs of characters were inconsistencial. And yes, I expect all of episodes to be high quality.

Nothing much happened? You must be kidding, them crammed 2 chapters of the manga in this one episode, and they did a good job this time around, nothing much was changed or omitted, well, apart from the shower scene (which I didn't give a damn about and is just one small unimportant scene) and maybe some lines were shortened. But look back at ep 11, now that's messing up with the story. This ep was much better than that.

They cut tiny bits from all good moments I found in manga, they chaged expressions and poses I liked very much. And adding an elevator at the beginning only worsened my thoughts about that episode.

Of course, hating it or liking it is your own choice, I just find your reasons for hating it rather ridiculous and unreasonable. huh.gif

I think I expressed myself unclearly, my bad. I would explain it better. And yes, IMO. I don't see any reason in bashing someone's for their opinion on anime tongue.gif

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
shiroe
post Oct 25 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 71,291

@Kasumisty

Ok, your reasons sound less unreasonable now, although I still disagree. biggrin.gif And don't take me wrong, I didn't want to bash you for your opinions or anything. I know it's all about personal preference, and you seem to like details a lot, which is fine by me.

I still wonder though, what's wrong about "adding an elevator at the beginning"? ohmy.gif I know that scene isn't in the manga, but an elevator at the millitary headquater seems fine enough to me.

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Oct 25 2009, 11:44 AM
Post #20

QUOTE (shiroe @ Oct 25 2009, 08:40 PM) *
I still wonder though, what's wrong about "adding an elevator at the beginning"? ohmy.gif I know that scene isn't in the manga, but an elevator at the millitary headquater seems fine enough to me.

The setting of the anime - it's XVIII or XIX century knowing that Arakawa set the manga reality based on Industrial Revolution in Britain. I don't think elevators were invented by then, nor were so advanced. For me, it's an eye sore.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Oct 25 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

I only saw the raw and am waiting for subs, but it seemed like a fairly decent episode to me.

-The comedic moments were really great, Dr. Knox and the Xingese girls made me laugh out loud laugh.gif
-Even though I'm still not quite used to Greed's voice coming from Ling, it's actually pretty hot XD
-Marcoh's laughing freaked me out a little.
-Ed in mature clothes = <3 And the Edwin was cute too.

Can't wait to see what Bones does with Ishbal happy.gif

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Ropespinner
post Oct 25 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #22

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,466

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Oct 25 2009, 09:44 PM) *

The setting of the anime - it's XVIII or XIX century knowing that Arakawa set the manga reality based on Industrial Revolution in Britain. I don't think elevators were invented by then, nor were so advanced. For me, it's an eye sore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevator#History
In FMA manga/Brotherhood anime, the current year is 1914 (not sure about the first anime). So there could have been that kind of elevators for about 60 years by then. Just sayin'.
[EDIT.]
Oh, and in the manga there are elevators in Briggs anyway.

--------------------
I'm Sallykie on LJ and most other forums, Seita on ZOMGFTA Forums.

+Quote Post
Irena
post Oct 25 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #23

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,592

- Why is it that you can see the scar on Roy's hand in this episode, but in the eyecatch (where he's holding up his hand) it's not there? B|
- I imagined the scene between Roy, Riza and Armstrong a bit differently, but oh well.
- The part where Ed was talking to Winry was kinda cute x3
- Marcoh, you looked weird e____e

The animation was a bit dodgy here and there but overall I thought it was a decent episode.

+Quote Post
mandymtt
post Oct 25 2009, 03:39 PM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 49,384

-I feel like there's such a huge lack of emotion in this ep. I know animation budget is one thing but damn. When Wrath first mentions winry being a hostage in the manga Ed is pretty filled with rage, and mustang facial expressions are totally lacking I think throughout the episode.
-Envy in the shower was weird. Glad they kept his antenna hand clap!
-Greed/Lin is just as cool in the anime as he is in the manga. the intro with him and wrath was good and its setting up their war nicely.
-I was kind of hoping they were going to end the ep with hawkeyes tattoo considering it was such a cliffhanger in the chapters.
-as always.. loved the Edwin. Her fingers fidgeting with the cord was a nice touch.

cant wait to see Kimbly in the upcoming eps! He's such a gangster in his white suit. My favorite villain in the whole series.

