HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

81 Pages V  « < 79 80 81  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Manga Ending, How's It All Going To End? What Do You Think Would Happen At The End Of The Series?, New poll added. Come on in and cast your votes! ^^
Rating 5 V
Besides the characters who are obviously very likely to survive, among the ones that are somewhat uncertain, who do you think would be standing (metapholically speaking) in the end??
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 168
Guests cannot vote 
Dearheart
post Apr 21 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #1201

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,903

Where in the world did Arakawa say that?? I know she talked to them about the ending, but I'm pretty sure she requested that they make it different from the manga ending so it wouldn't spoil things for the readers. That's what I was always told, anyway...

I'm not crazy about Emo!Roy either, but I highly doubt she'd pull that one on us. And even if she DID make him get all emo and angsty, it'd be done in a way that didn't completely fail or seem ridiculous, like in the movie.

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Apr 22 2010, 09:57 AM
Post #1202

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

^ I agree, I read that the anime team kept asking her stuff about the fma universe and she accidently let slip the ending of the manga, so she asked them to make the anime ending different so it wouldnt spoil the manga. And as for emo roy graaaah hope we dont end up with that, he annoied me, allthough if that were to happen im sure arakawa would make it good regardless, I think Roy will become fuher personally, as thats been a running theme through the entire story

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hayate-Gou
post Apr 22 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #1203

Citizen

Member No.: 49,674

Oh thank God. I must have misread what she said in the authors-comic (the volume escapes me) about discussing the end of the manga with the anime creators. Hopefully this means we have avoided Emo!Roy, and Ed will finally pay Mustang his money back. Ha.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Apr 22 2010, 04:52 PM
Post #1204

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

The first anime changed the characterizations, too; emo!Roy still seemed like derailment to me, but his anime characterization made it vaguely plausible. But given manga!Roy's demonstrated characterization, I really don't think we'll see any of that.

Actually I'm vaguely reminded of this quote, even though it doesn't quite apply:
"I may have been a little like that before. But the current me has people to stop me, and people to point me in the right direction."

Suppose that Roy stays blind, that his situation gets more hopeless. Even if that happens, if he even thinks about getting depressed and inactive, he'll have Hawkeye at his side, Ed reminding him of the 520 cens, a whole bunch of people trying to get him to snap out of it. He's not going to melt down like the first anime had him do.

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Apr 23 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #1205

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

Arakawa says she consulted the anime writers about the ending of the manga and even though the anime finale was completely random and failed all logic

kind of like the end of the first anime and COS.

but I've NEVER heard of this thing with Arakawa wanting the ending of the 2nd anime to be different o.O

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
Gukumatz
post Apr 23 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #1206

Citizen

Member No.: 45,648

@Disasterpiece: Arakawa didn't want the end of the SECOND anime to be different; she wanted the end of the FIRST anime to be different. At that point in time, the manga was still fairly new and didn't have enough chapters out yet. Hayate-Gou thought that we could predict the ending of the manga from the ending of the first anime because she thought (mistakenly) that the animators were basing the first anime on Arakawa's plan for the manga. It's actually the opposite! The first anime went off on its own direction (different from Arakawa's direction for the manga) at Arakawa's request. I hope that clears up the confusion.

Arakawa talked about this in either one of the guides or at the end of one of the volumes (I forget which).

--------------------
-Gukumatz
[ LJ | Song translations | Icon ]

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Apr 23 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #1207

Alchemists

QUOTE (Gukumatz @ Apr 23 2010, 06:53 PM) *
@Disasterpiece: Arakawa didn't want the end of the SECOND anime to be different; she wanted the end of the FIRST anime to be different. At that point in time, the manga was still fairly new and didn't have enough chapters out yet. Hayate-Gou thought that we could predict the ending of the manga from the ending of the first anime because she thought (mistakenly) that the animators were basing the first anime on Arakawa's plan for the manga. It's actually the opposite! The first anime went off on its own direction (different from Arakawa's direction for the manga) at Arakawa's request. I hope that clears up the confusion.

Arakawa talked about this in either one of the guides or at the end of one of the volumes (I forget which).

Oh.....wait a minute

I think I misread the post unsure.gif

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post May 17 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #1208

Alchemists

(sorry for double post but it's just been weeks lol)

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fate of Al and Ed's leg in light of 107..

The only conclusion i keep reaching is hoho will bring back al and Ed will keep his automail leg unless Ed surprises us all.......

but I have this horrible feeling that Ed may sacrifice himself for Al, based on what was said in 107 "What do you think he will sacrifice and hoho will bring HIM back or MAYBE he will give his arm BACK for Al and hoho will get Ed's limbs back, as absolution for his sins to Edward or maybe-

oh god stop the FMA conclusion train i want to get off!! T__T

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

+Quote Post
cherry-chan. :D
post May 17 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #1209

Citizen

From: a relatively small country at the South East of Xing. 8D
Member No.: 69,870

I honestly don't want FMA to end yet, just as much as everyone. XD But then again... it seems like it really is ending. (I'm not sure, but I heard somewhere that it's ending in June? NOOOO. ;____;) <-- lol, I just reacted to myself, wth. Again, not sure about that.

I think Hoho-papa's going to die. (I don't want him to, really, because I love Hoho. He's so cool.) Probably in favor of his sons. Like, since he's a philosopher's stone, he could maybe let Ed use him to get Al back from the Gate, or something.

As for Roy... I'm still confused if I want him to get his vision back or not. Haha. It would be nice if he did, but then again.. (I don't want to think of the possibilities. There's everything and nothing. XD) Anyway, he's got Riza to help him. It'll be fine, lol. XD Maybe can be the first blind Fuhrer in the history of Amestris! XDDDD But I think Roy isn't going to be Fuhrer right away. Probably they'll have Grumman temporarily (like in CoS? Grumman was Fuhrer then, right? Sorry, idk, I didn't watch it, lol.) And then maybe after some recovery time for Roy and the rest of the country... maybe Grumman could "retire" or something, hand over the position to Roy. Since Grumman ships Royai he did say that he wanted his granddaughter to be the wife of the future Fuhrer. HAHAHA~

+Quote Post
tinlunlau
post May 25 2010, 09:34 PM
Post #1210

Apprentice

Member No.: 208

Just reading through a thread at a Chinese forum and the people raised a few good points. Some predict that Hohenheim is going to sacrifice himself to save Al. Some say that Al couldn't be saved and Ed would travel to Xing to study alkahestry in an attempt to bring Al back. And here's my favorite. One guy say Mustang would become fuhrer and enforce that "all females must wear mini-skirts" rule that he once said early in the manga.

http://www1.uwants.com/viewthread.php?tid=...tra=&page=1

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post May 26 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #1211

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

Um, sorry, but most of us here don't know chinese. Maybe you will describe it in some more detail. However, the first one is widely known and I don't like the two other ideas. The second one would lead to an open ending (which I wouldn't want in FMA) - and I don't see much sense in it, as everything can be resolved within Amestris alchemy; and the second one was, well, a joke in a manga. Nothing to ponder about.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post

81 Pages V  « < 79 80 81
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 07:52 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css