+Quote Post
Vicious74
post Oct 25 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 71,248

They didn't show Dr. Knox talking about his family, which was me worried since the conclusion to that subplot is amazing.

Great episode otherwise, even if the art was indeed lacking.

Best moments were hearing Ling's voice again for that brief moment and Kimblee in the preview.

+Quote Post
Seeker of Truth
post Oct 26 2009, 05:59 AM
Post #26

Citizen

Member No.: 28,876

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Oct 25 2009, 11:44 AM) *

WAIT!!!! You are complaining about Elevators when they were "created" about the same time as cars, both of which well predate radio and telephones. tongue.gif The Elevator has been a "mature" technology longer than cars also.

Vicious74, Knox and Al discuss that his wife left him and about his son, when Al finds a family photo.

+Quote Post
Nzm
post Oct 26 2009, 06:29 AM
Post #27

Citizen

Member No.: 70,107

Actually, FMA seems to be set in late XIX century.

And about the ep: nice one, though there were much better ones. I think that the problem is that it isn't emotional enough. It generally lacked something.
The storyline is awesome off course, as it follows manga. The animation is nice, though the music gets too repetitive.
Anyway, storyline develops. If they don't fail it, the next week will be awesome.

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Oct 26 2009, 06:42 AM
Post #28

QUOTE (Ropespinner @ Oct 25 2009, 10:05 PM) *
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Oct 25 2009, 09:44 PM) *

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevator#History
In FMA manga/Brotherhood anime, the current year is 1914 (not sure about the first anime). So there could have been that kind of elevators for about 60 years by then. Just sayin'.
[EDIT.]
Oh, and in the manga there are elevators in Briggs anyway.

QUOTE (Seeker of Truth @ Oct 26 2009, 02:59 PM) *
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Oct 25 2009, 11:44 AM) *

WAIT!!!! You are complaining about Elevators when they were "created" about the same time as cars, both of which well predate radio and telephones. tongue.gif The Elevator has been a "mature" technology longer than cars also.

Vicious74, Knox and Al discuss that his wife left him and about his son, when Al finds a family photo.

I see, it just looked too futuristic to me.

--------------------

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Oct 26 2009, 06:51 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 55,758

Yeah, about the music. It's reeeeally starting to feel dry after being overused so much. Most of the pieces aren't actually bad, but when you hear them too much you just get tired of them. Still, the episode itself was allright.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Oct 26 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #30

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

What was with the art this week? I noticed a few people saying 'wow Ed looked older' but to me most of the cast looked older, I think everyone's heads were slighty smaller than normal this week. Not terrible just a bit of a step down.

- I liked the added scene with Envy at the beginning primarily because it established that the person with Ed and Al during the shower scenes, etc was Envy, something the manga actually didn't do all that well. Yes I know Envy's taken that form before, but to me it just wasn't entirely clear. So much so I missed it first time I read that chapter.

- Hmmm they removed Al and Ed arguing about the fact Ed used the stone, which is a shame as that was a pretty good scene, kinda sad to see it go.

- I've always liked the conversation with Wrath (also nice that they added some reaction to Bradley being revealed to Ed and Al as definately a Homunculus)

- Ah Ling/Greed rocks, I just can't explain it but he does

- Greed and Wrath's convo was nice

- So was Lan Fan and Mays

If it seems like I don't have alot to say it's because I really dont. This episode wasn't terrible nor was it amazing, it's a standard set up episode for me. It's nice and all I just don't have alot of give an opinion about. Dull isn't it?

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 10:17 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css